Dr. Raju Ghate, MD

Dr. Raju Ghate, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |

Dr. Raju Ghate, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Chicago, IL. He is 44 years old and has been practicing for 18 years. Dr. Ghate is affiliated with Skokie Hospital, Highland Park Hospital, Glenbrook Hospital, Evanston Hospital and Northwestern Memorial Hospital.

NorthShore University HealthSystem

680 N Lake Shore Dr # 924

Chicago, IL 60611

• HealthLink

Learn about Dr. Ghate

My goal is to understand my patients' needs and work with them to return them to their active lifestyles. This can involve therapies ranging from physical therapy to surgical intervention. When it comes to surgical intervention my goal is to understand the patient's needs and goals and use that to formulate a treatment plan that best fits them.

Dr. Ghate's Experience

Dr. Ghate's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  • Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

• Adult Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• Ataxia
  • Baker’s Cyst
  • Chondrocalcinosis
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lupus

• Nerve Block, Sympathetic
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1999
  • Northwestern Memorial Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2004
  • Rush University Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2005

Dr. Ghate has no media or publications listed.

• International Congress for Joint Reconstruction, Member

Dr. Ghate's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ghate to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Ghate's Performance
in Chicago, IL |
Dr. Ghate performed a total knee replacement for me. He provided a clearly defined protocol to me before surgery. I was instructed how to prepare for surgery and what to expect subsequent to surgery. Everything went exactly as I expected. I now have a fully functional pain free knee. Dr. Ghate and his staff are very compassionate. Heidi answers all questions within a few hours if not immediately. I would absolutely recommend Dr Ghate for knee replacement. Dr. Ghate is the knee master!
in crete, il |
tim kelly again. now four weeks out of surgery feel great. some pain at night but i expect that. doctor did his job right, my turn now execise and attention to therapist and all good thanks again doctor.
in Wilmette, IL |
I had a full knee replacement 4/16. I had seen several other doctors prior to seeing Dr. Ghate. I knew immediately he was my guy. He explained everything in great detail and very patient. His nurse Heidi is the best. Outstanding ! Skokie hospital was wonderful and excellent staff. My knee is great and I wish I would have done this sooner.
in Deerfield, IL |
Very knowledgeable. Very confident. Total knee replacement without any complications. I have had surgical complications before, so I was nervous. The skokie orthopedic center took good care of me. Dr Ghate's staff returned my calls no matter how small my question. Dr Ghate called on a Saturday when I had an unrelated infection and needed advice. I would highly recommend.
in Northfield, IL |
Dr Ghate is the most skilled surgeon in providing knee replacements in the Midwest--possibly the country, He made a plastic mold of my knee 1 week before surgery and the had the knee parts--steel and plastic fitted to the mold. He was done in a little over 45 mins with the surgery.I could walk the first day. From then on the knee felt great with minimal pain and I felt strength on my left side that had not been there for 10 years. I can walk well, good lateral movement and tremendous stability.
in Hinsdale, IL |
Run, Run , Run. I might have sued Dr Ghate and NorthShore Hospital for malpractice! I went to see Dr Ghate and he said I needed a full right knee replacement since I had bone on bone from the knee X-Rays and he added me to his 2.5 month out surgery date. Long story short--I got a 2nd opinion by the best--Dr Berger at Rush Hospital and learned it was my HIP causing my pain and mobility issues not the knee! Dr Berger's team was outstanding and saved me a wasted surgery just by doing a Hip X-Ray!
in Chicago, IL |
Very personable. Takes his time to explain. I will be using DR Ghate for all follow up appointments.
Chicago, IL |
Cancelled my appointment the night before and gave me limited options to reschedule. It was 7am on a Tuesday or nothing else. Had a horrible bedside and did not answer any of my questions. I asked about Makoplasty, he got offended and told me to go see those doctors.
in Lake Bluff, IL |
I was referred to Dr. Ghate from my internist. I called and requested an appointment for a 2nd opinion for a hip replacement. I called the day before the appointment just to make sure I was still on the books. Rather odd that no one called to confirm. I arrived 15 minutes only to be told that my appointment was cancelled! I asked why and they said he doesn't do hips anymore. I asked why no one called me? No response! Very poor service!!!
in Chicago, IL |
I had seen many ortho surgeons before receiving a recommendation for Dr. Ghate. From the very moment I met him I knew this is the doctor for me. I began my treatments with injections which actually worked just fine, never once did he push surgery. Finally in June of 2015 I decided it was time to take permanent care of my left knee.He has a great bedside manner, explains the knee replacement procedure in a concise and understandable manner. Dr. Ghate always takes his time with you.
in Skokie, IL 60077 |
Dr. Ghate is a great doctor, He takes time to explain every step in the process and is incredibly patient. He took the time to follow up multiple visits even after the surgery. I'll definitely recommend him to anyone I know. Thank him again.
in Lake Forest, IL |
He took the time during surgery (2 hours longer than anticipated) to get my knee just right. It has been ten years since total replacement, and I can work out like a teenager, while I could barely walk before the surgery. Amazing.
in Wilmette, IL |
My experience with Dr. Ghate has been excellent. Since my two knee replacements, I have recommended him to a number of friends who, in turn, have been extremely satisfied with their results. He has a great bedside manner, explains the knee replacement procedure in a concise and understandable manner. Dr. Ghate always takes his time with you at your appointments. His staff is also quite helpful and courteous. I couldn't recommend a surgeon more highly.
in Mount Prospect, Il |
He has done both my complete knee replacements...he and his staff are excellent! Appointments are easy to get...wait times very minimal. His nurse is phenomenal...always returns calls, listens patiently, very reassuring and informative. He is an excellent surgeon and I felt very at ease and comfortable placing my life in his hands.
Have you seen Dr. Raju Ghate, MD?
Are you Dr. Ghate?

Skokie, IL 60076
Northwestern Memorial Hospital
251 E Huron St
Chicago, IL 60611

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists like Dr. Ghate at NorthShore University HealthSystem

Dr. Srdjan Mirkovic, MD