Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism  |
Dr. Ralph Goodman, MD
Dr. Goodman received his medical degree from the University of Tennessee School of Medicine in Memphis, Tennessee. He completed his residency training at City of Memphis Hospitals in Memphis, Tennessee, and went on to complete his fellowship with the University of Tennessee Center for Health Sciences. Dr. Goodman has additional training in thyroid ultrasound, bone densitometry, and clinical hypertension. Medical InterestsDr. Goodman has special interests in managing diabetes, and helping his patients maintain a healthy lifestyle through diet and exercise. He specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of hormonal disorders such as thyroid disease, lipid disorders, hypertension, high cholesterol, and osteoporosis. Dr. Goodman enjoys many outdoor activities such as hiking and travelling. In his spare time, Dr. Goodman can be found relaxing with family and friends, or photographing the beautiful local landscapes.

Endocrinology Associates

6027 Walnut Grove Rd Ste 307

Memphis, TN 38120

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee
  • Principal Financial Group
  • WellPoint

Learn about Dr. Goodman

Dr. Goodman's Experience

Dr. Goodman's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

• Hypothyroidism
  • Kidney Disease
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
  • Vitamin D Deficiency

• Bone Density Scan
  • Thyroid Fine Needle Aspiration Biopsy
  • Ultrasound

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

• University Of Tennessee, Knoxville
  • Memphis City Hosps
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1978
  • Memphis City Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1986

Dr. Goodman has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Goodman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Goodman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Goodman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Goodman to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Goodman's Performance
Niceville |
I began seeing Dr. Goodman after a terrible experience with another endocrinologist in the area. Dr. Goodman is everything a good doctor should be and his obvious interest in his patients comes through in the fact that he never rushes an appointment, never makes you feel like just a number and is really personable. He has done a great job of monitoring my condition and I have already recommended him to others. I wish he would expand his practice to become my GP!
in Santa Rosa Beach, FL |
Dr. Goodman saw me as a new patient and he was very professional, thorough, & genuinely interested in my care. We talked about my health goals & how to achieve them. I will be seeing him again & highly recommend him to other patients.
in Santa Rosa Beach, FL |
Had a difficult time scheduling an appointment with Dr. Goodman's office. Finally got to see him and he is excellent. He took the time to thoroughly talk with me and to get to the bottom of my issue. I would highly recommend him!
Destin, FL |
Very knowledgeable and caring doctor. Spends the time to answer all your questions. Highly recommend!
Miramar Beach, FL |
I have seen Dr. Goodman 3 or 4 times over the past couple of years about my thyroid condition. I never feel rushed, he takes the time to ask me questions, answer my questions and do a careful ultrasound. He told me I looked great!! Since my condition has been stable he said I don't have to come regularly. I think many doctors automatically give patients a followup date, and I appreciated his opinion that this is optional for me.
I would definitely recommend Dr Goodwin. He is very knowledgeable and highly professional. I always feel that he takes the time to understand my issues and then carefully determines the best course of action. He has a very caring and friendly staff.
in Shalimar, FL |
Very personable and seems to genuinely care about you as a person. Knowledgeable with current diabetic medications. Actively seeks for you to call him if medications not performing for you as discussed at your appointment.
in Mary Esther, FL |
This was my 3rd appointment with Dr. Goodman. I have had many interactions with Sacred Heart Hospitals and their Medical staff. Dr. Goodman is an absolute "Healer", and One of the best doctors I have ever experienced At Sacred Heart. His bedside manors are fantastic, his medical knowledge is Unsurpassed. Do yourself justice by trusting this Amazing Doctor with your health needs. This fine doctor is one of Sacred Heart's best assets. With Doctors like Dr. Goodman, Sacred Heart is #1!! Thanks Dr
Santa Rosa Beach, FL |
I absolutely recommend Dr. Goodman!
in Niceville, FL |
Fantastic doctor, very personable, who is extremely knowledgeable about his field and yet keeps a comfortable "bedside manner", has a simple way of explaining details, issues and treatments that put one at ease and still thorough. Once I started seeing him and the nutritionist, my managing of my diabetes became much easier, my numbers got well under control and it instilled a self confidence that has helped me to manage my disease to the levels I never thought possible with my prior doctor.
Bonifay, FL |
Very Professional and personable. A caring attitude.
Stapleton, AL |
a very thorough doctor, makes you feel at ease. I know him from Miramar, FL
in Niceville, FL |
Dr Goodman's examination was very thorough and he was quite informative at every step of the process. I did not understand my condition or what to expect and Dr Goodman explained the condition in clear and concise terms and gave me all the details I'd hoped for in what lies ahead. Excellent care, I was very happy with his service.
Niceville, FL |
Dr. Goodman was awesome! I've seen 2 other endocrinologists in the area and he has been the most thorough and professional of all of them. He expressed interest in my concerns, was not rushed and was very knowledgeable. His personality was outstanding. I was very impressed and so happy to have him as my doctor.
Destin, FL |
Dr. Goodman is thorough and truly listens to your concerns. Wait time in the office could improve, but I feel the doctor provides good care.
in Niceville, FL |
I have had one of the best experiences with Dr. Goodman. He is professional, kind, personable, and has a true concern for your health. He gave me a complete exam and explained all issues and options. When the labs came back he called me during the day , at night and weekends. This you don't find in today's world. His staff is second to none, they went the extra mile to help with my paper work during my referral process. I would Recommend Dr. Goodman to anyone that needs a Phenomenal Doctor.
in Shalimar, FL |
I feel fortunate to have found Dr. Goodman for my thyroid problems. He is very caring and professional, and he answers all my questions. He was highly recommended to me by another doctor in the area, and I will not hesitate to recommend him to my friends.
Santa Rosa Beach, FL |
Dr Goodman is very kind and compassionate with my elderly mother. He's very patient with her and thorough. I highly recommend him.
Baton Rouge, LA |
Dr. Goodman is a wealth of knowledge, stays on top of the latest research and developments and is a very detailed and patient provider. He takes the time to listen to all concerns. Excellent doctor and clinic!
Shalimar, FL |
If you have cushings disease or symptoms I recommend going to UAB He did not take my condition seriously and sent me back to my primary because he did not know why my feet where swelling! Will never go back or recommend!
in Memphis, TN |
I can't say enough good things about Dr. Goodman. He was my doctor for 8 years before he moved to Florida. He is warm, caring, and a great listener. He is thorough in his examination and lab tests. He is the epitome of a true doctor and truly cares about your well being. If you're looking for the BEST...look no further.
Miramar Beach, FL |
This doctor is like all the rest here. Just came to retire and doesn't keep up with new research. he probably should just be called a diabetic dr. he didn't know half of what he should have for thyroid.
in Bartlett, Tennessee |
Taken excellent care of my husband for over 25 years , also my daughter - in - law , her mother & sister as well as myself for a number of years. He is wonderful and we will all travel to Florida for our next check up in June. This is a most caring doctor who listens to his patients & works with you for your specific medical conditions.
Niceville, FL |
In brief, told me my 3 other physicians were wrong. Though my lab results are now normal after several endocrine prescriptions for 1.5 yrs, Dr Goodman suggested I stop taking all of them and re-test in two months to see if I really need them. (I'd gone to him for expert fine tuning on my doses). When I said I felt better following the protocol/Rx advice of the other doctors, he said Well, some people feeling better when they drink alcohol. - implying I was getting jollies from the Rx.
Have you seen Dr. Ralph Goodman, MD?
Are you Dr. Goodman?