Dr. Rahul Anand, MD

Dr. Rahul Anand, MD

Pain Medicine  |
Dr. Rahul Anand, MD is a pain medicine doctor who practices in Fairfield, CT. He is 42 years old and has been practicing for 16 years. Dr. Anand is affiliated with Griffin Hospital.

52 Beach Rd Ste 204

Fairfield, CT 06824

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
  • EmblemHealth
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. Anand

See how frequently Dr. Anand performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Benign Chronic Pain Syndrome
Chronic Pain
Fibromyalgia

Dr. Anand's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Pain Medicine

• Polyneuropathy
  • Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
  • Upper Back Pain

• Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Epidural Lysis of Adhesions (LOA)
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Destruction by Neurolytic Agent
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS)

No malpractice history found for Connecticut.

• Boston Univ Sch Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 2001
  • Boston Med Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2002
  • University Of Pennsylvania Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2005
  • University Of Pennsylvania Med Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2006

Dr. Anand has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Anand does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Anand and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Anand's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Anand to family and friends
3.1
Dr. Anand's Performance
in Stratford |
Dr. Anand successfully treated me for chronic pain relating to my facet joint in the lumbar spine. I've had (4) herniated disk surgeries over a 30 year period, so I have chronic pain issues, especially with extension. At 54 I'm highly active with sports and want to remain that way. Dr. Anand performed local injections in the space which worked great, then performed a nerve ablation treatment with amazing results!! Dr. Anand is an excellent doctor. The proceedure was easy. I'm so thankful!
in Shelton, CT |
I have been seeing Dr. Anand and is PA, Anthony, for several years and highly recommend CT Pain & Wellness. I appreciate that Dr. Anand and Anthony are straight forward, they explain what they see as the problem and do not sugar coat the edges. I completely trust both of them. The staff members are friendly and helpful. I would be very reluctant to trust anyone else with my pain management.
in Milford, CT |
I have been going to Dr. Anand for more than a year now and have always been treated well. My injections in my neck have been a success so far. Now he is working on my lower back. He and his staff have always been pleasant and efficient. He takes the time to discuss all procedures with you ahead of time and afterwards. I have been to other pain doctors before but finally found Dr. Anand and am glad I did. I would recommend home to anyone.
in Fairfield CT |
Dr. Anand fixed me up when all other doctors told me I needed surgery. I was miserable until he gave me the injections, and have now been seeing him for years. Tony the PA is also great. I'm grateful that I found this office. He is straight and to the point, and gets the job done.
Greenwich, CT |
I would strongly advise that you do not see Dr. Anand for an office visit. He is arrogant, condescending and argumentative. He is wildly unprofessional and the injection he performed had no effect on my pain levels. Find another doctor.
in Bridgeport, CT |
Dr. Anand has been a wonderful caring person to me. Has manage my pains since 2006 til the present. I've had good results with his practice in managing my pains. I will recommend him 100% to anyone. He also has a beautiful and professional staff. Keep up the GOOD WORK.
in shelton, CT |
In the reviews for Dr Anand there is very little in the middle grades. He is either a 5 or a 1 for almost all of them. Exactly what he is like, skilled but arrogant and uncompassionate. He lacks patience and can be quite rude to old people. I know this because I am old and saw him for a long time and then he turned on me like a pit viper when I told him I was still having pain. I guess I wasn't responding to his expectations and he threw me out of the office threatening to call the police.
Milford, CT |
Outstanding service and excellent Dr. Took me from major pain in the morning to walking pain free in the afternoon. He is the best and love the service I get from Dr. Anand! Anyone with ANY type of pain should call Dr. Anand. I won't go anywhere else.
I have been going to Dr. Anand for about six years now for RFA procedures and epidural shots in my lower back. I have received very good care from CT Pain and Wellness and because of them, I have been able to avoid having surgery. I highly recommend Dr. Anand and CT Pain and Wellness.
Fairfield ct |
I had a fantastic experience with Dr. Anand. I went to him for acupuncture and he knew exactly what areas of my body would need help to eliminate some of my reoccurring problems. I struggle with migraines and also tension in my back for the majority of my adult life and was accepting that this was remain as I got older. He was able to make my first acupuncture experience relaxing and enjoyable while also eliminating some of my pain. He was knowledgeable and informative and extremely professional
Stamford Ct |
Dr. Anand performed several cervical radial ablations over the years. I made excuses for his arrogance and coldness because his procedures were effective. This last visit when he was, again, so rude, dismissive and defensive while I was in such pain, I decided to look for a doctor that seems to at least CARE about his patients and their suffering. He should not be a pain doctor dealing with suffering patients. He could not be LESS COMPASSIONATE. DONT GO!
Fairfield, CT |
Obnoxious and rude. Injections didnt help. His PA is decent.
Fairfield, CT |
I have been seeing Dr. Anand for a number of years now, and he has greatly helped my cervical spine pain.
in Trumbull, CT |
Dr Anand is a conservative, highly skilled doctor who I trust to perform procedures necessary to keep me functional. My condition can't be cured, but he can manage the pain and help keep me participating as a functional member of society. He doesn't push magic pills, which is what some people seek. He performs injections with pinpoint accuracy so you derive the most benefit from them. i would highly recommend Dr. Anand to anyone needing pain management.
in Trumbull, CT |
I have had 3 cervical fusions, the last one most invasive. I needed a solution that didn't require pills. Recommended by my surgeon, Dr. Anand presented me with new options that did not require meds. He handles the procedures and his PA handles the follow up and Pain Management. As a prior patient mentioned, we are not going for the relationship, but because of the pain we all endure. CT Pain and Wellness are very qualified in what they do and I will continue to go , and refer when asked
in Shelton |
After reading the other comments, I had to leave one of my own. I went to Dr. Anand for medical treatment, not to find a new BFF. His Medical skills are top notch, treating both my wife and I for the last 6-7 years with great results.We both have serious spinal issues and he has made it possible for us to lead normal lives with minimal pain medication. Because he is good at what he does, his practice is busy. Therefore he doesn't have a lot of time to schmooze and play nice with his patients.
in Shelton, CT |
Although I believe that he is very knowledgeable, his bedside manner is horrific. I left his office in tears. He is arrogant and rude. He gets loud, angry and tries to make you think that you are the crazy one. I have been going to him for at least 7 years and his attitude has gotten worse year after year. I'm going to continue to go to him because I only see him 2-3 times a year, but I am not going to engage in conversation.
Stamford, CT |
Dr. Anand is not a doctor I would go back to nor recommend my friends or family see. His bedside manner is horrible and he made me feel like I had done something wrong for coming to see him. He talked down to me and made me feel stupid. I tried to explain my experiences and challenges, he completely ignored me. I still cannot get over how horrible the experience was. I'm sorry I wasted the time and money.
in New Haven, CT |
-Maureen A. N.Haven, CT. May 25th, 2016 Dr. Anand is rude and arrogant. He makes no effort to listen. I was shocked by his hateful attitude. He didn't even bother to examine me. His lackey Pazienza spent about one minute performing a rudimentary evaluation and that was it. Anand spent approximately one minute being rude to me and then left. Anand should not be practicing medicine. His talents would be better suited to scrubbing toilets. It was a shock to encounter such a ghastly human being.
in Seymour, CT |
I have suffered from pain due to my herniated discs and permanent partial impairment of the spine for over four years, and no doctor has been able to help me find relief except for Dr. Anand. He educated me on what was going on with my body more than anyone else in a way that made sense to me.
in Norwalk, CT |
Dr. Anand may have a lot of experience and knowledge but like others have said, he is rude, arrogant and condescending. I will not go back to him again.
in Milford, CT |
Dr. Anand's medical skills may be adaquate, but his people skills are horrible. Very condescending. Lacks personality and compassion. Not what I am looking for in a PM provider.
in Fairfield, CT |
I obtained an occipital block by Dr. Anands staff and did very well. My headaches are improved and can work full time. I was referred by my neurologist in Fairfield. This is a caring and effective practice.
Dr. Anand treated my spinal stenosis at L4-5 with spinal injections. I have been better for over 3 years duration and continue to work in my 60's. He is an outstanding and caring doctor that is a TOP DOCTOR in the state of CT. There is no better, and if you want your life back you need to see him. Ignore the bizarre reviews by obnoxious people on this forum....
Oxford, CT |
I recently saw this Dr. again for chronic back pain, a condition I have suffered with for years. He is uncaring, arrogant and downright rude. He belittled and shamed me due to the fact that I am on disability. I would not take my dog to him. Patients with chronic pain conditions need to be treated with compassion and understanding, NOT made to feel like they are useless. He ought to be ashamed of himself. He also criticizes other doctors as well.
Have you seen Dr. Rahul Anand, MD?
Are you Dr. Anand?