Dr. Ramesh Gidumal, MD

Dr. Ramesh Gidumal, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Ramesh Gidumal, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in New York, NY. He is 61 years old and has been practicing for 37 years.

333 E 38th St Fl 4

New York, NY 10016

• Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
  • Oxford Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Gidumal

See how frequently Dr. Gidumal performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Rotator Cuff Tear
Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Knee Pain
Knee Disorders

Dr. Gidumal's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Gidumal "I believe you should only have surgery if the other options have been tried and are unsuccessful."

Accredited by: American Board of Medical Specialties*

• Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Injuries
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Limb Cramp
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Morton's Neuroma
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Traumatic Rupture of Achilles Tendon

• Nyu-Bell
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1985
  • Hughston Sports Med Hosp
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Gidumal has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Gidumal has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Gidumal does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gidumal and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Gidumal's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gidumal to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Gidumal's Performance
Brooklyn, NY |
Amazing service, quality of care and attention to detail. Thank you!
in Brooklyn, NY |
Professionally the best ortho surgeon without the typical surgeon 'walk on water' attitude. He has an excellent bedside manner. I had a fall that required complicated surgery. He came to me in pre op, explained what my injuries were and what the expected outcome would be. He was confident and reassuring. He set my expectations for my recovery and went way beyond my expectations with the follow up care and treatment all coordinated and implemented by Susan his senior assistant. Look no further!
in New York, NY |
fantastic doctor. He operated on my shoulder several years ago and it has been totally stable ever since despite vigorous and high contact sports. Also, a very nice person. I highly recommend him.
in New York, NY |
I had my ACL/meniscus repair done by Dr. Gidumal. Great outcome and overall a very positive experience! Both outpatient and surgery appointments were scheduled quickly. Dr. Gidumal explained my options and recovery plan succinctly and clearly, answered all of my questions. I would strongly recommend him (and his team) without any hesitation.
Brooklyn, NY |
One of the best doctors I've ever had. Very professional and excellent outcome.
in Holtsville, NY |
Dr. Ramesh Gidumal is absolutely the best . Very rarely can you meet such a thoughtful and wonderful surgeon . He spent so much time explaining all aspects of my problem and he was successful in avoiding joint replacement
in Brooklyn, NY |
Dr. Gidumal is a limb-saver. I saw him after displacing my radial head and fracturing my ulna. He repaired my elbow two days later and all has healed perfectly! His staff at NYU Langone is courteous, professional and efficient.
in Lakewood NJ |
Dr Gidumal was very forthcoming. Made me feel at ease. From the first appointment to the follow up calls. From surgery to the Sunday afternoon phone call to see how I was doing. A class act. Would recommend to anyone.
New York, NY |
Went for pain on my knee. Was seen by a nurse, NOT the doctor, who asked all the questions, tested movements and sent me for X-rays. When I returned, the doctor came VERY briefly and handed a sheet of paper with exercises. The bill came with the name of the nurse, not the doctor.
Brooklyn, NY |
My experience in the care of Dr. Gidumal and his staff at NYU's Hospital for Joint Diseases was excellent. Dr. Gidumal came very highly recommended when I suffered a badly broken shoulder and searched for an orthopedic surgeon who has expertise on reconstructing shoulder joints. I was extremely relieved to find an excellent surgeon and staff who are very efficient in providing service, and attentive to the rehabilitation of my shoulder.
in New York, NY |
After going to see a few doctors in regard to my knee injury, after meeting with him I was comfortable to go ahead and plan the procedure to fix my knee and I could not be happier. Its been over a year since the surgery and I am pain free. He is very straight forward and friendly and is an excellent doctor and I highly recommend him. Overall great experience.
Excellent all arround
in Brooklyn, NY |
Dr. Gidumal came highly recommended by my primary care doctor after after a tumble and an extremely painful shoulder. I was fit into his schedule quickly. Turns out I broke my shoulder socket, tore my rotator cuff amongst other things. He guided me through recovery without surgery. I found him to be kind and caring. He took time to explain things to me. His staff was efficient. I would not hesitate to recommend him to friends and family.
in Laurinburg, NC |
This guy is great!! PERIOD! Not fast to operate, tries alternatives first. Soft mild mannered, does not panic like so many! Knows his business and stays in the loop to keep up on the latest fixes! Was great for me and my daughter and she loves him as well. No surgery for her!! Call and he will get you in last minute. Just a really great guy who knows hin business. I would HIGHLY recommend for all.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Gidumal is the best of the doctors in New York. I required an orthopedic surgeon on short notice, and after calling his office, I had an appointment within hours. I am absolutely amazed by the efficiency of his office. After check in, I rarely had to wait longer than 10 minutes - even when I arrived early. Dr. Gidumal answered all of my questions directly and clearly in a way I could easily understand. In fact, he was the only surgeon who visited my family in the waiting room after surgery.
in Maspeth, NY |
I realize now how lucky I am that over 15 yrs ago I first met Dr Gidumal due to a bad rotator cuff which he fixed with no surgery. Little did I knew that in 2016 I was going to see him again to repair my broken ankle that required him 2 plates and 15 screws to fix. 90 days after surgery, he discharged me with the bones fully healed & ready to start PT. Dr Gidumal is compassionate, kept me well informed of my options and risks & always went out of his way to answer my questions. Thanks Dr. G!!
in Staten Island, NY |
Dr. Gidumal is the kindest, most caring and compassionate doctor that I have ever met. He answered all my questions (and I had many) and returned my phone calls promptly. Never did I feel rushed when I was speaking to him. My shoulder surgery went very well and I certainly would not hesitate in recommending him to others.
in Staten Island, NY |
Can't say enough about him. Very professional, thorough, friendly and an EXCELLENT surgeon!!! I went to Dr. Gidumal for a meniscus tear. He explained all my options in detail and made my decision to get surgery a no brainer. Everything went exactly as he explained it to me. Dr. Gidumal is easily available via telephone or e-mail and is surrounded with an excellent team. I am now 3 months post- op, pain free & full range of motion &able to chase my little guy around the house.
in Northern New Jersey |
Doctor Gidumal interceded to review my shoulder tear concerns when my original NYU surgeon was away. He was professional, caring and answered my concerns promptly. He made himself available to answer follow up questions via email. He escorted me to his administrative assistants to help complete follow up medical procedures, and came over later to check up on my status. His efficient staff arranged for an MRI that very day! I highly recommend Doctor Gidumal for shoulder repairs.
in New York, NY |
I went to Dr. Gidumal for a fractured elbow. He was very professional and friendly. I was nervous about my injury, but he gave me the assurance that it would be fine and really made me feel confidant and relaxed. The staff was excellent also; they were extremely courteous. I feel very fortunate that I was recommended to Dr. Gidumal.
in New York, NY |
Doctor Gidumal treated me for a broken olecranon. My treatment involved surgical correction. Quite honestly, there isn't a single negative thing I can say about my experience. He is incredibly professional, was quite adept at explaining my injury and the course of treatment in a way I could understand, and his staff was always accessible and a pleasure to deal with. Most importantly, my surgery was a textbook success in every way.
in New York, NY |
I can't say enough good things about Dr. Gidumal. He is a careful listener. He has a wonderful staff - including his medical assistant and his secretary. They are approachable and helpful. He even gave me his personal cell number so I could contact him directly if I needed to while the office was closed. I was truly impressed by Dr. Gidumal and his staff - it's kind of an old-fashioned practice in that they treat you like they would a family member.
in Brooklyn, NY |
Great Doctor , great facility , very quick and efficient , would highly recommend him to any friend or family member
in Long Valley, NJ |
Caring, excellent bedside manner, phenomenal surgeon
in Brooklyn, NY |
I found Dr Gidumal to be Very professional, very thorough, very friendly; an excellent surgeon as well as follow-up after surgery! The related physical therapy needed was carried out with care. I would highly recommend Dr Gidumal to both family and friends.
in Montclair, NJ |
I went to Dr Gidumal for a second opinion for a torn rotator cuff injury. His bedside manner and reputation were so good I selected him as my surgeon. His work is amazing! Now, 6 months post-op, I have full range of motion, zero pain, and can even sleep on my left side. I can't recommend him highly enough.
in New York, NY |
Dr Gidumal diagnosed and operated on my shoulder (completely torn rotator cuff). He explained the procedure, providing a series of specific recovery times that all proved precise. I could not be more pleased with the results of my surgery.
in Hoboken, NJ |
Very pleasant and matter fact. Good sense of humor. Tries to make process as easy as possible. And believes in avoiding surgery, if possible. Highly recommended.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Gidumal was tremendous. He and his staff made the process easy and as close to painless as possible. 5 months after my shoulder surgery with him, I feel nearly as good as new. Very happy with my experience.
in New York, NY |
On two different occasions my wife had a broken wrist which Dr. Gidumal treated. Both times the injuries healed quickly and completely. After Dr. Gidumal performed surgery on a level 3 shoulder separation I had incurred, the shoulder was restored to virtually 100% with no issues now seven years later. Dr. Gidumal is extremely knowledgeable and professional. My wife and I would recommend him highly to family and friends.
in New York, NY |
He was clear, excellent, and my recovery has been complete.
Have you seen Dr. Ramesh Gidumal, MD?
Are you Dr. Gidumal?

See our Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at NewYork-Presbyterian/Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital

Visit Dr. Gidumal