Cataract Surgery  |
Dr. Rajen Desai, MD
Rajen Desai MD is a board certified cataract and glaucoma surgeon with the Witlin Center for Advanced Eye Care. Dr. Desai graduated Phi Beta Kappa with a B.S. from Stanford University, followed by a M.D. from the Stanford School of Medicine. He completed residency, chief residency, and glaucoma fellowship at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago. With over 14 years of experience in vision research, Dr. Desai has produced over 40 peer-reviewed publications and presentations across the country, earning the 2013 Society of Heed Fellows Award, one of only 5 honorees in the nation. Dr. Desai brings the latest advances of vision research to the operating room, including laser-assisted cataract surgery and minimally invasive glaucoma surgery. Passionate about producing excellent surgical outcomes and explaining surgical decisions, he received both the "Patients' Choice Award" and the "Best Teacher of Medical Students Award." Other physicians, optometrists, and nurses have trusted Dr. Desai to perform cataract and glaucoma surgery on their own parents' eyes. He is a member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology, the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons, and the American Glaucoma Society.

Witlin Center for Advanced Eye Care

• Medicare
  • Oxford Health Plans
  • WellCare

Learn about Dr. Desai

My goal is to provide compassionate, state-of-the-art ophthalmic care which starts with listening to my patient, patient education, and treating each patient as I would my own family.

Dr. Desai's Experience

Dr. Desai's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Cataract Surgery

• Glaucoma Treatment
  • Laser Cataract Surgery
  • Sutureless Cataract Surgery
  • YAG Laser Capsulotomy

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• Stanford Univ
  • Northwestern U-Northwestern Meml Hosp
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2013
  • Northwestern U-Northwestern Meml Hosp
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2014

Dr. Desai has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Desai does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Desai and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Desai's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Desai to family and friends
Dr. Desai's Performance
New York, NY |
Dr. Dessie is amazing! He was able to see me last minute for my itchy, swollen eyes and he knew what the problem was right away. He is extremely friendly and patient (I had my one year old with me and she wasn't a happy camper) but he was very patient with her and I. I will definitely be seeing him again for any eye issues. Highly recommend.
Hampton Bays, NY |
Wonderful, kind, patient eye doctor. He performed two cataract surgeries on my mom and her vision has never been better. He explains everything clearly and made each post ob visit a pleasure. He treated my 86 year old mom with such a supportive, gentle approach that she was quickly ready to attend her doctor appointments. He is a wonderful person and is an exemplar for all health care professionals...all doctors should be like him.
in Far Rockaway |
I have met Dr. Desai about 3-4 years ago and my experience with him has been excellent. Dr.Desai is a doctor anyone with an eye problem should see, he's kind, friendly,manerly,and very knowledgeable, he's the kind of doctor that answers your questions and make you feel comfortable he explains the procedure so that you can understand. He has done two surgeries for me of which I was very comfortable and they were very successful I had no problems during nor after I would highly recommend him.
in Brooklyn, NY |
Dr. Desai is phenomenal! He is what doctors are supposed to be - considerate, helpful, caring, concerned, and of course, brilliant.
Brooklyn, NY |
Dr. Desai possessed good bed-side manners. Explanation of what is expected before and after Surgery During and after the procedure there was no pain. Postop was excellent It was very gratifying to have Dr Desai to perform my Cataract surgery.
in Brooklyn, NY |
I am a patient of Dr. Desai, Hear are some of the qualities I find with Dr. Desai's treatment: Professional, courteous, diagnostic confidence that lead to successful results from his treatment, empathy.
in New York, NY |
I met with Dr. Desai for an emergency eye visit today. I was so impressed with his knowledge and bedside manner. He personally made sure I was ok as I walked in and immediately made me feel at ease. His knowledge of my issue was outstanding. i did not know kind people like this still exist. I am truly thankful that I met him today! I will be sending all my friends and family to him, he is outstanding! I highly highly recommend if you need a great, knoweledgable and kind hearted doctor!
in New York, NY |
Brooklyn, NY |
I have NOT had enough experience with the doctor's time to express an in depth opinion.
Have you seen Dr. Rajen Desai, MD?
Are you Dr. Desai?