Dr. Rajasekhara Ayyagari, MD

Dr. Ayyagari
Telehealth services available

Yale Medicine, Department of Radiology, Division of Interventional Radiology

800 Howard Ave New Haven, CT 06519

Dr. Rajasekhara Ayyagari, MD is a Vascular & Interventional Radiology Specialist in New Haven, CT. He is affiliated with Yale New Haven Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Ayyagari to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Vascular & Interventional Radiology Specialists in your area

See similar Vascular & Interventional Radiology Specialists in New Haven

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Dr. Ayyagari accepts

Dr. Ayyagari accepts the following insurance:

Balanced Pathway Tiered-CT PPO
Medicaid
Oxford Health Plans
Freedom Plan
Oxford Liberty

No malpractice claims found for Connecticut

Check Dr. Ayyagari's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Ayyagari's Top Procedures and Conditions

Vascular Transcatheter Embolization

Dr. Ayyagari performs Vascular Transcatheter Embolization more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Ayyagari performs this procedure more than 100% of his peers

Vascular Disease

Dr. Ayyagari treats Vascular Disease more than 69% of his peers

Dr. Ayyagari treats this condition more than 69% of his peers

Acute Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)

Dr. Ayyagari treats Acute Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) more than 24% of his peers

Dr. Ayyagari treats this condition more than 24% of his peers

Dr. Ayyagari's conditions and procedures:

• Acute Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Angiography
  • Angioplasty With Stent Placement
  • Arteriovenous Shunt Creation
  • Atherosclerosis
  • Atherosclerosis of Aorta
  • Chronic Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Dialysis Access Procedures
  • Embolization of Tumor
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Liver Cancer
  • Vascular Transcatheter Embolization
  • Vena Cava Filter
  • Venous Insufficiency

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Rajasekhara Ayyagari, MD...

Offer evening visits?

Offer weekend visits?

Communicate via email?

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Have free onsite parking?

Dr. Ayyagari's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Ayyagari

Dr. Ayyagari?
Dr Ayyagari performed a very successful PAE (prostatic arterial embolization) procedure for me. All went well, and I'm happy with the results. Dr Ayyagari was clear and straight-forward in my pre-surgery consultation, and it worked out as he said it would. I'm glad that I learned about the existence of the PAE option, and Dr Ayyagari is the only highly experienced provider in this area.
AndyW – Jun 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajasekhara Ayyagari, MD?
It was a great experience being in the hands of Dr. Ayyagari. Starting from my first appearance in his office I felt very secure. He knows how to prepare a patient for surgery to have him relaxed. The whole surgery experience is a true example of the doctor's professionalism. His team is a bonded crew of professionals who understand each other completely and compliments their leader. I would certainly recommend Dr. Ayyagari and his team who is planning to do a PAE surgery.
Alexander Bogdanov – May 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajasekhara Ayyagari, MD?
I had the PAE procedure done to relieve a urinary blockage of several weeks.
Richard Crawford – May 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajasekhara Ayyagari, MD?
My visit was in the form of a phone call. It was a follow up re: a procedure I had done some time ago and we discussed how I was doing and discussed a possible future follow up involving a possible hospital visit.
May 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajasekhara Ayyagari, MD?
I saw Dr. Ayyagari for a consultation after having two bouts within one month requiring catheterization in order to void. My daughter and I quickly became very comfortable with Dr. Ayyagari because he gave us the knowledge we required to make a decision, which we expected, but also showed compassion and understanding absent in many of today’s interactions. The procedure was performed a few weeks later and went very smoothly. The first night, however, was very uncomfortable (but I was expecting that). I took one of the Ibuprofen tablets prescribed and was able to return to sleep. From that point on, my only issue was severe spasms which required another med. The spasms subsided within two weeks and I have not experienced any discomfort since. Two weeks after the procedure I returned to my urologist for a void test. My catheter was removed and, viola, I was able to void. It’s 3 months post procedure and I am symptom free. I could not be happier with the PAE and Dr. Ayyagari’s care.
Woodie – May 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajasekhara Ayyagari, MD?
V. pleased with Dr. A's care and team.
Francis O'Connor – May 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajasekhara Ayyagari, MD?
Dr. Ayyagari performed a PAE procedure on me last November. I had been suffering with an enlarged prostate with all it’s symptoms for more than 20 years. Conventional Urologists were unable to help my condition and I was heading toward surgical removal of my non cancerous prostate. . I discovered Dr. A and PAE by searching the literature and follow-up references from doctors I know at Yale. I made an appointment directly with Dr. A’s office at Yale through Nathan who manages his schedule. During my initial interview with Dr. A. I found him to be concerned, mostly listening, asking questions and clearly competent about the PAE procedure which he described with patience and detail. I agreed to the PAE procedure and Nathan set up the necessary tests and scheduled the procedure. The procedure, as described , was painless and quickly done by Dr A . and his competent team. I was released the same day and since have experienced complete relief of my BPH symptoms. Thank you Team Dr. A
Eugene A. Della Vecchia – May 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajasekhara Ayyagari, MD?
My PAE procedure dramatically improved my life. It was a relatively minor procedure. My ability to urinate was normal after 2 weeks. Dr. Ayyagari was great to work with, informative and competent.
Keith Bracknell – May 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajasekhara Ayyagari, MD?
Dr Ayyagari interviewed me as a candidate patient for a prostatic embolization. He provided a thorough explanation of the process, and felt that it could help me. I had an extremely large prostate, and my urologist had previously performed a TURP. Relief from the TURP lasted only a few years, and the next step would have been a major operation. I was semi conscious during the embolization and it went well. He exhibited a great deal of skill performing this procedure. After a relatively short recovery period my urinary problems diminished, and eventually went away completely. It is now about 5 years and I can sleep thru the night, and “piss like a stallion”. Prior to, during the procedure, and following up, Dr. Ayyagari’s care and concern was outstanding. Probably the best medical care that I have ever received.
Bruce K – May 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajasekhara Ayyagari, MD?
Dr. A explained things well and when I had a complication of the procedure he was completely on top of things. I felt very comfortable in his care and I am a doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajasekhara Ayyagari, MD?
Enlarged prostate closed urinary tract down. Dr. Ayyagari’s procedure shrunk the prostate and in that regard I am back to where I was 30 years ago. I highly recommend him and am grateful to him.
JFTorres – May 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajasekhara Ayyagari, MD?
Dr. Ayyagari did a great job for me with a prostate arterial embolization -- reducing the size of the prostate by cutting off its blood supply, and thereby significantly reducing my BPH symptoms. I was under a mild sedative during the procedure and emerged feeling fine. Everything was done through a blood vessel, no cutting involved. No pain after the procedure, no catheter, just a few antibiotics to take. That night I felt good enough to have KFC, and did.
Tom K – May 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajasekhara Ayyagari, MD?
My first visit was very reassuring. Dr Ayyagari explained my condition, and the expected course of treatment completely, thoroughly, and in easy to understand terms. The procedure went as expected, and after some initial discomfort, my recovery went pretty and smoothly. This procedure gave me life back, and I would recommend this procedure to any man suffering from BPH.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajasekhara Ayyagari, MD?
Dr. Ayyagari is superb in every respect. He is very knowledgeable, available, courteous and always professional. He helped me greatly with my condition.
Frederic Hite – May 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajasekhara Ayyagari, MD?
I went in for PAE. Dr. A and his staff were very professional. Dr. A explained everything which made me very cofortable. After the surgery he checked in with me and made sure I could reach out to him if I need to. I highly recommend Dr. Ayyagrai and his staff.
John Marusa – May 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajasekhara Ayyagari, MD?
This was a phone call conversation; a substitute for my one-year follow-up appointment after a procedure performed by Dr. Ayyagari. I continue to be very pleased with the information I receive from Dr. Ayyagari as well as the careIt has always been easy to engage in conversation with him regarding any health questions or concerns that I have had.
Joseph A. Hadam – May 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajasekhara Ayyagari, MD?
I am a very satisfied male patient age 82. Dr Ayyagari performed PAE procedure 5 months ago, in November 2019. Since I was in very good health, he was willing to take a chance on me. I was surprised that the procedure took far longer than I expected. I was in the OR for 6 hours, as I recall. My post-recovery was about on par for a week, when I suddenly was unable to urinate. I was in agony. I rushed to YaleNH ER and had a Foley catheter installed, and I remained catheterized for 8 days. I was put on a second powerful antibiotic, different from the Cipro required as PAE prep. Dr. Ayyagari was very sympathetic, and was available to handle questions and concerns. After catheter removal, my prostate problems gradually diminished, but I had many weeks of constipation. That, too, disappeared by month 4, and I now consider myself completely "cured". Urinary problems are minimal, and I am very pleased with the outcome and with Dr. Ayyagari's treatment.
Stan Bernold – May 09, 2020
Thank you for your review! The sedation one gets...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajasekhara Ayyagari, MD?
Excellent results. Dr Ayyagari explained everything and helped me feel very comfortable with the procedure.
May 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajasekhara Ayyagari, MD?
The PAE surgery itself was painless. The seven to ten days recovery time for me was a little uncomfortable but was expected. I liked the fact that doctors and staff at Yale called everyday to check my progress and needs. The decision to have doctor Ayyagari perform this procedure was the correct one. He and his staff at Yale are knowledgeable, professional and caring. No more worry where to find the next restroom when i'm on the road.
May 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajasekhara Ayyagari, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Ayyagari?

I graduated with a B.A. degree in Behavioral Biology from Swarthmore College in 1996.  After completing two-and-a-half years of Peace Corps service in the Andes mountains and Amazon rain forests of Ecuador, I went to Yale School of Medicine, whe...Read more

• Vascular & Interventional Radiology
  • Interventional Radiology

1996
Swarthmore College

Common Questions and Answers

• Does Dr. Ayyagari communicate via email?

1 user said yes. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Ayyagari offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Ayyagari offer an online patient portal?

1 user said yes. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Ayyagari have free onsite parking?

1 user said yes. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Ayyagari offer weekend visits?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Ayyagari offer evening visits?

Please call the office to learn more. (203) 785-5380