Dr. Ralph Estes, MD

Orthopedic Surgery ·  Male · Age 64

Dr. Estes

Southeastern Sports Medicine

2315 Asheville Hwy Ste 20 Hendersonville, NC 28791

Dr. Ralph Estes, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Hendersonville, NC and has been practicing for 32 years. He graduated from Univ Of Tx Med Sch At San Antonio in 1982 and specializes in orthopedic surgery.

Dr. Estes accepts

Dr. Estes accepts the following insurance:

Commercial Insurance Company

Dr. Estes' Top Procedures and Conditions

Knee Sprain

Dr. Estes treats Knee Sprain more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Estes treats this condition more than 100% of his peers

Sprains and Strains (incl. Muscle Tear)

Dr. Estes treats Sprains and Strains (incl. Muscle Tear) more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Estes treats this condition more than 100% of his peers

Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)

Dr. Estes treats Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle) more than 99% of his peers

Dr. Estes treats this condition more than 99% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Ankle Fracture

• Elbow Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Elbow Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment, Closed
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Elbow Tenotomy
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Excision of Radius or Ulna
  • Knee Arthroscopy
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Surgery
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Morton's Neuroma
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Tibia and Fibula Fractures
  • Tibia or Fibula Stress Fracture
  • Trigger Finger
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

I am committed to  treating a person as a whole and not just a body part. I believe the trust a person puts in me to provide care for their particular problem deserves my complete attention and skills.
I want to show respect to the p...

1987

87.09677419354838%

Dr. Estes?
Dr. Estes' Performance
What People Say About Dr. Ralph Estes, MD
I had a severely damaged knee, Dr Estes performed arthroscopic surgery. He repaired both torn meniscus plus 2 unhealed stress fractures in my knee cap & 1 in my femur, he did this by harvesting my stem cells & then injecting them in the stress fractures for rapid healing. In 2 months I was back to work & a month after that I was riding my bike & playing hockey again. I can’t thank Dr Estes & his staff enough for there great work, kindness & professionalism
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ralph Estes, MD?
Dr. Estes is wonderful and knee injury healed fast under his care and attention. He listens and understands.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ralph Estes, MD?
Four months ago Dr. Estes surgically removed a large spur from my shoulder as well as some of my AC joint, cleaned up some scar tissue, treated my tendenosis, bursitis, impingement, and frozen shoulder, and today I couldn’t be better! I have full motion without pain! I appreciate the professionalism of Dr. Estes, the staff, and all those at Pardee that contributed to my healing. I thank God continually for this. I highly recommend.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ralph Estes, MD?
Dr. Estes is wonderful. Gave me all my options and the surgery was as uneventful as it could be under the circumstances. I have had multiple surgeries and he and his staff were by far the best! I am a nurse who worked at Pardee years ago and was blown away by Southeastern Sports Medicine, Dr. Estes and the hospital staff. They were WONDERFUL!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ralph Estes, MD?
I was referred to Dr Estes for a Baker's Cyst on my left knee. From the moment I met Dr Estes he has explain everything that he did to help me with my knee. He is very understanding and kind, he listened to my concerns and worked with me to ensure that my knee healed properly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ralph Estes, MD?
I am retired from the medical field and I have been well aware of Dr. Estes reputation for a while.I have even taken care of some of his patients before retiring so when I needed an orthopedic MD I knew he would be my first choice. He has the greatest bedside manner and truly listens to you. He is kind, friendly and most of all knowledgeable about whatever procedure he is going to do and explains everything in a way that you will understand. His staff is outstanding ,friendly and courteous.!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ralph Estes, MD?
Condition: torn meniscus, arthritis, pseudo gout... hair line fractures. I experienced a great deal of pain for an extended period of time. I met with a different surgeon and he scheduled replacement surgery. I decided to get a second opinion. The second knee surgeon looked at the sam MRI, and ex-rays, took additional ex-rays and decided that I didn't knee replacement. He recommended Dr. Estes. Dr. Estes repeated all the tests and decided on orthrascopic surgery. I have been very pleased.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ralph Estes, MD?
Dr. Estes took his time with me on every appointment and explained everything about my surgery on my shoulder. Always come into the room with a smile. Had full confidence in him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ralph Estes, MD?
Dr. Estes did surgery on my knee this past October. I would highly recommend him! He has a great personality and took the time to answer any and all questions that I had. Followup after my surgery was great as well.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ralph Estes, MD?
what really made the experience great was several things. first and to me the most important was everything was explained, what was wrong and how it was going to be repaired. this was done in terms I could understand. It seemed as though great care was taken to make me feel at ease before the operation on my knee. then afterwards again everything was explained. and again great care was taken, instructions on exercising the knee and what to do and not to do. also the follow up was great.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ralph Estes, MD?
I had suffered for over 3 years with shoulder pain and tried weeks of physical therapy with pain remaining. I chose Dr.Estes because he had done surgery on our daughter several years ago when she had injuries from playing soccer. He was very understanding when I explained my situation. I was frustrated not to be able to exercise like I had been used to doing. He gave me reassurance that we would find the problem and deal with it. God indeed used his hands & skills & I am exercising again! Thanks
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ralph Estes, MD?
Dr Estes has very skillfully repaired the torn meniscus cartilage in my left knee. His treatment has been just right for my knee problem before and after surgery. I would recommend him to anyone needing orthopedic surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ralph Estes, MD?
I have seen Dr. Estes for three different joint problems in the last 7 years. I am extremely confident in his abilities to treat my problems. He preformed surgery on a torn meniscus in my right knee in 2015. I have been very pleased with the function of my knee. He is always professional, respectful and caring while treating me. I am a nurse and having worked with physicians in several different fields of the medical profession for 43 years consider him one of the best !
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ralph Estes, MD?
Dr Estes has performed 2 rotorycuff surgeries for me in past 15 year's. And both have Heald great. I'm right at 5 months in on my second, and I'm doing great. Neither of my surgeries were easy, my shoulders were in bad shape. considering I lost my leg and have walked with crunches for 35 year's. Iould want no one but him for any kind of orthopedic surgery, if you are reading this YOU have found your Doctor. .......
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ralph Estes, MD?
I have a rare genetic condition that causes me to dislocate joints. I dislocated my knee, tore my meniscus and ruptured my ACL. I had just started a new job 2 days before my appt with Dr. Estes. He clearly explained what the MRI showed, and that I needed extensive surgery to replace the ACL, which meant a long time in PT. I couldn't take off of my new job, so we figured out a plan to do the repair in 2 stages. He worked with my situation and treated me holistically, not as a number.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ralph Estes, MD?
Dr. Estes is a great Orthopedic Doctor and Surgeon. He takes time to explain your specific problem and tell you your alternatives to correct it. He is about my age, which is important to me, so he has years of experience and tells you in a very courteous and informative manner how to solve your medical condition.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ralph Estes, MD?
I always felt that my best interest was Dr. Estes main concern through out the entire process. I have already recommended Dr Estes to a friend.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ralph Estes, MD?
Dr Estes has been my Orthopaedic surgeon for over 20 years. He has Surgically repaired both of my knees:A tear in my L. Knee & an ACL reconstruction on my right knee, after which, I competed in the AAU Karate Nationals 6 months post op. He has performed 2 major surgeries on my R shoulder with excellent results,as well as couple of other surgeries. I am an athlete and a speedy, complete recovery is very important to me. Dr Estes has always made that happen for me. He is a great surgeon.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ralph Estes, MD?
I was in so much pain when I came to see Dr. Estes ,now 6 months later I'm pain free and have all my mobility back .
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ralph Estes, MD?
Dr. Estes has been my orthopedic physician for more than 20 years. First experience was lower back pain with sciatic nerve pain diagnosed as aggravation of quadratus lumborum or ?hip hiker? muscles. Next, was a frozen shoulder and most recently a cracked meniscus resulting in arthroscopy followed by viscosupplementation. I no longer jog but I regularly dance, hike and ride my bike.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Estes?

Southeastern Sports Medicine

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Estes treats patients.

Pardee UNC Healthcare