Dr. Ralph Parker, MD

General Surgery ·  Male · Age 55

Dr. Parker

Ralph R. Parker, M.D.

4370 Medical Arts Dr Ste 200 Flower Mound, TX 75028

Dr. Ralph Parker, MD is a general surgery specialist in Flower Mound, TX and has been practicing for 24 years. He graduated from University Of Texas Southwestern Medical Center At Dallas in 1990 and specializes in general surgery.

Dr. Parker accepts

Dr. Parker accepts the following insurance:

Blue HMO
Health Net
PacifiCare

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Parker's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Parker's Top Procedures and Conditions

Inguinal Hernia

Dr. Parker treats Inguinal Hernia more than 99% of his peers

Dr. Parker treats this condition more than 99% of his peers

Cholecystitis and Gallstones

Dr. Parker treats Cholecystitis and Gallstones more than 99% of his peers

Dr. Parker treats this condition more than 99% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Acute Cholecystitis

• Complete Nephrectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Cyst Incision and Drainage
  • da Vinci® Gallbladder Removal
  • da Vinci® Robotic Surgery
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Esophageal Cancer
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Open
  • Intestinal Abscess
  • Intestinal Diseases
  • Intestinal Obstruction
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Kidney Surgery
  • Umbilical Hernia
  • Umbilical or Ventral Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Ventral Hernia
  • Wound Repair

Our primary goal is to provide our patients with prompt, courteous and professional care. We strive to make sure we spend enough time with every patient to be certain they understand their condition and their options.

• General Surgery

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Parker

Dr. Parker?
Dr. Parker's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Ralph Parker, MD
I took over 2 months to search for the surgeon to do my bilateral hernia operation. After reading good reviews on all site I decided on Dr. Parker. He is better than advertised. He explained the procedure to me in great detail during the office visit (including all the risks). He was early to the prep room on the day of the surgery and again went through the procedure with my wife. He also visited with her when it was done to tell her everything went as planned. You can tell he takes great interest and care in the outcome of his patients. I would say the most telling thing that I made the right choice was when I was registering at the hospital and was asked who my surgeon was. When I replied Dr Parker, she smiled and said that would be her choice too
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ralph Parker, MD?
Dr Parker repaired an umbilical hernia with no post op complications. He also operates in a small but well managed suburban hospital within a large highly respected network which I liked.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ralph Parker, MD?
It is a pleasure seeing a doctor that listens to you rather than staring at computer screen when you are talking to him. He asks good questions and seems very knowledgeable. He constructed a step by step plan for treatment that was easy to understand.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ralph Parker, MD?
Prompt, courteous, informative, and a great surgeon. You need to go no further to put yourself in good hands w Dr Ralph Parker. Even the nurses at the hospital were enamored at what a great man and doctor he is.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ralph Parker, MD?
Went to see Dr. Parker for an urgent hernia repair and could not have been more pleased. He spent quality time with me to explain the procedure and answered my many questions and calmed my concerns. The surgery went well and he actually found a second hernia and repaired it during the procedure so it turned out to be a "two for one" process. I can highly recommend Dr. Parker and his staff and will definitely be back if I have future needs for his skills!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ralph Parker, MD?
Dr. Parker is an exceptional surgeon. During my pre-surgical visit he thoroughly explained my umbilical hernia issues in a very straightforward and friendly manner. He performed the surgery 4 days later. Post op pain was minimal. My recovery has been much faster than expected with no complications. I would refer prospective patients to Dr. Parker without hesitation.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ralph Parker, MD?
I had a excellent experience in my surgery with Dr. Parker. I had a gall bladder surgery/removal. Everything went smooth and I feel great afterwards. Would recommend Dr. Parker to family and friends
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ralph Parker, MD?
I was extremely pleased with my experience with Dr. Parker. He spent about 30 mins in my initial appointment explaining the procedure to me in terms that I could understand. Out of the other Drs that I talked to, I am so glad that I chose Dr. Parker to perform my surgery!!!! From start to finish, it was a very pleasant experience, considering it was surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ralph Parker, MD?
Dr. Parker is a great doctor and an excellent surgeon. He repaired my hernia a couple years ago. Everything went extremely well, from the initial office visit, to the surgery, to the follow-up. A few weeks ago I had another surgery to remove a lipoma from the back of my neck. Once again Dr. Parker did an excellent job throughout; from explaining the procedure in detail, to the actual surgery, and the follow-up. If you need a surgical procedure, I strongly recommend a consult with Dr. Parker.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ralph Parker, MD?
Well, 3 years later and still fighting an issue that Dr. Parker could have easily kept from happening. Was he hurrying to fast to get to the next surgery? Was he just not paying attention? Whatever the reason, my hernia re-surfaced, within several weeks, causing the need for further surgeries, more scar tissue, additional mesh, etc. In following up at the post-surgery appt, he told me there was nothing to worry about and flatly denied any wrong doing when the issue was proven by a follow-up MRI
I am sorry if you are having issues, but...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ralph Parker, MD?
My husband had a laprascopic inguinal hernia surgery (using the Robot) in January 2017 by Dr. Parker. This doc started all of my husband's pain issues. My husband has never been the same since that surgery! He can't even return to work! He can't sit for more than 5 minutes without using an ice pack for the pain!My husband required another surgery to address the hernia pain he was in after the surgery. DON'T GO TO DR. PARKER!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ralph Parker, MD?
I had an umbilical hernia that I wanted repaired and my PCP recommended Dr. Parker. Booking the appointment was quick, and during the examination, he took his time to explain in detail how he was going to accomplish the repair, as well as the recovery process. Surgery was scheduled within two days and everything went as planned. I am very pleased that he performed the procedure, he was simply outstanding!
Thank you for the kind feedback. I am glad you...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ralph Parker, MD?
Dr. Parker was able to accommodate my request for quick consultation appointment. He was very calm and thorough while explaining my pending gall bladder removal surgery, even presenting a colored diagram which was very beneficial to me. He was reassuring before the surgery (it was my first) and the proceedure went great. I would recommend Dr. Parker to friends and family members.
I truly appreciate the nice review. Thank You!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ralph Parker, MD?
Dr. Parker is Amazing, Amazing, Amazing!!!
Thank you very much!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ralph Parker, MD?
Dr Parker is very thorough in explaining about surgery. Had gallbladder removal. After several hours at home, I woke up, felt cramp or something pinching in my left leg and couldn’t move it. I called his office on Friday but closed but he was able to talk and explained about my symptoms. He gave me reassurance advice.Told my family and friends to choose him as the surgeon because not only he is smart but he shows a true compassionate/care with his patients. Thanks again Dr Parke
Glad I could help and I'm happy you are feeling...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ralph Parker, MD?
Dr. Parker is an excellent surgeon. He took as much time as I needed pre-op to fully explain my procedure and the reason for it, as well as post-op to check on how I am doing and ask about possible after effects. His nurse, Candice, is also wonderful to work with.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ralph Parker, MD?
Dr Parker did an excellent job in performing my gall bladder surgery. Since I am a cancer survivor I asked more questions than the average patient and Dr Parker was very thorough in his answers. I was off 2 days from work and returned to my regular routine with work and physical exercise in a short time period. I was surprised to see that the small incisions left very little scarring. Would recommend Dr Parker to family and friends.
Thank you very kindly for the remarks!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ralph Parker, MD?
I entered the hospital through the ER and Dr. Parker was the surgeon on call. I am so thankful he was. He was very kind and considerate of how I felt. He was very thorough in his explanation of the need for surgery and the surgery itself. His follow up was again thorough and informative. I would definitely contact him if I or a family member or friend was facing surgery.
That's great! I'm glad everything worked out for...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ralph Parker, MD?
Very satisfied with all phases of care. Highly recommend Doctor Parker and his team.
Thank you for the nice feedback!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ralph Parker, MD?
Everything was excellent !!!!!!
Thank you!
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Parker?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Parker treats patients.