Dr. Rajesh Mehta, MD

Dr. Rajesh Mehta, MD

Gastroenterology  ·

Dr. Rajesh Mehta, MD is a gastroenterology specialist in Austin, TX and has been practicing for 31 years. He specializes in gastroenterology and internal medicine.

Lone Star Gastroenterology

4007 James Casey St Ste C210

Austin, TX 78745

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Anthem
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Health Net
  • Mutual of Omaha

Learn about Dr. Mehta

See how frequently Dr. Mehta performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Abdominal Disorders
Hemorrhoids
Gastritis

Dr. Mehta's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Mehta "I care for my patients as if they were family. I also believe in up-to-date, advanced medicine and technology, because what the mind doesn't know, the eye doesn't see. Dr. Mehta received the "Best Gastroenterologist in the Ohio Valley" award for nine straight years in his previous practice in Gastroenterology/HepatologyHe also served as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine, West Virginia University Medical School, Morgantown, WVA."

• Gastroenterology

• Cook County Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1987
  • Wayne State University
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Mehta has no media or publications listed.

• Hindi

Dr. Mehta does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mehta and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

St. David's Medical Center

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
America's 50 Best Hospitals Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Mehta is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View awards

Dr. Mehta's Reviews

4.2
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mehta to family and friends

Dr. Mehta's Performance

Today I met Dr. Mehta and he immediately made me feel comfortable. His staff was so nice and accommodating. I am happy to have found such a kind, compassionate and very good doctor.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr, Mehta is my Gastro doctor. He is very professional and I absolutely love him. He takes the time to listen to my concerns and issues! He has wonderful bedside manners and takes great care ensuring I felt comfortable with my appointments. -Darlene Brown
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I donot have to express my feeling adequately for Dr Mehta. I have been followed by him for 2years. I had abdominal pain for years. I have seen various GI doctors in Austin and Dallas. Nobody diagnosed me correctly. Dr Mehta listened, reviewed my records, ran some tests and diagnosed me . I am...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr. Mehta has been my Gastroenterologist for 4-5 years. He took over the practice of Dr Nancy Matteer. She was a wonderful Dr and I thought there would be no one as great as her. Dr Mehta exceeded my expectations as my new gastroenterologist! He is every bit as caring and likable as she was. I will...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I made a new patient appointment with Dr. Mehta and was glad to get an appointment within a week. I was optimistic, as every other GI has simply thrown an IBS diagnoses and meds at me, takes forever to respond, and generally doesn't seem to be bothered by my rapid weight loss and malnutrition...more
Are you Dr. Mehta?