Dr. Rajiv Goel, MD

Orthopedic SurgeryMaleAge 53

Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Rajiv Goel, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Seattle, WA and has over 26 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Brown University in 1996. He is affiliated with Swedish First Hill Campus. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. Rajiv Goel, MD

Ahf Pharmacy

901 Boren Ave Ste 800 Seattle, WA 98104

Compare with other Orthopedic Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Goel with our nearby Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at Virginia Mason Medical Center.

Make an appointment at Virginia Mason Medical Center today at (206) 693-4972.

Filter by
Provider Ratings

These providers are on the medical staff of Virginia Mason Medical Center.

Dr. Goel's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Goel

4.4

Dr. Goel

Total ROCK STAR!
I was referred to Dr. Goel from my PCP who said there was nothing wrong with my smashed hand after she took an x-ray. After minimal manipulation and listening to my experience, Dr. Goel administered a cortisone shot and within 1 day I was virtually pain-free. It's been 6 weeks and my hand continues to heal and be virtually pain-free. THANK YOU Dr. Goel!
A VERY satisfied patient! – Aug 10, 2022
I highly recommend!!
Dr. Goel is fabulous. He listens with compassion and explains things clearly. He is also very patient with those of us who are weary of surgery. I highly recommend!!
  • Long wait times
Linda – Aug 04, 2022
Grateful physician!
Before my appointment with Dr. Goel I had seen 3 hand surgeons over the course of the last 22 years for pain (progressing in intensity) in my thumbs. I'd also received a few steroid injections along the way (got very temporary relief). I came to see Dr Goel 3 months ago when the pain was severe enough to where I thought I'd need surgery. After my first visit he made the correct diagnosis (FINALLY- after 22 years) of the root cause of my pain, recommended the appropriate thumb brace and referred me to a hand therapist. I am 'shocked' by how quickly the pain levels decreased on the correct treatment regimen. Within 2 weeks I had almost no pain with the thumb brace on, even while gardening. I can't thank Dr. Goel enough for the fact that I have no pain. I know there will be exacerbations along the way but to have pain free days again is something I'd longed for but never expected. Btw, the polite, friendly and knowledgeable office staff was an added bonus!
Mini N. – Jul 27, 2022
Awesome Surgeon
My experience with Dr. Goel was wonderful. He explained every aspect of my surgery and injury in a way that was easy to understand. He explained details in clear language with jus the right amount of technical information. He also has a great sense of humor and a kind nature.
Deenie – Jun 04, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajiv Goel, MD?
I had a finger trauma (tip cut off) when traveling overseas and my finger was pinned back together. On return to Seattle, Dr. Goel took over my care and with revision surgery, he was able to salvage the maximum length and use of my finger. He always explained the options and tradeoffs, so that I could make the best decisions. I highly recommend him.
Peter – Jun 03, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajiv Goel, MD?
Dr. Goel treated me for tennis elbow and tendonitis. He knew immediately what was wrong and unlike my family doctor, he immediately suggested for me to start hand therapy. At first I was skeptical but I can honestly say he sent me to just the right place (Danielle at Cascade Hand Therapy) and I am making excellent progress. A month in and I can write, lift and hold my phone again. Sounds ridiculous but I couldn’t even hold my phone. His office assistant, John, is very soothing and professional and they make the best team around. You won’t be disappointed!
C Taylor – Feb 25, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajiv Goel, MD?
I’m an artisan and woodworker. I depend on my hands to do my work. Unfortunately I took my hands for granted until recently. I grabbed a board and a large splinter drove itself deep in my hand down to the bone. I typically remove splinters on my own but this one went deep and remained there for many months. The pain persisted and I finally went to Dr. Goel. He was the only doctor I trusted to resolve this problem. He was a consummate professional, easy to talk to and a self described perfectionist. Our hands are a miracle of biological physics and unspeakably complex. Dr. Goel understands how they work and more importantly how to repair them when they fail us. I could not recommend Dr. Goel more highly. I’m now back to work after a remarkably short recovery.
Rob Wilkinson – Feb 06, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajiv Goel, MD?
Dr Goel is an excellent doctor and surgeon! Highly recommend! I had been having wrist/hand pain for years. After seeing another doc without success, I made an appt with Dr Goel. I was able to get an appt fairly quickly and at the first appt he spent nearly an hour listening to my past medical history, drawing pictures of the hand and wrist and coming up with a plan going forward. He ordered the correct test (MRI) and we were able to figure out the main source of my pain. He was conservative with treatment, sent me for other treatments prior to deciding on surgery and when the time came, made sure we mutually agreed surgery was the best option. Fast forward... I am 7 weeks post surgery and between that and PT my wrist hasn’t felt this good in years! Thank you Dr Goel!
Janet – Jul 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajiv Goel, MD?
When I first Dr Goel, I was there because another surgeon didn’t have the time for. Dr Goel was a miracle worker with that hand and when I had to have my other one done he was the best. He explained everything in detail, drew me a picture, suggested some exercises for me to do (my first surgeon just didn’t seem interested. I had a carpal tunnel release). He is serious and focused but also has that kind of dry personality that you’re not sure of (which I appreciate) I would recommend him to any of my family or friends. Oh and he’s not bad on the eyes either! (maybe I shouldn’t put that in the review but it’s true)
Mary – Feb 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajiv Goel, MD?
I went to Dr. Goel for a possible wrist fracture. x-rays were taken - Dr. Goel went over the x-ray carefully with me. He also explained two possible issues that could come up in the next few weeks and how to recognize them. I truly felt that my issue had been handled well, and it was a relief to know what I could possible expect when I walked out the door.
Clydia Valibeigi – Dec 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajiv Goel, MD?
Dr Goel performed the surgery for my de Quervains issue with my wrist. Dr Goel was patient and helpful with all my questions prior to the surgery. My recovery went as planned, I feel so much better after many years of pain. I highly recommend Dr Goel.
H.Wang – Aug 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajiv Goel, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Goel if you are looking for an orthopedic surgeon. I went to him twice; once for treatment of de Quervain's tenosynovitis, and once for a needle aponeurotomy treatment for Dupuytren's contracture. Both procedures went well. He took care to explain the procedures, what to look out for in the recovery period, and what to expect long-term. Dr. Goel is a good listener as well, and has a great sense of humor which made an ordeal into a more positive experience.
Mike in Seattle, WA – Jun 15, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajiv Goel, MD?
Dr Goel has treated a knee and collarbone fracture for me and a collarbone fracture for my son in the past year. He has been highly impressive in these ways: Communicating clearly what your condition is and how best to treat it explaining options you may have, listening actively to your questions and concerns, responding to them in a respectful and kind manner, and being reassuring and confident as to your treatment outcome. Additionally, Dr Goel is very personable with a good sense of humor!
Mary Edsel RInggenberg in Bellevue, WA – Jun 08, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajiv Goel, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Goel?