Dr. Ram Vasudevan, MD

Dr. Ram Vasudevan, MD

Neurosurgery  ·
Dr. Ram Vasudevan, MD is a neurosurgery specialist in West Lake Hills, TX and has been practicing for 15 years. He graduated from Temple University in 2004 and specializes in neurosurgery and minimally invasive neurological spine surgery.

5300 Bee Caves Rd # 220

West Lake Hills, TX 78746

• Premera Blue Cross

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Vasudevan's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Progressive Spinal Muscular Atrophy
  • Progressive Spinobulbar Muscular Atrophy
  • Spinal Cord Tumor
  • Spinal Dysostosis, Anhalt Type
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy, Ryukyuan Type

• Epilepsy
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Image-Guided Spine Surgery
  • Kyphosis Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lower Spine Surgery

4.761904761904762%

Dr. Vasudevan?
Dr. Vasudevan's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Ram Vasudevan, MD
Dr. Vasudevan is the best! My husband was having serve back pain and could barely walk a year ago. Dr. V expedited his surgery of a double fusion of the L-4 & L-5 disks in May 2018 because we were going on vacation in June. The surgery was successful and my husband is back to doing the things he loves which includes golfing. Dr. V has a great bedside manner and won't rush you into any surgery that is not needed. I highly recommend Dr. V and have referred him to another friend whose husband is having back problems.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ram Vasudevan, MD?
Excellent Doctor! Office staff is very friendly and the surgeon is very skilled. Lower back surgery went great and I am feeling so much better with no pain!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ram Vasudevan, MD?
Dr. Ram Vasudevan is one of the BEST doctors I have ever met! He truly cares about his patients. I had a C5-C7 ACDF (fusion) done back in 2008 and have had trouble with my neck since at least 2013. The Ortho that did my surgery kept writing me off because the MRI showed the fusion to be okay. Dr Ram believed me when I told him something was wrong and sent me for a CT scan. Well boy howdy C5-6 has NOT fused but C6-7 has. Thank you Dr. Ram!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ram Vasudevan, MD?
Dr V. is a true helper. He came into to the office when it was closed just to see my wife. He took the time to get all the facts and review with her. He explained the treatment plan before, during, and following surgery. Nothing was rushed. Following the surgery he spoke with me and explained clearly what was done. Thank you Dr. V.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ram Vasudevan, MD?
Dr. Vasudevan is wonderful! I am three months out from having my C5 - C7 fused, and I feel great. I was in so much pain before my surgery, and I woke up feeling better. The numbness in my fingers was gone. Dr. Vasudevan cares about his patients and spends the time to go over all the information you need.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ram Vasudevan, MD?
Dr. Vasudevan is a master healer in my book and I would strongly recommend him to anyone with spine injuries or pain. I suffered from multiple disc herniation due to a collision with a semi truck in early 2018; and had been in pain for nearly 9 months leading up to the surgery. The pain would not go away even after months of physical therapy and chiropractor visits. I was hesitant to get the surgery at first as anyone would be, but after meeting Dr. V I gained confidence because he clearly dem
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ram Vasudevan, MD?
Dr. V (as he is called) performed a minimally invasive non-laser lumbar discectomy for my pinched nerve - 6 months later- my pain has completely disappeared with the best neurological care that I have seen compared to my prior 2 surgeries. I highly recommend his solutions which he decides with utmost confidence that I liked. His staff is very friendly and arranged the best pre-op, during op, and post op care - I literally faced 0 issues in the logistics. Thank you, Dr. V.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ram Vasudevan, MD?
Dr. V performed acdf’s on both my husband and I after we were in a horrible car accident 7 months ago. His knowledge, compassion, and expertise is just unrivaled. He has exceeded all of my expectations through this whole process! Dr. V has been there for me to answer any questions not only prior to surgery but during recovery as well. Thank you so much Dr. V for all you’ve done and continue to do for my husband and I.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ram Vasudevan, MD?
Dr. Vasudevan is an excellent doctor and I would recommend him to anyone who is considering back surgery. He was through in his diagnoses and explained exactly what needed to be done to correct my problem. I went into the surgery with great confidence and when I came out of recovery and the pain was gone I knew I had chosen the right doctor to handle the job. Great doctor and staff. Highly recommend!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ram Vasudevan, MD?
Dr. V and his staff are beyond a five: kind, caring, and unbelievably compassionate. I traveled from Alaska to Austin for this surgery. I needed an ACDF FOR C5, C6 and C7. Going into surgery, I had pain out the left arm, two numb fingers on the left hand, and radiating pain down half of the right arm. I also had a constant pain down the middle of my chest. This was for 10 years. After the surgery, it was gone and has been; 7 days off pain meds. 1 month back to light duty as a Police Officer.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ram Vasudevan, MD?
Dr. V did an exceptional job with my decompression surgery. As soon as I woke up, the pain that I had been experiencing was gone. He was very thorough in explaining what was wrong, how he was planning on correcting it, and what he did post surgery. I have already reccomended him to 2 family members and will continue to do so.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ram Vasudevan, MD?
My surgery was done 10 days ago and today I feel like a new person. No more aches and pain. Dr. V. and his team were extremely profesionnal, took the time to explain the surgery and the risks. The appoinment was scheduled very quickly. If I had any questions, they were there to respond. Easy access to the personel. Thank you.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ram Vasudevan, MD?
I suffered with chronic pain due to degenerative disc disease, spinal stenosis and a synovial cyst. After PT and injections didn't work I was referred to Dr. V. My first visit he recommended fusions which I declined. He was very understanding and suggested lumbar decompression and cyst removal. Said it would be 2-3 wks., I cried, said I can't wait that long. He was sympathetic and 4 days later I had my surgery! I am 80% better 1 month in, and my co-worker's tell me I look great! Thanks Dr. V!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ram Vasudevan, MD?
We are so grateful to Dr. Vasudevan for taking the time to explain the entire procedure to us in a manner that alleviated all of our concerns or anxieties with this type of surgery. You don’t find many Doctors that will take the time to do this. We would recommend him with an unlimited amount of stars.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ram Vasudevan, MD?
Dr. V operated on my back in Feb 2018, I was injured while serving on active duty and had been in constant chronic back pain from damage done to the L4, L5, and S1 vertebrae. Dr. V's bedside manner was incredible, he took the time to discuss the fusion and surgical procedure with my wife and I explaining the steps to repair the damage. My L4, L5, and S1 were fused with zero complications. I now have zero residual pain and zero right leg numbness. Thank you Dr. V!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ram Vasudevan, MD?
So thankful that I found Dr. Vasudevan! From start to finish, my experience at Austin Neurospine has always been wonderful. My neck issues are a bit perplexing, and Dr. V has never given up on me. He has persisted in getting me the correct diagnosis, and I am finally on the path to healing. The ladies that work up front set the bar high! I continue to be impressed by their kindness and willingness to help. Thanks for everything!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ram Vasudevan, MD?
Been in pain for many years and he explained the process very thoroughly and gave me proper expectations. The process was thorough and complete ,and pain from my neck and middle back have all but gone away. Proper follow-up was amazing thank you so much for your steady hand.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ram Vasudevan, MD?
I had a badly herniated L-5/S-1 that gave me horrible sciatica in my left leg.. I tried PT, and injections which didn't work and, my treating physician recommended Dr. Vasudevan to perform a microdiscectomy.. I got other opinions, being a little leery of doctors passing clients back and forth. After a ton of research, I found he was very highly thought of in this community and he was a really nice guy. The surgery went great and I feel wonderful 6 weeks after. Even cooked dinner on day 2!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ram Vasudevan, MD?
The experience I had with Dr. V and his staff was above and beyond what I ever expected or ever had. I was able to get a hold of the doctor whenever I needed they were very upfront on what I should expect after surgery. I would refer Dr. V to all my friends and family. Thanks Dr. V for being the professional that' is expected but not often received.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ram Vasudevan, MD?
After consulting with Dr V for a “second opinion” a few days prior to having surgery on my herniated C5/6 disc I left his office with a new surgery date and new surgeon. As others have said, Dr. V took the time to walk me through everything in a way that just made sense. His office and staff guided me through the entire process, I loved the hospital he chose to do the procedure at & follow-up consultation has been second to none. Oh, and by the way the surgery was a complete success!
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Vasudevan?

Insurance accepted