Dr. Rajesh Janardhanan, MD

Cardiology •  Male • Age 51

Dr. Janardhanan
1501 N Campbell Ave # 245037 Tucson, AZ 85724

Dr. Rajesh Janardhanan, MD is a Cardiology Specialist in Tucson, AZ. He is affiliated with medical facilities Banner - University Medical Center South and Banner University Medical Center Tucson. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Janardhanan to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Cardiology Specialists in your area

See similar Cardiology Specialists in Tucson

• Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews
  • Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Dr. Janardhanan accepts

Dr. Janardhanan accepts the following insurance:

Whole Health Banner Health Network HMO
National (BlueCard) PPO
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Arizona

Check Dr. Janardhanan's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Janardhanan's Top Procedures and Conditions

Cardiac MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) of Heart or Chest

Dr. Janardhanan performs Cardiac MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) of Heart or Chest more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Janardhanan performs this procedure more than 100% of his peers

Chest CT (incl. Heart and Lungs)

Dr. Janardhanan performs Chest CT (incl. Heart and Lungs) more than 94% of his peers

Dr. Janardhanan performs this procedure more than 94% of his peers

• Aortic Valve Regurgitation
  • Arrhythmias
  • Atrial Fibrillation
  • Atrial Flutter
  • Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
  • Cardiac Electrophysiology
  • Cardiovascular Stress Test
  • Cardioversion, Elective
  • Cardioverter-Defibrillator or Pacemaker Insertion, Removal or Repair
  • Carotid Artery Disease
  • Chest CT (incl. Heart and Lungs)
  • Chest Pain
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Congenital Aortic Valve Disorders
  • Congenital Heart Defects
  • Congenital Heart Disease
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Coronary Artery Aneurysm
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Endocarditis
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Disease
  • Tricuspid Valve Disease

Dr. Janardhanan's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Janardhanan

Dr. Janardhanan?
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (45)
  • Explained conditions well (45)
  • Listened & answered questions (45)
  • Long wait times (29)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (1)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (1)
I had done my homework by checking reviews and narrowing the search by health care providers, insurance and education. So, the day comes to meet Dr. J, and I am greeted by his RMA Madicella, who is wonderful, cheerful and very professional. She lets me know if I have any questions or concerns to contact her directly and hands me her card. This makes me feel at ease! A few minutes later I meet Dr. J, who is very down to earth, asks questions and let's me answer them. He suggests a few tests be done, fully explaining why and the reasons for doing the tests. He reassures me that coming to see him was a valuable step in taking care of my heart health. The following day he texts me to check-in, was I was able to set up the necessary appointments - WOW! If I had any doubts about Dr. J, that check-in text sealed my opinion for sure! I made the right decision and so will you, if you choose Dr. Janardhanan - hands down #1 doctor in my book!????
Linda Krueger – Sep 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajesh Janardhanan, MD?
Dr J has been my cardiologist for going on 5 years now and I am very thankful to have him. He provides care that goes above and beyond my expectations. He is quick to get me into clinic and address my immediate needs. He explains his plan for care in a way that I can understand and most Importantly, he always always, always follows up. I can’t say enough wonderful things about him. If you are looking for a smart and caring cardiologist, look no further than Dr. Raj Janardhanan. I trust this doctor with my whole heart!!
Jul 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajesh Janardhanan, MD?
Dr. J is not only a top notch doctor, he and his entire team go out of their way to be accommodating. I am a retired health system CEO and I have never encountered such clinical competence coupled with extraordinary customer service in my 37 years in healthcare Would not consider going anywhere else.
J. Ashin – Jun 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajesh Janardhanan, MD?
Dr. J is a top notch caring doctor. He has exceeded all my expectations of a doctor. He is responsive, available, and will explain things in terms that you can understand. I have already told all my family and friends that if they ever need a cardiologist, they have to see Dr. Janardhanan!
Vicki Waller in Tucson, AZ – Jan 31, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajesh Janardhanan, MD?
I recently had a MRI and CT of my heart at Banner Health that were overseen by Dr. Janardhanan and my care was exemplary. Dr. Janardhanan was very accommodating to schedule both exams together in a time frame that worked for me (the patient). He's very easy to communicate with and is very attentive. His staff also was very caring and attentive to my needs. I would highly recommend Dr. Janardhanan to anyone who needs cardiac testing and care. Thank you
Patricia L – Jan 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajesh Janardhanan, MD?
Dr J is the most dedicated, thorough doctor a patient could ask for. I am his patient and I am a nurse- I can say I dont see Drs that communicate as well as Dr J does with his patients. He takes the time to explain things,his staff is on point. My Dr at Cleveland Clinic, OH referred me to him and I am so very happy!
  • Long wait times
Michelle B – Dec 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajesh Janardhanan, MD?
I am so grateful for the care I have received from Dr. Rajesh Janardhanan and his team. My previous cardiologist retired and Dr. J took over my care. Although I would rather not have the need of a cardiologist, I would recommend him to everyone in need. He and his team have proved to be caring, competent, and thorough in determining my issues. It was very comforting that he always stayed in contact with me as I went through the diagnostic processes. He has communicated quickly and has been educationally informative after every test and procedure. I could not have asked for a more caring, knowledgeable, and competent cardiologist.
J. Wolf – Dec 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajesh Janardhanan, MD?
Dr. J is a thorough and thoughtful communicator. The care he has shown my dad has been remarkable and we are grateful to be under his guidance. He is able to explain complicated medical procedures carefully and he communicates well the pros and cons of various treatment options.
Sep 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajesh Janardhanan, MD?
After going through two other doctors and coming to this one I have now found my doctor for life, Dr, J is the most dedicated, compassionate, and caring doctor, I know I am in good hands now,
  • Long wait times
Robert in Tucson, AZ – Aug 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajesh Janardhanan, MD?
Dr. J was very responsive the first day I reached out to him regarding our daughter who lives in Tuscon.. He has to be the most responsive Dr. I have ever been in contact with. I contacted him directly because after reading reviews I felt he was the best choice for my daughter who lives in Tucson AZ. My husband and I live in NJ so its difficult to find someone not being there to help our daughter. Well Dr. J was so responsive and willing to help our daughter right off the bat. Even though our daughter has not seen Dr. J yet I have no doubt he will take care of her the best he can. Communication is key and he over exceeds in this area. Thank you Dr. J for your help in answering any of our concerns.
Jun 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajesh Janardhanan, MD?
Dr. J has been excellent! My husband contacted him and his team for a 3rd expert opinion on this rare diagnosis. He was incredibly responsive via email and we decided to drive out from California for a specialized MRI. Upon meeting Dr.J in person we felt we were in great hands because of his knowledge, how he explained things, how he went to bat for us since we are paying out of pocket and his personal communication. We are extremely pleased with Dr J and recommend him highly!
Mary-Beth Dunn in San Diego, CA – Jun 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajesh Janardhanan, MD?
Dr. Janardhanan is an exceptional doctor and human being. His professionalism, compassion and good nature make him highly relatable and help put his patients at ease during often stressful situations. He communicates thoroughly and ensures you have all the information you need to have a successful recovery. In my case, he has gone far beyond my expectations, making sure I have the information I need to continue my care with other specialists. I highly recommend Dr. J. Anyone would be very fortunate to be in his care.
May 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajesh Janardhanan, MD?
Dr J is wonderful. He is very thorough and listens well. Great bedside manner and I never felt rushed like I have with previous cardiologists. I feel very confident in the care he is providing me.
Heidi in Tucson , AZ – Mar 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajesh Janardhanan, MD?
Have you ever had a doctor call you the same day you had an appointment to ask if you and your spouse understood all that was discussed or had any additional questions? We never had but this has happened several times since my husband began seeing Dr. J. And even more important, after years of having doctors send us home with yet more drugs, Dr. J was more interested in discovering what was causing the problem. For the first time I have confidence that all will be well. Thank you Dr. J!
Wendell Lutz in Tucson, AZ – Feb 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajesh Janardhanan, MD?
I saw Dr. J on December 26th for a cardiac MRI. He was very thorough and communication was fantastic. He let me know the results through a phone call and text. I had a follow up with him January 31, 2019. He explained my condition in great detail and in terms I could understand. He answered all my questions. Dr. J is a one of a kind doctor. He is compassionate and caring. I would highly recommend him. Tucson is lucky to have a doctor of his caliber.
Vicki in Tucson, AZ – Feb 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajesh Janardhanan, MD?
I first met Dr."J" seeking a 2nd opinion and I'm so happy I did. The speed and efficiency of his staff arranging this and subsequent tests was just incredible. Most importantly to me is the way Dr."J" treated me as a patient. I felt like why I was there and my lifestyle were important to him. He listened to my concerns and wasn't just looking at the numbers. He agreed with the first opinion I got but I felt so much more comfortable with his explanations and course of treatment. Highly Recommend!
William Scott in Tucson, AZ – Oct 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajesh Janardhanan, MD?
Dr. Janardhanan is considerate, explains medical terms in such a way that an ordinary person can understand, listens to questions and takes enough time to answer clearly, has a genuine smile, and takes an interest in the patient. He is intelligent and competent. He is a great credit to the hospital and the medical field.
Adolph Curry in Tucson, Arizona – Jan 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajesh Janardhanan, MD?
Dr. J was involved with two procedures I had. In both cases he was very professional and personable. His level of involvement, communication and follow up throughout was impressive. I would definitely recommend him for your cardiology related issues.
Chris in Phoenix – Jan 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajesh Janardhanan, MD?
Dr. Janardhanan was recommended to me by a neighbor who had a serious cardiac issue. I couldn’t be more pleased. His knowledge is comprehensive, and he can explain very complex conditions well, so you can truly understand what is wrong, and discuss options, knowing that you have the correct facts. He is very diligent about getting all of the facts, and working with the numbers, as well as your reaction and condition, in diagnosing and treating the issue. I couldn’t recommend him more highly.
Tucson, AZ – Oct 19, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajesh Janardhanan, MD?
I cannot say enough about how extremely grateful we are for the support and compassion of this most amazing kind human being. Dr.Raj has walked me and my family through a most grueling ordeal with my then 16 year old grandson. His optimism and knowledge never wavered. Although we have never met in person , we know this man as our most valued friend . He is a great blessing to the profession and anyone who is lucky enough to know him.
Janine Fishman/ Matthew Ahearn in West Islip, NY – Aug 30, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajesh Janardhanan, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Janardhanan?

• Cardiology