Family Medicine  |
Dr. Raja Abusharr, MD
Dr. Raja Abusharr, MD is a family medicine doctor who practices in The Woodlands, TX. He is 54 years old and has been practicing for 17 years. Dr. Abusharr is affiliated with CHI St. Luke's Health - The Woodlands Hospital and Memorial Hermann The Woodlands Hospital.

The Woodlands

10110 Woodlands Pkwy Ste 100

The Woodlands, TX 77382

Dr. Raja Abusharr, MD

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Health Net
  • WellPoint

Learn about Dr. Abusharr

At the very start of my medical career I fell in love with family medicine as a medical specialty because I believed in treating the entire person regardless of their age, background, or medical condition. Family Medicine as a specialty is the most holistic and comprehensive of all specialties.

I strive to treat each patient with the kind of respect and professional attention that I would expect for myself or my family.

I believe that each person who walks into my office or whom I see in the hospital deserves kindness, patience, and a common sense and intelligent approach to their medical concerns and needs.

For me the most important ingredient of the doctor and patient interaction is the listening and understanding that the physician needs to demonstrate in order to understand how best to help his patients and their families.

This is also the most rewarding part of medicine for me!

Dr. Abusharr's Experience

Dr. Abusharr's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine

• Alzheimer's Disease
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atrial Fibrillation
  • Benign Positional Vertigo
  • Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML)
  • Diabetes Coma
  • Diabetes Ketones
  • Diabetic Ketoacidosis
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Laceration
  • Testosterone Deficiency
  • Thrush
  • Thyroid Disease
  • Tonsillitis
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Ulcer

Fellowship Hospital | Completed
  • Baylor Coller Of Medicine-Assistant Clinical Professor
    Other Education | Completed

• Pfizer Teaching Award, 2009

Dr. Abusharr has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Abusharr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Abusharr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Abusharr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Abusharr to family and friends
3.2
Dr. Abusharr's Performance
    GOOD
    GOOD
in Spring, TX |
Dr. Abusharr is so genuine. He spends as much time with his patients as they need. BONUS he listens! He respects that parents are educated about vaccines and honors their right to choose. Thrilled that we got a vaccine exemption for our grandson's school. BRAVO Dr. Abusharr for not going with the flow! He lost LOTS OF $$$$$ by allowing parents to decide. Honorable.
in The Woodlands, TX |
I found Dr Abusharr when I was trying to find someone to treat my mom. The first appointment I knew that he would be my family's dr. He always takes the time to get the "whole picture" before any treatment is recommended. He makes sure that I am clear and understand what needs to be done. He is extremely compassionate and genuinely cares about you and your needs.
in Spring, TX |
Love the level of care Dr Abusharr provides. I would give a 5 star rating if his staff returned phone calls.
Spring, TX |
Rude staff. No follow-up. Their administrative process is broken. Billing manager never returns calls/emails. Dr Raja, the community loves you! Please fix.
in Conroe, TX |
I found Dr, Abusharr to be punctual and extremely engaging. It has been years since I have visited with a doctor who takes the time to actually to talk with you and not at you. His staff was very accommodating and the facility was spotless. I highly recommend Family Medicine Of Sterling Ridge, The Woodlands, TX
in Spring, TX |
My family and I started seeing Dr. Abusharr in September. My husband, 2 children, and myself all see him. He has AMAZING bed side manner. He is friendly, kind, caring, and gentle. You can really tell that he not only loves his work but his patients too. He takes his time and gets to know you. My kids love him and actually look forward to going to the doctor.
Houston, TX |
The Dr is nice guy.. but the ladies at the front desk are just terrible. I went to get a physical exam and I was really disapointed ...all the experience in general was bad, the good thing is that I tried and I know that next year or for any other medical reason I need to find other place. So sad..
in Magnolia, TX |
My family has been seeing the doctors and nurse practitioners here for several years. Recently, we all have been seen by Tracy Staley, and all of us absolutely LOVE her. She's worked with my husband, my 24-year old son, my 20-year old daughter and me. Not only is she the nicest person we've ever dealt with in a medical setting, she CARES!!!! She is thorough, so patient, and she really wants to help you feel better. While we've always been happy with the staff here, we're THRILLED with Tracy, her
in The Woodlands, TX |
Dr Abusharr is very good but I have only seen nurse practitioners for the last 2 years. The level of care I am receiving is superficial and basic. They are terrible at submitting prescriptions and lab work! It is definately time to shop around. Sad to see the decline since moving to the new location.
As a long time patient (7yrs)at this office it's disappointing to leave a review that's less than positive. Dr.Abushar is a lovely Doctor. Unfortunately he is only available 1-2 hrs a day in the afternoon. Getting an apt is near impossible. Most every appointment you are required to see a nurse practitioner. The extremely high turnover in staff is very disappointing. The new office manager is rude and not at all concerned for the patients needs. very unfortunate.
Have you seen Dr. Raja Abusharr, MD?
Are you Dr. Abusharr?

Visit Dr. Abusharr

Dr. Abusharr accepts 8 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
    Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO