Dr. Raj Yalamanchili, MD

Dr. Raj Yalamanchili, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Male
Dr. Raj Yalamanchili, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Havre de Grace, MD. He has been practicing for 12 years. Read his story

2027 Pulaski Hwy

Havre de Grace, MD 21078

• CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Coventry Health Care of Delaware

Learn about Dr. Yalamanchili

See how frequently Dr. Yalamanchili performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Osteoarthritis
Knee Disorders
Osteoarthritis of Knee

Dr. Yalamanchili's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Yalamanchili's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Yalamanchili "Dr. Raj Yalamanchili is a fellowship trained joint replacement surgeon who specializes in anterior hip replacement using the HANA table, MAKO robotic hip replacement, knee replacement and revision hip and knee surgery. He is a graduate of New Jersey Medical School and received his orthopedic training at Seton Hall University, NJ and Alfred I. Dupont Hospital for Children in Delaware. He received fellowship training in joint replacement at Sinai Hospital in Baltimore. He has presented and published research in peer reviewed journals and national symposia and has won numerous awards and scholarships for excellence in research and academics. He has been awarded Top Doctor 2017 by Baltimore Magazine. He serves as the Director of Joint Replacement at University of Maryland Upper Chesapeake Medical Center."

This content was provided by Dr. Yalamanchili "Dr.Raj Yalamanchili prefers an individualized approach to all patients as each patient is unique and deserves tailored treatment. He customizes his office visits to address the specific needs and concerns of individual patients in a relaxed atmosphere. He was drawn to orthopedic surgery as a career because he felt this profession would allow him to help his patients immediately with both operative and non-operative solutions.

Specializing in joint replacement and preservation enables him to offer treatment that brings them pain relief, the ability to return to their daily activities, and to resume hobbies that they have not been able to do for months or even years. Surgery is used as a last resort after PT, injections and braces."

• Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics

• Coccyx or Sacrum Fracture
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Gout
  • Hand Fracture
  • Hip Fracture
  • Hip Pointer Injuries
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Spine Fracture Treatment
  • Synovial Biopsy
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Maryland.

• Rutgers Med Sch-Umdnj
  • Sinai Hospital Of Baltimore-Hip and Knee Replacement Surgery
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed
  • A.I Dupont Hospital For Children Pediatric Orthopedic Rotation
    Other Education | Completed

Dr. Yalamanchili has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Yalamanchili does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Yalamanchili and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Yalamanchili's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Yalamanchili to family and friends
Dr. Yalamanchili's Performance
in FALLSTON |
Dr. Yalamanchili did a total hip replacement on me. He took his time explaining the procedure and making sure I understood what to expect. He patiently answered any questions that I had. I never felt rushed which isn't always the case when seeing a doctor these days. The surgery went very well and I only required 10 therapy sessions at home. I did continue doing the therapy and think that was important in my speedy recovery. He is a very kind, compassionate, and competent man. Great surgeon!
Bel Air, MD |
Great Doctor! Very meticulous and thorough. Never felt rushed. I had my hip done by him. I’m an engineer so I got into the weeds a little bit with the hardware he was installing. He took the time to answer all my questions.
Havre De Grace, MD |
I recently had hip surgery Yalamanchili. He did a great job from start to finish. The overall process from start to finish was easy and great. Would recommend his practice to others. Bolek.
Dr, Yalamanchili performed my total knee replacement and I could not be more pleased with the outcome. The surgery went very well, my knee is healing very well and physical therapy has been a tremendous help in the healing process. I would recommend Dr. Yalamanchili for any orthopedic procedure. He is very thorough, very precise and very kind to his patients.
in Aberdeen, MD |
would highly recommend Dr. Yalamanchile
in Street, MD |
If you need any orthopedic surgery, you could not choose a more experienced, caring surgeon than Dr. Yalamanchili. He answered all my questions and gave me the confidence to proceed with the total hip replacement. There were absolutely no issues after the surgery. I only had to take pain pills for a week. Dr. Yalamanchili takes the time to explain everything. The best decision I ever made, was having Dr. Yalamanchili do the surgery. You will not be disappointed!!!!
in Kingsville Md. |
Had both hips replaced by Dr. Yalamanchili in 2017!! First in Feb, second in Aug!!! Both operations went well with no problems!! Both the doctor & his staff are very professional! Pre-op & post- op went well with out a hitch!!! I would definitely recommend Dr. Yalamanchili!! The doctor specializes in hips & knees! The Dr. used a robot for alignment purposes on both hips!
in Conowingo, MD |
Dr Raj Yalamanchili is a wonderful doctor. From the time we met with him, we felt that we were in great hands. He explained the surgery, asked if we had questions or thoughts. He took his time to listen to my husbands other medical concerns and addressed them. We felt so comfortable with my husband going into surgery under Dr Raj care. We are so happy with the outcome of the total knee replacement. Dr Raj has given us a gift. My husband can walk so well with no pain at 79 years ??
in Bel Air, MD |
As soon as I met with Dr Raj, I knew he was the surgeon I wanted to do my total hip replacement. He was thorough and completely focused on doing the best for me, whether evaluating my condition, educating me about my surgery, performing the procedure itself or following up on my recovery. He listened carefully and made every effort to answer all of my questions and allay my fears. Dr Raj is a consummate professional.
in 21014 |
I broke my ankle in June and Dr. Raj did my surgery a few days later. He was very informative and personable.
in Havre De Grace, MD |
I met with Dr. Yalamanchili in2016 for a fractured pelvis and in 2017 for arthroscopic knee surgery. It is so wonderful to be able to walk with minimum pain. The staff at the office and also at the hospital were always caring, polite and friendly. Dr. Yalamanchili answered any questions I had, explained what procedures needed tone done and did so in a polite and courteous manner. I had minimal pain after the knee surgery and am able to resume my walks. I highly recommend Dr. Yalamanchili.
in Port Deposit, MD |
Originally my spouse had his knee replacement done in January 2017 by Dr. Yalamanchili and was extremely impressed by how caring he was and was able to answer all his questions and concerns. He also made a personal call to our home (who does that anymore) to see how he was doing! Then I needed a Hip replacement after several pain suffering months. I too went to Dr. Yalamanchili and I also gained the same respect. We both are doing well with our "new parts in place". I highly recommend.
in Bel Air, MD |
I was a little worried about having my knee replaced but once i meet with Dr. Raj Yalamanchili he put my worries to rest. He explained everything that would happen to me and answered all my questions in words I understood. Dr. Yalamanchili was wonderful, my surgery went exactly as he explained and i had no surprises. I will recommend him to anyone who needs his services. Dr. Yalamanchili is an excellent doctor.
in Bel Air, MD |
I first went to Dr. Yalmanchili just over 4 years ago when I broke my arm. He helped me through the recovery. I recently went to him cause of my knee. He evaluated me and gave me advice to make sure it heals properly. Dr. Yalmanchili is both a great doctor and a better person. I would highly recommend him to anyone.
Aberdeen, MD |
Highly recommend.......
Baltimore, MD |
Dr. Raj did a great job in the care and surgery of my total knee replacement. He was genuinely concerned post op of my recovery and status of the knee.
in Street, MD |
Dr. Yalamachili is a great physician and is very skilled at what he does. He operated on my son when he needed a plate put in to help heal his broken collarbone, and was always there if we needed him. The checkups were always to-the-point and helpful. Overall he is a great and helpful doctor.
Joppa, MD |
Dr Yalamanchili is the best. I needed a knee replacement, because my previous one was giving me a lot of pain. My previous Doctor would not do it, he sent to me to Dr Yalamanchili. He did a great job, on my knee. I would recomemmend him to anyone.
Havre De Grace, MD |
Dr. Yalamanchili is straightforward when discussing your options doing your visit. He will give you all the pros and cons for each process’s and he will support the you’re the decision you make.
in Parkton, MD |
My father, an elderly gent broke his hip in a fall. We had been seeing Dr. Raj for previous aches and pains and he always did a great job diagnosing what was going on. In this case Dr. Raj performed a complete hip replacement. Again he did a wonderful job communicating with me and my mother after the surgery. Follow-up exams showed he was doing fine. Bottom line...not only is this man an excellent surgeon...he knows how to talk to the patient AND his family. You could not do better than to RaJ
Havre de Grace, MD |
I have both knees done by Dr. Raj. Both different things done acl and torn meniscus. Both times I was very pleased with the outcome!
in Joppa, MD |
I highly recommend Dr. Yalamanchilli for issues you maybe experiencing with your knees. He is intellectual, compassionate and an effective listener. He explains your options in simplistic terms and involves the patient in the decision making process. I utilized two different orthopedic surgeons for three prior knee procedures. Hands down Dr. Yalamanchilli was the best orthopedic surgeon in my experinces. I couldn't be more pleased with the services rendered by him.
in Bel Air, MD |
Needed a total hip replacement at 66. Dr. Raj did it in a Tuesday in October and I went home Wednesday. Do all the therapy if you can. It is niw January and I do my own therapudic exercises three times a werk at home. I am up to walking 2.25 miles three times a week. No complications. Do your therapy uf you can an listen to Dr. Raj - great guy and you'll like him!
in Bel Air, MD |
I have had the such a great experience during my recent knee surgery with Dr. Raj! How lucky Upper Chesapeake Hospital is to have him. Both he and his entire office staff, especially Nancy Pence, is second to none. Everyone is always so pleasant, professional and empathetic to the needs of their patients. I consider myself blessed to have worked with them and know that, if in the future I need any further help, they will be there to help me. They have all my trust.
in Bel Air, MD |
Very honest and straightforward, cares about his patients, and his surgery is very technically sound and precise. Had two shoulder surgeries and both went very well. I would recommend Dr. Raj to anyone who is scared to get surgery like me or feels like they may not be in competent hands with their current orthopedic surgeon or doctor. I highly recommend Dr. Raj. He also makes sure that his patient(s) understand everything they need to know about their condition.
in Aberdeen 21001 |
Dr. Raj. saw me for a fractured wrist, and treated it properly after 2 other facilities failed to do so. I was very pleased. I commend Dr. Raj. and would seek him out again. Thank you.
Havre de Grace, MD |
Dr. Yalamanchili performed hip replacement for me in late September with excellent results. He is skillful and caring and takes time to answer all patient questions and concerns. I highly recommend him to anyone who requires this surgery.
North East, MD |
I took my 7yr old because he broke his arm. The staff was always very nice and helpful. The Dr was nice and did a great job.
in York, PA |
I was told of Dr Yalamachili by a friend while searching for a surgeon to do a total knee replacement. I am grateful for her advice. Dr Raj as he is called has made this an overall successful and great experience. My surgery went well and am soon to return to a demanding physical job. I have and will continue in the future to recommend him to any who would be in need of his services. A professional and caring doctor,rare these days.
in Bel Air, MD |
Excellent surgeon both technically and supportive. Competent, efficient, and listens to your concerns.
in North East, MD |
Dr. Yalamanchili did a hip replacement on me in August and this is now November ..... Best decision I every made ..... took away the pain I was having and made my life style improve 100% ..... GREAT DOCTOR !!!!! Joyce A. Moscato
in Bel Air, MD |
Dr. Yalamanchili is truly a brilliant surgeon but more importantly a compassionate human being. I trust this man with my life as he has done knee replacement surgery on me and has been there every step of the way. Dr. Raj, as he likes to be called, is a Dr. you can trust and know that when you see him you will be getting the best of care as he has drained my knee 3 times and I kid you not, minimal discomfort, if any. Nancy his scheduler is also a wonderful lady and so pleasant to talk to.
in Bel Air, MD |
I have nothing but the utmost respect for Dr. Yalamanchili and his team. I incurred a trimalleolar fracture with an additional fracture on my fibula. Dr. Yalamanchili performed my surgery, installing 4 screws in my ankle and a plate on my fibula, which is also attached with screws. 9 weeks after my surgery and I am on my feet, walking with minimal effort! I truly believe that my correction could have gone either way, and that it was Dr. Yalamanchili’s good work that allowed me to heal.
in Bel Ari,MD |
Dr. Raj is a knowledgeable caring physician who went out of his way to make me feel at ease. He managed my expectations and concerns patiently and went out of his way to make sure I was comfortable with my scheduled procedure. For me anterior Makoplasty that Dr. Raj uses made my recovery more rapid than I would have guessed. No more pain and I'm back to old active self again. Marathons are a thing of the past however.
in Darlington, MD |
I would recommend him to my friends. He is very caring about his patients. He did operate on me for carpal tunnel syndrome and did an excellent job.
in Fallston, MD |
Dr. Raj is very friendly and personal. He has a genuine way about him.
Edgewood, MD |
Dr Raj Yalamanchili came highly recommended to me & I can see why. He is very thorough, patient & answers all questions. He explains procedures & I felt confident with my decision in Dr Raj performing my knee surgery.
in Forest Hill, MD |
I was so pleased with my visits with Dr Yalamanchili. He took the time needed to explain everything and put my mind at ease. He is very pleasant , extremely professional and has a wonderful personality . I highly recommend his services. Both offices that he operates out of are immaculate . The office staff and assistants are equally wonderful ~ so nice and caring ! I highly recommend Dr Yalamanchili & staff !
in Bel Air, MD |
Dr. Raj performed an artificial hip upgrade on my elderly father. The surgery went very well and my father has more mobility and less pain. Dr. Raj is an excellent surgeon and communicated the process and procedures with us in a clear and timely manner. Highly recommend him.
in Conowingo, MD |
I've had four surgeries on my knees and ankle. Dr. Yalamanchili performed two of the surgeries. I consider him to be the best of the three doctors that I've had. He's an excellent doctor and very personable and truly cares about his patients. I trust him completely and would recommend him to anyone.
in Bel Air, MD |
Dr. Raj performed my surgery to repair an elbow fracture w/ a plate and screws as well as my subsequent surgery to remove the hardware, at my request, one year later. I was well informed as to what expect before, during, and after each surgery. Dr. Raj is friendly and to-the-point but I never felt rushed nor uncomfortable to ask questions. As for the surgeries, I couldn't be happier with the results. I have almost full mobility in my elbow again (last surgery was only 6 weeks ago).
in Elkton, MD |
Dr. Yalamanchili performed my total hip replacement. I am completely satisfied and am no longer in any pain whatsoever. I was up and moving in no time. He is very knowledgeable and has a great, calm, bedside manor. I am completely confident in his expertise and would highly recommend him.
in Bel Air, MD |
At this time I will not recommend Dr Yalamanchilli to any one.
in Bel Air, MD |
i am 63 years old and Dr. Yalamanchili replaced my left knee. Dr. Yalamanchili made me feel confident that my surgery would be successful. He answered all my questions, so I understood what the surgery entailed and what to expect during recovery. Dr. Yalamanchili's staff is friendly and helpful. I would recommend Dr. Yalamanchili to everyone.
in Bel Air, MD |
Dr. Yalamanchili is clear, thoughtful, and honest. He was very patient in answering my many questions and he did a great job explaining what was happening inside my knee and why. His technical expertise and surgical treatment of my meniscus damage on my right knee was everything that I could have hoped for, and I am back to living my life. Additionally and surprisingly, I have also had an average wait time of an additional 60 minutes after my scheduled appointment time to get in with him.
in Abingdon, MD |
Referred to Dr. Raj for right knee, which he performed a total knee replacement and a manipulation. I couldn?t be more satisfied on how Dr. Raj handled my case. He explained everything to my husband and I. He is very knowledgeable, experience, detailed oriented in his field, also very kindhearted and made me feel very comfortable throughout this entire process. He is one of the few doctors that actually cares and listens to what you have to say. I highly recommend. Tx Dr. Raj, you're the best!
in Belcamp, MD |
Found Dr. Yalamanchili on line after checking him out had him do a total left knew replacement on January 23, 2016. Today had my six week check up and I am up and walking fine with no cane. Would recommend Dr. Yalamanchili highly for knee surgery. Surgery was performed at Upper Chesapeake hospital the they were outstanding.
Abingdon, MD |
Dr. Yalamanchili performed a close-fracture tibial plateau emergency operation with plate and 9 screws.
in Bel Air, MD |
Dr. Yalamanchili saw my husband as an emergency add on patient after an accident in September. He fit us into his schedule, got him set up quickly for surgery and was kind and patient throughout the entire experience. I am the Chief Operating Officer for a large healthcare practice and I certainly recognize good patient care when it's given. I couldn't be more pleased with how he treated my husband. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a good orthopedic surgeon.
in Joppa, MD |
I can say he's great. He made me feel like family. He explain the surgery in complete detail. I will have surgery next year, and guest what? He will be my doctor. I have recommend him to friend and family. Dr. Yalamanchili you are the best !!!!!!!! Thank you Deborah Monroe.
Have you seen Dr. Raj Yalamanchili, MD?
Are you Dr. Yalamanchili?

Visit Dr. Yalamanchili