Dr. Rajesh Agrawal, MD

Dr. Rajesh Agrawal, MD

Cardiovascular & Pulmonary DiseasesMaleAge 64

Dr. Rajesh Agrawal, MD is a Cardiovascular & Pulmonary Disease Specialist in Pinellas Park, FL. Dr. Agrawal has more experience with Sleep Apnea, Obstructive Lung Disease, and Respiratory Tract Conditions than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as St. Petersburg General Hospital and Largo Medical Center. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Agrawal to book an appointment.

American Lung & Sleep Disorder Consultants

American Lung & Sleep Disorder Consultants6223 66th St N Pinellas Park, FL 33781

Hospital Highlight

Affiliated with St. Petersburg General Hospital Saint Petersburg, a highly rated hospital.

• Easy Scheduling Patients said scheduling was easy. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Agrawal's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Agrawal

3.2

Dr. Agrawal
Meant to say in previous review, he favorite hospital is NORTHSIDE!
Caroline L Cooke – Sep 22, 2021
Dr Agrawal is the best. He has. Always listened to me about any problems with my lungs and has immediately helped. He also explains what's wrong and why he is treating your lung issue in the way he is so you understand.I have been able to live my life again. He is a miracle worker.
Carolyn Marlin – Sep 20, 2021
I feel bad giving a poor review to Dr. Agrawal's practice because he is kind and caring, but a very wise person told me once that you can tell how good a doctor is by the staff that he employs. If that's the case, then please avoid the American Lung & Sleep Disorder Clinic and Dr. Rajesh Agrawal. His staff is rude, indifferent to your problems and certainly will not go out of their way to help Dr. Agrawal's patients. The techs at the clinic are cranky and have zero patience when it comes to administering breathing tests which can be very traumatic when you're having trouble breathing in the first place. When it came to getting equipment that Dr. Agrawal was prescribing me, the staff basically told that I was on my own when it came to dealing with the insurance companies and the equipment businesses. I was thrown off by their lack of caring. It really hurt me to know I had no help getting equipment I was told my life depended on.
Jul 21, 2021
Yes he is attentive caring compassionate great bedside manner awesome Dr
Jean – Jul 15, 2021
One of the smartest doctors I know. 2 times has saved my life thru his skills. Tks doc
joseph g brinkman – Apr 20, 2021
I went into Largo Medical n had Covid pneumonia. Gosh what do I say??? This Dr along with the grace of God gave me a chance at life. This is one of the most dedicated Drs that I have ever know. I could go on and on but Dr agrawal is it in my book and I will be eternally grateful
Charlotte Smith – Jan 30, 2021
I cannot believe it! Doctor spent 90 seconds with me. Actually not answers, no help.
Jan 15, 2021
This doctor deserves no stars.This doctor is not attentive and will leave you in patient room and run in to another patient room when he has not finished with you.This doctor refused to complete paperwork for medication he has recommended and he and his office staff are extremely unprofessional....RUN AWAY FROM THIS DR OFFICE.
Charmaine Bartholomew – Nov 09, 2020
Very compassionate,attentive,personable & knowledgeable doctor. Staff is courteous & helpful. Highly recommend him
Aug 09, 2020
First time new patient, He came in didn't ask anything about me. Just ask what my problem was. Didn't look at me at all. To busy writing down in my chart. Didn't tell me anything about what he thought my problem was. He spent a total of 3minutes and 48secs. I know, I secretly timed it on my phone. He rushed me out of the room and said he would see me back in a month...A MONTH! He didn't impress me at all. Very rude to be frank.
Unhappy New Patient – Jun 25, 2020
6 hours post major cardio thoracic surgery and the doctor will not answer the nurses on call pages. Loved one cannot have visitors due to covid and is in horrendous pain.
Apr 22, 2020
Dr. Agrawal is one of the best doctors I know. I have a rare lung disease and he has taken great care of me. I will remain his patient for as long as I can. He really cares about his patients and care of them.
Mar 20, 2020
He was wife attending physician ( doctor on record) at Northside Hospital because her doctor did not use that hospital. If you find out he is doing that for you or someone you know ASK for another doctor because he drops in on you and stays less that a minute and does not explain anything. He just goes off and write orders not telling you anything or he tells you one thing then changes his mind without telling you. Not Good.
Steve – Apr 13, 2019
My experience with Dr agrawal was absolutely fantastic. I was very impressed with his attentiveness, the thoroughness of the examination, he explained everything and took his time. He never was in a rush.. The office staff is also excellent. I also had a procedure in the hospital a couple of weeks ago and he came in before they put me to sleep and talk with me. I couldn't ask for a better doctor. One of the best I've ever been to
Gloria Simpson in Pinellas Park, FL – Jan 22, 2019
Our assigned doctor at Largo Med. Hospital was Dr. Agrawal. I have Power of Attorney and in charge of my mother’s health due to dementia, I was never once contacted about what he was doing for my mother. I spoke with the nurses daily for 12 days but wanted to speak to Dr. Agrawal. I gave my home phone number and my cell phone number to all of the nurses on all the shifts to tell the doctor to contact me. He never did! He told several nurses he would contact me but he never did for 12 days!
  • Long wait times
Because of Dr. Agrawal’s lack of communication and in Largo, FL – Dec 12, 2018
I had my first appointment with him...and I thought he was OK...His staff was very nice...Time will tell...
Charlie D in FL – Jul 30, 2018
This physician is rude and lacks basic patient communication skills. He discusses patients diagnoses in the hallway where others can her and see the involved patient. He says he treats infectious disease and is not even board certified in infectious disease. His staff is extremely rude, just like him. Would never send anyone to this doctor.
St. Petersburg florida – Feb 25, 2018
I don’t understand the negative reviews. Dr. Agrawal saw me twice in the hospital, and an associate saw me on Christmas Day. Although I haven’t had an initial appointment with him yet, it’s because I was in the hospital with severe asthma. Both he and his associate listened and took what was happening with me seriously. They both had excellent suggestions and seem eager to help me. I’m very pleased to have him on my medical team.
Susan Setley in St. Petersburg, Florida – Dec 26, 2017
My husband was admitted to the hospital for acute influenza pneumonia. He was in the hospital 5 days. Dr. Agrwawal had been ASSIGNED to be the attending physician during the hospital stay. He never showed up until the last day when I had my husband discharged against medical advice. When the doctor finally saw him, he didn't even have a stethoscope with him. His nurse practitioner saw my husband 1 time, didn't touch him or listen to his chest and proceeded to order incorrect medication.
Pinellas Park – Dec 09, 2017
Dr Agrawal doesn't seem to be able to relate to the concerns of his patients. He doesn't seem to have any empathy.
Lorraine in Clearwater – Nov 21, 2017

How was your experience with Dr. Agrawal?

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Frequently Treated by Dr. Agrawal

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Agrawal treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Agrawal treats other conditions, please contact the office at (727) 528-4900.

Sleep Apnea

Sleep-disordered breathing specialists diagnose and treat conditions, such as snoring or obstructive sleep apnea, in which breathing is interrupted during sleep, resulting in symptoms of fatigue, irritability and high blood pressure.Compare with other Sleep Apnea specialists.

Dr. Agrawal is experienced in the area of Sleep Apnea. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 2 conditions and procedures

Sleep Apnea
Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP)
Sleep Study

Obstructive Lung Disease

Obstructive lung disease specialists diagnose and treat conditions including COPD, emphysema, asthma and cystic fibrosis that cause blockages or narrowing in the airways of the lungs, making breathing difficult.Compare with other Obstructive Lung Disease specialists.

Dr. Agrawal is experienced in the area of Obstructive Lung Disease. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 5 conditions and procedures

Similar Providers
COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
Asthma
Emphysema
Bronchiectasis

Respiratory Tract Conditions

Immunologists diagnose and treat conditions such as pneumonia, bronchitis, and COPD that affect the respiratory system, including the nasal passages, bronchi and lungs.Compare with other Respiratory Tract Conditions specialists.

Dr. Agrawal is experienced in the area of Respiratory Tract Conditions. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 35 conditions and procedures

• Acute Bronchitis
  • Acute Pharyngitis
  • Acute Upper Respiratory Infection
  • Alkalosis
  • Arterial Blood Gas Test (ABG)
  • Asbestosis
  • Bronchoscopy
  • Bronchospasm
  • Central Line Insertion
  • Chest Tube Insertion
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Collapsed Lung (Pneumothorax)
  • Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP)
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Cough
  • Partial Lung Collapse
  • Pleural Effusion
  • Pneumoconiosis and Pneumonopathy
  • Pneumonia
  • Pneumonitis (Due to Solids or Liquids)
  • Primary Pulmonary Hypertension
  • Tuberculosis
  • Viral Infection
  • Wheezing

Dr. Agrawal accepts

Dr. Agrawal accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage
Preferred PPO
Select HMO

We strive to form a lasting partnership between patient and physician to jointly meet your health needs.

• Cardiovascular & Pulmonary Diseases