Dr. Rahman Pourmand, MD

Dr. Rahman Pourmand, MD

Clinical Neurophysiology | Male | 69 years old

28 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Narrow your results

Dr. Pourmand specializes in Clinical Neurophysiology and practices in East Setauket, NY. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Pourmand? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Pourmand's Experience

See how Dr. Pourmand's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Pourmand

Dr. Pourmand accepts 11 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Pourmand has admitting privileges.

Dr. Pourmand's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Pourmand to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Pourmand's Performance
in Hauppauge, NY |
After a 2 month wait for an appointment Dr. Pourmand didn't want to be bothered with me. He was abrupt and rude. He kept questioning why my doctor referred me to him. When I told him my doctor referred me because it is a neuro issue he asked why my doctor didn't order more nerve tests and I said because my doctor is not a neurologist! I gave him the report of the test that had determined I needed to see him and he wouldn't read it until I read it to him. I had to fight to make him treat me.
Went to him with a diagnosis looking for help. He was extremely RUDE!!!! didn't even greet me. Rushed me out of there. He had me on the verge of crying with in two minutes. He wasted my time. I was rushed in and out in ten minutes. He asked me questions like "what do you want me to do about it?" "Why didn't you go see the neurologist you saw 6 months ago?" "If he couldn't help you, then why would I be able too?". He was also not thorough at all. Never going back.
in Bay Shore, NY |
After being examined by many Doctor's, none could confirm a diagnosis or treatment, I was transferred to Stony Brook Hospital where Dr. Pourmand was in charge of my care.......Dr. Pourmand visited me each day, would spend time answering my questions and alleving my fears, was kind and considerate....never was in a rush and spent as much time as I needed. After discharge, he was available via phone and would return my calls promptly. I have Myasthienia Gravis and remain in his care. Excellent!
in Dix Hills, NY |
If it wasn't for Dr Pourmand I believe I wouldn't of found out what was wrong with me. I was misdiagnosed when I saw a dermatologist and eneded up in the ER at stony brook . I was advised to see a muscular neurologist and was lucky to see Dr Pourmand . he diagnosed me immediately and I was on the mend . i am told by other Drs that im required to see that Dr Pourmand is very cautious , as he has sent me for numerous tests pertaining to my condition .
in Wading River, NY |
Very kind doctor and very thorough in his examination.
Stony Brook, NY |
Dr. Pourmand's office was very friendly I was seen almost immediately- before paperwork was even done. Stephanie the receptionist was a delight. The Doctor was professional and helpful with finding the proper treatment plan for me. I never felt rushed- he showed empathy- I would return most definitely and recommend also to family and friends.
in Center Moriches, NY |
Dr. Pourmand is one of the few neurologists in Suffolk County who are familiar with and treat myasthenia graves. I believe he is a consultant with one or more of the mg support groups. I have always found him interested in my conditions and knowledgeable about the treatment. I recently saw him because I had a setback with eyelid muscles. He spent time with me and prescribed a medication saying that I should check back with him in a few weeks so we could adjust the medication if necessary.
in Commack, NY |
Dr. Pourmand was extremely rude. Spoke over me consistently, didn't wait for me to answer a single question, made assumptions and challenged me about everything. This man literally told me my symptoms were made up, all this while in front of 2 medical students!! I was not warned, or given a choice, that there would be 2 medical students in the office during my first, very personal visit. This doctor is why people are losing faith in the American medical system.
in Ronkonkoma, NY |
I was very disappointed with my visit. Dr. Pourmand is RUDE! When he even came out to get me from the waiting room he just said hello and waited with an aggravated, would not even say the name of the patient he was calling in. Nothing warm and gentle about him. Felt completely rushed from start and when I would try to explain my condition he would cut me off or over talk me. Nothing, but a waste of my time!
in Stony Brook, NY |
After many years of illness, I was finally diagnosed with Myasthena Gravis. The doctor recommended me to go to Dr. Pourmand for treatment. Dr. Pourmand not only helped me with the proper treatment and medication, but was also available to me at all times. I am pleased and happy to be his patient.
in Wantagh, NY |
Excellent
Have you seen Dr. Rahman Pourmand, MD?
Are you Dr. Pourmand?

Dr. Pourmand's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Clinical Neurophysiology
  •  Board certified in Neurology

Dr. Pourmand has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New York.

Why It Matters: Dr. Pourmand's Board Certifications

• Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Lyme Disease
  • Meningiomas
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Myoclonus
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors
  • Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus
  • Optic Neuritis
  • Parkinson's Disease
  • Peripheral Autonomic Neuropathy
  • Polymyositis
  • Polyneuropathy
  • Post-Concussion Syndrome
  • Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP)
  • Rasmussen's Syndrome
  • Syncope
  • Thrombosis
  • Tic Disorders
  • Tourette's Syndrome
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury

Indiana University / School of Medicine

Completed in 1983

University of Virginia

Completed in 1981

Dr. Pourmand does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Pourmand and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Clinical Neurophysiology