Dr. Rakesh Shah, MD

Dr. Rakesh Shah, MD

Interventional Cardiology  |

Dr. Rakesh Shah, MD is an interventional cardiology doctor who practices in Webster, TX. He is 50 years old and has been practicing for 28 years. Dr. Shah is affiliated with Memorial Hermann Southeast Hospital and Clear Lake Regional Medical Center.

Bay Area Heart

450 Blossom St Ste D

Webster, TX 77598

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Blue Bell Benefit Trust
  • ChoiceCare Network
  • Community Health Choice
  • Evolutions Healthcare Systems
  • Fidelis Care
  • Fortified Provider Network
  • Galaxy Health Network
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)

Learn about Dr. Shah

My patients are my number one priority.  I have excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, and an outstanding reputation for bed side manner.

Dr. Shah's Experience

Dr. Shah's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Interventional Cardiology
  • Board certified in Cardiology, Cardiovascular Disease, Internal Medicine, Interventional Cardiology and Nuclear Medicine

• Interventional Cardiology

• Interventional Cardiology
    Accredited by: American Board of Medical Specialties*
  • Nuclear Medicine
    Accredited by: American Board of Nuclear Medicine*

• Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA)
  • Accelerated Hypertension
  • Carotid Artery Stenosis
  • Carotid Atherosclerosis
  • Chest Pain
  • Chronic Diseases
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Congenital Heart Disease
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Congestive Heart Failure, Left-Sided
  • Congestive Heart Failure, Right-Sided
  • Coronary Artery Calcification
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Coronary Artery Disease, Autosomal Dominant 1
  • Coronary Artery Disease, Autosomal Dominant 2
  • Coronary Artery Dissection
  • Coronary Atherosclerosis
  • Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Endocarditis
  • Exertional Hypertension
  • Familial Combined Hyperlipidemia
  • Familial Hypercholesterolemia
  • Familial Hypertension
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Murmur
  • Pericardial Disease
  • Pericarditis
  • Peripheral Arterial Embolism and Thrombosis
  • Peripheral Artery Disease
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome
  • Venous Embolism and Thrombosis
  • Venous Insufficiency
  • Venous Reflux
  • Ventricular Fibrillation
  • Ventricular Tachycardia (VT)
  • White Coat Hypertension

• Atherectomy
  • Autonomic Testing
  • B-Scan Ultrasound
  • Balloon Angioplasty
  • Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
  • Cardiac Event Monitor
  • Cardioversion, Elective
  • Cardioverter-Defibrillator or Pacemaker Insertion, Removal or Repair
  • Carotid Artery Stent Placement
  • Carotid Ultrasound
  • Chest CT (incl. Heart and Lungs)
  • Coronary Angiogram
  • Thoracentesis
  • Thrombolysis
  • Tilt Table Testing
  • Tilt Testing or Cardiac Event Monitors
  • Transesophageal Echocardiography (TEE)
  • Transradial Catheterization
  • Transthoracic Echocardiography (TTE)
  • Ultrasound, Abdominal Aortic

Other Education | Completed 2002

• Gujarati
  • Hindi
  • Indian

Dr. Shah does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shah and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Clear Lake Regional Medical Center

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Coronary Intervention Excellence Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Shah is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Shah's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Shah to family and friends
Dr. Shah's Performance
Houston, TX |
Excellent service. Doctor has great ability to interact with patients and give sound advice
in League City, TX |
Dr. Shah is personable and does a good job of going through the test results and making sure I understand the information. His staff were professional during the initial testing and followup and did a good job of communicating. My personal physician recommended Dr Shah and I am glad to have him as my cardiologist.
in Santa Fe, Texas |
Dr. Shah is a very thorough and has excellent communication skill with his patients. I had been to several Heart doctors and after finding him, I need look no further. He does not order unnecessary test and I am impressed with him.
in Galveston, TX |
Dr. Shah, has been my Cardiologist for the past 5 years . He and his staff have always very professional and kind to me. I am very thankful to Dr.Shah and his team , for helping me stay on top of my health .
in Pearland, TX |
Everything went perfect. No waiting, very nice attitude of a nurse, quick interview to the point, the Doctor was on time and reviewed the issues with me precisely. En excellent experience!!!
Chicago, IL |
Would recommend in a heart beat... no pun intended. Dr Shah took time to listen and answer questions.
in Houston, TX |
I have been a patient of Dr. Shah for over 15 years. He is a most remarkable Doctor and one I respect immensely. He has helped diagnose and treat me successfully and has added quality years to my life. Thank you Dr,.Shah!.
in Houston, TX |
Dr Shah is very thorough, takes the time to listen to any questions, concerns etc. Very happy with the level of care I receive from Dr Shah and the entire staff at Bay Area Heart.
in Houston, TX |
Dr Shah is a very caring and knowledgeable physician. I have been his patient for several years. His PA's are also very knowledgeable and caring. I would highly recommend him to anyone.
in Alvin, TX 77511 |
long time patient....like talking to a friend
in pearland tx |
dr shaw and his team are extremely professional. every visit has been as though I was a friend stopping by. I credit dr shaw to saving my life. i have and highly recommend him and his team to anyone in need of heart help.
in Alvin, TX |
Dr. Shah spends the right amount of time with each patient to cover all their concerns and discuss solutions. He does not rush people through assembly line fashion. Dr. Shah is very caring and compassionate for his patients and they get top notch care.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Shah has been my husband's cardiologist for over a decade. He had been on kidney dialysis for 13 years resulting in many heart complications ranging from heart attack to stents to being recommended to a great surgeon for bypass surgery. He was kind yet straight-forward with me and my husband while faced with these challenges. My husband is doing great now. Recently I became Dr. Shah's patient. He has been very thorough about monitoring my condition and explaining things to me.
Houston, TX |
Good demeaner, pleasant smile, listens.
Houston, TX |
Highly likely to recommend to family or friends. I have received excellent care from Dr. Shah and his staff
in LaPorte, TX |
I know that Dr. Shah is the only Cardiologist I've ever seen but for me, he is the best! He always answers all of my questions. He makes sure I understand everything about my condition and no matter what is going on in the office his staff is available for anything that comes up. You can't ask for any better than that! Thanks Dr. Shah. Your and your staff are very appreciated!
in Seabrook, TX |
Even though this is a busy practice, with lots of folks coming and going, I have never had to wait long to be seen. The staff is knowledgeable and friendly. Everyone here will take the time needed to answer any questions you may have. The expertise of DR. Shah seems unlimited. I recommend this practice to anyone in need of this type of medicine.
I AM VERY SATISFIED WITH DR SHAH,
in Manvel, TX |
I have and will continue to refer friends and family to Dr, Shah. I was concerned when my previous cardiologist retired,but my concerns were quickly resolved.
in Houston, TX |
I saw Dr. Shah yesterday May 8 2017 for my tests results. He has been a great dr. and his has a lot of knowledge for his work . I am glad he is my cardiologist . Keep the good work.
in League City, TX |
Dr. Shah takes the time to explain and and answer any questions you may have. He is very personable. I recommend him.
Texas City, TX |
Dr. Shah is knowledgeable and professional.
in La Porte, Texas |
Dr. Shah is an excellent cardiologist with an extremely competent and well-trained staff. He also has state-of-the-art equipment and an impressive array of in-house treatment options. Not only do his people know what they're doing, they also have a great sense of humor, and best of all, they care. I found out what they could do on my first visit. They stabilized my heart in a life-threatening situation and rushed me to a nearby ICU in a staff member's personal vehicle. I'm truly indebted.
extremely high
Dr. Shah inspires confidence with his diagnoses. He is very friendly and does not rush thru appointments. His staff of (both administrative and nursing) complement his practice with the same pleasant and productive attitude.
League City, TX |
Takes time to explain all test results. Dr. Shah makes sure all questions are answered before he leaves the room. I have been seeing Dr. Shah for 10 years after by - pass surgery in Kansas. I am very pleased with how he is handling my case and would recommend him to anyone.
Manvel, TX |
Dr Shah is professional and yet caring of his patients. I drive past many doctors when taking my mother to Dr Shah and I do so gladly due to his history knowing my mother and the care he shows my mother
Definitely.
in Webster, TX |
My husband and I began seeing Dr. Shah when we moved to this area 7 years ago. We have found him to be an excellent cardiologist with high medical standards. We would not hesitate in recommending him to others seeking a cardiologist.
in League City, TX |
I was fortunate that Dr. Shaw was on call the night I came in with a blockage of a main artery. Dr. Shaw has proven to be the best doctor I could ever have hoped for. Thank You...
in Friendswood, TX |
Dr. Shaw cares. He takes the time and is very transparent in his approach to delivering news. I am pleased to have him as my Cardiologists and highly recommend him.
in Houston Tx |
Dr Shah always takes special care with my mom.
in Pearland, Texas |
Dr. Shah and his staff have been wonderful to work with. We were referred to him by a friend who works closely with many Cardiologists. Dr. Shah was his first recommendation. He and his staff have been great to us. My husband and my father are both now under his care for serious heart conditions. I'm so thankful for the kindness, professionalism, and the time they spend to answer all of our questions! I trust they are providing excellent care to the two most important men in my life !
in Dickinson Texas |
I changed Cardiologists after a hospital stay. The Doctor that I left did not seem to be very interested in my new condition. It may not have been new to him, but it was new to me. I would call his office, and not get a call back. I was lucky to get Dr. Shah. When I am in front of him he gives me his full attention. He explains things till I understand them. His office is professional and friendly. I feel very lucky to have him and his staff to help with my health problems.
in Friendswood, TX |
As a new patient I found Dr. Shah and his staff to be very professional and friendly. They are very efficient and punctual from triage with the MA to meeting with Dr. Shah and his nurse. They were very thorough in questioning and recording my medical history. Dr. Shah was very patient in reviewing my information and listen to my issues. After all the tests which I agreed with, they were once again hospitable during my follow up visit. I highly recommend Dr. Rakesh Shah as your cardiologist!
in Santa Fe, TX |
Dr. Shah and his staff are wonderful!!!
in League City, TX |
Excellent, caring and concerned doctor.
in Alvin, TX |
Dr. Shah is like that favorite relative you love to visit. His house is always clean and inviting and his family is always cordial, making you feel right at home. Kind of makes you just want to pour yourself another cup of coffee, set back down and get an answer to that question that's been bothering you.
in La Porte, TX |
I have had great experiences every visit.the wit time is next to nothing, my appointment time is usually when you see the Dr. This is very rare but very important. My time is as valuable as their time and they realize and respect this.
Friendswood, TX |
I enjoy seeing Dr. Shaw, and respect his judgement concerning diagnostic tests, treatment options, and recommendations for lifestyle changes. Dr. Shaw is professional and personable; he talks with patients as opposed to just talking at them.
in houston, tx |
Dr. Shah is the consummate cardiologist. He and his staff are highly competent and professional. Truly the best.
in Pearland, TX |
Very Patient-concerned and empathetic. Office staff is exceptional. His referral saved my life.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Shah and his office staff are fantastic! Friendly and helpful. Dr. Shah take his time to explain whatever you ask him and he does it thoroughly! Love his office care!!
in La Porte, TX |
Dr. Shah, in my opinion, is an excellent Cardiologist. I was very fortunate that he was the surgeon on call the day of my heart attack. His confidence, calmness, and demeanor makes me feel very comfortable when in his care. He takes the time to explain the issues and what he will do to rectify those issues. All of the hospital staff spoke so highly of this man, that I felt so at ease prior to my procedure. Thanks to Dr. Shah that I'm here today. He is truly an instrument of Gods hands.
Houston, TX |
Best cardiologist in town.
magnolia, tx |
The best!!
Dickinson, TX |
Dr. Shah is the best Dr. I have ever known. I was feeling bad and called and sent him a personal email and he responded within an HOUR. In todays microwave society, to have a Dr. Care about a patient to this level, is OUTSTANDING. Debbie Drury
in Houston, TX |
We are very happy with Dr. Shah and his staff. They are knowledgeable, friendly and efficient. Dr. Shah, as well as his staff take the time to listen and do not "rush" you in and out of an appointment. An example: My Mom was visiting from out of state and after visiting Dr. Shah's office had a procedure performed. During the billing cycle an office outside of Dr. Shah's practice entered the wrong codes and my Mom received a bill in error. She called Nancy on Dr. Shah's staff-she took care of it.
in Houston, TX 77089 |
Dr. Shah saved my life with an emergency intervention almost 10 years ago, now. I have been going to him ever since. He is a superb Cardiologist. Along with all his knowledge and technical skills, he is thorough, caring, compassionate, and patient. I would and do recommend him highly to anyone in need of heart related care.
in Dayton, TX |
Very caring and attentive. Discussed condition and treatments at length in a manner that was easy to understand. I found that this doctor does not authorize or request unnecessary tests just to continue his financial interests. He gets an A+ from me.
Have you seen Dr. Rakesh Shah, MD?
Are you Dr. Shah?

Visit Dr. Shah

Dr. Shah accepts 35 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
    Capp Care PPO
  • Fidelis Care
  • Fortified Provider Network
  • Galaxy Health Network
    Managed Care PPO
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
  • HealthSmart - Interplan Health Group
    Interplan Health Group
  • Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
  • International Organization of Masters, Mates & Pilots
    MM&P Health & Benefit Plan
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Meritain Health
  • Molina Healthcare
    MHNet - Behavioral Health
  • National Association of Letter Carriers (NALC)
  • Prime Health Services