Dr. Rahul Khurana, MD

Dr. Rahul Khurana, MD

Vitreoretinal Disease & Surgery  |

Dr. Rahul Khurana, MD is a vitreoretinal disease & surgery doctor who practices in Mountain View, CA. He is 41 years old and has been practicing for 15 years. Dr. Khurana is affiliated with Good Samaritan Hospital and Mills-Peninsula Medical Center.

Northern California Retina Vitreous Associates

• WellPoint

Learn about Dr. Khurana

Board Certified Ophthalmology

Dr. Khurana's Experience

Dr. Khurana's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Vitreoretinal Disease & Surgery

• Benign Neoplasm of Eye
  • Cataract
  • Central Serous Chorioretinopathy
  • Chorioretinal Scars
  • Choroidal Neovascular Membranes (CNVM)
  • Conjunctival Hemorrhage
  • Degenerative Disorders of Globe
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Retinal Dystrophy
  • Retinal Hemorrhage
  • Retinal Neovascularization
  • Retinal Vein Occlusion
  • Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP)
  • Senile Cataracts

• Paracentesis of Anterior Eye
  • Repair of Retinal Detachment or Retinal Tear
  • Scleral Buckling
  • Vitrectomy
  • Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair)
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery

No malpractice history found for California.

• Stanford University
  • Doheny Eye Institute, University of Southern California
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2007
  • Wilmer Eye Institute/Johns Hopkins Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2009

Dr. Khurana has no media or publications listed.

• Hindi

Dr. Khurana does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Khurana and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Khurana's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Khurana to family and friends
Dr. Khurana's Performance
in Belmont, CA |
I have the utmost respect for Dr. Khurana. The first time I saw him was for a torn Retina which required a Laser procedure which healed perfectly. I also had surgery done with him for a Macular Pucker. That surgery went very well, my 6 week check up showed my full vision had returned. He's a wonderful Doctor with a very calm and kind way about him. He is very through with his exams and explanations. I highly recommend as a Retina Specialist to anyone. I was seen at his San Mateo office.
in Sunnyvale, CA |
My left eye was diagnosed with Retinal Detachment and required urgent surgery. Dr Khurana performed the surgery. He explained the medical condition to me clearly and thoroughly and answered all my questions patiently before the surgery and in the follow up visits after. The surgery was very successful and I regained my vision completely. I am very happy with Dr Khurana and highly recommend him. Katayoun Mozayeni
Santa Clara, CA |
Dr. Khurana is an exceptional human being, and a very knowledgeable and competent physician. Each and every staff member in their office seems to love what they do, and are some of the kindest human beings. Dr. Khurana saw my father after he had had a complicated cataract surgery and retinal detachment in another country. Dr. Khurana was very patient, thorough, and went through each and every question we had, till we were reassured. A rare to find person and a rare clinic. Kudos!
San Jose, CA |
I went to Dr. Khurana for Vitreo Macular Traction when it was discovered after my Cataract Surgery. Dr. Khurana performed surgery on me within a few days. He was excellent every step of the way from explaining what I needed to know to my follow up care. I feel he saved my vision and restored what he could. He has a positive attitude and a reassuring bedside manner.
Cupertino, CA |
Dr. Khurana is the kindest, most intelligent, and skilled eye surgeon. I had severe torn retina. I came in when I didn't even realize what was happening to me. The staff stayed late on a Friday evening and made sure I had surgery scheduled by Saturday morning. He explained every step he took, unfortunately I was extremely sensitive to any light, Dr. Khurana was patient and used every means necessary to make me feel safe, and comfortable. I am so grateful to have healthy eyesight again!
Menlo Park, CA |
I was referred to Dr. Khurana for a torn retina and at the first appointment I was immediately reassured by his expertise and professional manner. His staff is friendly and efficient. I would highly recommend Dr. Khurana.
in Saratoga, CA |
Had a detached retina which Dr. Khurana promptly arranged and performed a successful procedure to repair the problem. The follow up care was also excellent and continues to this day---approximately 3 years later.
in Woodside, CA |
I've been seeing Dr. Khurana in his San Mateo practice for several years and I'm absolutely delighted with the fact that not only has he saved my vision, he has done it in a caring and compassionate manner. He always has time to answer questions (not that I have many because he explains things thoroughly) and shows concern for my general well being. Also, the staff is fantastic from the technicians to the behind-the-desk personnel who keep everything flowing smoothly. Definitely 5 stars !!
in Campbell, Ca |
Dr.Khurana is very knowledgeableand works efficiently. He takes good care of my eyes. Oscar
San Mateo, CA |
Treated displaced retina. Had progressed to highly serious when diagnosed. He attended to me immediately, did difficult in office treatment same day and has cared attentively in 2 years since. Nearly fully repaired now.
in Saratoga, CA |
Dr. Khurana is very friendly and easy to discuss. Most importantly I could trust Dr. Khurana on his surgery operation skills and professional care. After surgery, my recovery has been very smooth and I appreciate his support very much.
in San Jose, CA |
Dr. Khurana is a very caring and professional doctor. I always felt like I was getting the best care possible. I would highly recommend him to my friends and family.
in Belmont, CA |
Dr. Khurana's professional skill and judgement saved the vision in my left eye. He has a great bedside manner and takes the time to explain your condition and treatment options. He is exactly what a patient would want in their physician. I would highly recommend Dr. Khurana.
Sunnyvale, CA |
I became a patient of Dr. Khurana via my Optometrist's selection. I had an urgent situation with one of my eyes. During that appt with him, he was very pleasant, calm, and reassuring that he would figure it out and get my eyesight back to normal. He explained all treatment options to my husband and me in great detail. After a couple of appts, it became apparent I would need surgery - which went so fast and smooth, my eyesight was getting better the next day! I will recommend him to anyone!
in Campbell, CA |
I have been going to Dr. Khurana for over three years, very Friendly, Made me feel at ease. I would recommend him several Times over. Am so happy he was assigned to me. Because of him I am doing as good as I am, thank you Dr Khurana.
in San Jose, CA |
August 8 2016 I have known Dr. Rahul Khurana for approximately 2 years. Under Dr. Khurana's care, I participated in a Clinical Trial (SCORE2). This Trial, required an intravitreal injection every 4 weeks for 1 year. My eye responded very well to this procedure. The clinical trial is finished and injections are now 11 weeks apart. Dr. Khurana is extremely knowledgeable about this treatment. He is positive, enthusiastic, Very skilled and careful. He is the best in his field.
in San jose, CA |
Dr. Khurana, has been wonderful, he has been treating my husband for several years. We were first in a study that saved my husbands eye from a painful disease, and the chances of losing his eye. With his continued treatments, my husband eye is much better and needs the treatments less often. He is kind and gentle and when a Dr. says he is going to put a needle in your eye, you want to make sure you have the best, and he is.
in Saratoga, CA |
I have been under the care of Dr.Khurana for a branch vein occlusion for over two years. His approach to treatment methods and care have been excellent. His bedside manners and the time he takes to answer questions have been terrific and refreshingly stellar.
San Jose, CA |
5+ years ago Dr. Khurana performed surgery to repair my detached retina and three tears in my left eye. He carefully explained what was wrong, what needed to be done and the risks/rewards involved with this extremely delicate surgery. The surgery was a complete success. My eyesight is back! Have had yearly check ups since and all is well. Thank you!
in Cupertino, CA |
I was diagnosed with a macular pucker in my right eye. My GP. Referred me to Dr. Khurana. Tests were taken and evaluated and it was decided that I would benefit from surgery. My vision in that eye was 20/100. I felt very comfortable with Dr. Kahurana 's knowledge and advice and scheduled the surgery and the procedure was amazing. There was no discomfort or pain before, during or after the surgery. The entire experience was exceptional. This last visit my vision was 20/30. Thank you Dr. K.
Mountain View, CA |
Dr Khurana treated me for Macula Retinal Detachment. He did an excellent job at explaining options, performing procedure and later with follow up appointments.
in San Jose, CA |
I was diagnosed by my regular eye physician with Retina Tear, they were able to get me an appointment with Dr. Khurana the next day. Dr. K confirmed the diagnosis and performed a laser procedure to seal the tear. Since then I had 2 follow-up visits with him and everything was fine. Dr. K is very thorough and effective in what he does and careful diligent to follow up with patients. He is truly great!
in San Jose, CA |
I came to Dr. Khurana because he was very highly recommended by peers in his field.and now I know why. He absolutely fits the profile of a care giver that we all dream of. He listens patiently, does his work very competently and is extremely easy to talk to. I had broken blood vessels in my retina and I realized it too late. However, he has been able to repair some of the damage and maintaining my vision from getting any worse. Wish there were more medical professional like him in every field
in California |
Dr. Rahul Khurana performed pneumatic retinopexy to repair my detached retina. The pre-op meeting and surgery were scheduled as soon as possible. The surgery was very successful; two weeks later I am seeing well. Dr. Khurana and his staff could not have been better. They were a pleasure to work with. When there was a wait because of an emergency, they told me so rather than leaving me to get frustrated. I recommend Dr. Khurana and Retina Vitreous Associates unhesitatingly.
in Los Altos, CA |
i have nothing to say other than positive comments about Dr. Khurana. He is professionally most capable. He relates well with me as a patient, greets me with a handshake and listens to what I have to say, using good eye contact. He is interested in research projects within his field and is lead investigator in a study that I take part in. He is a gentleman. I would recommend him to any person looking for a referral to a retinal specialist.
in San Carlos, CA |
Dr Khurana repaired my detached retina about three years ago. Its a very scary thing to loose vision. He saw me right away and assured me he could reattach it. He reattached it the next morning, and I have a yearly followup. I have great confidence in this ability and he always explains what he is doing and answers my questions.
in San Mateo, CA |
Dr. Khurana has my highest recommendation. His professional skills and personable manner not only saved my left eye multiple times but gave me great confidence and faith in the procedures and the outcome. I have and will continue to recommend him to others.
in San Mateo, CA |
I would recommend Dr Khurana to anyone that requires the services of an experienced, caring and thoughtful medical doctor.
in Sunnyvale, CA |
Easy to communicate with about my condition. Not rushed to finish appointment. Friendly.
in San Jose, CA |
Dr. Khurana has my highest recommendation. He has taken care of my retinal issues on multiple occasions. He basically saved the vision in my left eye. He is very personable and caring. I thank God for having put him in my path. Guillermo
Have you seen Dr. Rahul Khurana, MD?
Are you Dr. Khurana?

San Jose, CA 95124
Mills-Peninsula Medical Center
1501 Trousdale Dr
Burlingame, CA 94010

More Ophthalmology Specialists like Dr. Khurana at Northern California Retina Vitreous Associates

Ophthalmology Specialist