Dr. Rami Akel, MD

Dr. Rami Akel, MD

Interventional CardiologyMale

Dr. Rami Akel, MD is a Interventional Cardiology Specialist in Trinity, FL. Dr. Akel has more experience with Interventional Cardiac Procedures, Adult Congenital Heart Conditions, and Heart Conditions than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point and Medical Center Of Trinity. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Akel to book an appointment.

Florida Cardiology Associates

Trinity3543 Little Rd Ste A Trinity, FL 34655
Florida Cardiology Associates13411 Lakeshore Blvd Ste A Hudson, FL 34667

• Practices at Top Hospital Coronary Intervention Excellence Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Akel's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Akel

4.2

77.55102040816327%

Dr. Akel?
  • Explained conditions well (37)
  • Listened & answered questions (35)
  • Trusted the provider's decisions (35)
  • Appointment was rushed (8)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (8)
  • Office environment (8)
Yesterday had an appointment for 3:30 and waited till 6:00 before dr came in the room. I went for a follow up after a stay in the hospital for a heart attack. Before I left the doctors office I thought I was going to have another heart attack. The PA came in the room and she went over everything with me and was very good but surly didn’t need to wait hours see the doctor. He spent less than two minutes with me but by that time I was so angry I didn’t hear a thing he said. It was a bad experience from the office girl to the doctor
Gerry – Dec 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rami Akel, MD?
Dr. Akel is the most arrogant doctor I have ever met. I was referred to him for leg vein treatment. My first visit, I waited almost an hour. Second visit was for procedure #1. I waited almost 2 hours for procedure. Third visit, I waited almost 3 hours! Then he just nonchalantly saunters in like is was no big deal. I was supposed to have a follow up 6 months later. He couldn't be bothered to show up, so they said I would have a telephone follow up. He was 4 hours late calling me. I told him I had better not be charged for the call. This man needs to learn how to manage his time. My time is precious, and I don't expect to have to wait forever for this guy. He's a great Dr. for his skills.
Dec 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rami Akel, MD?
Dr Akel saved my life in February of 2018 when I had a massive heart attack.
Beth Simmons – Jun 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rami Akel, MD?
Dr Akel is an excellent cardiologist. You may have to wait a bit to see him but that is because he is taking time with other patients. He’s very thorough and that is commendable!!!!
Karen New Port Richey – Jan 31, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rami Akel, MD?
He needs to have as many Patients as possible to pay for his car. The office staff is not well educated and the dr. Rushes from room to room. I changed cardiologists and after meeting my new Dr. the ineptness of Dr. Akel became even more evident.
Jan 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rami Akel, MD?
Dr. Akel is a great doctor 5 STARS. I was a patient of his for the last 3 years. Until today when I asked the office staff why I was still waiting an hour after my scheduled appointment. I informed them that I had to be at work at noon. The office manager was offended and said that she would cancel my appointment. On my way out the door they called me in took my blood pressure and weight. The nurse spoke to me and said that you are free to go. I asked about another appointment and was told by the office manager that I will get a letter in the stating that I'm no longer a patient of Dr. Akel. It a shame that this women has the ability to pick Dr.Akels patients and to get rid those of us that question her. 5 STARS Dr.Akel -0 stars office manager. P.S. are you going to return my $110 Copayment that you took from me prior to my 2 minute visit and then telling me that I'm no longer wanted as a patient. Whatever your name is you are very RUDE and should never have any contact with patients.
Timothy Hughes – Jul 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rami Akel, MD?
If you have a heart issue this is your Doctor!!! I’m so thankful he took such good care of me!!
Nancy – Jul 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rami Akel, MD?
Excellent Care,Up to Date with Latest procedures. Very Knowledgeable.
steve bradford – Jul 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rami Akel, MD?
He seemed ok, for the most part when my husband was in the hospital. But the woman D.O. who was with him, and did most of the talking was not someone I will ever allow in my husband's room again. We are not following up with Akel, but with another cardiologist. Would not recommend him or that woman, who never identified herself.
FL – Jun 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rami Akel, MD?
Dr Akel is very knowledgeable and compassionate. Orders only those tests necessary to diagnose a problem. It is refreshing to know He keeps an exact record of my health history. Would not hesitate to recommend Dr Akel for cardiology care.
WJulie Cross in Hudson, FL – May 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rami Akel, MD?
Dr Akel helped save my life. He strongly took charge once he discovered my extreme heart blockage. He orchestrated the steps to get me to my surgeon. He instructed me every step of the way, before and after stress test/heart cath, calmly teaching me in my condition and probable outcome. Some reviews on here complain that they waited too long (oh you will wait), but this doctor is worth the wait. The staff always treated me great also. I recommend Dr. Akel 100% no hesitation.
-EdP – Jan 31, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rami Akel, MD?
Dr. Akel saved my life in an emergency because of another doctor's negligence. He is truly an amazing man with a brilliant mind. He really cares for his patients and has a passion for his work. People need to understand that emergencies happen at the hospital and can sometimes make doctors late. He is treating patients with heart conditions not runny noses! Good things are worth waiting for. Thank you so much Dr. Akel!
FL – Dec 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rami Akel, MD?
I would not refer my worst enemy to this office- I have been dealing with them for 2 months and it is a joke! The staff is rude and the Dr does not spend more then 5 minutes in a room! My husband had an Echo done over 2 weeks ago and is still NOT read! His PCP (that I work for) has requested the report 6 times in writing and still nothing! We have called them 3 times to be told its STILL not read! This place is a JOKE!!! If you want answers to your problem, DON'T GO HERE!!!!!
FL – Jul 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rami Akel, MD?
Being a snowbird, it's difficult to find a really wonderful doctor. After being taken to the ER, Dr. Akel was assigned to me. I will forever be grateful that he was working that evening. He has turned out to be the BEST cardiologist I've had through 20 yrs of CAD. Who cares if he's late for an appt? He's a busy man and never cuts corners with any of his patients. Don't complain...you are waiting to see a GREAT cardiologist.
Wendy Kinder in Port Richey, FL – Jun 25, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rami Akel, MD?
WOULD GIVE LESS THAN ONE STAR IF POSSIBLE. THIS DOCTOR IS AN EMBARRASSMENT TO HIS PROFESSION! WE WERE KEPT WAITING 2 AND A HALF HOURS PAST OUR APPT BEFORE WE WERE CALLED IN AND WHEN I DARED TO MENTION IT TO HIM, HIS WHOLE DEMEANOR CHANGED. HE CAME INTO THE OFFICE...'HELLOOOOOO'. HELLO MY BUTT! WHEN I TOLD HIM WE HAD WAITED TWO AND A HALF HOURS, THAT SWEET FACE OF HIS WAS GONE IN AN INSTANT. 'WELL I'M SORRY, BUT SOME PATIENTS TAKE LONGER THAN OTHERS!' BOOKS TOO TIGHT, GREEDY. JERK!!!
Tracy D in Holiday, FL – Jun 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rami Akel, MD?
I can NOT say enough about Dr. Akel! He’s saved both my mother and my brother when most doctors wouldn’t have touched either. Thank you Dr. Akel! Our family LOVES YOU!
Rodelli – May 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rami Akel, MD?
I have no idea of Dr Akel is a 1 or a 5 as it relates to his medical skills - I haven’t spent more than minutes with him to determine. That said, when I have to reject a request for a critical conference with my own patients family and leave early to be at his office for a 4:15 appointment yet I’m still sitting in the waiting room at 6pm unseen, he gets a 1 rating. This comes after a 12pm stress test two weeks ago that finally started at 4 when he finally arrived. Respect your patients doctor
Lara in Trinity Florida – Mar 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rami Akel, MD?
Dr. Akel provides excellent individual care to his patients. Couldn't have asked for a better physician to go through this process with.
Nancy Turner – Mar 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rami Akel, MD?
Had 10:30 appt for vein procedure. Took valium as instructed. Told he had an emergency after tech draws on my leg. In exam room all this time,12:15 tech pops in says take the other valium. I ask how much longer." Within half hour". 45 minutes later still no dr. Get dressed, go to desk, girl says, oh, you're next, 20 minutes. I cancelled all this & all appts. Horrible customer service, Poor communication. Total disrespect for people's time. No plan for dr emergency communications with patients.
Andrew in Hudson – Nov 18, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rami Akel, MD?
On paper I looked great.I was 62 yrs old, I had good bp, good cholesterol, non-smoker, 6 foot, 190 lbs...but I had a vague pain in my throat, almost heartburn that subsided when I sat down. Dr Akel admitted me,(because of my symptoms), for a stress test the following day. It was positive! I had a catheterization and a blockage of 95% was found in my coronary artery. A stent was implanted. The bottom line was I did not have a heart attack so I have no residual damage to my heart. The procedure w
John Manning in Port Richey, FL – May 24, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rami Akel, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Akel?

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Frequently Treated by Dr. Akel

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Akel treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Akel treats other conditions, please contact the office at (727) 848-6400.

Interventional Cardiac Procedures

Interventional cardiologists specialize in catheter-based treatment of heart diseases through procedures such as cardiac catheterization, impella devices, and stent placement.Compare with other Interventional Cardiac Procedures specialists.

Dr. Akel is experienced in the area of Interventional Cardiac Procedures. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 7 conditions and procedures

Peripheral Artery Catheterization
Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
Coronary Angioplasty, Atherectomy and Stent
Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR)

Adult Congenital Heart Conditions

Adult congenital cardiac disorder specialists diagnose and treat heart disorders, such as arrythmias and mitral valve disease, that have been present from birth to adulthood.Compare with other Adult Congenital Heart Conditions specialists.

Dr. Akel is experienced in the area of Adult Congenital Heart Conditions. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 19 conditions and procedures

Aortic Valve Regurgitation
Atrial Flutter
Atrial Fibrillation
Arrhythmias

Heart Conditions

Compare with other Heart Conditions specialists.

Dr. Akel is experienced in the area of Heart Conditions. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 33 conditions and procedures

Similar Providers
Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
Heart Disease
Angina and Acute Coronary Syndrome
Congestive Heart Failure

Cardiac Electrical System Procedures

Electrophysiologists monitor, diagnose and treat abnormal heart rhythms through procedures such as electrocardiograms (EKGs) and pacemaker insertionsCompare with other Cardiac Electrical System Procedures specialists.

Dr. Akel is experienced in the area of Cardiac Electrical System Procedures. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 4 conditions and procedures

• Atrial Fibrillation
  • Atrial Flutter
  • Atrial Septal Defect
  • Automatic Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (ICD) Implantation
  • Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
  • Cardiac Imaging
  • Cardioversion, Elective
  • Cardioverter-Defibrillator or Pacemaker Insertion, Removal or Repair
  • Carotid Artery Disease
  • Carotid Ultrasound
  • Chest CT (incl. Heart and Lungs)
  • Chest Pain
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Congenital Aortic Valve Disorders
  • Congenital Heart Defects
  • Congenital Heart Disease
  • Congenitally Corrected Transposition of the Great Arteries (CCTGA)
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Coronary Angioplasty, Atherectomy and Stent
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Coronary Artery Dissection
  • Electrocardiogram (EKG)
  • Endocarditis
  • First Degree Heart Block
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Disease
  • Hypertensive Heart and Chronic Kidney Disease
  • Hypertensive Heart Disease
  • Hypotension
  • Impella Device
  • Insertion of Left Ventricular Lead for Pacemaker or Cardioverter and-or Defibrillator
  • Limb Swelling Caused by Fluid Overload
  • Lipidoses (incl. Gaucher Disease)
  • Long QT Syndrome
  • Mitral Valve Surgery
  • Mobitz, Type 2, Heart Block
  • Non-Coronary Angioplasty, Atherectomy, and Stenting
  • Pacemaker Insertion or Replacement
  • Patent Foramen Ovale (PFO)
  • Pericardial Disease
  • Third Degree Heart Block
  • Thoracentesis
  • Thrombolysis
  • Tilt Testing or Cardiac Event Monitors
  • Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR)
  • Tricuspid Valve Disease
  • Unstable Angina
  • Valve Repair or Replacement (Aortic, Mitral, Tricuspid, and Pulmonary)
  • Vascular Duplex Ultrasonography and Plethysmography
  • Venous Hypertension
  • Venous Insufficiency
  • Ventricular Fibrillation
  • Ventricular Septal Defect
  • Ventricular Tachycardia (VT)
  • Wolff-Parkinson-White Pattern

Dr. Akel accepts

Dr. Akel accepts the following insurance:

Ambetter
Tampa Bay HUMx HMOx
Medicaid
Molina Healthcare
Molina

Florida Cardiology Associates is a cardiology group practicing in the Trinity, New Port Richey, and Pasco County Regions, with 20+ years of combined cardiology...Read more

Dr. Rami Akel is Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Interventional Cardiology. A graduate of the University Of Jordan School...Read more

• Interventional Cardiology