Dr. Rajen Desai, MD

Dr. Desai
Telehealth services available

Witlin Center For Advancd Eye Care, East Brunswick, NJ

385 State Route 18 East Brunswick, NJ 08816

Dr. Rajen Desai, MD is a Cataract Surgery Specialist in East Brunswick, NJ. He is affiliated with medical facilities Centrastate Medical Center and Ocean Medical Center. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Desai to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Cataract Surgery Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth

• YAG Iridotomy
  • YAG Laser Capsulotomy
  • YAG Laser Therapy for the Anterior Segment

Dr. Desai accepts

Dr. Desai accepts the following insurance:

Amerihealth
QualCare PPO

Dr. Desai's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Desai

Dr. Desai?
WOULD RECOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE WHO HAS TO HAVE SURGERY, DID SUCH A GREAT JOB, I RECOMMEND HIM TO ALL MY FRIENDS, MAKES YOU FEEL SO COMFORTABLE, AND RELAXED
WILLIAM J KATONA – Sep 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajen Desai, MD?
Most pleasant and comfortable experience. I will recommend to anyone.
Pradyumna Patel – Aug 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajen Desai, MD?
Dr. Desai operated on my cataracts last year. I have had no problems or issues since then. I went back for my yearly checkup and he was personable and as sincere as he was when he operated on me.
Norma Shapiro – Aug 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajen Desai, MD?
I was quite calm on the day of surgery, because of my confidence in Dr. Desai, and his full explanation of the surgical procedure for glaucoma. It was interesting that although I was awake throughout, I was totally comfortable.
Jul 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajen Desai, MD?
Dr. Desai is just wonderful! I was scared to get cataract surgery. Infact I had it scheduled months before and chickened out! When I rescheduled, I met with Dr. Desai. He explained everything that would happen. He said he would take care of me and he did. The day of the surgery, he met with me while I was in prep to calm my nerves. Once in the surgery room he talked me through it. I was waiting for Dr Desai to say he was starting. To my surprise he said he was done!! I did not feel a thing!! It was as perfect as it could get. Thanks Dr. Desai for doing a great job and putting me at ease. You are a wonderful person and Doctor. Thank you!!!
Delta Hazell – Apr 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajen Desai, MD?
Great experience and an amazing doctor with a great personality
Apr 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajen Desai, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Desai for about less than a year for my Glaucoma condition. I am very pleased with him as a person and with his tremendous knowledge about my eye problems. He has performed glaucoma tube surgeries of my eye and saved me from getting blind and changed combinations of drops to keep my Glaucoma from getting worse. I would highly recommend him to anyone with my condition. He is very humble, caring and understanding. I have not seen any doctor like him in my entire life.
Apr 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajen Desai, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Desai for a few years. Last year he performed cataract surgery on both my eyes. He placed symfony lenses in my eyes and also a stent in my left eye. My vision has improved so much after the surgery and also I don’t have to use glaucoma drops any more. Dr. Desai did an excellent surgery. He is a very compassionate and caring doctor. I will recommend his name to many of my friends.
Apr 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajen Desai, MD?
I would highly recommend Dr Rajan Desai to anyone looking for cataract surgery. He recently did cataract surgery on my right eye and i am so very satisfied with the results. He is an excellent surgeon, compassionate, taking care to listen and address to all my concerns. Having had a bad experience elsewhere, in a different clinic, i am grateful i found Dr Rajan Desai. I could not be happier with the care i received here. The staff, the office is also excellent! Thank you!
RSinha – Jan 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajen Desai, MD?
Dr Desai is wonderful! I have narrow angles and was at risk for an acute glaucoma attack. for this issue it’s best to do an iridotomy as a precautionary measure to avoid having a serious glaucoma attack and possibly become blind. He performed an iridotomy in both my eyes. I’m so relieved that I don’t have to worry any more about possibly having a glaucoma attack! He bedside manner is wonderful, he’s a very nice honest doctor and I’m so happy I chose him to do this procedure with. I had no complications, it was very quick easy and involved very little discomfort. I suggest that anyone with narrow angles see him, too many people play the wait and see game, then land up having an iridotomy anyway as an emergency procedure plus lose their eyesight. Dr desai is amazing, very gentle and I was completely at ease with him.
NJ – Dec 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajen Desai, MD?
My husband who is in his eighties, had an eye injury. Due to that injury, he had glaucoma in that eye. After two surgeries and the use of drops, he was still experiencing glaucoma. His regular doctor advised that Dr. Desai had a new way of dealing with that problem, so we went to him. He told us that he had a relatively new procedure that would only take a few minutes to do. Helmy did the procedure and within 6 weeks the pressure in his eye was normal, with no side effects. We were very pleased with the level of care we received from Dr. Desai. The procedure effectively dealt with the eye pressure, and saved that eye. Thank you Dr. Desai!
Helmy Nashed – Nov 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajen Desai, MD?
I was treated with glaucoma and cataracts in both eyes. Dr. Desai performed surgery and did an OUTSTANDING JOB on both eyes. Now my vision is 20/20. I have encountered many doctors who I was very dissatisfied and disappointed. Dr. Desai showed a lot of empathy and gave me all the time to answer my questions and did not rush me. He showed concerns and treated me like a family Thank you for being that special person and I would DEFINITELY RECOMMEND my family and friends to him. Dr. Desai went the extra mile in making you feel relax and comfortable as people tend to get nervous for any kind if surgery. Ou
William Mccormack in Sayreville – Aug 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajen Desai, MD?
Dr. Desai has been treating me in the Edison and Perth Amboy offices of Dr. Santa Maria for approximately one year due to high pressure in my right eye, with the pressure, at one time, reaching 50. When the drops did not help as much as he wanted, he performed a goniotomy in August 2018. When that did not produce the expected result he tried various drops to lower the pressure. Only when that did not work, did he insert an xen gel stent and prescribed different drops. My last visit on June 21, 2019, indicated a pressure of 11! I am now using only one set of drops,and, as needed, drops for dry eye. Thank you Dr. Desai!!! Dr. Desai is a very capable surgeon, very considerate of his patients, and very interested in their welfare. He tried everything possible before recommending the second operation and when he asked me if I wanted a second opinion before undergoing it, my response was a very quick "no need".
Phyllis Ginsberg in Somerset, NJ – Jun 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajen Desai, MD?
As a patient who is also a physician, I have a detailed list of expectation from a health care professional. Dr. R. Desai proves to me why he is one of "a few at the top" in his field, not only with superb ophthalmological knowledge and skills but interpersonal skills as well. Your patients are fortunate to be under your care. I am truly blessed to have been referred to you! I have already informed all family, friends, and colleagues about him.
V.A. in Edison, NJ – Jun 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajen Desai, MD?
I myself am a physician and have been seeing another ophthalmologist for years until the time came for my cataracts to come out. He said that though he could do the surgery himself, I would be in "better hands" if Dr. Desai performed the operation. At the initial consultation, Dr. Desai was thorough, explaining all the various options. I decided to proceed with laser-based cataract surgery with a bifocal implant that corrects both distance and near vision. I had zero pain, as he assured me before. Now, a week after surgery, I am already seeing close to 20/20 for both. I have never had vision like this before, and it's truly life changing. As a colleague, Dr. Desai is professional, courteous, and has such a warm bedside manner that it is not surprising that there was a long wait to get an appointment to see him, with a packed waiting room once I was there. The wait was worth it.
Apr 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajen Desai, MD?
I am a fairly new patient of Dr. Desai. Having taken many types of drops for glaucoma for many years, Dr. Desai recommended the XEN implant, a fairly new surgery for glaucoma. He recently won an award for his skill in perfecting the surgery. I am now off all my drops. You won't find a more skilled and caring doctor than Dr. Desai!
Mar 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajen Desai, MD?
Treated for glaucoma and cataracts in the left eye and cataracts in the right eye. Dr. Desai restored my right eye to very near 20/20 vision. I'm very pleased with the results.
Mar 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajen Desai, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Desai for about a year for my Glaucoma condition. I am very pleased with him as a person and with his tremendous knowledge about my eye problems. He has performed 2 surgeries and changed combinations of drops to keep my Glaucoma from getting worse. I would highly recommend him to anyone with my condition.
A.T. in Howell, NJ – Feb 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajen Desai, MD?
I have had glaucoma surgery done by Dr. Desai I am more than very pleased. Not only did he do a wonderful job ,he is a very kind man and caring too. Marissa who works on Dr. Desais team is the nicest ,smartest efficient technician I have encountered in my years with eye doctors. You would wise to make the choice to work with them both for you eye needs.
Paulette in PA – Nov 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajen Desai, MD?
Dr Desai is more than a professional doctor. Not only he is professional and skillful, but also He is very honest, caring, and patient. I got a glaucoma surgery on my eyes a few weeks ago. Dr. Desai answered all my questions and explained in great details the surgical procedure step by step. He also provided other options according my eye problems. Great ophthalmologist!
LangZ in Edison, NJ – Nov 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajen Desai, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Desai?

My goal is to provide compassionate, state-of-the-art ophthalmic care which starts with listening to my patient, patient education, and treating each...Read more

Rajen Desai MD FACS is a board certified cataract and glaucoma surgeon with the Witlin Center for Advanced Eye Care and Santamaria Eye Center.

• Cataract Surgery