Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility  |
Dr. Rakesh Mangal, MD
As one of the few physicians in America to have completed fellowship training in both advanced reproductive laparoscopic surgery and reproductive endocrinology and infertility (REI), Dr. Rakesh Mangal is a medical and surgical specialist for endometriosis, pelvic pain, and infertility. He received his medical degree from the Tulane University School of Medicine and is board certified in both Obstetrics and Gynecology (Ob/Gyn) and REI. As an expert in his field, Dr. Mangal has published numerous articles and medical textbook chapters, and instructs surgical techniques to physicians in training. Dr. Mangal treats each patient with individualized care, compassion and understanding throughout the entire process. In addition to patient treatment, he serves as president-elect for the Indian Doctors Association of Houston, providing care to those with financial difficulty.

7900 Fannin St Ste 4000

Houston, TX 77054

Dr. Rakesh Mangal, MD

• Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Galaxy Health Network
  • HealthSmart
  • HealthSmart - Interplan Health Group
  • Memorial Healthcare System
  • Private HealthCare Systems
  • Texas True Choice

Learn about Dr. Mangal

Dr. Mangal's Experience

Dr. Mangal's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility

• Female Pelvic Disorders
  • High Risk Pregnancy
  • Infertility
  • Male Infertility
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Miscarriages

• Alton Ochsner Med Fndn
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1993
  • Baylor Coll Med
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1995

Dr. Mangal has no media or publications listed.

• Indian

Dr. Mangal does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mangal and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Mangal's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mangal to family and friends
3.9
Dr. Mangal Says:

I appreciate and pay attention to patient satisfaction surveys. Your feedback provides essential insight as to what we are doing both right and wrong, as well as what we can do to make it better. My treatment method is a partnership requiring open and honest communication.

Dr. Mangal's Performance
Houston, TX |
Dr. Mangal is one of the most honest, compassionate and humble doctors on the face of the Earth and he is hands down the best doctor for treating endometriosis. I have been seeing him for close to 3 years. My only regret is I wish he practiced independently, or at least not at the Women's Hospital of Texas, which is one of the worst hospitals in Texas.
in Katy, TX |
Dr. Mangal is God send doctor !!! He is awesome...awesome doc. Very patient, comfort you and very very knowledgeable!!! I have never meat doc like him in my life!! before my first appt he called me day before .. explain me what will be done on my first appt ! Before surgery he called again talk to me for an hour explain me what he will be doing ! He comfort me and my family! I had laparoscopy done and will have another surgery ! Great doctor and his staff !!!
in Houston, tx |
His degree of thoroughness & compassion you won't find elsewhere. I feel so lucky to half found him and his team. Nurse Rita is amazing too. If there were more hours in the day, I am almost certain they would use even those to care for their patients. Hang in there. You won't regret seeing this doctor
Katy, TX |
I suffer from a rare condition called thoracic endometriosis, and without hormonal therapy my lung collapses with my period. After ending up in the ER with a chest tube, I had TWO different doctors of mine personally call Dr. Mangal's office to request he see me. No reply. After numerous calls someone scheduled me, but 10 minutes later called to cancel me stating he needed to review my file but would call me. NEVER DID. He has no business calling himself an endo specialist.
in Odessa, TX |
The best doctor to go to for endometriosis! I cannot say enough good things about dr. Mangal! I have since moved out of houston and because of his excellent care, surgery skills, knowledge of the disease, and time he takes to understand his patients concerns, I will travel back to Texas because I know with him I will get honest answers and the best care on my individual needs. He is truly a blessing in my eyes and because of him I have my life back, and can actually begin fertility treatments.
in Katy, TX |
Doctor Mangal helped me a year ago with my endometriosis. I've never been more impressed with a doctor before. He called me on a Sunday to go over my medical records, and got me in for my first appointment the following day (Monday). He spent over 5 hours with a small group us (and our significant others) making sure we truly understood what all endometriosis is, how its caused, and different treatment options available. Now a year later my husband and I are expecting our first child.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Mangal is the absolute BEST if you are suffering from Endometriosis. I have stage IV Endo and have lived with this miserable disease for 20 years. After going through countless doctors who claimed to know how to treat this disease, my husband found Dr. Mangal. Dr. Mangal is the gold standard when it comes all aspects of endometriosis. Yes, you may have longer waiting time, however, you will NOT find a better endo specialist ANYWHERE! He is compassionate, thorough and intelligent doctor.
Have you seen Dr. Rakesh Mangal, MD?
Are you Dr. Mangal?

Visit Dr. Mangal

Dr. Mangal accepts 17 insurance carriers
    Aetna POS
    Aetna PPO
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
    Beech Street (Multiplan) PPO