Dr. Rajen Desai, MD

Cataract Surgery ·  Male · Age 38

Dr. Desai

Witlin Center For Advancd Eye Care, East Brunswick, NJ

385 State Route 18 Ste H East Brunswick, NJ 08816

Dr. Rajen Desai, MD is a cataract surgery specialist in East Brunswick, NJ and has been practicing for 5 years. He graduated from Stanford Med Sch in 2008 and specializes in cataract surgery, ophthalmology, and more.

Dr. Desai's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Desai

Dr. Desai?
Dr. Desai's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Rajen Desai, MD
Dr. Desai has been treating me in the Edison and Perth Amboy offices of Dr. Santa Maria for approximately one year due to high pressure in my right eye, with the pressure, at one time, reaching 50. When the drops did not help as much as he wanted, he performed a goniotomy in August 2018. When that did not produce the expected result he tried various drops to lower the pressure. Only when that did not work, did he insert an xen gel stent and prescribed different drops. My last visit on June 21, 2019, indicated a pressure of 11! I am now using only one set of drops,and, as needed, drops for dry eye. Thank you Dr. Desai!!! Dr. Desai is a very capable surgeon, very considerate of his patients, and very interested in their welfare. He tried everything possible before recommending the second operation and when he asked me if I wanted a second opinion before undergoing it, my response was a very quick "no need".
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajen Desai, MD?
As a patient who is also a physician, I have a detailed list of expectation from a health care professional. Dr. R. Desai proves to me why he is one of "a few at the top" in his field, not only with superb ophthalmological knowledge and skills but interpersonal skills as well. Your patients are fortunate to be under your care. I am truly blessed to have been referred to you! I have already informed all family, friends, and colleagues about him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajen Desai, MD?
I myself am a physician and have been seeing another ophthalmologist for years until the time came for my cataracts to come out. He said that though he could do the surgery himself, I would be in "better hands" if Dr. Desai performed the operation. At the initial consultation, Dr. Desai was thorough, explaining all the various options. I decided to proceed with laser-based cataract surgery with a bifocal implant that corrects both distance and near vision. I had zero pain, as he assured me before. Now, a week after surgery, I am already seeing close to 20/20 for both. I have never had vision like this before, and it's truly life changing. As a colleague, Dr. Desai is professional, courteous, and has such a warm bedside manner that it is not surprising that there was a long wait to get an appointment to see him, with a packed waiting room once I was there. The wait was worth it.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajen Desai, MD?
I am a fairly new patient of Dr. Desai. Having taken many types of drops for glaucoma for many years, Dr. Desai recommended the XEN implant, a fairly new surgery for glaucoma. He recently won an award for his skill in perfecting the surgery. I am now off all my drops. You won't find a more skilled and caring doctor than Dr. Desai!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajen Desai, MD?
Treated for glaucoma and cataracts in the left eye and cataracts in the right eye. Dr. Desai restored my right eye to very near 20/20 vision. I'm very pleased with the results.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajen Desai, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Desai for about a year for my Glaucoma condition. I am very pleased with him as a person and with his tremendous knowledge about my eye problems. He has performed 2 surgeries and changed combinations of drops to keep my Glaucoma from getting worse. I would highly recommend him to anyone with my condition.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajen Desai, MD?
I have had glaucoma surgery done by Dr. Desai I am more than very pleased. Not only did he do a wonderful job ,he is a very kind man and caring too. Marissa who works on Dr. Desais team is the nicest ,smartest efficient technician I have encountered in my years with eye doctors. You would wise to make the choice to work with them both for you eye needs.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajen Desai, MD?
Dr Desai is more than a professional doctor. Not only he is professional and skillful, but also He is very honest, caring, and patient. I got a glaucoma surgery on my eyes a few weeks ago. Dr. Desai answered all my questions and explained in great details the surgical procedure step by step. He also provided other options according my eye problems. Great ophthalmologist!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajen Desai, MD?
Dr. Desai performed two difficult cataract surgeries on Susan White, both very successful. Sue is very pleased at having her vision restored. Dr. Desai was consistently courteous and explained each procedure in detail. We were both impressed with his competence and professionalism.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajen Desai, MD?
Dr. Desai is a great doctor. My grandfather doesn't speak english, and I was there to translate for him. Dr. Desai did everything he could to make my grandfather comfortable and was very patient as I explained things to my grandfather, he also made sure we had all of our questions answered and explained everything very well. I will definitely recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajen Desai, MD?
Dr. Desai is an energetic doctor. I saw him for a second opinion about my Glaucoma condition. He immediately ordered Glaucoma tests in his office. After reviewing the tests Dr. Desai took time and explained clearly my condition and next steps of treating. No doctor, so far explained this to me like the way he did. Yes I recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajen Desai, MD?
I have Glaucoma and Dr. DeSai is taking care of me. I trust him very much. I believe that if he were not taking care of me I would have become blind. Dr. DeSai is very kind. When I have a problem with my eyes, he makes time to see me immediately. I am very grateful for his wonderful care and I give him the highest recommendation. Leoni
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajen Desai, MD?
Dr Desai performed laser surgery on both my eyes for glaucoma about 6 months ago. The outcome of the surgery was very successful, reducing my eye pressure to healthy numbers. There were no complications. I am very relieved to have this outcome and pleased to have found Dr Desai. His manner is professional and caring and i could not ask for more from a doctor. I would recommend him without hesitation.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajen Desai, MD?
We were given the blessing of Dr. Desai. Serveral years ago my boyfriend had cataract surgery. A few years after he experienced flashing lights his doctor told him over the next year. The next year i couldnt get an appt with his doctor because he had an emergency & they gave me no options. Till one day my boyfriend said his vision was decreasing in his eye. I called ACP & received a appt with their best eye doctor that handles cataracts. Blessing because my boyfriend had detached retina
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajen Desai, MD?
Dr. Desai is a personable, reputable and knowledgeable opthomologist! He spends his time with each patient and makes sure you leave comfortable with any questions or concerns addressed. He specializes in glaucoma and cataracts and now sees both my grandparents and parents. I wouldn't trust them in anyone else's hands! I highly highly recommend him to all those looking for a provider!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajen Desai, MD?
My surgery was Excellent soon after the surgery I gain my eye sight and up till now nothing wrong with me I have no problem with the my eye sight Andi can see clearly I did not have no problem with the my eye Dr Desai is a good Doctor I can recommend Dr Desai to any of my family & Friends 100% And he is a gentle man knows how to encourage his patients
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajen Desai, MD?
Dr. Desai is the consummate professional. He spends a lot of time discussing the procedure. (cataracts) He truly cares and treats you like family. Both cataract procedures were successful and I complement him on his skillfulness and expertise.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajen Desai, MD?
I needed cataract surgery following retina surgery. Dr Desai carried out the surgery with precision and thoroughly professionally. He has a wonderful manner and great after care which includes giving you his personal phone number with instructions to call him anytime you need to. At some point I may need cataract surgery on my other eye and I will certainly go to him. Nothing but praise for this excellent Doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajen Desai, MD?
Dr. Desai did a total of four procedures on my 85 year old mother. Drains in each eye to relieve pressure and cataract removal in each eye. We were referred to him by my mom's cousin who was very pleased with his work. He is professional, caring, patient, and treated my mother with respect and care. Would definitely recommend him to anyone. My mother is so pleased with the outcome and the improvement in her vision, all thanks to her wonderful new doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajen Desai, MD?
Dr. Desai's team scheduled me quickly and he ran tests, he very patiently shared with my with and I all the options that were available to me. He answered all of our many questions with patience and professionalism. He explained things in a way that we could both easily understand. On the day of he surgery, he helped me relax and explained again briefly what he would be doing and what I should expect. I would HIGHLY recommend Dr. Desai for anyone who needed eye surgery!!
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Desai?

My goal is to provide compassionate, state-of-the-art ophthalmic care which starts with listening to my patient, patient education, and treating each patient as I would my own family. I have operated on my own family members for their cataract and glaucoma surgery.

• Cataract Surgery

2008
2002

• Gujarati

Dr. Desai accepts

Dr. Desai accepts the following insurance:

Fidelis Care

• YAG Selective Laser Trabeculoplasty

Witlin Center For Advancd Eye Care, East Brunswick, NJ

Santamaria Eye Center

• Sat: closed

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Desai treats patients.