Dr. Ralph Austin Jr, MD

Dr. Ralph Austin Jr, MD

Family Medicine | Male

I am a family physician who has practiced primary care for over 30 years. After spending the last seven years as a hospitalist, I decided to go back into practice because I want to help improve the delivery of health care to people.  I became a physician to help people, not just make money.  In my practice my patients and I are partners and share in the decisions made regarding their care. I intend to put carrying back into healthcare. My forte is a caring attitude, and the ability to listen.

My background is in teaching, clinical outpatient medicine, and hospital medicine. I believe in educating patients about their medical problems, and emphasizing to them that their good health is mainly their responsibility. During my career I have been involved in community organizations, and have served on the Board of Directors of the Georgia Academy of Family Practice; chairman of the Family Medicine Department, Medical Executive Committee, the Medical Center of Central Georgia, and the Pharmacy and Therapeutics committee. I have served on the Georgia Board for the physician's workforce for 11 years and was the chairman for five years. During my teaching years I was name the Attending of the Year by the residents, five years in a row.

I love jazz music and enjoy photography. I have 7 children, 16 grandchildren and 6 great grandchildren and love every minute I spend with each of them. I am fortunate to have a loving, understanding, and supportive wife, who is the light of my life.

I am blessed and grateful to have accumulated the knowledge and understanding that God has given me, nothing is more gratifying to me than helping people.

Dr. Austin Jr's Experience

See how Dr. Austin Jr's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Austin Jr

Dr. Austin Jr accepts 23 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Austin Jr has admitting privileges.

Dr. Austin Jr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Austin Jr to family and friends
3.9
based on 7 total surveys (1 with a review)
Dr. Austin Jr's Performance
Batesville, MS |
Figured to pass the time while sitting in this empty waiting room I would vent. 2nd and last time here. Both times its taken over an hour to get called back. What makes matters worst is there is only about 8 people who have signed in today,the last one was several hours ago. I think he's either not here or asleep. I've now been waiting an hour.
Have you seen Dr. Ralph Austin Jr, MD?
Are you Dr. Austin Jr?

Compare Dr. Austin Jr

Dr. Austin Jr says...

Dr. Austin Jr's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Family Medicine
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• Allergies
  • Asthma
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Depression
  • Emphysema
  • Heart Disease
  • High Cholesterol
  • Infectious Diseases
  • Injuries
  • Menopause
  • Pneumonia
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)

University of Medicine And Dentistry of New Jersey / Robert Wood Johnson Medical School

Graduated in 1978

Medical Center Of Central Georgia

Completed in 1979

McCg

Completed in 1981

Princeton U

Graduated in 1973

Dr. Austin Jr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Austin Jr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Integrative Medicine