Dr. Ramesh Veeragandham, MD

Dr. Ramesh Veeragandham, MD

Cardiothoracic Surgery  |
Telehealth services available

Dr. Ramesh Veeragandham, MD is a cardiothoracic surgery specialist in Danville, CA and has been practicing for 23 years. He specializes in cardiothoracic surgery and vascular surgery.

1320 El Capitan Dr Ste 120

Danville, CA 94526

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • Blue Shield of California
  • CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Health Net

Dr. Veeragandham accepts

Dr. Veeragandham accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
TriCare for Life
Western Health Advantage
Worker's Compensation
Worker's Compensation WC

No malpractice claims found for California

Aortic Aneurysm or Dissection

Aortic aneurym or dissection specialists diagnose and treat abnormal bulges or tears in the wall of the aorta, which are life-threatening and require immediate surgery.

Typically treats 60% more than their peers

Dr. Veeragandham treats this condition more than 95% of their peers

Aortic Aneurysm

Dr. Veeragandham treats Aortic Aneurysm more than 77% of their peers

Dr. Veeragandham treats this condition more than 77% of their peers

Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA)

Dr. Veeragandham treats Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA) more than 8% of their peers

Dr. Veeragandham treats this condition more than 8% of their peers

Cardiac Surgery

Cardiac surgery, or heart surgery, is performed to treat issues related to the heart, including congenital defects or damage caused by other conditions, such as blocked arteries or arrhythmias.

Typically treats 45% more than their peers

Based on claims data for 4 conditions and procedures

TreatmentsTreatment Frequency
Valve Repair or Replacement (Aortic, Mitral, Tricuspid, and Pulmonary)

Dr. Veeragandham performs Valve Repair or Replacement (Aortic, Mitral, Tricuspid, and Pulmonary) more than 76% of their peers

Dr. Veeragandham performs this procedure more than 76% of their peers

Dr. Veeragandham performs Heart Surgery more than 63% of their peers

Dr. Veeragandham performs this procedure more than 63% of their peers

Check Dr. Veeragandham's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Veeragandham's conditions and procedures:

• Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA)
  • Acute Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Acute Venous Embolism Thrombosis
  • Carotid Artery Disease
  • Carotid Endarterectomy (CEA) or Excision of Infected Graft
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Chest CT (incl. Heart and Lungs)
  • Chronic Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Chronic Venous Embolism Thrombosis
  • Congenital Aortic Valve Disorders
  • Congenital Heart Defects
  • Congenital Heart Disease
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Coronary Artery Aneurysm
  • Coronary Artery Bypass Graft (CABG) Surgery
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Coronary Artery Dissection
  • Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Dissecting Aneurysm
  • Esophageal Surgery
  • False Aneurysm
  • Femoral Aneurysm
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Defect Repair
  • Heart Disease
  • Heart Surgery
  • Heart Tumors, Benign
  • Iliac Aneurysm
  • Impella Device
  • Insertion of Epicardial Lead for Pacemaker or Cardioverter and-or Defibrillator
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Lung Cancer
  • Lung Surgery
  • Maze Procedure
  • Median Arcuate Ligament Syndrome (MALS)
  • Mitral Valve Disease
  • Peripheral Arterial Embolism and Thrombosis
  • Peripheral Artery Bypass
  • Peripheral Artery Catheterization
  • Peripheral Autonomic Neuropathy
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Phlebitis and Thrombophlebitis
  • Thoracentesis
  • Thoracoabdominal Aortic Aneurysm
  • Thromboendarterectomy or Excision of Infected Graft
  • Thrombosis
  • Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR)
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Tricuspid Valve Surgery
  • Valve Repair or Replacement (Aortic, Mitral, Tricuspid, and Pulmonary)
  • Varicose Veins
  • Vascular Duplex Ultrasonography and Plethysmography
  • Vascular Surgical Procedure
  • Vascular Transcatheter Embolization
  • Venous Compression
  • Venous Embolism and Thrombosis
  • Venous Insufficiency
  • Visceral Aneurysm

"Treat patient as you treat a family member"

• Cardiothoracic Surgery

Dr. Veeragandham's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Veeragandham

Dr. Veeragandham?
What People Say About Dr. Ramesh Veeragandham, MD
Dr Veeragandham, is very informative and knowledgeable about the Cardiac event my body was experiencing. Although, we originally wanted to perform a TAVR procedure to replace my Aortic Valve, we ended up with open heart surgery. This is because the aorta turned out to be damaged and needed repair/replacement. The doctor is very good at what he does. I highly recommend him for any heart valve condition requiring surgery.
Bill Schramer – Jun 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramesh Veeragandham, MD?
Dr. Veeragandham gives top notch care. I had 5 bypasses, and a couple weeks later I was walking an hour per day. So far, I have had no complications and progress has been steady. His entire team and John Muir Cardiac is exceptional. All nurses, technicians, and medical professionals were outstanding. ICU nurse, Susan, was terrific and crucial to post-op recovery. They also took care of all insurance issues. I highly recommend Dr. Veeragandham and his team at John Muir.
Tim – Apr 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramesh Veeragandham, MD?
Dr. Veeragandham replaced my leaky aortic valve and my thin and enlarged ascending aorta on a Monday. The procedure went smoothly with no complications. I was walking on Tuesday and went home on Friday of that week. My recovery was quick and I began some gentle swimming at 5 weeks post surgery. I will begin supervised cardiac rehab beginning on week 7. I was at increased risk of stroke going into surgery because I had a pituitary tumor in addition to a leaky aortic valve. Dr. Veeragandham took the lead in getting 2 groups of specialists from an outside institutions to agree on a timely treatment plan. Not all of the tumor could be safely removed. But after the tumor reduced, Dr. Veeragandham was able to operate safely. I am very happy with the outcome and very grateful to Dr. Veeragandham.
Harry in Lafayette – Dec 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramesh Veeragandham, MD?
Had aortic valve replacement surgery by Dr. Ramesh Veeragandham. He is a skilled surgeon, as well as person. I am glad he was my surgeon, as every doctor I talked to about Dr. V all said he is the one of the best surgeons around. He has a great, gentle personality and was absolutely wonderful to talk to and be in contact with. I wouldn't let anyone else do my surgery.
Dec 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramesh Veeragandham, MD?
Dr. Veeragandham replaced my aortic valve and part of my ascending aorta. I am incredibly grateful for my new lease on life. Even from my first day after surgery, I could feel the difference in the unstrained beating of my heart. I am now 17 days post surgery and well on my way to recovery. The superb coordination of doctors, nurses and hospital made my 5 day stay much easier than I had imagined possible. This doctor and his team are simply great.
hml48 – Nov 02, 2019
Heart bypass
Aug 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramesh Veeragandham, MD?
In his engaging manner, Dr. Veeragandham ordered a number of tests and was extremely thorough before deciding on a plan which included a contingency plan to repair the mitral valve. Personable, responsive and admired by the hospital and skilled nursing facility staff and other doctors. He explained all options, precautions and made sure medications were up to date prior to, during and after surgery. The number of pills involved were mind boggling to someone who was not used to so many medications! We are blessed to have such a doctor in our community.
J Thibault – Aug 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramesh Veeragandham, MD?
I have just been released from Dr. Veeragandhams care after having an Aortic Valve replacement . From our first meeting Dr Veeragandham was caring, informative,patient with all of our questions and so reassuring that everything would go well .He explained very clearly what would happen from the beginning to the healing stages and it has been exactly as he explained . We were all very confident about him being my surgeon!! The recovery has been much easier and less painful than I expected . Dr Veeragandham was very attentive to my family throughout this process !! The staff at the office have been great ! Always pleasant and helpful having questions answered promptly . I am very close to getting back to my regular exercise schedule 8 weeks after surgery ! Couldn’t be happier !! I am so very grateful I was referred to Dr. Veeragandham !
May 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramesh Veeragandham, MD?
In my opinion this the best Surgeon I have ever met. Dr V saved my life. I had 5 bypass CABG. My recovery was exactly as Dr V described it. He was very personable, concerned and on top of the situation even on his days off. Thank you Dr. Veeragandham.
Apr 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramesh Veeragandham, MD?
As far as I am concerned Dr. Veeragandham is the best. From my first appointment through surgery (repair mitral valve) to post op appointment he was with me all the way. He prepared me for my surgery by explaining in detail what I should expect through the entire process. In addition to being an outstanding surgeon, he is caring & compassionate w/ a sense of humor. I highly recommend him.
Michael Howard in Walnut Creek, CA – Aug 23, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramesh Veeragandham, MD?
My 80 year old mother was diagnosed with congestive heart failure, her cardiologist worked for over a month to fix her with meds. After they did a Cardiac Cath of her heart it showed she urgently needed valve replacement & repair. Within a week of diagnosis Dr. Veeragandham had her on the book for surgery. He explained everything to us and communicated with Mom's other doctors to ensure everything went smoothly before, during & after surgery. Dr. V and his staff are wonderful! Thank you Dr. V.
Shawn in Clayton – Aug 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramesh Veeragandham, MD?
I am a physician myself and I will say he is the best Cardiothoracic surgeon that I have met. He did an open heart surgery for my mom and I was very confident that my mom will be ok. He is very responsive to questions and concerns and has been in constant communication with me throughout.
Alfort Santos, M.D. – Jul 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramesh Veeragandham, MD?
I've met Dr. V once prior to my vascular surgery & I can actually say meeting him was like I've known him for years. He was extremely friendly & trustworthy in his explanation of the impending surgery. He quickly recognized my health issues & proceeded accordingly. He is a marvelous person & surgeon. His entire staff is wonderful & courteous, beginning with the receptionist to his medical assistants. Thank you Dr. Veeragandham for hopefully extending my life. My family also thanks you.
Fred Martin in Pleasanton – Jun 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramesh Veeragandham, MD?
Dr. Veeragandham is not only an exceptional surgeon, he is compassionate, professional and takes the time to address your concerns. Because of my list of preexisting ailments, above and beyond my unusual heart condition, I was a challenging and unusual patient. He willing worked with my rheumatologist, pain management specialist, and cardiologist to sort out the overlapping considerations before bypass surgery. I received exceptional care, daily visits during recovery and a great outcome!
James Mills in Walnut Creek, CA – Jun 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramesh Veeragandham, MD?
After insur denied a stent procedure, we turned to Dr Veeragandham for open bypass surgery for my father. You can’t imagine the giant weight lifted off our shoulders after hearing that the procedure was promptly authorized. We felt even greater elation when the nurse contacted us from the OR and Dr V also personally explained that the surgery had gone well. We are so grateful. This surgeon is very skilled, and excellent bedside manner. Office staff are A+. Thanks for restoring health to Dad!
Ambrocio Family in CA – Jun 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramesh Veeragandham, MD?
Dr Veeragandham was recommended to us by Dr Haque after a procedure did not go the way we had hoped & Bypass surgery was required. We had no knowledge of him or his reputation, however having him do my husbands Bypass and Valve repair was like a gift from above. Kind, patient, detail oriented, personal, professional and skilled beyond belief. When the people who work for you want to give their very best you know you are getting the best. Everyone speaks very highly of him and it is deserved
The LoDucas in Brentwood, CA – May 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramesh Veeragandham, MD?
Dr. Veeragandham is an outstanding surgeon. He conducted a long open heart surgery for my mother, replacing the mitral and aortic valve. Words cannot describe how amazing this surgeon is. He pays attention to every detail is by far the best heart surgeon in this area. In addition, he is caring, passionate and an extremely hard worker. As everyone at John Muir shared with me "He is the doctor that everyone wish their loved one had" . Impressed by his knowledge, skills and professionalism.
Mote Bajrami in CA – May 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramesh Veeragandham, MD?
Dr. Veeragandham answered every one of my many questions regarding aortic valve replacement. At no point did I ever feel like I was being rushed. He took as much time as I needed and provided diagrams and bullet point lists of what the next steps were. There were no complications after surgery and very little discomfort. He is very accessible and will get back to you with answers to any question and will quickly squeeze you in after surgery should anything come up. The best of the best.
Paul in Walnut Creek – May 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramesh Veeragandham, MD?
I cannot speak highly enough about the professionalism, care and compassion displayed by Dr. Veeragandham during a very scary and unexpected cardiac surgery. He was completely available at all times for phone calls - patiently answering our many questions from multiple family members. His PA's and office staff could not have been more kind and helpful. Dr. Veeragandham has such a positive enthusiastic personality and obvious love for his work, you cannot help but feel reassured and confident.
Charles Schlatter in Lafayette, CA – May 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramesh Veeragandham, MD?
I was very pleased with my experience with Dr. Veeragandham. This was the best team of medical staff I have been around in a long time. I would love to have them around if I ever get sick again. Doctor Veeragandham was busy but still took the time to make me feel like I was the only patient there. He is a superb surgeon and a true gentleman who takes the time to explain your options thoroughly and follow up with your progress.
Alex Baktyar in Walnut Creek, CA – May 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramesh Veeragandham, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Veeragandham?

East Bay Cardiovascular & Thoracic Associates

East Bay Cardiovascular & Thoracic Associates1320 El Capitan Dr Ste 120 Danville, CA 94526

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Veeragandham treats patients.

John Muir Medical Center - Concord

Concord, CA

76% Patient experience rating, 7% higher than the national average

• Patient Safety Excellence Award™ (2020)

John Muir Medical Center - Walnut Creek

Walnut Creek, CA

75% Patient experience rating, 6% higher than the national average

• America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ (2019, 2018)
  • America's 50 Best Hospitals Award™ (2019, 2018)

San Ramon Regional Medical Center