Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Rahul Deshmukh, MD
Dr. Rahul Deshmukh, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Jacksonville, FL. He is 46 years old and has been practicing for 20 years. Dr. Deshmukh is affiliated with Saint Vincent's Medical Center Riverside and Saint Vincent's Medical Center Southside.

10475 Centurion Pkwy N Ste 220

Jacksonville, FL 32256

• AARP
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • AvMed
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • CareFirst BlueChoice, Inc.
  • CSX Railroad
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)

Learn about Dr. Deshmukh

Southeast Orthopedic Specialists is dedicated to providing the community with the highest quality healthcare through our commitment to leadership and excellence. Through this mission, we strive to set the standard for quality healthcare delivery in the region bringing national-level care to a local setting.

Dr. Deshmukh's Experience

Dr. Deshmukh's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  • Board certified in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine, Orthopedic Surgery and Sports Medicine

• Sports Medicine

• Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
    Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*
    Accredited by: American Board of Medical Specialties*
  • Sports Medicine
    Accredited by: American Board of Medical Specialties*

• Brachial Plexus Palsy
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Hip Fracture
  • Hip Sprain
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Rotator Cuff Injuries

• Knee Surgery
  • Knee and Leg Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Partial Shoulder Replacement

• Harvard University Med Sch Bringham Womens Hosp
  • Institute For Bone and Joint Disorders
  • New England Baptist Hospital

• Valedictorian, The Bolles School, 1989

Dr. Deshmukh has no media or publications listed.

• French
  • Hindi
  • Marathi

Dr. Deshmukh does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Deshmukh and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Deshmukh's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Deshmukh to family and friends
Dr. Deshmukh's Performance
in Jacksonville, FL |
Doc Deshmukh is not only the greatest doctor I have ever had, but he has also become a great friend! He is the most compassionate, caring, personable doctor I have ever met and I am sincerely grateful that the Good Lord placed him in my life! I have had two surgeries with Doc Deshmukh, the second being a complete reverse shoulder replacement. I cannot begin to express how this procedure changed my life, all I can share here is I went from continuous pain 100% of the time to being pain free!
Jacksonville, FL |
I was recommended by a Physical Therapist friend to Dr. Deshmukh for shoulder pain. He diagnosed a torn rotator cuff and scheduled surgery. I had the surgery and completed the associated physical therapy. The over all process was very successful and patient friendly. The Drs, PAs, and therapist are all on the same page. I couldn't be happier with the outcome. If you choose Dr. Deshmukh and team, you will be in good hands. I recommend him without reservation.
in Jacksonville, FL |
When I first met Dr. Deshmukh and he informed me I needed significant shoulder surgery I jokingly told him I would be headed to the Keys in five months and needed to be ready by then for a couple of weeks of fishing. Not only was I able to enjoy my fishing trip I have been able to get back to sporting activities and home projects I had to give up six months before the surgery. Dr. D and his staff show a personal caring attitude and wonderful surgical skills. I don't hesitate to recommend Dr. D
in Fernandina Beach, FL |
Feel I received excellent care and results with my shoulder repair surgery. While Dr. Deshmukh is a highly sought after surgeon, he always was up to date on my case and spent the time to discuss any of my concerns. He always made sure I had all my questions answered. I would highly recommend.
in Jacksonville, Fl |
Dr. Deshmukh is top in his field. He precribes treatment and recommends surgery that best suits patient needs, not what is most profitable to him! He is highly ranked as a national expert in his field, particularly with orthopedic medicine related to sports injury. His work quality, ethics and professionalism are unmatched.
in Jacksonville, FL |
If you demand the best...start with the best! Dr. Deshmukh has repaired both of my shoulders. I am thrilled with the results. He is a true professional and best of all, a caring physician that has not only the physical side but the personal side of his patients as his concern. I cannot begin to tell you in words what an outstanding physician and person this man is.... a one in a million. His staff is superior as is the therapy group I saw post surgery. Professional and positive attitudes.
Jacksonville, FL |
Dr. D performed my total knee replacement and he was fantastic! The night before the surgery, he called me around 9 pm to see if I had any last minute questions or concerns. He wanted to reassure me that he and his team would take good care of me and wanted me to just relax. That simple phone call was so unbelievably comforting and I knew I had chosen the right surgeon. I am about 4 months post-op and doing great! Dr. D and his team are the best!
in Ormond Beach, FL |
Dr. Deshmukh performed a total reverse replacement of my shoulder. I suffered for years from chronic pain which interrupted my sleep. I had a small range of motion and could no longer enjoy activities I loved. Dr. D. was fantastic from day one. After imaging the shoulder he recommended the reverse replacement. Dr. D fully explained his diagnosis and recommendations. After a short recovery I am pain free, playing golf and should have done this years ago. 5 stars for Dr. D, very highly recommended
in Jacksonville, FL |
Dr. Rahul Deshmukh performed my Total Joint replacement February 16th and my shoulder felt better after 1 week than the day before my surgery. It was like my pain was gone instantly. I had a lot of anxiety leading up to having the surgery. But it all went so smooth. I will not hesitate when the time comes to do my left shoulder. Thanks to Dr. Deshmukh and his entire team which were fantastic. Ron King
in Jacksonville, FL |
Dr. Rahul Deshmukh is a wonderful Orthopedic Surgeon. He performed a Reverse Total Shoulder Replacement (Orthoplasty) on my right shoulder that resulted in absolutely no complications, a shorter recovery time to functional use, with complete range of motion, and much better experience than a simpler conventional Orthoplasty on my left shoulder by another doctor. Dr. Deshmukh takes a very conservative approach, without rushing the eminent physical therapy. I'm so pleased with the final results.
in Orange Park, FL |
In 2010, Dr. Deshmukh operated on my right shoulder - rotator cuff tear and my surgery was a success. When my knee was hurting, I sought Dr. Deshmukh. In Oct. 2016, Dr. Deshmukh operated on my left knee - total knee replacement. Just like before, he and the hospital staff took great care of me. Most important - do therapy! My 6 months checkup - x-rays are fine and I'm doing great! Dr. Deshmukh, Brian Tardiff, PA-C and staff have all been professional, courteous and Awesome!
in Jacksonville, FL |
I had an excellent experience with Dr. Deshmukh and his staff. After living with knee pain for years I finally decided to do the replacement. After numerous shots that only gave me temporary relief. I was ready. St. Vincents hospital was excellent and after the surgery I was home in 2 days. I knew what to expect and they were right. My confidence in the doctor was great and I feel like a new person! I can now take my youngest grandson to pre school gymnastics as I did with his brothers. Thanks!
in Jacksonville, FL |
Doctor Deshmukh and staff were awesome from diagnosis to the surgical procedure. After surgery the follow ups with the doctors and physical therapists at center one both Sommer and Kristen were great and kept me on track for my rehab and healing. Thanks Guys.
in W Lafayette, In |
A good experience from initial visit through physical therapy for a reverse shoulder replacement. I would recommend Dr D and Southeast Orthopedic for any joint repair or replacement.
in Ponte Vedra, FL |
I adore Dr. Deshmukh and have recommended him to several friends. I went to him for a torn rotator cuff. He was so calm, friendly and reassuring as he explained the surgery and the therapy afterwards. He even called the night before surgery to reassure me and answer any last minute questions. The surgery went very welI and I am very pleased with the end result. I have been to plenty of doctors in my 60+ years, but Dr. Deshmukh is by and far the absolute BEST I have ever had!
in Jacksonville, FL |
Dr. Deshmukh did a great job repairing my torn labrum and rotator cuff. I am able to get back to playing sports and doing the things I did before my accident. It has been a long road but I am glad I had Dr. D by my side. He is a great surgeon and takes the time to listen to everything you have to say and answers all of your questions. All of the staff at the Riverside location were great, including the PT's.
in Jacksonville, FL |
We trust Dr. Deshmukh with our orthopedic care. Two years ago, Dr. Deshmukh performed hip surgery on our daughter . She recovered completely and was able to resume her activities. Recently, she ruptured her ACL and being familiar with Dr Deshmunk, his outstanding surgical capabilities, his interest in his patients, the comforting treatment, and care he shows, we returned to see him. His assisting staff, including Ryan Sutton, PA, his assistant Phillip were very knowledgeable and comforting.
in St Augustine, FL |
In August of last year I needed a total reverse shoulder and the surgeon was Dr D! In December he replaced my knee! He is the most personable, kind and caring Doctor I have had! I have had the best outcomes from both procedures and would reccomend him to anyone looking for an Orthopedic Doctor in Jacksonville or anywhere else locally! If I ever needed him again I would travel to him from where ever I was! His choice for my PT was an exceptional referral as well!
in Yulee, Florida |
Dr. Deshmukh was recommended to me by a physical therapist who helped rehabilitate many of his patients. I am very pleased with the results of my rotator cuff repair. It is not a very pleasant recovery but after the excellent job he performed and physical therapy I feel as good as new. There is no more pain and I have full range of motion again. The staff and especially the very best physical therapist Josh are awesome.
Jacksonville, FL |
I was referred to Dr. Rahul Deshmukh at Southeast Orthopedic Specialists by my Physical Therapist for a second opinion. Dr. Deshmukh was attentive to my overall health history and ordered an MRI which revealed significant meniscus problems necessitating arthroscopic surgery. My primary health care providers did not listen/probe as far as Dr. D. The surgery process and follow-up services were professional and thorough and involved Dr. D and his staffers. My left leg range of motion is great.
in Jacksonville, FL |
One of the nicest, most personable gentlemen you would ever wish to meet. Add that to the fact that he is an outstanding surgeon and you have something special. He did surgery on my shoulder and there was no swelling and very little pain. I would highly recommend Dr. D and his staff to anyone!
Jacksonville, Florida |
This doctor is not very good. He did not listen well and did not answer questions asked of him and instead just ignored the questions he didn't want to answer. The wait time for an appointment, MRI and surgery was extremely long for someone in pain. Felt like patients were cattle being herded in and out as quick as possible. The doctor was very vague about restrictions and time frame to return to work after surgery. There was no doc on call for a problem after surgery. horrible experience!
in St Augustine, FL |
. An MRI showed that bone spurs in my hip had torn through two tendons and shredded muscles. I went to Dr. Rahul Deshmukh for a second opinion on how this extensive repair could be done. When I left that appointment, I knew I had found a world class surgeon. Dr. Rahul Deshmukh devised and executed a unique repair that has given me my life back. He and his wonderful team led me through the difficult surgery and long recovery.
in St Augustine, FL |
I have no problem with the actual surgery done on my shoulder. The ENTIRE process prior and following was so stressful and unnecessary that I cannot comfortably recommend this doctor. The Southeast clinic is so poorly run it is unacceptable to me. Communication is non-existing between staff members. They forgot to get an ok from my insurance which postponed my surgery for 2 months! The doctor relies on PAs for most of the appointments (except the initial). The PA was rude and condescending.
in Jacksonville, FL |
I choose Southeast Orthopedic for a second option, other location only wanted to talk surgery. Dr Deshmukh didn't say I wouldn't have surgery, but there were other options we could try, and in time surgery would be the answer, arthritis was the problem. I can't say enough about my experience with Dr Deshmukh, and his staff. Surgery on Thursday, released from St Vincent's' Southside on Friday, and by Saturday I had my last Pain pill. This is my second shoulder surgery, no pain afterward.
in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL |
I suffered from a traumatic accident which caused my left shoulder to completely dislocate, I immediately relocated my own shoulder out of shear instinct and adrenaline. I caused so much damage in doing so. After a month of dealing with insurances and daily dislocations(up to 11 times a day) I got in to see Dr D. He listened he explained he cared and most importantly he performed surgery and FIX ME. He honestly was heaven sent and the best Dr ever!!! LOVE HIM
in Jacksonville, FL |
After talking to more than a few people who have gone through knee replacement surgery, and taking my own into account, I tell everyone who will listen, don't go anywhere but Southeast Orthopedics, and don't talk to anyone but Dr. Deshmukh. He is the best there is, and I feel lucky to have him in my corner. He and the entire team are complete professionals, including the Physical Therapy Department. Everyone on the team knows what is going on with each and every patient.
in Jacksonville, FL |
Dr. Deshmukh was very attentive. At my first visit he listened to the reason I was there and my current shoulder condition. He understood, asked questions and gave me a very knowledgeable solution to my shoulder problem. He also gave me his phone number in case I had any more questions. I felt as if I was in good hands.
in Orange Park, FL |
Dr. Deshmukh is the best!!
in Jacksonville, FL |
I should probably have given the practice 5 stars, but for a few minor, but important areas of concern to me. Dr. Deshmukh is an excellent surgeon, and a real rarity in that he also has a wonderful bedside manner. This is my second shoulder surgery performed by him. He is encouraging of patients like myself who actively participate in their treatment. He listens well, answers questions and explores options patiently with someone like me who has a lot of questions. PA Brian Tardiff is also an exc
in Jacksonville, FL |
I have been an avid tennis player for 45 years. I have had serious right shoulder surgeries in 2008 and 2016 with Dr. Deshmukh. He completely repaired the damage each time. I can wholeheartedly say that Dr. Deshmukh and the Southeast Orthopedic Specialists team are the best. Dr. Deshmukh is exceptionally skilled and caring as is his physician's assistant and the physical therapists he leads. Dr. Deshmukh and his team do indeed provide the highest quality orthopedic care.
in Fernandina Beach, FL |
I had severe rotator cuff damage from a fall. After a local orthopedic surgeon recommended rehab and the vague possibility of arthroscopic repair, I tried the rehab which did not work. Dr. Deshmukh examined my shoulder and an MRI of it. He found hairline fractures in my shoulder that had been previously missed. After giving my bones time to heal, he performed the surgery and prescribed rehab beginning a few days thereafter. He is an excellent and caring doctor. I highly recommend him.
in Fernandina Beach, FL |
Dr. Deshmukh and his whole staff were great professionals through my procedure . The best thing that had never happened to me was the night before my procedure , the Dr. called me personally on his cell phone to check and see if I was ok and ready for my operation, I've had many operation but not one Dr. ever called me the night before
in Waycross, GA |
Excellent bedside manners, takes the time to listen to the all over problem. Explains the type of surgery and make sure you fully understand the positive and negatives of the surgery. He also makes sure family members are well informed and the follow up is awesome the staff is great.
in Saint Marys, GA |
I recently underwent a total knee replacement with Dr. Deshmukh as surgeon; Dr. Deshmukh was also the surgeon for my torn rotator cuff repair three years ago. In both instances, he made himself available for questions, clearly explained surgical procedures, the benefits of having the surgery, and steps for recovery. Dr. Deshmukh and his staff are highly experienced, helpful, and caring. Thanks to him my quality of life has improved 100%. I recommend Dr. Deshmukh without hesitation.
in Jacksonville, FL |
I had bi- lateral total knee replacement. He is the best!
in Orange Park, FL |
Dr.Deshmukh was a kind and wonderfully patient doctor He did a great job fixing my tore up shoulder.
in Neptune Beach, Florida |
He is the kindest, most caring, most thoughtful, most talented physician I have ever known. He is genuine and truly cares about his patients. I am blessed to have him as my doctor and surgeon. He and his PA Brian have changed my life for the better. I love them and their staff.
Have you seen Dr. Rahul Deshmukh, MD?
Are you Dr. Deshmukh?

Visit Dr. Deshmukh

Dr. Deshmukh accepts 27 insurance carriers
  • AARP
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • AvMed
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
    Beech Street (Multiplan) EPO
  • CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • CareFirst BlueChoice, Inc.
    Great West Healthcare-Cigna
  • CSX Railroad
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Mayo Clinic