Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Ralph Estes, MD
Dr. Estes has been in practice since 1987, thus he has a great deal of knowledge and skill in providing care for injuries related to sports, leisure and work. His main interests are the care of knee, shoulder, and ankle injuries, but also takes care of other problems related to the elbow, back, and foot. He makes every effort to treat his patients with compassion and respect, always doing his best to get the the most optimum results possible. He stays knowledgeable of the most up to date information and surgical techniques to treat the variety of injuries that he encounters on a daily basis.

Southeastern Sports Medicine

• Medical Mutual of Ohio
  • Meritain Health

Learn about Dr. Estes

Dr. Estes' Experience

Dr. Estes' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Clavicle Fracture
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Foot Fracture
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Morton's Neuroma
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot

• Rotator Cuff Surgery
  • Shoulder Fracture Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

• Texas A&M University / Main Campus
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1977
  • Univ Of Tx Med Sch At San Antonio
    Medical School | Graduated 1982
  • Scott and White
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1983
  • Scott and White
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1987

Dr. Estes has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Estes does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Estes and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Estes' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Estes to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Estes' Performance
Blackstock, SC |
Dr. Estes took his time with me on every appointment and explained everything about my surgery on my shoulder. Always come into the room with a smile. Had full confidence in him.
in Hendersonville, NC |
Dr. Estes did surgery on my knee this past October. I would highly recommend him! He has a great personality and took the time to answer any and all questions that I had. Followup after my surgery was great as well.
in Hendersonville, NC |
what really made the experience great was several things. first and to me the most important was everything was explained, what was wrong and how it was going to be repaired. this was done in terms I could understand. It seemed as though great care was taken to make me feel at ease before the operation on my knee. then afterwards again everything was explained. and again great care was taken, instructions on exercising the knee and what to do and not to do. also the follow up was great.
in Brevard, NC |
I had suffered for over 3 years with shoulder pain and tried weeks of physical therapy with pain remaining. I chose Dr.Estes because he had done surgery on our daughter several years ago when she had injuries from playing soccer. He was very understanding when I explained my situation. I was frustrated not to be able to exercise like I had been used to doing. He gave me reassurance that we would find the problem and deal with it. God indeed used his hands & skills & I am exercising again! Thanks
in Hendersonville, NC |
Dr Estes has very skillfully repaired the torn meniscus cartilage in my left knee. His treatment has been just right for my knee problem before and after surgery. I would recommend him to anyone needing orthopedic surgery.
in Hendersonville, NC |
I have seen Dr. Estes for three different joint problems in the last 7 years. I am extremely confident in his abilities to treat my problems. He preformed surgery on a torn meniscus in my right knee in 2015. I have been very pleased with the function of my knee. He is always professional, respectful and caring while treating me. I am a nurse and having worked with physicians in several different fields of the medical profession for 43 years consider him one of the best !
in Hendersonville nc. |
Dr Estes has performed 2 rotorycuff surgeries for me in past 15 year's. And both have Heald great. I'm right at 5 months in on my second, and I'm doing great. Neither of my surgeries were easy, my shoulders were in bad shape. considering I lost my leg and have walked with crunches for 35 year's. Iould want no one but him for any kind of orthopedic surgery, if you are reading this YOU have found your Doctor. .......
Hendersonville, NC |
I have a rare genetic condition that causes me to dislocate joints. I dislocated my knee, tore my meniscus and ruptured my ACL. I had just started a new job 2 days before my appt with Dr. Estes. He clearly explained what the MRI showed, and that I needed extensive surgery to replace the ACL, which meant a long time in PT. I couldn't take off of my new job, so we figured out a plan to do the repair in 2 stages. He worked with my situation and treated me holistically, not as a number.
in Arden, NC |
Dr. Estes is a great Orthopedic Doctor and Surgeon. He takes time to explain your specific problem and tell you your alternatives to correct it. He is about my age, which is important to me, so he has years of experience and tells you in a very courteous and informative manner how to solve your medical condition.
in Mills River, NC |
I always felt that my best interest was Dr. Estes main concern through out the entire process. I have already recommended Dr Estes to a friend.
in Hendersonville, NC |
Dr Estes has been my Orthopaedic surgeon for over 20 years. He has Surgically repaired both of my knees:A tear in my L. Knee & an ACL reconstruction on my right knee, after which, I competed in the AAU Karate Nationals 6 months post op. He has performed 2 major surgeries on my R shoulder with excellent results,as well as couple of other surgeries. I am an athlete and a speedy, complete recovery is very important to me. Dr Estes has always made that happen for me. He is a great surgeon.
in cedar mtn nc. |
I was in so much pain when I came to see Dr. Estes ,now 6 months later I'm pain free and have all my mobility back .
in Hendersonville, NC |
Dr. Estes has been my orthopedic physician for more than 20 years. First experience was lower back pain with sciatic nerve pain diagnosed as aggravation of quadratus lumborum or ?hip hiker? muscles. Next, was a frozen shoulder and most recently a cracked meniscus resulting in arthroscopy followed by viscosupplementation. I no longer jog but I regularly dance, hike and ride my bike.
in Hendersonville, NC |
Dr. Estes is a good listener and provided me with solid medical advice. He gave me understandable explanations regarding my persistent/debilitating knee pain. Initial knee injections helped but did not give me the relief I need to participate in my active daily workouts. He performed arthroscopic knee surgery to repair multiple tears in the meniscus and remove a bone spur. Very pleased with result and at 71 years of age, I have regained my active lifestyle.
Excellent caring doctor
in Etowah, NC |
I had to show Estes my knee problem the first visit as he said everything was okay. I did have surgery by him but I still had the same problem as before surgery. I then saw another doctor and had another MRI that revealed Estes did not fix the tear in my knee. Had surgery again with new doctor and I am now okay.
I am truly sorry that Mr. Millon did not get the result as expected. I did go back and review his surgery. I performed the partial menisectomy as I have done for the thousands before him. I try to keep as much meniscus as possible, only removing the torn part that is visible at that time. The remaining meniscus can retear. As discussed prior to his surgery, one outcome is continued or worsening of his pain. I provide the best care that I can, minimizing potential complications.
Have you seen Dr. Ralph Estes, MD?

Visit Dr. Estes