Dr. Rajasekhara Ayyagari, MD

Interventional RadiologyMaleAge 48

Interventional Radiology

Dr. Rajasekhara Ayyagari, MD is a Interventional Radiology Specialist in New Haven, CT and has over 18 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Yale School Of Medicine in 2004. He is affiliated with medical facilities Bridgeport Hospital and Yale New Haven Hospital. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Rajasekhara Ayyagari, MD

800 Howard Ave New Haven, CT 06519
Telehealth services available

Telehealth services available

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Interventional Radiology Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals

No malpractice claims found for Connecticut

Check Dr. Ayyagari's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Ayyagari's Top Procedures and Conditions

Acute Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)

Dr. Ayyagari treats Acute Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) more than 18% of his peers

Dr. Ayyagari treats this condition more than 18% of his peers

Dr. Ayyagari's conditions and procedures:

• Acute Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Atherosclerosis
  • Atherosclerosis of Aorta
  • Chronic Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Liver Cancer
  • Uterine Fibroids
  • Varicocele
  • Venous Insufficiency

Dr. Ayyagari accepts

Dr. Ayyagari accepts the following insurance:

Balanced Pathway Tiered-CT PPO

Dr. Ayyagari's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Ayyagari

Dr. Ayyagari

Prostate Artery Embolization for BPH
I am a 66 year old cardiologist and have had issues with BPH for many years. I was reluctant to proceed with any procedures as I was concerned about some of the complications and potential course of the procedures. I chose to have PAE due to its benefit for the large size of my prostate, the low risk of bleeding, incontinence, erectile dysfunction, and need for a Foley catheter. Dr. Ayyagari performed the PAE procedure in February, 2022 and I am very pleased with the results. Everything went smoothly and my symptoms are much improved. My International Prostate Symptom Score went from a 22 down to 5. I highly recommend Dr Ayyagari and the PAE procedure. His diligence and attention to detail before, during, and after the procedure made me feel very comfortable with my choice and helped me to feel that it would all turn out as well as it did.
Aug 01, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajasekhara Ayyagari, MD?
Dr. Ayyagari is the best!
During my first meeting, along with my wife, Dr. Ayyagari had explained the PAE procedure and answered all our questions in detail, with patience and compassion. After the procedure, he responded to any of my concerns expediently. During the PAE procedure, he was reassuring and the results have immensely improved my lifestyle. When you have Dr. Ayyagari as your Interventional Radiologist, you not only have an experienced medical professional, but have someone who is humanistic and cares greatly about his patient. I would highly recommend him.
MJL – Jul 13, 2022
My personal experience with Dr. Ayyagari
Prior to receiving PAE I suffered for years with obstructed urination and many waking nightly visits to the bathroom. One day after Dr. Ayyagari performed the PAE I was able to urinate freely and sleep through the night. That was four years ago. Needless to say, I am extremely grateful to Dr. Ayyagari for greatly increasing my quality of life. Also, Dr. Iyyagari is a fantastic human being.
Herschel – Jul 13, 2022
Excellent physician, great communicator
Dr. Ayyagari was a remarkably skilled clinician in the face of a technically challenging procedure in my case. He was thorough, a great communicator and a sincerely concerned caregiver before, during, and after the PAE procedure. I am pleased that I chose to travel from Washington State to New Haven for his care. I am pleased with the overall outcome, although I had several unusual complications: some aberrant pellets caused small, painful ischemic lesions. These healed without incident in about a week. I also suffered a period of complete erectile incapacity shortly after the procedure. This resolved slowly over the course of 3 to 4 months. Through all of this Dr. Ayyagari remained accessible, engaged, and helpful. Ultimately, my IPSS score dropped from 27 to 15 and my prostate shrank from 82 to 39 mls. I am glad I chose the procedure and very glad I was able to have Dr. Ayyagari perform it.
none – Jul 13, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajasekhara Ayyagari, MD?
I had the treatment done and it change my life. My quality of life changed so drastically, I'm feeling like a new person. No more getting up late at nigth or run to the bathroom because I can't hold it. Thank you Dr. Ayyagari for your compassion and care!
Orlando Horruitinier – Jul 13, 2022
Very compassionate and knowledgeable
From the very beginning the Dr was very knowledgeable and I never felt like he was rushing me in any way with his explanation of whatever we were speaking of about my care. He always took whatever time was needed for me to fully understand medically what was going to occur both prior to and after the procedure. Although I wish my results may have been more on the positive side, he always explained that the procedure would affect everyone differently, and some patients results would be much better than others. I am happy the embolization was done, however, I still find myself sitting when peeing (mainly because that is what I got used to) and wish I could sleep through the night without getting up to pee several times each night.
Bill Conlan – Jul 13, 2022
Thank you Dr. A!
I suffered from extreme BPH. My urologist listed TURP or Prostatectomy as my options. To the urologist's credit, he also mentioned a "new procedure called a PAE" but added "it's experimental and can't be done by a urologist so I can't really recommend it." Well, given the nasty potential side effects of TURP and Prostatectomy, I did my research on PAE, which lead me to Dr. Ayyagari. And I am so glad I did! I had my PAE in February 2019 and my International Prostate Symptom Score went from an "unhappy" 24 -- while on Tamsulosin, (aka Flomax) -- to a "delighted" 2 -- with no Tamsulosin. Dr. A was always available and responsive post-procedure. And three years later, still all good. Thank you Dr. Ayyagari! You improved my life so much that whenever asked, I tell everyone "No to TURP, yes to PAE by Dr. Ayyagari!"
Ron Murphy, Farmington CT – Jul 13, 2022
PAE
Dr Ayyagari provided the best care. He was attentive, thoughtful and caring. A positive outcome was had.
James Petty – Jul 12, 2022
PAE Procedure
Excellent Doctor, explains procedure thoroughly, very enlarged prostate with bleeding frequently, this procedure stopped the bleeding, no side effects, no down time, no pain, excellent procedure for enlarged prostates. If you want the best doctor for PAE, see Dr. Ayyagari. I would travel from out of state to have this done by him.
Jul 12, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajasekhara Ayyagari, MD?
I had an outstanding experience with Dr Ayyagari. He spent a lot of time with me and my spouse - answering all our questions. The PAE procedure started and finished on time. I had next to no post procedure pain and my symptoms started to improve after just one week. They are still improving after almost four months.
Vito Sessa – Jul 12, 2022
Outstanding man and physician
Dr Ayyarari’s concern for one as an individual, not as a disorder, is impressive. Rarely does one meet a professional both so skillful and humane. His procedure with me did not change my life, but it certainly changed my sleep! Clear explanations, patience and excellent follow up are his standards in addition to surgical skill. One is fortunate to have him as your doctor.
Stuart Gardner – Jul 12, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajasekhara Ayyagari, MD?
I want to thank Dr Ayyagari for bringing my prostate health back to normal. It has been over a year since I had the PAE procedure and my urine flow is at a 9 out of 10. Prior to the procedure I had constant urinary infections and my urinary flow was not good at all, I was up several times a night and I was looking at a catheter. I would not hesitate in choosing Dr Ayyagari for this painless procedure. I HIGHLY recommend him!! It is truly life changing.
Charles T Connolly – Dec 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajasekhara Ayyagari, MD?
Dr Ayyagari performed a very successful PAE (prostatic arterial embolization) procedure for me. All went well, and I'm happy with the results. Dr Ayyagari was clear and straight-forward in my pre-surgery consultation, and it worked out as he said it would. I'm glad that I learned about the existence of the PAE option, and Dr Ayyagari is the only highly experienced provider in this area.
AndyW – Jun 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajasekhara Ayyagari, MD?
It was a great experience being in the hands of Dr. Ayyagari. Starting from my first appearance in his office I felt very secure. He knows how to prepare a patient for surgery to have him relaxed. The whole surgery experience is a true example of the doctor's professionalism. His team is a bonded crew of professionals who understand each other completely and compliments their leader. I would certainly recommend Dr. Ayyagari and his team who is planning to do a PAE surgery.
Alexander Bogdanov – May 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajasekhara Ayyagari, MD?
I had the PAE procedure done to relieve a urinary blockage of several weeks.
Richard Crawford – May 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajasekhara Ayyagari, MD?
My visit was in the form of a phone call. It was a follow up re: a procedure I had done some time ago and we discussed how I was doing and discussed a possible future follow up involving a possible hospital visit.
May 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajasekhara Ayyagari, MD?
I saw Dr. Ayyagari for a consultation after having two bouts within one month requiring catheterization in order to void. My daughter and I quickly became very comfortable with Dr. Ayyagari because he gave us the knowledge we required to make a decision, which we expected, but also showed compassion and understanding absent in many of today’s interactions. The procedure was performed a few weeks later and went very smoothly. The first night, however, was very uncomfortable (but I was expecting that). I took one of the Ibuprofen tablets prescribed and was able to return to sleep. From that point on, my only issue was severe spasms which required another med. The spasms subsided within two weeks and I have not experienced any discomfort since. Two weeks after the procedure I returned to my urologist for a void test. My catheter was removed and, viola, I was able to void. It’s 3 months post procedure and I am symptom free. I could not be happier with the PAE and Dr. Ayyagari’s care.
Woodie – May 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajasekhara Ayyagari, MD?
V. pleased with Dr. A's care and team.
Francis O'Connor – May 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajasekhara Ayyagari, MD?
Dr. Ayyagari performed a PAE procedure on me last November. I had been suffering with an enlarged prostate with all it’s symptoms for more than 20 years. Conventional Urologists were unable to help my condition and I was heading toward surgical removal of my non cancerous prostate. . I discovered Dr. A and PAE by searching the literature and follow-up references from doctors I know at Yale. I made an appointment directly with Dr. A’s office at Yale through Nathan who manages his schedule. During my initial interview with Dr. A. I found him to be concerned, mostly listening, asking questions and clearly competent about the PAE procedure which he described with patience and detail. I agreed to the PAE procedure and Nathan set up the necessary tests and scheduled the procedure. The procedure, as described , was painless and quickly done by Dr A . and his competent team. I was released the same day and since have experienced complete relief of my BPH symptoms. Thank you Team Dr. A
Eugene A. Della Vecchia – May 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajasekhara Ayyagari, MD?
My PAE procedure dramatically improved my life. It was a relatively minor procedure. My ability to urinate was normal after 2 weeks. Dr. Ayyagari was great to work with, informative and competent.
Keith Bracknell – May 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rajasekhara Ayyagari, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Ayyagari?