Dr. Rajesh Sharma, MD

Dr. Rajesh Sharma, MD

Pain Medicine  ·
Dr. Rajesh Sharma, MD is a pain medicine specialist in Boerne, TX. He specializes in pain medicine and anesthesiology.Read his story

1580 S Main St Ste 101

Boerne, TX 78006

• Ambetter
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas

Learn about Dr. Sharma

See how frequently Dr. Sharma performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Benign Chronic Pain Syndrome
Chronic Pain
Low Back Pain

Dr. Sharma's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Sharma's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Sharma "My training began in New Jersey, where I completed a full residency in Internal Medicine at the Jersey Shore University Medical Center. That experience allowed a deep understanding of the complexities of the human condition that I would face throughout my career. While at the famed Cook County Hospital in Chicago, I completed a residency in Anesthesiology. I was faced with the challenges of a busy, exciting operating room. Trauma, complex cases, and the opportunity to train with a world class health care team helped shape the type of physician I am today. Remaining at 'the County' to complete my fellowship was one of the most rewarding experiences I have had during my training. Taking care of patients from all walks of life and circumstances, under very challenging conditions taught me dedication, resilience, and perseverance. I entered private practice after completion of my fellowship in 2011 and have been striving to bring about the greatest level of functionality and quality of life for my patients. What brought me down to San Antonio? I first came down to Texas after being awarded a scholarship by the American Pain Society to attend their annual meeting in Austin during Fellowship. After that experience I waited for my chance to come back for good. When the opportunity to join a practice in San Antonio arose, I could not wait to return. My wife and I have been here since March of 2015. After spending some time within a group practice, it became clear to me that the best way to be able to serve my patients the way I truly want to would mean having to go out on my own."

This content was provided by Dr. Sharma "A passion for helping others led me down the path of Medicine into a career that allows me to provide my patients with high quality healthcare. As a professional Pain Management Physician with extensive training and experience, I bring a holistic approach to medicine in order to find comfortable and effective solutions for everyone.I am Board Certified by the American Board of Anesthesiology for Anesthesiology and Pain Management. I have completed residencies in Internal Medicine and Anesthesiology and have also completed a fellowship in Interventional Pain Management.

I started 'Alliance Spine and Pain Management' to create the kind of partnership with my patients that will improve symptoms, create better functionality, and promote a superior quality of life. I believe that the greater understanding my patients have of their condition, the better position they are in to cope. Knowledge is power, and I empower my patients to the best of my ability."

• Pain Medicine

• Jersey Shore University Medical Center
  • John H Stroger Jr Hospital Of Cook County
  • John H Stroger Jr Hospital Of Cook County
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Sharma has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Sharma does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sharma and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Sharma's Reviews

3.8
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sharma to family and friends

Dr. Sharma's Performance

Dr. Sharma not only listens, but actually hears my concerns. His approach makes me very comfortable to talk to him and let him know how things are really going. Doctor Sharma and his staff are accessible and follow up whenever I call, even if I leave a message. Though not always pleasant, the...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option1
He is very kind and compassionate when you are in the room, however, if you need something done outside that time, he "might" remember in a week! I once complained how his Medical Assistant never returned numerous calls, only to actually hear him tell her, "Oh, she complained about you not...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option8thumbs down icon option13