Dr. Rajen Desai, MD

Cataract SurgeryMaleAge 41

Dr. Rajen Desai, MD is a Cataract Surgery Specialist in East Brunswick, NJ. He is affiliated with Hackensack Meridian Health Raritan Bay Medical Center - Old Bridge. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Desai to book an appointment.

Dr. Desai

Witlin Center For Advancd Eye Care, East Brunswick, NJ

385 State Route 18 Ste H East Brunswick, NJ 08816
Telehealth services available

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Cataract Surgery Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth

• YAG Laser Capsulotomy
  • YAG Laser Therapy for the Anterior Segment
  • YAG Selective Laser Trabeculoplasty

Dr. Desai accepts

Dr. Desai accepts the following insurance:

Select

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Desai

94.82758620689656%
3.4482758620689653%

Dr. Desai

I recently underwent cataract cataract surgery surgery as well as a stent placementfor glaucoma. As a board certified internist cardiologist and registered pharmacist I'm in a good position to evaluate physicians.DrDesai was excellent. All was well explained and Dr Desai communicated via text. I was quite happy with the whole experience I would highly recommend Doctor Desai, and in particular very happy with the results . I have referred my own patients to him
LarryJCohenMDFACCFACPRph – Dec 06, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajen Desai, MD?
I recently had cataract surgery with Dr. Desai at the Specialized Surgical Center in East Brunswick. The staff, nurses and technicians were both professional and helpful. The facility was modern, sterile, and had Covid precautions down to a science. After surgery, my vision is amazing! Colors are vibrant and beautiful! The post operative instructions are clear and after reviewing them a couple of times, I was able to follow them easily and place the eye drops without any difficulty. The follow up visit with an eye doctor was convenient and reassuring. My new lenses are perfect! Follow up contact from the doctor and Surgicenter was helpful. Seriously, I cannot believe how the cataract affected my vision. Colors in my world were dull and muted. Now, the sky is so blue, the grass is beautiful green, and the squirrels in my backyard are gray, not a dull brown! Thank you Dr. Desai for performing my cataract surgery and improving my vision and my experience in the world!
Joanne – Nov 27, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajen Desai, MD?
Dr. Rajen Desai is a top-notch ophthalmologist, trained at Northwestern University, with special interest in glaucoma & cataract surgery. He has done research and is very knowledgeable about state-of-the-art techniques and products, including novel lenses & stents. He took his time to explain the surgery and recovery expectations to my dad, who came to NJ for repair of his cataract and narrow-angle glaucoma. He is very happy with the outcome. I will certainly recommend Dr. Desai to anyone needing this type of expertise!!
Sep 04, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajen Desai, MD?
I was operated by Dr. Desai two months ago. I received excellent preoperative and postoperative treatment. I regained my vision and became an avid reader again after the surgery. What a gift this young Doctor gave me at the age of 84. Right from first appointment until full recovery, Dr. Desai answered all my concerns. I am admirer of this tenanted Doctor. May God bless him with long healthy life to serve the humanity….. Shakuntala Lakhani
Shakuntala Lakhani – Aug 29, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajen Desai, MD?
Dr. Desai has been my physician for 16 months. I had severe pressure in my eyes due to glaucoma along with cataracts in both eyes. Dr. Desai has successfully lowered my pressure from 44 to 16 by using laser and inserting a stent in each eye and removing both cataracts. His attention to details and his kind, gentle technique and professionalism rate him as one of the best physicians in his field. Also, his office visits are never rushed—-always making you feel more like family than a patient !
Angelo Bonarrigo – Aug 28, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajen Desai, MD?
Dr. Desai is very knowlegable, thorough, professional and caring. He spends great mount of time during each visit to explain everything & collaborates with other docs from leading opthalmology hospital to provide best care for our child with glaucoma. Dr.Desai and his staff has always got back promptly whenever we have reached out for any request like additional tests, rescheduling, etc. Our overall experience at the Witlin Center for Advanced Eyecare has been a very positive one. The need for consistent and effective medical care is very critical for a child with glaucoma and we feel we are in great hands of Dr.Desai ! We highly recommend him.
Aug 28, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajen Desai, MD?
Dr. Rajen Desai is an excellent Eye Surgeon, very talented and through knowledgeable. He did my both eyes Cataract surgery nicely and I have 20/20 vision in both eyes. No Reading glass afterwards. He is the best, very cooperative in follow-up treatment also. I strongly recommend him for critical eye treatments. My ratings are 5 out of 5.
Mukesh Patel – Aug 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajen Desai, MD?
Dr.Rajen Desai did cataract surgery on my husband four years ago. He was great but since then he rushed you throughout our visit very abrupt with his answer He is definitely not the same doctor. He mentioned he was too busy and had too many patients.0 When you get an appointment with him after waiting for weeks they call to cancel. I WOULD NO LONGER RECOMMEND HIM TO FRIENDS AND FAMILY. I HAVE TO GET CATARACT SURGERY AND WILL DEFINITELY SEE ANOTHER DOCTOR. Getting my husband eye drops is a nightmare. Called his office four times and they still did not call in for his prescription. Unfortunately my husband needs his drops for glaucoma and it is difficult to get his drops. I cannot believe the change in this doctor. Apparently he has too many patients and definitely do not give the services to his patients. My daughter both in laws is also going to have surgery for cataract and I told them not to have DeSai do the surgery as they will be disappointed. Definitely not happy
William & SheilaMccormack – Jul 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajen Desai, MD?
Many thanks to Dr. Desai for making my experience at the Witlin Center for Advanced Eyecare a positive one. When you begin to notice a loss of vision, the need for consistent and effective medical care is critical. Dr. Desai’s patience and support prior to back-to-back cataract surgery, taking the time to answer my questions, providing honest expectations in a positive manner and reassuring me of his continued support- was so very much appreciated. With much gratitude for my perfect vision, Kathy Ahmed
Kathleen Ahmed – Apr 28, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajen Desai, MD?
Failed Glaucoma surgery. I suffered eye loss and damage due to poor surgical technique.
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Apr 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajen Desai, MD?
My comments on Dr. Desai come from 2 perspectives --- as an optometrist and eye care practitioner knowledgeable from a medical perspective of the care Dr. Desai provides, as well as the sister of his patient who has an aggressive form of glaucoma, in need of surgery. Dr. Desai is at the forefront of providing the most recent evidence-based care and is a skilled surgeon/clinician. But in addition, he is a compassionate practitioner who truly cares about his patients and understands the apprehension of a patient dealing with the complexities of preserving their vision. Thank you, Dr. Desai, for all your good works.
Mar 13, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajen Desai, MD?
Dr. Desai initially treated my pseudo-exfoliation glaucoma with Xen Gel Stent surgery but because of its aggressive & unpredictable nature, he later inserted an Ahmed Valve. So far I have been able to come off of my eye drops & the pressure is in the single digits. He is extremely knowledgeable, generous & patient in his explanations and time, and goes above & beyond in providing hope & care. A true gem - I am blessed to have him as my doctor!
Teresa Adamczyk – Mar 13, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajen Desai, MD?
Very professional, caring, and very clear in his treatment plan from Surgeries to follow-up care. Would highly recommend Dr. Desai to anyone with major eye concerns, emphasis on Glaucoma diagnosis.
Feb 03, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajen Desai, MD?
WOULD RECOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE WHO HAS TO HAVE SURGERY, DID SUCH A GREAT JOB, I RECOMMEND HIM TO ALL MY FRIENDS, MAKES YOU FEEL SO COMFORTABLE, AND RELAXED
WILLIAM J KATONA – Sep 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajen Desai, MD?
Most pleasant and comfortable experience. I will recommend to anyone.
Pradyumna Patel – Aug 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajen Desai, MD?
Dr. Desai operated on my cataracts last year. I have had no problems or issues since then. I went back for my yearly checkup and he was personable and as sincere as he was when he operated on me.
Norma Shapiro – Aug 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajen Desai, MD?
I was quite calm on the day of surgery, because of my confidence in Dr. Desai, and his full explanation of the surgical procedure for glaucoma. It was interesting that although I was awake throughout, I was totally comfortable.
Jul 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajen Desai, MD?
Dr. Desai is just wonderful! I was scared to get cataract surgery. Infact I had it scheduled months before and chickened out! When I rescheduled, I met with Dr. Desai. He explained everything that would happen. He said he would take care of me and he did. The day of the surgery, he met with me while I was in prep to calm my nerves. Once in the surgery room he talked me through it. I was waiting for Dr Desai to say he was starting. To my surprise he said he was done!! I did not feel a thing!! It was as perfect as it could get. Thanks Dr. Desai for doing a great job and putting me at ease. You are a wonderful person and Doctor. Thank you!!!
Delta Hazell – Apr 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajen Desai, MD?
Great experience and an amazing doctor with a great personality
Apr 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajen Desai, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Desai for about less than a year for my Glaucoma condition. I am very pleased with him as a person and with his tremendous knowledge about my eye problems. He has performed glaucoma tube surgeries of my eye and saved me from getting blind and changed combinations of drops to keep my Glaucoma from getting worse. I would highly recommend him to anyone with my condition. He is very humble, caring and understanding. I have not seen any doctor like him in my entire life.
Apr 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajen Desai, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Desai?

My goal is to provide compassionate, state-of-the-art ophthalmic care which starts with listening to my patient, patient education, and treating each...Read more

Rajen Desai MD FACS is a board certified cataract and glaucoma surgeon with the Witlin Center for Advanced Eye Care and Santamaria Eye Center.

• Cataract Surgery