Dr. Rahman Pourmand, MD

Neurology ·  Male · Age 71

Dr. Pourmand

Neurology Assocs-Stony Brook

181 N Belle Mead Ave Ste 5 East Setauket, NY 11733

Dr. Rahman Pourmand, MD is a neurology specialist in East Setauket, NY and has been practicing for 36 years. He graduated from Mashhad University Of Medical Sciences, Faculty Of Medical Sciences in 1973 and specializes in neurology.

Dr. Pourmand accepts

Dr. Pourmand accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
BlueConnect HMO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) HMO

Dr. Pourmand's Top Procedures and Conditions

Migraine

Dr. Pourmand treats Migraine more than 98% of his peers

Dr. Pourmand treats this condition more than 98% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Basilar Migraine
  • Migrainous Stupor Migraine
  • Oculomotor Migraine
  • Retinal Migraine
  • Visual Migraine
All Headaches (incl. Migraine)

Dr. Pourmand treats All Headaches (incl. Migraine) more than 96% of his peers

• Hydrocephalus
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Myoclonus
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation
  • Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
  • Restless Leg Syndrome
  • Seizure Disorders
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
  • Stiff-Man Syndrome
  • Stroke
  • Subdural Hemorrhage
  • Syncope
  • Tension Headache
  • Thrombosis
  • Tic Disorders
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury

4.2

Dr. Pourmand?
Dr. Pourmand's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Rahman Pourmand, MD
After spending an hour with his Medical students, who i know were kind and eager to listen, Dr Pourmand spent all of 2 minutes reviewing and dismissing me before telling me he has no help or advice with my case. Having been recommended to him and referred to him i waiting a whole month to see him to be disappointed and frustrated. I was referred to him after having multiple episodes of muscle spasms, muscle pain and muscle weakness that has brought me to take time off work and education because of the pain. I presented myself in his office with all the medical imaging and information he could need only for him to walk in and tell me he can't help and to see someone else. Understandably i get if i was not in his range of practice that he could offer advice but as a doctor he acted disinterested and cold towards both my family member and I. Confused as to why we were told he could help he did not answer any of our questions as to what maybe causing my pain or any advice on how to move fo
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rahman Pourmand, MD?
I am being treated by Dr. Pourmand for Myasthenia Gravis. From the very first visit, I felt I was in ver capable hands. Dr, Pourmand is very knowledgeable in this area of medicine & has helped me get my life back with the treatment he has prescribed.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rahman Pourmand, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Rahman Pourmand for over 10-years. I used to drive to Manhattan, but I grew weary of traveling that far. When I met Dr. Pourmand, I felt comfortable and confident in his knowledge about ALS. I felt so confident, I've recommended Dr. Pourmand to my cousin for treating her. His Support staff is top-notch also!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rahman Pourmand, MD?
I have been using Doctor Pourmand for 15 years now ..He is a caring compassionate man who is always willing to listen and goes out of his way to make you comfortable ..I have Myasthenia Gravis and he comes to the support group meetings on his own time. I highly recommend him .
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rahman Pourmand, MD?
Dr. Pourmand has been a very good dr in treatment of my condition of myasthenia gravis. Always calls back when I leave a msg. In the hospital he has a great team of Drs that work with him
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rahman Pourmand, MD?
Dr. Pourmand was quick to diagnose my problem which was Myastenia Gravis. He was patient, kind and understanding of my new limitations in life. He put me on a regiment of drugs which he closely monitors.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rahman Pourmand, MD?
always very professional and courteous....as well as explanatory with diagnosis...
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rahman Pourmand, MD?
Excellent and knowledgeable doctor. Analyses your health issues before prescribing medication. Very patient with his clients.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rahman Pourmand, MD?
After a 2 month wait for an appointment Dr. Pourmand didn't want to be bothered with me. He was abrupt and rude. He kept questioning why my doctor referred me to him. When I told him my doctor referred me because it is a neuro issue he asked why my doctor didn't order more nerve tests and I said because my doctor is not a neurologist! I gave him the report of the test that had determined I needed to see him and he wouldn't read it until I read it to him. I had to fight to make him treat me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rahman Pourmand, MD?
Went to him with a diagnosis looking for help. He was extremely RUDE!!!! didn't even greet me. Rushed me out of there. He had me on the verge of crying with in two minutes. He wasted my time. I was rushed in and out in ten minutes. He asked me questions like "what do you want me to do about it?" "Why didn't you go see the neurologist you saw 6 months ago?" "If he couldn't help you, then why would I be able too?". He was also not thorough at all. Never going back.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rahman Pourmand, MD?
After being examined by many Doctor's, none could confirm a diagnosis or treatment, I was transferred to Stony Brook Hospital where Dr. Pourmand was in charge of my care.......Dr. Pourmand visited me each day, would spend time answering my questions and alleving my fears, was kind and considerate....never was in a rush and spent as much time as I needed. After discharge, he was available via phone and would return my calls promptly. I have Myasthienia Gravis and remain in his care. Excellent!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rahman Pourmand, MD?
If it wasn't for Dr Pourmand I believe I wouldn't of found out what was wrong with me. I was misdiagnosed when I saw a dermatologist and eneded up in the ER at stony brook . I was advised to see a muscular neurologist and was lucky to see Dr Pourmand . he diagnosed me immediately and I was on the mend . i am told by other Drs that im required to see that Dr Pourmand is very cautious , as he has sent me for numerous tests pertaining to my condition .
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rahman Pourmand, MD?
Very kind doctor and very thorough in his examination.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rahman Pourmand, MD?
Dr. Pourmand's office was very friendly I was seen almost immediately- before paperwork was even done. Stephanie the receptionist was a delight. The Doctor was professional and helpful with finding the proper treatment plan for me. I never felt rushed- he showed empathy- I would return most definitely and recommend also to family and friends.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rahman Pourmand, MD?
Dr. Pourmand is one of the few neurologists in Suffolk County who are familiar with and treat myasthenia graves. I believe he is a consultant with one or more of the mg support groups. I have always found him interested in my conditions and knowledgeable about the treatment. I recently saw him because I had a setback with eyelid muscles. He spent time with me and prescribed a medication saying that I should check back with him in a few weeks so we could adjust the medication if necessary.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rahman Pourmand, MD?
Dr. Pourmand was extremely rude. Spoke over me consistently, didn't wait for me to answer a single question, made assumptions and challenged me about everything. This man literally told me my symptoms were made up, all this while in front of 2 medical students!! I was not warned, or given a choice, that there would be 2 medical students in the office during my first, very personal visit. This doctor is why people are losing faith in the American medical system.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rahman Pourmand, MD?
I was very disappointed with my visit. Dr. Pourmand is RUDE! When he even came out to get me from the waiting room he just said hello and waited with an aggravated, would not even say the name of the patient he was calling in. Nothing warm and gentle about him. Felt completely rushed from start and when I would try to explain my condition he would cut me off or over talk me. Nothing, but a waste of my time!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rahman Pourmand, MD?
After many years of illness, I was finally diagnosed with Myasthena Gravis. The doctor recommended me to go to Dr. Pourmand for treatment. Dr. Pourmand not only helped me with the proper treatment and medication, but was also available to me at all times. I am pleased and happy to be his patient.
Excellent
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rahman Pourmand, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Pourmand?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Pourmand treats patients.