Dr. Ramesh Veeragandham, MD

Dr. Ramesh Veeragandham, MD

Cardiothoracic Surgery  |
Telehealth services available
Dr. Ramesh Veeragandham, MD is a cardiothoracic surgery specialist in Danville, CA and has been practicing for 25 years. He specializes in cardiothoracic surgery and vascular surgery.

1320 El Capitan Dr Ste 120

Danville, CA 94526

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • Blue Shield of California
  • CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Health Net
  • Kaiser Permanente

No malpractice claims found for California

Dr. Veeragandham accepts

Dr. Veeragandham accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of California

Aortic Valve Disease

Dr. Veeragandham treats Aortic Valve Disease more than 85% of his peers

Dr. Veeragandham treats this condition more than 85% of his peers

Rheumatic Aortic Valve Disorders

Dr. Veeragandham treats Rheumatic Aortic Valve Disorders more than 83% of his peers

Dr. Veeragandham treats this condition more than 83% of his peers

Dr. Veeragandham's conditions and procedures:

• Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA)
  • Acute Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Acute Venous Embolism Thrombosis
  • Congenital Heart Defects
  • Congenital Heart Disease
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Coronary Artery Aneurysm
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Dissecting Aneurysm
  • Embolism
  • Endocarditis
  • Esophageal Cancer
  • False Aneurysm
  • Femoral Aneurysm
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Tumors, Benign
  • Iliac Aneurysm
  • Impella Device
  • Lung Cancer
  • Lymphedema
  • Median Arcuate Ligament Syndrome (MALS)
  • Mediastinal Tumors, Not Specified as Malignant
  • Mitral Valve Disease
  • Mitral Valve Regurgitation
  • Mitral Valve Stenosis
  • Patent Foramen Ovale (PFO)
  • Pericardial Disease
  • Peripheral Arterial Aneurysm
  • Peripheral Arterial Aneurysm and Dissection
  • Peripheral Arterial Disease of Extremities
  • Peripheral Arterial Dissection
  • Peripheral Arterial Embolism and Thrombosis
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Phlebitis and Thrombophlebitis
  • Spider Veins
  • Suprarenal Aneurysm
  • Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
  • Thoracoabdominal Aortic Aneurysm
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Varicose Veins
  • Venous Compression
  • Venous Embolism and Thrombosis
  • Venous Insufficiency
  • Ventricular Fibrillation
  • Visceral Aneurysm

"Treat patient as you treat a family member"

• Cardiothoracic Surgery

University Ca San Diego Med Center
1991
University Of Chicago Hospitals
1989
Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research (PGIMER)

• Hindi
  • Telugu

Does Dr. Ramesh Veeragandham, MD offer telehealth services?

Dr. Veeragandham has indicated that they offer telehealth. Contact the office to check for eligibility for your needs.

Is Dr. Ramesh Veeragandham, MD accepting new patients?

Dr. Ramesh Veeragandham, MD generally accepts new patients on Healthgrades. You can see Dr. Veeragandham's profile to make an appointment.

Does Dr. Ramesh Veeragandham, MD accept my insurance?

Use the Healthgrades insurance check to verify if Dr. Veeragandham accepts your insurance.

What are Dr. Ramesh Veeragandham, MD's top areas of care?

Dr. Veeragandham frequently treats Aortic Dissection, Aortic Valve Disease, and Rheumatic Aortic Valve Disorders. See all procedures and conditions Dr. Veeragandham treats.

Where is Dr. Ramesh Veeragandham, MD's office located?

Dr. Veeragandham's office is located at 1320 El Capitan Dr Ste 120, Danville, CA 94526. Find other locations and directions on Healthgrades.

What languages does Dr. Ramesh Veeragandham, MD speak?

Dr. Veeragandham speaks Telugu, Hindi, and English. View profile to see all.

How can I make an appointment with Dr. Ramesh Veeragandham, MD?

Dr. Veeragandham's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Veeragandham

Dr. Veeragandham

Rock star
Dr. Veeragandam is bar none the best doctor I've ever had. He is not only the creme de la creme top notch surgeon but a beautiful, kind, funny person who truly cares about his patients welfare. On my first visit, he reached over and gently plucked a dog hair off my pants and said with a genuine smile, " you have a dog!" He listened to me and answered all my questions. Dr. V did stenting surgery in my Illiac veins which was quite hard due to a then chronic clot. It was touch and go apparently because it was so hard to pass through. He did it and my stents are still widely patent. I got back to my life doing everything I use to do and then some.. mtn biked in Tanzania for my 55th bday. he said no limitations.. Now I'm experiencing some heart irregularities and going through some diagnostics like a Holter and an echocardiogram. I'm with Kaiser now so I'm worried.. I'll do whatever I can to see Dr V if I need some intervention. He is truly the only one I trust.
Susannah M – Feb 05, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramesh Veeragandham, MD?
Dr. Veeragandham performed my terrifically successful triple bypass surgery and it was nothing short of miraculous. Starting with his warm and calming demeanor at our initial consultation he quickly gained my and my wife's trust and admiration. His magnificent bedside manner, coupled with his extensive knowledge and skill extended to every member of his hospital and office staff. If you think you are unlucky for having heart issues, you can turn your luck around if you have Dr. Veeragandham on your team.
Benjamin Spater – Jan 06, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramesh Veeragandham, MD?
I found Dr. Veeragandham to be an excellent surgeon and physician. He is very sincere and focused on the well-being of his patients. Informative and positive in his manner – he was a great doctor. In my case – he ended up performing an 8 hour surgery – 3 hours longer than expected – in order to correct additional medical issues he identified during surgery. I would definitely recommend Dr. Veeragandham to anyone with serious cardiovascular medical problems.
John Hatfield – Aug 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramesh Veeragandham, MD?
Dr Veeragandham, is very informative and knowledgeable about the Cardiac event my body was experiencing. Although, we originally wanted to perform a TAVR procedure to replace my Aortic Valve, we ended up with open heart surgery. This is because the aorta turned out to be damaged and needed repair/replacement. The doctor is very good at what he does. I highly recommend him for any heart valve condition requiring surgery.
Bill Schramer – Jun 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramesh Veeragandham, MD?
Dr. Veeragandham gives top notch care. I had 5 bypasses, and a couple weeks later I was walking an hour per day. So far, I have had no complications and progress has been steady. His entire team and John Muir Cardiac is exceptional. All nurses, technicians, and medical professionals were outstanding. ICU nurse, Susan, was terrific and crucial to post-op recovery. They also took care of all insurance issues. I highly recommend Dr. Veeragandham and his team at John Muir.
Tim – Apr 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramesh Veeragandham, MD?
Dr. Veeragandham replaced my leaky aortic valve and my thin and enlarged ascending aorta on a Monday. The procedure went smoothly with no complications. I was walking on Tuesday and went home on Friday of that week. My recovery was quick and I began some gentle swimming at 5 weeks post surgery. I will begin supervised cardiac rehab beginning on week 7. I was at increased risk of stroke going into surgery because I had a pituitary tumor in addition to a leaky aortic valve. Dr. Veeragandham took the lead in getting 2 groups of specialists from an outside institutions to agree on a timely treatment plan. Not all of the tumor could be safely removed. But after the tumor reduced, Dr. Veeragandham was able to operate safely. I am very happy with the outcome and very grateful to Dr. Veeragandham.
  • Long wait times
Harry in Lafayette – Dec 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramesh Veeragandham, MD?
Had aortic valve replacement surgery by Dr. Ramesh Veeragandham. He is a skilled surgeon, as well as person. I am glad he was my surgeon, as every doctor I talked to about Dr. V all said he is the one of the best surgeons around. He has a great, gentle personality and was absolutely wonderful to talk to and be in contact with. I wouldn't let anyone else do my surgery.
Dec 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramesh Veeragandham, MD?
Dr. Veeragandham replaced my aortic valve and part of my ascending aorta. I am incredibly grateful for my new lease on life. Even from my first day after surgery, I could feel the difference in the unstrained beating of my heart. I am now 17 days post surgery and well on my way to recovery. The superb coordination of doctors, nurses and hospital made my 5 day stay much easier than I had imagined possible. This doctor and his team are simply great.
hml48 – Nov 02, 2019
Heart bypass
Aug 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramesh Veeragandham, MD?
In his engaging manner, Dr. Veeragandham ordered a number of tests and was extremely thorough before deciding on a plan which included a contingency plan to repair the mitral valve. Personable, responsive and admired by the hospital and skilled nursing facility staff and other doctors. He explained all options, precautions and made sure medications were up to date prior to, during and after surgery. The number of pills involved were mind boggling to someone who was not used to so many medications! We are blessed to have such a doctor in our community.
J Thibault – Aug 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramesh Veeragandham, MD?
I have just been released from Dr. Veeragandhams care after having an Aortic Valve replacement . From our first meeting Dr Veeragandham was caring, informative,patient with all of our questions and so reassuring that everything would go well .He explained very clearly what would happen from the beginning to the healing stages and it has been exactly as he explained . We were all very confident about him being my surgeon!! The recovery has been much easier and less painful than I expected . Dr Veeragandham was very attentive to my family throughout this process !! The staff at the office have been great ! Always pleasant and helpful having questions answered promptly . I am very close to getting back to my regular exercise schedule 8 weeks after surgery ! Couldn’t be happier !! I am so very grateful I was referred to Dr. Veeragandham !
May 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramesh Veeragandham, MD?
In my opinion this the best Surgeon I have ever met. Dr V saved my life. I had 5 bypass CABG. My recovery was exactly as Dr V described it. He was very personable, concerned and on top of the situation even on his days off. Thank you Dr. Veeragandham.
Apr 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramesh Veeragandham, MD?
As far as I am concerned Dr. Veeragandham is the best. From my first appointment through surgery (repair mitral valve) to post op appointment he was with me all the way. He prepared me for my surgery by explaining in detail what I should expect through the entire process. In addition to being an outstanding surgeon, he is caring & compassionate w/ a sense of humor. I highly recommend him.
Michael Howard in Walnut Creek, CA – Aug 23, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramesh Veeragandham, MD?
My 80 year old mother was diagnosed with congestive heart failure, her cardiologist worked for over a month to fix her with meds. After they did a Cardiac Cath of her heart it showed she urgently needed valve replacement & repair. Within a week of diagnosis Dr. Veeragandham had her on the book for surgery. He explained everything to us and communicated with Mom's other doctors to ensure everything went smoothly before, during & after surgery. Dr. V and his staff are wonderful! Thank you Dr. V.
Shawn in Clayton – Aug 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramesh Veeragandham, MD?
I am a physician myself and I will say he is the best Cardiothoracic surgeon that I have met. He did an open heart surgery for my mom and I was very confident that my mom will be ok. He is very responsive to questions and concerns and has been in constant communication with me throughout.
Alfort Santos, M.D. – Jul 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramesh Veeragandham, MD?
I've met Dr. V once prior to my vascular surgery & I can actually say meeting him was like I've known him for years. He was extremely friendly & trustworthy in his explanation of the impending surgery. He quickly recognized my health issues & proceeded accordingly. He is a marvelous person & surgeon. His entire staff is wonderful & courteous, beginning with the receptionist to his medical assistants. Thank you Dr. Veeragandham for hopefully extending my life. My family also thanks you.
Fred Martin in Pleasanton – Jun 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramesh Veeragandham, MD?
Dr. Veeragandham is not only an exceptional surgeon, he is compassionate, professional and takes the time to address your concerns. Because of my list of preexisting ailments, above and beyond my unusual heart condition, I was a challenging and unusual patient. He willing worked with my rheumatologist, pain management specialist, and cardiologist to sort out the overlapping considerations before bypass surgery. I received exceptional care, daily visits during recovery and a great outcome!
James Mills in Walnut Creek, CA – Jun 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramesh Veeragandham, MD?
After insur denied a stent procedure, we turned to Dr Veeragandham for open bypass surgery for my father. You can’t imagine the giant weight lifted off our shoulders after hearing that the procedure was promptly authorized. We felt even greater elation when the nurse contacted us from the OR and Dr V also personally explained that the surgery had gone well. We are so grateful. This surgeon is very skilled, and excellent bedside manner. Office staff are A+. Thanks for restoring health to Dad!
Ambrocio Family in CA – Jun 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramesh Veeragandham, MD?
Dr Veeragandham was recommended to us by Dr Haque after a procedure did not go the way we had hoped & Bypass surgery was required. We had no knowledge of him or his reputation, however having him do my husbands Bypass and Valve repair was like a gift from above. Kind, patient, detail oriented, personal, professional and skilled beyond belief. When the people who work for you want to give their very best you know you are getting the best. Everyone speaks very highly of him and it is deserved
The LoDucas in Brentwood, CA – May 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramesh Veeragandham, MD?
Dr. Veeragandham is an outstanding surgeon. He conducted a long open heart surgery for my mother, replacing the mitral and aortic valve. Words cannot describe how amazing this surgeon is. He pays attention to every detail is by far the best heart surgeon in this area. In addition, he is caring, passionate and an extremely hard worker. As everyone at John Muir shared with me "He is the doctor that everyone wish their loved one had" . Impressed by his knowledge, skills and professionalism.
Mote Bajrami in CA – May 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramesh Veeragandham, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Veeragandham?