Dr. Rahul N. Khurana, MD

Dr. Rahul N. Khurana, MD

Vitreoretinal Disease & Surgery | Male

Northern California Retina Vitreous Associates 2485 Hospital Dr Ste 200, Mountain View, CA 94040 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Board Certified OphthalmologyRead more

Dr. Khurana's Experience

97Experience
Match

See how Dr. Khurana's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Khurana

Dr. Khurana accepts 12 insurance carriers

12 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Khurana has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Khurana

Dr. Khurana's Review Details
5 based on 42 responses
Experience with Dr. Khurana
Dr. Khurana's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (37)
in San Jose, CA |
August 8 2016 I have known Dr. Rahul Khurana for approximately 2 years. Under Dr. Khurana's care, I participated in a Clinical Trial (SCORE2). This Trial, required an intravitreal injection every 4 weeks for 1 year. My eye responded very well to this procedure. The clinical trial is finished and injections are now 11 weeks apart. Dr. Khurana is extremely knowledgeable about this treatment. He is positive, enthusiastic, Very skilled and careful. He is the best in his field.
in San jose, CA |
Dr. Khurana, has been wonderful, he has been treating my husband for several years. We were first in a study that saved my husbands eye from a painful disease, and the chances of losing his eye. With his continued treatments, my husband eye is much better and needs the treatments less often. He is kind and gentle and when a Dr. says he is going to put a needle in your eye, you want to make sure you have the best, and he is.
in Saratoga, CA |
I have been under the care of Dr.Khurana for a branch vein occlusion for over two years. His approach to treatment methods and care have been excellent. His bedside manners and the time he takes to answer questions have been terrific and refreshingly stellar.
San Jose, CA |
5+ years ago Dr. Khurana performed surgery to repair my detached retina and three tears in my left eye. He carefully explained what was wrong, what needed to be done and the risks/rewards involved with this extremely delicate surgery. The surgery was a complete success. My eyesight is back! Have had yearly check ups since and all is well. Thank you!
in Cupertino, CA |
I was diagnosed with a macular pucker in my right eye. My GP. Referred me to Dr. Khurana. Tests were taken and evaluated and it was decided that I would benefit from surgery. My vision in that eye was 20/100. I felt very comfortable with Dr. Kahurana 's knowledge and advice and scheduled the surgery and the procedure was amazing. There was no discomfort or pain before, during or after the surgery. The entire experience was exceptional. This last visit my vision was 20/30. Thank you Dr. K.
Mountain View, CA |
Dr Khurana treated me for Macula Retinal Detachment. He did an excellent job at explaining options, performing procedure and later with follow up appointments.
in San Jose, CA |
I was diagnosed by my regular eye physician with Retina Tear, they were able to get me an appointment with Dr. Khurana the next day. Dr. K confirmed the diagnosis and performed a laser procedure to seal the tear. Since then I had 2 follow-up visits with him and everything was fine. Dr. K is very thorough and effective in what he does and careful diligent to follow up with patients. He is truly great!
in San Jose, CA |
I came to Dr. Khurana because he was very highly recommended by peers in his field.and now I know why. He absolutely fits the profile of a care giver that we all dream of. He listens patiently, does his work very competently and is extremely easy to talk to. I had broken blood vessels in my retina and I realized it too late. However, he has been able to repair some of the damage and maintaining my vision from getting any worse. Wish there were more medical professional like him in every field
in California |
Dr. Rahul Khurana performed pneumatic retinopexy to repair my detached retina. The pre-op meeting and surgery were scheduled as soon as possible. The surgery was very successful; two weeks later I am seeing well. Dr. Khurana and his staff could not have been better. They were a pleasure to work with. When there was a wait because of an emergency, they told me so rather than leaving me to get frustrated. I recommend Dr. Khurana and Retina Vitreous Associates unhesitatingly.
in Los Altos, CA |
i have nothing to say other than positive comments about Dr. Khurana. He is professionally most capable. He relates well with me as a patient, greets me with a handshake and listens to what I have to say, using good eye contact. He is interested in research projects within his field and is lead investigator in a study that I take part in. He is a gentleman. I would recommend him to any person looking for a referral to a retinal specialist.
in San Carlos, CA |
Dr Khurana repaired my detached retina about three years ago. Its a very scary thing to loose vision. He saw me right away and assured me he could reattach it. He reattached it the next morning, and I have a yearly followup. I have great confidence in this ability and he always explains what he is doing and answers my questions.
in San Mateo, CA |
Dr. Khurana has my highest recommendation. His professional skills and personable manner not only saved my left eye multiple times but gave me great confidence and faith in the procedures and the outcome. I have and will continue to recommend him to others.
in San Mateo, CA |
I would recommend Dr Khurana to anyone that requires the services of an experienced, caring and thoughtful medical doctor.
in Sunnyvale, CA |
Easy to communicate with about my condition. Not rushed to finish appointment. Friendly.
in San Jose, CA |
Dr. Khurana has my highest recommendation. He has taken care of my retinal issues on multiple occasions. He basically saved the vision in my left eye. He is very personable and caring. I thank God for having put him in my path. Guillermo
Have you seen Dr. Rahul N. Khurana, MD?
Are you Dr. Rahul N. Khurana, MD? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Compare Dr. Khurana

• Benign Neoplasm of Eye
    • Cataract
    • Central Serous Chorioretinopathy
    • Chorioretinal Scars
    • Choroidal Neovascular Membranes (CNVM)
    • Conjunctival Hemorrhage
    • Degenerative Disorders of Globe
    • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
    • Diabetic Retinopathy
    • Retinal Dystrophy
    • Retinal Hemorrhage
    • Retinal Neovascularization
    • Retinal Vein Occlusion
    • Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP)
    • Senile Cataracts

• Paracentesis of Anterior Eye
    • Repair of Retinal Detachment or Retinal Tear
    • Scleral Buckling
    • Vitrectomy
    • Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair)
    • Vitreoretinal Surgery

No malpractice history found for California.

Duke University School Of Medicine

Wilmer Eye Institute/Johns Hopkins Hospital

Completed in 2009

Stanford University

Graduated in 1998

Dr. Khurana has no media or publications listed.

• Hindi

Dr. Khurana does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Khurana and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Khurana's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Vitreoretinal Disease & Surgery
    • Board certified in Ophthalmology
    ×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Khurana

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Khurana's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
    Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
    Staff friendliness and courteousness
    Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
    10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Khurana

Level of trust in provider's decisions
    How well provider explains medical condition(s)
    How well provider listens and answers questions
    Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Khurana's Care Philosophy