Dr. Rajeev Pillai, MD

Interventional Cardiology ·  Male · Age 49

Dr. Pillai

Cardiovascular Associates

1265 Wayne Ave Ste 206 Indiana, PA 15701

Dr. Rajeev Pillai, MD is an interventional cardiology specialist in Indiana, PA. He specializes in interventional cardiology, cardiology, and more.

Dr. Pillai accepts

Dr. Pillai accepts the following insurance:

Coventry Health Care
Southern Health PPO

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Pennsylvania

Check Dr. Pillai's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Pillai's Top Procedures and Conditions

Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
high
high

Dr. Pillai treats Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction) more than 82% of his peers

Dr. Pillai treats this condition more than 82% of his peers

Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)

Dr. Pillai treats Coronary Artery Disease (CAD) more than 78% of his peers

Dr. Pillai treats this condition more than 78% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Coronary Artery Calcification
  • Coronary Artery Disease, Autosomal Dominant 1
  • Coronary Artery Disease, Autosomal Dominant 2
Tilt Testing or Cardiac Event Monitors

Dr. Pillai performs Tilt Testing or Cardiac Event Monitors more than 72% of his peers

Dr. Pillai performs this procedure more than 72% of his peers

• Atrial Fibrillation
  • Atrial Flutter
  • Automatic Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (ICD) Implantation
  • Autonomic Disorders
  • Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
  • Cardiac Imaging
  • Cardiomegaly
  • Cardiomyopathy
  • Cardiovascular Stress Test
  • Cardioversion, Elective
  • Chest Pain
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Coronary Angioplasty, Atherectomy and Stent
  • Coronary Artery Aneurysm
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Endocarditis
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Disease
  • Heart Murmur
  • Heart Palpitations
  • Hypertensive Chronic Kidney Disease
  • Hypertensive Heart and Chronic Kidney Disease
  • Hypertensive Heart Disease
  • Hypotension
  • Impella Device
  • Insertion of Left Ventricular Lead for Pacemaker or Cardioverter and-or Defibrillator
  • Limb Swelling

Dr. Pillai?
Dr. Pillai's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Rajeev Pillai, MD
RecentMost Helpful
Dr Pillai is avery caring and very outstanding doctor who takes time to listen to your concens and answers all question. His bedside manner is terrific. The cath lab team is very caring and also very knowledgebal of the procedures.very personable and caring.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajeev Pillai, MD?
Arrived at IRMC by ambulance suffering from a major hear attack. Dr. Pillai was there to meet me in the ER. Thanks to his quick response and the personnel at IRMC I was quickly rushed for a heart catheterization and 2 stents implanted in my right Coronary Artery. This proceedure took only 1 hour saving my heart from severe damage. I thank Dr. Pillai, his team, IRMC ER personnel and ICU nurses for giving me my life back!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajeev Pillai, MD?
Dr.Pillai did my heart catheterization and found 2 blockages at 90% I received.. 3 stents. Dr. Pillai bedside manner was outstanding he took time to meet and talk to me before and after my procedures and answer all my questions. He even gave me photos of my heart before and after the procedures.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajeev Pillai, MD?
I suffered a mild heart attack and was admitted to the hospital to have a cardiac cath and stent placed the next morning by Dr Pillai. I felt very worried but knew I was also in very good hands. He was extremely caring, competent and reassuring and took the time to educate me and my family about the procedure and medications that I would need to take to ensure a full recovery. My follow-up visit to his office was also a very good experience. Thanks to Dr. Pillai, I'm living my life again.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajeev Pillai, MD?
Very good bedside manner, caring, etc. Thoroughly explains everything to be sure you understand the procedure and all things pertaining to it. Gives ample time for you to ask questions and gives complete and easy to understand answers to those questions.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajeev Pillai, MD?
I would like to thank DR.Pillaifor saving my husband not once but twice within four days.He and his staff perked and gave us two miracles.I thank you from the bottom of my heart.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajeev Pillai, MD?
Dr Pillai gave a thorough and precise explanation of the artery blockage he expected to find and what he planned for the remedy. My condition was exactly as predicted and the recovery has been extremely easy. The staff was well organized and expedient in preping me. The catheterization entry site on my wrist left virtually no skin damage and no pain during recovery thru today being 5 days post op. He saved my life. Thank you Dr Pillai. Sincerely John Semon
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajeev Pillai, MD?
Dr. Pillai was wonderful! It took a heart attack for me to meet him. Very caring and informative. I definitely recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajeev Pillai, MD?
Dr. Pillai is one of the most intelligent doctors I have met in my life. He is not only exceptionally skilled in what he does, he is able to explain medicine in a way that even I, with no medical background, can easily follow and understand. He is a very caring and compassionate individual. I can not recommend him enough, he is one of the few people I would trust the lives of my loved ones with. Thank you Dr. Pillai for all you do!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajeev Pillai, MD?
An incredibly caring and attentive, interventional cardiologist. He blends the caring normally associated with a traditional country doctor with the expertise normally associated with a cutting-edge city doctor. He has excellent bedside manners and is willing to go the extra mile for his patients. He explains matters and never tires of answering questions. He has a charisma that inspires serenity and wellbeing in me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajeev Pillai, MD?
I arrived in critical condition. Dr. Pillai immediately escorted me to the Cath-Lab diagnosed STEMI and inserted two stents. He visited with me after the procedure to review what had happened and what was done. He and his team are true professionals. They couldn't have been more responsive or professional. I highly recommend Dr Pillai and his staff for cardiovascular care. Thank you Dr. Pillai.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajeev Pillai, MD?
Dr. Pillai is a very compassionate doctor. He is Excellent at what he does.I met him for the first time after coming to the ER for chest pain.After A few other test I was told I had to have A heart Cath. The doctor explained everything to me and tried to put my mind at ease.I was very scared and nervous.He was very kind and patient with me along with all of his staff.It ended up I needed A Stint put in because I had a 90% blockage in one of my artery. He saved my life.Thank you!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajeev Pillai, MD?
On April 25, 2017 Dr. Pillai performed a wrist heart cath and he was excellent. Very professional and then on May 11 he performed a TEE and it went very well. I would recommend Dr. Pillai to my family and friends anytime. I am very satisified with his professionalism and his relationship with his patients. He takes to time to explain everything in detail.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajeev Pillai, MD?
Excellent Cardiologist. Speaks well and very easy to understand. A doctor who really listens and takes time with you and explains things and answers all your questions.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajeev Pillai, MD?
I was a patient of Dr. Pillai in Fishersville, Virginia. He is an excellent Doctor. He takes his time to not only explain everything, but makes you feel comfortable. Virginia lost an excellent doctor. He is very knowledgeable in all heart problems. I highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajeev Pillai, MD?
He explained what he was going to do & the risks involved..
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajeev Pillai, MD?
I had a heart catherization done by Dr. Pilla and was very satisfied as to,how I was treated. He takes his time to explain everything. I would highly recommend Dr. Pillai.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajeev Pillai, MD?
I am blessed and thankful to have met and been in the care of Dr. Pillai when I came to Indiana Regional Medical Center's Emergency Room. I would recommend this brilliantly skilled doctor for all heart related procedures. I cannot thank Dr. Pillai and his staff enough for all they have done for me. We no longer need to travel to Pittsburgh for heart related procedures that are skillfully done right here at IRMC thanks to Dr. Pillai.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajeev Pillai, MD?
I give the highest recommendation for Dr. Pillai. He treats you with consideration and respect. My heart procedure went as well as could be expected. He made sure that I was taken care of before, during and after the procedure.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajeev Pillai, MD?
Dr. Pillai saved my life when I was having a heart attack on Christmas Eve. Even on Christmas day he was right there doing everything in his power to kept me alive and not only that kept my wife informed of everything taking place. We are so lucky to have this doctor in Indiana. After being discharged from the hospital he set down with my wife and I explaining everything that took place when I had my heart attack. We would recommend him to anyone that needs his care. He is #1 in our book.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Pillai?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Pillai treats patients.