Dr. Rami M. Akel, MD

Dr. Rami M. Akel, MD

Cardiology | Male

Florida Cardiology Associates is a cardiology group practicing in the Trinity, New Port Richey, and Pasco County Regions, with 20+ years of combined cardiology experience. We provide compasionate and comprehensive high quality care to our patients and their families with the latest advanced technologies. Cardiac disease is of one of the leading causes of death in the United States. Our goal is with aggressive disease prevention, acute care management, and education is to try to markedly reduce those occurrences. Our highly trained cardiologists are available 24/7 to serve you. We promise to put you and your care first. This means we believe medicine is much more than technology and procedures. It is about being your partner and treating you with the same level of skill and respect that we would want for our own families. At Florida Cardiology Associates we believe it all starts by saving lives with one heart beat at a time.....Read more

Dr. Akel's Experience

See how Dr. Akel's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Akel

Dr. Akel accepts 12 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Akel has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Akel's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Akel to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Akel
Dr. Akel's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (22)
in New Port Richey, FL |
Very good Dr. I found myself in the middle of a pretty bad heart attack and I'm thankful that Dr. Akel was on call. He made it clear very quickly that he would take quick, great care of me. I'm alive today thanks to his ability in the cath lab. I would have absolutely no problem recommending him to anyone. Actually, I would encourage people to seek his care and compassion.
New Port Richey, FL |
Dr. Akel goes above and beyond. Amazing bedside manner with his patients when in hospital. His personality shines with confidence. I know my mom is in good hands.
in Port Richey, FL |
Dr. Akel is my husband's new cardiologist and he is fantastic. Here in Florida, it can be very challenging to find a really good doctor who not only takes good care of their patients, but also keeps the family well informed and has a positive attitude. Dr. Akel is aces at all of those things. Hospital staff call him "magic" in his abilities and I can see why. K.L Tampa area
in Hudson, FL |
Dr Akel has changed my life. we first met when I was admitted to regional hospital with chest discomfort. he was very kind, caring and listened to me explain what I was feeling. with the examination we were able to quickly get my high blood pressure under control. I have since been going to him for the past 4 years. I appreciate his knowledge and his professional manner. have completed a stress test and catheterization by putting my full trust in Dr Akel something I do not do. highly recommend.
in Bayonet Point, FL |
Dr. Akel is knowledgable, kind, and patient. He takes the time to explain everything.
in Port Richey, FL |
Dr. Akel has the BEST bedside manner. He is not only an excellent physician, but the most compassionate ones...truly a blessing to the profession! He took care of my Mother who is 81 years old, she was totally comfortable, and smiled every time he came to check on her. We never felt rushed, and always understood what he was going to do and what he recommended. We would recommend him to anyone!
in New Port Richey, FL |
Dr. Akel is personable, compassionate, thorough and knowledgeable. He takes time with you and explains his diagnosis to you. He is very easy to talk to. He has performed several angioplasty procedures on me and I've come out better from each one! Great doctor!
Have you seen Dr. Rami M. Akel, MD?
Are you Dr. Akel?

Dr. Akel's Care Philosophy

Dr. Akel's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Cardiology
  •  Board certified in Cardiovascular Disease and Interventional Cardiology

Dr. Akel has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Akel's Board Certifications

• Cardiomegaly
  • Cardiomyopathy
  • Carotid Artery Disease
  • Chest Pain
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Congenital Aortic Valve Disorders
  • Congenital Heart Defects
  • Congenital Heart Disease
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Coronary Artery Aneurysm
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Endocarditis
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Disease

Al Bashir and Jordan Hospital
    Indiana University School Of Medicine
    University of Texas Medical Branch
    Methodist Delray Vascular Institute

Dr. Akel does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Akel and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Cardiology

• Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair
  • Angioplasty
  • Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
  • Cardiac Electrophysiology
  • Cardioversion, Elective
  • Cardioverter-Defibrillator or Pacemaker Insertion, Removal or Repair
  • Carotid Artery Stent Placement
  • Carotid Ultrasound
  • Chest CT (incl. Heart and Lungs)
  • Coronary Angioplasty, Atherectomy and Stent
  • Thrombolysis
  • Tilt Testing or Cardiac Event Monitors
  • Vascular Surgical Procedure
  • Vein Treatment
  • Venous Doppler (Legs and Arms)

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.