Dr. Raheel Bengali, MD

Headache Management | Male

Dr. Raheel Bengali, MD
Dr. Bengali is a Harvard trained and double board certified interventional pain management specialist and anesthesiologist. Dr. Bengali was born in Miami, FL and was valedictorian of his high-school class. He has a bachelor's of science degree in biomedical engineering from the University of Miami, where he designed and created his own medical simulation software. He then graduated from the University of Miami Medical School with prestigious membership in the national medical honor society, Alpha Omega Alpha. He completed anesthesia residency at Harvard's Massachusetts General Hospital, ranked the #1 hospital in the country by US News and World Report and the #1 anesthesia program in the country. He also completed fellowship at Harvard's Brigham and Women's Hospital, considered one of the most competitive interventional pain medicine programs in the country and ranked as the #1 top pain medicine fellowship by the American Association of Pain Medicine and American Pain Society. While at Harvard, Dr. Bengali became an internationally recognized expert in anesthesiology and pain medicine, served on the Massachusetts Medical Society Ethics and Grievances Committee, published many journal articles and text books, and presented at national conferences including the American Heart Association, American Society of Anesthesiologists, and American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine. He is an editor for many academic journals focusing on anesthesia and pain medicine. He was an instructor in anesthesia and pain medicine at Harvard Medical School, and he also completed healthcare courses at Harvard Business School, winning a first place award and scholarship on Value Based Healthcare Delivery. Dr. Bengali treats pain using advanced multimodal therapy for a variety of pain issues, including but not limited to: spine/back, extremity, joint, headache, botox, spinal cord and peripheral nerve stimulation, intrathecal therapies, cancer, palliative care, complex regional pain, and neuropathic pain. While at Harvard, Dr. Bengali worked with the top specialists in the world for many pain syndromes, including migraine headaches, pelvic pain, and spine pain. In his spare time, Dr. Bengali enjoys traveling, playing basketball, and spending time with his family.

Dr. Bengali's Care Philosophy

Harvard trained, world class care, evidence based pain medicine, compassion and dedication to all my patients

Dr. Bengali's Experience

See how Dr. Bengali's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Bengali

Dr. Bengali accepts 35 insurance carriers

Dr. Bengali is now accepting new patients
Stone Oak Office110 Stone Oak Loop Ste 103
San Antonio, TX 78258
(210) 268-0129Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 7 hospitals where Dr. Bengali has admitting privileges.

Dr. Bengali's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bengali to family and friends
Dr. Bengali's Performance
in New Braunfels |
I had the pleasure of meeting with Dr. Bengali when he 1st came to San Antonio. His credentials were outstanding and I was so in need of "help". Unfortunately he was in SA and the ride was too much. I am so please that they now come to New Braunfels and have an appointment on Monday. I cannot wait to have him help me. I have full confidence in him. If you live in the area, you now have a great PAIN MANAGMENT alternative. Thank you Dr. Bengali for coming to our town.
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Bengali has and continues to be a genuine, knowledgeable, and highly skilled pain management Doctor. Since originally being placed under his care Dr. Bengali has sought to treat my medical needs with a multifaceted approach and I have experienced relief that has helped me to be able to work, sleep, etc. more effectively. I highly recommend that you schedule an appt with Dr. Bengali to address any chronic pain issues. Gary C.
in San Antonio, TX |
Good doctor!!! Helped me a lot with my back and neck pain when no other doctor could!!!
San Antonio, TX |
Genuinely caring and patient. No problems talking to him and be really spends a lot of time going over everything or asking about my family and life and if I have any questions.
San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Bengali is exceptional and a very good doctor. He has treated my daughter and I after a car accident and we had great results and avoided surgery!!!
San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Bengali is not a doctor I would trust with anything confidential. The experience we had with him on multiple visits was very poor. He does not listen, and only wants to hear what he wants. We had to repeat ourselves multiple times, and still he would not listen. He is very stuck on himself, and does not have the patients best interest in hand. As stated before, he shares your information not only with office staff, but with others against your will. I would not trust him with my family
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Bengali is an excellent, confident people-person doctor with a great sense of humor. He is always cheerful and he greets you with great eye contact and a hearty handshake. He has a great wit and he is always able to turn a nerve wracking situation into a bearable experience. Pain is an elusive villain but Dr. Bengali tracks it down and (literally) vaporizes it! I wish I would have found him years ago! But, as my wise old gypsy grandmother used to say, "Better late than never!"
in San Antonio, TX |
Neck and back pain for years, but with just the right medication and injections Dr. Bengali was able to get a hold of my pain. Great bedside manner. Thorough and doesn't give up.
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Bengali is very compassionate and knowledgeable. He genuinely cares about helping improve my life. Other doctors quickly rush through the visit, but Dr. Bengali takes time to go through everything. He is wonderful. Can't thank him enough.
in Alpine, TX |
Dr. Bengali works with me on my sciatica and back pain using epidurals and medications. I drive 400 miles to see him and its worth it.
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Bengali took care of me after a car accident and I got great relief without having to do surgery. He was so reassuring. Recommend at highest level!
in San Antonio, TX |
I have been seeing Dr. Bengali since he started practicing. At first I thought he was a good doctor and a goo, but unfortunately over time it became obvious he didn't care about his patients. He only cares about himself, his career, and money. He'll try to quickly fix you but if it doesn't work and he's not making money off of you he will get rid of you for someone more profitable. The office is completely incompetent, but I was willing to overlook that for a good doctor. Apparently I was wrong.
in New Braunfels, TX |
This physician is probably the most caring PAIN treatment that I have ever had the pleasure of meeting and being treated by. We have not completed with my pain mgt, but we are a lot farther than I have ever been in the past 20 years. But we still have a long road ahead, and I feel certain that we will get there soon. I am retired from the medical profession and this doctor is stuck with me.
in San Antonio, TX |
I have had endometriosis pain for a long time and Dr. Bengali has been so helpful in doing nerve blocks that no one else has been able to do I am off medicines and can spend time with my fiancé. Very good at explaining and very nice. 5 stars!
Super awesome doctor!!!!
in San Antonio, TX |
HE WAS LIKE ALL THE OTHER PAIN DOCTORS, GOOD DOCTOR BUT CARED MORE WHAT A E.R. ASSUMED ABOUT ME INSTEAD OF COMMUNICATING W/ ME. MY HUSBAND CALLED EMS ON ME BECAUSE I WAS ACTING STRANGE TO HIM.THE E. R. @ THE HOSPITAL ACCUSED ME OF BEING ADDICTED TO PAIN MEDS, A OVERDOSE AND A JUNKIE! NEVER IN ALL MY 29-YRS. OF BEING A CHRONIC PAIN PT. HAS A DOCTOR EVER SAID THIS TO ME. SO DUE TO THIS DR. BENGALI LET ME GO B-4 EVEN FINISHING UP MY PROCEDURE THAT WAS SCHEDULED IN 2-DAYS!! NO MORE!
in Canyon Lake, TX |
To see Dr Bengali for my pain issues is one of the best decisions I ever made. I started to think that my case was hopeless until he assured me that he could help me and he did!! His bedside manners are outstanding and he never makes me feel rushed. He is without a doubt my hero!!
in San Antonio, TX |
Saw Dr. Bengali for chronic migraine headaches and he tried some new medications that even my neurologist had not tried before and did some nerve blocks that have lasted over a month. I can finally stay at work all day and my boss and my kids are so happy.
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Bengali injections in my back for back pain (herniated discs ) without any anesthesia. This was extremely painful. I feel that he should have at least offered the anesthesia. He also told me that he would order a topical for the pain which he did not. His exam room floor was dirty.
in New Braunfels, TX |
As a twice retired nurse, I am very critical of medical professionals that I trust wit my car. DR Bengali has surpassed all of expectations so far. After many yeas of suffering with back pain and many injections I feel that I have finally hi a homerun. I have been seen in his office twice an received two spinal facet injections to pinpoint where the pain was coming from and I feel that he has succeed I doing so. Now begins the real treatment to relieve the pain.Now begins the treatment.
in San Antonio, TX |
Speaks to you in laymen terms. Takes his time explaining what needs to be done to help with your problem.
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr Bengali is a joy to work with. He is the first doctor in Texas that treats me with respect and compassion. I have learned a lot about my conditions because he is always willing to take the time I need and answer my questions and explains his treatment plan..... God forbid it happen, but if my child was dealing with chronic pain, Dr Bengali is the one I would bring him to see. I trust him & highly respect him for all he does as a Pain Specialist.
San Antonio, TX |
I have had nothing but great results from Fr Bengali and have been to one other pain doctor on Lubbock Texas and Dr Bengali by far passed the Dr in Lubbock sitting still. He always ask about how I am feeling and manages my pain better than anyone else has. I thank God every day for him.
in Lavernia, Tx. |
I have had low back facet blocks and it has taken 50% pain away and thanks God.
in TX |
Dr. Bengali is best doctor they could have brought in. I hope he stays, he has a great bed side mannor, he listens to his patients, and hes not afraid to change medicine or change mg's.
Phenomenal Doctor. Performed a back injection and showed me exactly where and why I was having pain with a spine model and mri. Very funny, good sense of humor and knowledgeable.
in San Antonio, TX |
I recommend this doctor with high regards. I came to see him with severe pain in my lower back, he was very patient with me and listened to how severe the pain was. He explained what he needed to do to help me with the pain. He admitted me to the hospital and put me to sleep he fixed nerves in my lower back. I woke up and could not believe all pain in my lower back was gone. Like being given a new shot at life. I do recommend him highly.
in San Antonio, TX |
Thank you so much for taking care of my mother. Her and my dad came in today.... She has had chronic pain issues and has seen just about every specialist in the books. Today was the first time in almost 3 years that she's had positive things to say! Thank you so much and let me know if I can ever repay the favor!
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Bengali is an awesome physician. Since I have been an RN for 29 years, I'm very careful and discerning about the physicians that I and my family see. Dr. Bengali is the best of everything, he is extremely knowledgeable and is an expert at the most current and advanced treatments-there's no one better. In addition, he is extremely kind-hearted, takes time to find out what is on your mind, what your concerns are, he is so thoughtful. His support staff is also very professional and appropriate.
Dr. Bengali is a patient's best advocate. He spends time addressing problems with insurance when a procedure or medication is not approved. He works closely with staff responsible for obtaining approval from medical insurance. He spends time explaining the physical bone structures where your pain resides and what can be done to relieve the pain. He thoroughly explains the medical procedure he is about to perform. Was very happy to become his patient when Tri City Pain Associates added him
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Bengali has excellent bedside manners and is extremely knowledgeable in pain management. He is trained in all the latest procedures as well,as tried and true pain medicine. I see several doctors each month and Dr. Bengali is by far the best. I am thankful he is in San Antonio now
in San Antonio, TX |
Fantastic Dr. Takes the time to thoroughly explain all aspects of a procedure. Understands the human physiology related to pain and symptoms.
in San Antonio, TX |
I can't find enough good things to say about Dr. Bengali. I'm almost afraid he's too good to be true. He's kind, funny and sincerely cares about me and my condition (which he explained more thoroughly than any of the several doctors I've seen in the past several years)!
San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Bengali is my Mother's doctor. She is 86 years old and he is so caring and gentle with her at every appointment. He explains what he is doing, provides detail on his recommendations to provide her with pain relief. We have other doctors that aren't as concerned with her treatment plan because of her age. Our goal and Dr Bengali's objectives are aligned; we want my mother to be comfortable and pain free, and for her to have the best quality of life possible.
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Bengali is very good at listening to me and tailoring my treatment to what works best for me. No one-treatment for all here. He has good people skills and is easy to understand.
in San Antonio, TX |
I have been dealing with pain management Dr.'s since 1998 .Some where good and some where not so good. I feel very fortunate that I found Dr. Bengali and that he took me on, out of all the pain management Dr's I have dealt with, he is with out a doubt the Best by far. Thank's Dr. Bengali
in San Antonio, TX |
Excellent pt care...covers all concerns procedures expectations...spends time taking care of all issues
Easy to talk with. I like that he takes the time to explain what's best to treat my pain.
San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Bengali recently completed a radiofrequency ablation on lower right side. Worked like a charm. My pain on right side was reduced considerably, especially when sitting. Left side radiofrequency ablation was completed two months ago, also successful.
San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Bengali takes a lot of time to explain everything he does, why I have pain and where it is coming from. He is so caring and brilliant. After seeing so many other pain doctors I thought my life was over and there was no hope. I have made so much progress and have started working again. I cannot thank him enough.
in San Antonio, TX |
Before I met Dr. Bengali I had consulted sixteen doctors with no result whatsoever. Finally my internist suggested that I go see Dr. Bengali. He is very straightforward, sensitive and encouraging. Most of all Dr. Bengali is a very talented and accomplished physician. I am very fortunate and grateful to be taken care of by him. I have recommended him to all my friends and family.
Have you seen Dr. Raheel Bengali, MD?
Are you Dr. Bengali?

Compare Dr. Bengali

Dr. Bengali says...

Dr. Bengali is a Harvard trained and double board certified interventional pain management specialist and anesthesiologist.

Dr. Bengali was born in Miami, FL and was valedictorian of his high-school class. He has a bachelor's of science degree in biomedical engineering from the University of Miami, where he designed and created his own medical simulation software. He then graduated from the University of Miami Medical School with prestigious membership in the national medical honor society, Alpha Omega Alpha. He completed anesthesia residency at Harvard's Massachusetts General Hospital, ranked the #1 hospital in the country by US News and World Report and the #1 anesthesia program in the country. He also completed fellowship at Harvard's Brigham and Women's Hospital, considered one of the most competitive interventional pain medicine programs in the country and ranked as the #1 top pain medicine fellowship by the American Association of Pain Medicine and American Pain Society.

Dr. Bengali's Care Philosophy

Dr. Bengali says...

At Harvard, Dr. Bengali worked alongside leaders in the field of anesthesiology and pain medicine. His instructors were among the top specialists and researchers in the world. Dr. Bengali is an internationally published author and editorial board member for academic journals in anesthesia and pain medicine.

He has extensive training in rare conditions that many pain medicine specialists do not have training in, such as migraine headaches, pelvic pain, and cancer pain.

Dr. Bengali says...

I have trained with the top leaders in the field of anesthesiology and pain medicine at the #1 hospitals in the country. I am on the editorial board for journals dedicated to anesthesiology and pain medicine, as well as authored chapters and presented at national conferences in the specialty.

Dr. Bengali's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Headache Management
  •  Board certified in Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine

Dr. Bengali has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Bengali's Board Certifications

University of Miami

Graduated in 2009

• Hindi
  • Urdu

Dr. Bengali does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bengali and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Headache Management