Dr. Rajasekhara Ayyagari, MD

Interventional Radiology ·  Male · Age 45

Dr. Ayyagari

Dr. Rajasekhara Ayyagari, MD is an interventional radiology specialist in New Haven, CT and has been practicing for 8 years. He graduated from Yale School Of Medicine in 2004 and specializes in interventional radiology.

Make an appointment

Dr. Ayyagari accepts

Dr. Ayyagari accepts the following insurance:

Connecticare
Connecticare POS
Medicaid
Oxford Health Plans
Freedom Plan
Oxford Liberty

No malpractice claims found for Connecticut

Check Dr. Ayyagari's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Ayyagari's Top Procedures and Conditions

Vascular Transcatheter Embolization

Dr. Ayyagari performs Vascular Transcatheter Embolization more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Ayyagari performs this procedure more than 100% of his peers

Vascular Disease

Dr. Ayyagari treats Vascular Disease more than 69% of his peers

Dr. Ayyagari treats this condition more than 69% of his peers

Acute Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)

Dr. Ayyagari treats Acute Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) more than 24% of his peers

Dr. Ayyagari treats this condition more than 24% of his peers

Dr. Ayyagari's conditions and procedures:

• Acute Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Angiography
  • Angioplasty With Stent Placement
  • Arteriovenous Shunt Creation
  • Atherosclerosis
  • Atherosclerosis of Aorta
  • Chronic Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Dialysis Access Procedures
  • Embolization of Tumor
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Liver Cancer
  • Vascular Surgical Procedure
  • Vascular Transcatheter Embolization
  • Vena Cava Filter
  • Venous Insufficiency

"I graduated with a B.A. degree in Behavioral Biology from Swarthmore College in 1996. After completing two-and-a-half years of Peace Corps service in the Andes mountains and Amazon rain forests of Ecuador, I went to Yale School of Medicine, where I...

• Interventional Radiology

2011
Harvard Medical School (Brigham and Women's Hospital)
2010
Harvard Medical School (Brigham and Women's Hospital)
2006

Dr. Ayyagari's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Rajasekhara Ayyagari, MD
Hope to visit soon
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajasekhara Ayyagari, MD?
I had worsening urinaryproblems for the last several years and was recommended for a PEA consultation from my Urologist. This was the best decision I've ever made. The procedure has greatly improved my quality of life with no side effects. Dr. A and staff were very professional and answered all questions thoroughly regarding the procedure. I highly recommend Dr. A for this procedure
Procedure was fine!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajasekhara Ayyagari, MD?
Wonderful solution to a common and serious problem. Dr. Ayyagari improved my life tremendously by allowing the removal of the catheter and reduce the probability of infection.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajasekhara Ayyagari, MD?
My urologist referred me to Dr. Ayyagari after my last prostate infection which was fairly severe, about a year ago. The procedure was definitely worth having done. My urine flow is excellent and frequency is amazingly much less. For me, quality of life is greatly improved. Would I have the procedure done again if ever needed it?...yes!!! However, so far that is not even remotely necessary. I am very thankful for Dr. Ayyagari's expertise in this field.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajasekhara Ayyagari, MD?
I suffered with prostate issues for min. of 5 yrs. After two TURPs in two years my symptoms worsened. I often bled profusely and had excruciating pain with frequent urination. It was hell. Within 60 after the embolization procedure my urinary process is nearly normal--can hold 450 ml and empty to 45 ml sans pain or blood and with control. I still have an enlarged prostate but I can live with it, now.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajasekhara Ayyagari, MD?
Dr. Ayyagari performed a prostate embolization 6 months ago. I had been on numerous medications for over a decade. My symptoms were severe and I had a poor quality of life. The surgery has completely changed my condition and I am back to leading a normal life. I don't have to plan my activities around where a bathroom is located.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajasekhara Ayyagari, MD?
Dr. Ayyagari & his staff are Awesome!! Nathan & nurse Vonetta are super thorough and professional ...
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajasekhara Ayyagari, MD?
Dr. Ayyagari has what everyone would want in a physician. The personality and bedside manor that establishes an immediate connection assuring the sincerity ,commitment and trust one might hope for. That combined with the obvious knowledge and ability creates an environment where one feels comfortable and confidant that the end result will be extremely positive. For me it was life changing and I will forever be grateful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajasekhara Ayyagari, MD?
The procedure was done to help me out with my hopes are very high and so far to three months after the procedure I'm quite satisfied it's much easier to be outside and taking trips not to worry that you have to go to the men's room every 5 minutes. After the 10 days you begin to feel pretty good and it stays with you so far I recommend you guys to take a shot of it.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajasekhara Ayyagari, MD?
Very easygoing person and pleasant. Very trustworthy. Does everything to make his patients feel comfortable. I was on overseas assignment but Dr. Ayyagari and his aids made my surgery appointment in a very swift way.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajasekhara Ayyagari, MD?
My experience with this provider has been excellent. He is competent, pleasant and not in a rush. I have recommended a few patients. To schedule an appointment you have to wait for a call back. I personally believe you should be able to talk to someone when you call.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajasekhara Ayyagari, MD?
Dr. Ayygari did a superb job with my prostate arterial embolization (PAE). It completely cured my prostate BPH in just a week, with no pain during or after the procedure. Patients sometimes have to wait for a half-hour or so to see Dr. Ayyagari, but when you meet him you see why: he is totally unrushed, listens carefully and explains everything thoroughly. He also gives patients his cell number so if they have any problems after procedures (I had none) they can reach him directly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajasekhara Ayyagari, MD?
Dr. Ayyagari placed an IVC filter in my abdomen 5 years ago. It probably took him 90 seconds to perform the task, he is like the song that came out in 1984 by Sade - "Smooth Operator". This week I visited him to see if he could remove my filter. Unfortunately my vena cava has collapsed making it unnecessary to remove the IVC filter. My wife visited a doctor upstate and he would not give her any explanations. What a difference I had, Dr. Ayyagari spent so much time w/ explanations, he is the best
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajasekhara Ayyagari, MD?
After three years of suffering, with trips to the bathroom every 50 minutes nightly, I discovered Dr. Ayyagari, and his Prostate Artery Embolization. I had the procedure Aug. 4, 2017 and the results have been amazing. It's great to be back among the living. I cannot thank Dr. Ayyagari enough, and now when I see him, I refer to him as "my hero".. Anyone who has this problem, and medication is not working, I would strongly recommend they consider this procedure.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajasekhara Ayyagari, MD?
You will not be disappointed in Dr. Ayyagari or this relatively new procedure for benign hyperplasia that reduces the size of the prostate without surgery. Two years following my procedures my prostrate is less than 1/3 the size and urination is no longer a problem. Dr. Ayyagari is a kind and thoughtful practitioner who instills confidence. Try embollization first. You can always cut later.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajasekhara Ayyagari, MD?
I found him very informative about my situation. He answered all my questions, in detail. I would definitely recommend him to anyone needing his special expertise. Made me feel very comfortable under going the procedure.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajasekhara Ayyagari, MD?
Dr. Ayyagari is an extremely gifted, talented and caring physician. He treated me for an enlarged prostate with the prostate embolization procedure. I experienced a splendid and miraculous result. Within hours after I returned home from the procedure, I noticed very positive results. My urination went from 3/4 times a night to once and sometimes none. The half full, half empty symptom disappeared completely and stream went from weak to strong. None of the possible adverse effects occurred.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajasekhara Ayyagari, MD?
My prostate operation is showing positive results including a much improved sex life; i.e., Mr. Midnight has come to life again! The operation was in January and now it is May, it took a good month before I started seeing results. Urination is much steadier; I can make it through the night with only one trip to the head.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajasekhara Ayyagari, MD?
My experience with Dr. Ayyagari was one of comfort, care, respect, and welcome. His down to earth, clear, clean explanations were more than what I expected. He brings a freshness of presence into the room which is uplifting. He comes across with confidence, knowledgeableness, and instills reassurance. He is not superior, intrusive, overbearing or distant?.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Ayyagari?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Ayyagari treats patients.