Dr. Ralph Austin Jr, MD

Dr. Ralph Austin Jr, MD

Family Medicine  |
Dr. Ralph Austin Jr, MD is a family medicine specialist in Warner Robins, GA and has been practicing for 37 years. He graduated from University Of Medicine and Dentistry Of New Jersey / Robert Wood Johnson Medical School in 1978 and specializes in family medicine and integrative medicine.Read his story

644 Tallulah Trl

Warner Robins, GA 31088

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Bakery & Confectionary Union Plan
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia
  • CoreSource

Learn about Dr. Austin Jr

Dr. Austin Jr's Experience

Dr. Austin Jr's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine

Dr. Austin Jr's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Austin Jr "I am a family physician who has practiced primary care for over 30 years. After spending the last seven years as a hospitalist, I decided to go back into practice because I want to help improve the delivery of health care to people. I became a physician to help people, not just make money. In my practice my patients and I are partners and share in the decisions made regarding their care. I intend to put carrying back into healthcare. My forte is a caring attitude, and the ability to listen. My background is in teaching, clinical outpatient medicine, and hospital medicine. I believe in educating patients about their medical problems, and emphasizing to them that their good health is mainly their responsibility. During my career I have been involved in community organizations, and have served on the Board of Directors of the Georgia Academy of Family Practice; chairman of the Family Medicine Department, Medical Executive Committee, the Medical Center of Central Georgia, and the Pharmacy and Therapeutics committee. I have served on the Georgia Board for the physician's workforce for 11 years and was the chairman for five years. During my teaching years I was name the Attending of the Year by the residents, five years in a row. I love jazz music and enjoy photography. I have 7 children, 16 grandchildren and 6 great grandchildren and love every minute I spend with each of them. I am fortunate to have a loving, understanding, and supportive wife, who is the light of my life. I am blessed and grateful to have accumulated the knowledge and understanding that God has given me, nothing is more gratifying to me than helping people."

This content was provided by Dr. Austin Jr "I am a caring physician who is an advocate for my patients. I know there isn't a pill for everything, and encourage my patients to eat a healthy diet. My philosophy is that disease is caused by what crosses your lips and your level of activity."

• Integrative Medicine

Dr. Austin Jr does not have any board certifications listed.

• Abscess Incision and Drainage
  • Biopsy
  • Electrocardiogram (EKG)
  • Physical Examination
  • Skin Biopsy
  • Urinalysis
  • Wart Removal
  • Wellness Examination

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• Princeton U
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1973
  • University Of Medicine and Dentistry Of New Jersey / Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
    Medical School | Graduated 1978
  • Medical Center Of Central Georgia
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1979
  • McCg
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1981

Dr. Austin Jr has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Austin Jr has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Austin Jr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Austin Jr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Austin Jr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Austin Jr to family and friends
3.2
based on 9 total reviews (3 with comments)

Dr. Austin Jr's Performance

Office environment
Staff friendliness
Average wait time

in Bonaire
Not sure if he is part of the problem... however front office person is horrible. Needs more training on how to deal with people. An illness could have been helped a week ago if the patient was brought in like another Doctor advised.
in Warner Robins, GA
in the last week The staff up front (Secretary, little workers) whatever you want to call them) are terrible people, they treat folks bad, lie to paitents, and I know at least 11 patients that have left a good Doctor (have released them selves as a patient and gone to another) all because of them....more

Your appt was cancelled because of the storm. The office was closed as were most of the offices that day. You called to get a refill on a medication that requires me to see you. You called the office numerous times that day, and then told my receptionist that you were just going to come in. Because of the storm the schedule was booked. My office works by appoinments. No one lied to you nor were they rude. You were rude asking for your f...ing records.

in Batesville, MS
Figured to pass the time while sitting in this empty waiting room I would vent. 2nd and last time here. Both times its taken over an hour to get called back. What makes matters worst is there is only about 8 people who have signed in today,the last one was several hours ago. I think he's either not...more

By looking at your grading you were extremely biased. If you ask any of my patients, the one thing I do is spend time with them and explain what is going on. It might be a wait because I do spend time with my patients. You must not have been seen because your only legitimate complaint was the wait. In othe5r offices you may be seen quickly, but you leave quickly, and most of the time you don't even see the doctor. Good luck to you.