Dr. Rajesh Janardhanan, MD

Cardiology ·  Male · Age 50

Dr. Janardhanan

Dr. Rajesh Janardhanan, MD is a cardiology specialist in Tucson, AZ and has been practicing for 13 years. He graduated from Thiruvananthapuram Medical College in 1994 and specializes in cardiology and internal medicine.

Make an appointment

Dr. Janardhanan accepts

Dr. Janardhanan accepts the following insurance:

Whole Health Banner Health Network HMO

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Arizona

Check Dr. Janardhanan's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Janardhanan's Top Procedures and Conditions

Cardiac MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) of Heart or Chest

Dr. Janardhanan performs Cardiac MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) of Heart or Chest more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Janardhanan performs this procedure more than 100% of his peers

Chest CT (incl. Heart and Lungs)

Dr. Janardhanan performs Chest CT (incl. Heart and Lungs) more than 94% of his peers

Dr. Janardhanan performs this procedure more than 94% of his peers

• Aortic Valve Regurgitation
  • Arrhythmias
  • Atrial Fibrillation
  • Atrial Flutter
  • Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
  • Cardiac Electrophysiology
  • Cardiovascular Stress Test
  • Cardioversion, Elective
  • Cardioverter-Defibrillator or Pacemaker Insertion, Removal or Repair
  • Carotid Artery Disease
  • Chest CT (incl. Heart and Lungs)
  • Chest Pain
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Congenital Aortic Valve Disorders
  • Congenital Heart Defects
  • Congenital Heart Disease
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Coronary Artery Aneurysm
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Endocarditis
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Disease

Dr. Janardhanan?
Dr. Janardhanan's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Rajesh Janardhanan, MD
RecentMost Helpful
Dr J is wonderful. He is very thorough and listens well. Great bedside manner and I never felt rushed like I have with previous cardiologists. I feel very confident in the care he is providing me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajesh Janardhanan, MD?
Have you ever had a doctor call you the same day you had an appointment to ask if you and your spouse understood all that was discussed or had any additional questions? We never had but this has happened several times since my husband began seeing Dr. J. And even more important, after years of having doctors send us home with yet more drugs, Dr. J was more interested in discovering what was causing the problem. For the first time I have confidence that all will be well. Thank you Dr. J!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajesh Janardhanan, MD?
I saw Dr. J on December 26th for a cardiac MRI. He was very thorough and communication was fantastic. He let me know the results through a phone call and text. I had a follow up with him January 31, 2019. He explained my condition in great detail and in terms I could understand. He answered all my questions. Dr. J is a one of a kind doctor. He is compassionate and caring. I would highly recommend him. Tucson is lucky to have a doctor of his caliber.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajesh Janardhanan, MD?
I first met Dr."J" seeking a 2nd opinion and I'm so happy I did. The speed and efficiency of his staff arranging this and subsequent tests was just incredible. Most importantly to me is the way Dr."J" treated me as a patient. I felt like why I was there and my lifestyle were important to him. He listened to my concerns and wasn't just looking at the numbers. He agreed with the first opinion I got but I felt so much more comfortable with his explanations and course of treatment. Highly Recommend!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajesh Janardhanan, MD?
Dr. Janardhanan is considerate, explains medical terms in such a way that an ordinary person can understand, listens to questions and takes enough time to answer clearly, has a genuine smile, and takes an interest in the patient. He is intelligent and competent. He is a great credit to the hospital and the medical field.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajesh Janardhanan, MD?
Dr. J was involved with two procedures I had. In both cases he was very professional and personable. His level of involvement, communication and follow up throughout was impressive. I would definitely recommend him for your cardiology related issues.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajesh Janardhanan, MD?
Dr. Janardhanan was recommended to me by a neighbor who had a serious cardiac issue. I couldn’t be more pleased. His knowledge is comprehensive, and he can explain very complex conditions well, so you can truly understand what is wrong, and discuss options, knowing that you have the correct facts. He is very diligent about getting all of the facts, and working with the numbers, as well as your reaction and condition, in diagnosing and treating the issue. I couldn’t recommend him more highly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajesh Janardhanan, MD?
I cannot say enough about how extremely grateful we are for the support and compassion of this most amazing kind human being. Dr.Raj has walked me and my family through a most grueling ordeal with my then 16 year old grandson. His optimism and knowledge never wavered. Although we have never met in person , we know this man as our most valued friend . He is a great blessing to the profession and anyone who is lucky enough to know him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajesh Janardhanan, MD?
A wonderful cardiologist. Dr. J is highly knowledgeable, compassionate and caring. He explains his recommendations clearly, taking as much time as needed to ensure you understand recommended procedures, results and options. Dr. J builds patient confidence and understanding through his excellent communication skills. Highly recommended!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajesh Janardhanan, MD?
Dr.Janardhanan has been my cardiologist for three years. He has and still is helping me understand and deal with my particular heart issues and treatment.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajesh Janardhanan, MD?
Dr. J is knowledgeable, thorough, personable, and very thoughtful. Dr. J has excellent interactions with his patients and their families and loved ones. He explained my test results to my husband and I thoroughly and in a lay a lay person could understand. My husband and I both are in the medical profession and Dr. J was eager to teach us something new which we both really appreciated. The entire staff at his practice are great at their jobs. I would highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajesh Janardhanan, MD?
Dr.Janardhanan is a knowledgeable, compassionate, responsive physician with a warm and pleasant demeanor. He really listens to and genuinely cares about his patients. He is very accessible and welcomes and fully answers questions.   You do NOT feel rushed. His assistant RN Barbara Leonard is readily available at all times to be helpful and provide professional advice also as well as provide access to DR.J if needed. Obviously this is very reassuring and unique in my experience
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajesh Janardhanan, MD?
Dr. J is a very caring and hands on doctor. He found a blood clot in my daughters heart and got test scheduled right away. He has personally called and has sent text messages concerning her care. He has also consulted with other doctors concerning her care to make sure that the right choice has been made. I would recommend Dr. J to anyone looking for a cardiologist.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajesh Janardhanan, MD?
I worked with Dr J for about 1 year and I absolutely loved working with him. He is the one that you want taking care of your family member Well, on Monday, March 13th, I got to see him from that perspective when my sister was admitted with shortness of breath and suspicions of a heart attack. And let me tell you, I adore him even more now. If you or any of your family members needs a cardiologist, you will be VERY lucky if it's Dr J!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajesh Janardhanan, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Janardhanan when my afib and mitral regurg required expert medical attention. He has performed several procedures to regulate my afib and prepare for the mitral valve repair. Dr. Janardhanan has been professional, thorough, and has kept me and my family well-informed. I have been receiving excellent care from Dr. Janardhanan, he is the most responsive doctor that I have ever had.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajesh Janardhanan, MD?
I received excellent care from Dr. Janardhanan and his team.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajesh Janardhanan, MD?
Cordial, caring, and comprehensive are three words that best describe my judgment of Dr. Raj Janardhanan (Dr. J). I am a relatively new patient (four months) but I am an experienced user of medical services, particularly cardiologists, because of my cardiovascular conditions. Noteworthy in this first meeting was his emphasis on my assessment of him and his methods. He specifically reminded me several times that I was the decision maker and completely empowered to make the choices.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajesh Janardhanan, MD?
Dr.J is the most available and responsive Doctor that I have ever had the opportunity to treat me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajesh Janardhanan, MD?
"Dr. J" was the most knowledgeable, considerate, and empathic cardiologist my 86-year old mother has seen since her heart problems were first diagnosed last March. Our whole family appreciates his accessibility, his rationality, and his calm demeanor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajesh Janardhanan, MD?
Dr. Janardhanan took over my care when my echo showed that my mitral regurg had reached a critical point. He has since performed a TEE, CT and MRI in preparation for valve repair. Throughout, he has been professional, thorough, and has kept me well-informed, making sure I understood every step of the process.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Janardhanan?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Janardhanan treats patients.

Compare Providers