Dr. Ramesh Veeragandham, MD

Dr. Ramesh Veeragandham, MD

Cardiothoracic Surgery  |
Dr. Ramesh Veeragandham, MD is a cardiothoracic surgery specialist in Danville, CA and has been practicing for 22 years. He graduated from Guntur Medical College, Ntr University Of Health Sciences in 1985 and specializes in cardiothoracic surgery and vascular surgery.

1320 El Capitan Dr Ste 120

Danville, CA 94526

• Health Net
  • Medicare
  • Worker's Compensation

Dr. Veeragandham accepts

Dr. Veeragandham accepts the following insurance:

Health Net
Medicaid
Medicare
Special Needs Plan SNP
Tricare
TriCare for Life
Worker's Compensation
Worker's Compensation WC

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. Veeragandham's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Veeragandham's Top Procedures and Conditions

Aortic Dissection

Dr. Veeragandham treats Aortic Dissection more than 95% of his peers

Dr. Veeragandham treats this condition more than 95% of his peers

Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)

Dr. Veeragandham treats Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD) more than 94% of his peers

Dr. Veeragandham treats this condition more than 94% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Atherosclerosis
  • Autoimmune Atherosclerosis
  • Buerger's Disease
  • Carotid Atherosclerosis
  • Coronary Artery Calcification
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Coronary Artery Disease, Autosomal Dominant 1
  • Coronary Artery Disease, Autosomal Dominant 2
  • Coronary Atherosclerosis
  • Raynaud's Disease
  • Renal Artery Arteriosclerotic Disease
Chest CT (incl. Heart and Lungs)
high
high

Dr. Veeragandham performs Chest CT (incl. Heart and Lungs) more than 87% of his peers

Dr. Veeragandham performs this procedure more than 87% of his peers

Dr. Veeragandham's conditions and procedures:

• Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA)
  • Acute Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Acute Venous Embolism Thrombosis
  • Carotid Artery Disease
  • Carotid Endarterectomy (CEA) or Excision of Infected Graft
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Chest CT (incl. Heart and Lungs)
  • Chronic Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Chronic Venous Embolism Thrombosis
  • Congenital Aortic Valve Disorders
  • Congenital Heart Defects
  • Congenital Heart Disease
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Coronary Artery Aneurysm
  • Coronary Artery Bypass Graft (CABG) Surgery
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Coronary Artery Dissection
  • Decortication and Pleurectomy
  • Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Dissecting Aneurysm
  • Esophageal Surgery
  • False Aneurysm
  • Femoral Aneurysm
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Defect Repair
  • Heart Disease
  • Heart Surgery
  • Heart Tumors, Benign
  • Iliac Aneurysm
  • Impella Device
  • Insertion of Epicardial Lead for Pacemaker or Cardioverter and-or Defibrillator
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Lung Cancer
  • Lung Surgery
  • Maze Procedure
  • Median Arcuate Ligament Syndrome (MALS)
  • Minimally Invasive Valve Surgery
  • Peripheral Arterial Embolism and Thrombosis
  • Peripheral Artery Bypass
  • Peripheral Artery Catheterization
  • Peripheral Autonomic Neuropathy
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Phlebitis and Thrombophlebitis
  • Thoracentesis
  • Thoracoabdominal Aortic Aneurysm
  • Thromboendarterectomy or Excision of Infected Graft
  • Thrombosis
  • Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR)
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Tricuspid Valve Surgery
  • Valve Repair or Replacement (Aortic, Mitral, Tricuspid, and Pulmonary)
  • Varicose Veins
  • Vascular Duplex Ultrasonography and Plethysmography
  • Vascular Surgical Procedure
  • Vascular Transcatheter Embolization
  • Venous Compression
  • Venous Embolism and Thrombosis
  • Venous Insufficiency
  • Visceral Aneurysm

"Treat patient as you treat a family member"

• Cardiothoracic Surgery

University Ca San Diego Med Center
1991
University of Chicago Hospitals
1989
Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research (PGIMER)
1985

Dr. Veeragandham?
Dr. Veeragandham's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Ramesh Veeragandham, MD
RecentMost Helpful
I have just been released from Dr. Veeragandhams care after having an Aortic Valve replacement . From our first meeting Dr Veeragandham was caring, informative,patient with all of our questions and so reassuring that everything would go well .He explained very clearly what would happen from the beginning to the healing stages and it has been exactly as he explained . We were all very confident about him being my surgeon!! The recovery has been much easier and less painful than I expected . Dr Veeragandham was very attentive to my family throughout this process !! The staff at the office have been great ! Always pleasant and helpful having questions answered promptly . I am very close to getting back to my regular exercise schedule 8 weeks after surgery ! Couldn’t be happier !! I am so very grateful I was referred to Dr. Veeragandham !
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramesh Veeragandham, MD?
In my opinion this the best Surgeon I have ever met. Dr V saved my life. I had 5 bypass CABG. My recovery was exactly as Dr V described it. He was very personable, concerned and on top of the situation even on his days off. Thank you Dr. Veeragandham.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramesh Veeragandham, MD?
As far as I am concerned Dr. Veeragandham is the best. From my first appointment through surgery (repair mitral valve) to post op appointment he was with me all the way. He prepared me for my surgery by explaining in detail what I should expect through the entire process. In addition to being an outstanding surgeon, he is caring & compassionate w/ a sense of humor. I highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramesh Veeragandham, MD?
My 80 year old mother was diagnosed with congestive heart failure, her cardiologist worked for over a month to fix her with meds. After they did a Cardiac Cath of her heart it showed she urgently needed valve replacement & repair. Within a week of diagnosis Dr. Veeragandham had her on the book for surgery. He explained everything to us and communicated with Mom's other doctors to ensure everything went smoothly before, during & after surgery. Dr. V and his staff are wonderful! Thank you Dr. V.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramesh Veeragandham, MD?
I am a physician myself and I will say he is the best Cardiothoracic surgeon that I have met. He did an open heart surgery for my mom and I was very confident that my mom will be ok. He is very responsive to questions and concerns and has been in constant communication with me throughout.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramesh Veeragandham, MD?
I've met Dr. V once prior to my vascular surgery & I can actually say meeting him was like I've known him for years. He was extremely friendly & trustworthy in his explanation of the impending surgery. He quickly recognized my health issues & proceeded accordingly. He is a marvelous person & surgeon. His entire staff is wonderful & courteous, beginning with the receptionist to his medical assistants. Thank you Dr. Veeragandham for hopefully extending my life. My family also thanks you.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramesh Veeragandham, MD?
Dr. Veeragandham is not only an exceptional surgeon, he is compassionate, professional and takes the time to address your concerns. Because of my list of preexisting ailments, above and beyond my unusual heart condition, I was a challenging and unusual patient. He willing worked with my rheumatologist, pain management specialist, and cardiologist to sort out the overlapping considerations before bypass surgery. I received exceptional care, daily visits during recovery and a great outcome!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramesh Veeragandham, MD?
After insur denied a stent procedure, we turned to Dr Veeragandham for open bypass surgery for my father. You can’t imagine the giant weight lifted off our shoulders after hearing that the procedure was promptly authorized. We felt even greater elation when the nurse contacted us from the OR and Dr V also personally explained that the surgery had gone well. We are so grateful. This surgeon is very skilled, and excellent bedside manner. Office staff are A+. Thanks for restoring health to Dad!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramesh Veeragandham, MD?
Dr Veeragandham was recommended to us by Dr Haque after a procedure did not go the way we had hoped & Bypass surgery was required. We had no knowledge of him or his reputation, however having him do my husbands Bypass and Valve repair was like a gift from above. Kind, patient, detail oriented, personal, professional and skilled beyond belief. When the people who work for you want to give their very best you know you are getting the best. Everyone speaks very highly of him and it is deserved
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramesh Veeragandham, MD?
Dr. Veeragandham is an outstanding surgeon. He conducted a long open heart surgery for my mother, replacing the mitral and aortic valve. Words cannot describe how amazing this surgeon is. He pays attention to every detail is by far the best heart surgeon in this area. In addition, he is caring, passionate and an extremely hard worker. As everyone at John Muir shared with me "He is the doctor that everyone wish their loved one had" . Impressed by his knowledge, skills and professionalism.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramesh Veeragandham, MD?
Dr. Veeragandham answered every one of my many questions regarding aortic valve replacement. At no point did I ever feel like I was being rushed. He took as much time as I needed and provided diagrams and bullet point lists of what the next steps were. There were no complications after surgery and very little discomfort. He is very accessible and will get back to you with answers to any question and will quickly squeeze you in after surgery should anything come up. The best of the best.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramesh Veeragandham, MD?
I cannot speak highly enough about the professionalism, care and compassion displayed by Dr. Veeragandham during a very scary and unexpected cardiac surgery. He was completely available at all times for phone calls - patiently answering our many questions from multiple family members. His PA's and office staff could not have been more kind and helpful. Dr. Veeragandham has such a positive enthusiastic personality and obvious love for his work, you cannot help but feel reassured and confident.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramesh Veeragandham, MD?
I was very pleased with my experience with Dr. Veeragandham. This was the best team of medical staff I have been around in a long time. I would love to have them around if I ever get sick again. Doctor Veeragandham was busy but still took the time to make me feel like I was the only patient there. He is a superb surgeon and a true gentleman who takes the time to explain your options thoroughly and follow up with your progress.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramesh Veeragandham, MD?
A terrific surgeon and a very caring physician. Dr V. and his staff treated me as if ai was a family member. They were all extremely pleasant and welcoming. I highly recommend the good Dr V.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramesh Veeragandham, MD?
Hi my name is Luis Hernandez zea I recently had to undergo open heart surgery as you can imagine it can be a frightening experience and decision to make.. From the very beginning Dr Veeragandhan and his staff were very informative and walked my wife and I through each step of the surgery making us feel confident and comfortable during this hard times. The surgery was a total success i left the hospital on my own 2 feet. We are very grateful to Dr veeragandham and all his staff thank you all
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramesh Veeragandham, MD?
My experience with Dr. Veeragandham was above and beyond my expectations. Not only was he compassionate and concerned about me, he saved my life. I will be eternally humbled and grateful for the care he gave me. He is a gentle giant among men. Mere words cannot begin to describe how I feel but hope he knows my heart! I would highly recommend him to family and friends! Thanks again Dr. Veeragandham for being there for me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramesh Veeragandham, MD?
Dr. Veeragandham is peerlessly superior in every category one would evaluate a physician. His precise skill and brilliance as a surgeon is widely and justifiably respected amongst medical professionals and patients. This alone would be enough to trust one's heart in his life saving hands yet, he has total devotion to the entire well being and recovery of his patients. His capacity for empathy and compassion is a rare commodity in today's world and anyone would be blessed to be his patient.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramesh Veeragandham, MD?
There are not many people I know who I trust with my life and I'm proud to say Dr. Veeragandham is one of them. I highly recommend him for any cardiac surgery you may be facing. PLEASE EMAIL ME as there was not enough room in this review box to convey my experience. Victor DiOrio vdior@aol.com
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramesh Veeragandham, MD?
Dr. Veeragandham Is very skilled and knowledgeable thoracic surgeon. He is also an extremely pleasant person who communicates very well, keeping the patient informed about his condition and medical options. I feel very lucky to have had him operate on me. His follow up concern for me was always apparent and was very reassuring. His staff is courteous, pleasant, efficient so post surgery office visits were pleasant. I have already recommended him to a close member of the family.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramesh Veeragandham, MD?
I saw Dr. Veeragandham after I was diagnosed with deep vein thrombosis (blood clot). I was scared about the risks and if I was on the right medication. After just 5 minutes, he put my mind at ease. He patiently listened to my story. I never felt rushed. He then shared in depth information about my condition and best treatment approach. My clot is resolved now, but if I needed surgery, I would trust Dr. V as my surgeon.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Veeragandham?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Veeragandham treats patients.