Dr. Raghav Mohindra, MD

Dr. Raghav Mohindra, MD

Geriatric Medicine  |
Dr. Raghav Mohindra, MD is a geriatric medicine doctor who practices in Surprise, AZ. He is 39 years old and has been practicing for 18 years. Read his story

12361 W Bola Dr Ste 109

Surprise, AZ 85378

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Banner Health
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona
  • CareOregon
  • CareSource

Learn about Dr. Mohindra

See how frequently Dr. Mohindra performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Autonomic Disorders
Peripheral Nerve Disorders
Painful Urination (Dysuria)

Dr. Mohindra's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Mohindra's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Mohindra "Three A's that are essential in my life: Availability (24/7) Affability and Ability. My name is Dr. Raghav Mohindra, a board certified Geriatric and Internal Medicine Specialist and I live by the three A's. I enjoy meeting one on one with all of my patients and take pride in my work. I come to you with over 13 years of experience in the medical field. Senior care has always been a passion of mine from a young age, caring for family members in India. I learned to speak English in my youth from my mother who taught English in India. Determined and influenced by my parents to study, I graduated medical school at the age of 21. Gaining a vast knowledge in medicine was a goal of mine. I studied all areas of medicine from my position as a Cardiology Resident at Fortis Heart Institute in northern India. I was a lead lecturer in pathology at the National Dental College in Punjab. Next I worked at a hospital in Mauritius for 2 years as a Hospitalist in medicine and OBGYN and then moved to the United States and became a citizen. In the US I did a three year residency at AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center and followed up my education with a year-long Fellowship in Geriatrics at Baylor College of Medicine, Houston. Next I the moved to Arizona to work for Banner as a Hospitalist at Del E. Webb Hospital and Boswell Hospital until October of 2011 when I started my private practice specializing in Geriatrics. In May of 2016, I moved my practice to my own dedicated office in Surprise, AZ and named it More MD. I have hospital privileges at both Banner Del E. Webb and Boswell Hospital with the availability to follow my patients at all times. I am also the Medical Director of Sante of Surprise Rehab Center. I enjoying being outside, hiking, running, and flying airplanes."

This content was provided by Dr. Mohindra "As an Internal Medicine / Geriatrics specialist, & as a PCP, I believe that 24/7 AVAILABILITY is most important. I am available by phone all the time, no matter what or where. Even when I am out of town, I am available by phone / email for all my patients. I follow patients in Del Webb and Boswell hospitals in addition to my 2 office locations (Sun City and Sun City West), and multiple Rehabs and long term care centers in the area. I call back my patients within a few minutes for urgent matters."

• Geriatric Medicine

• Abdominal Pain
  • Acidosis
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Acute Bronchitis
  • Acute Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Acute Pharyngitis
  • Bladder Diseases
  • Bladder Infection
  • Blepharitis
  • Blood Disorders
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Breast Pain
  • Bronchiectasis
  • Bronchitis
  • Bruise of Face, Scalp, or Neck
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Calcium Metabolism Disorders
  • Candidiasis of Skin and Nails
  • Canker Sore
  • Celiac Disease
  • Cellulitis
  • Chest Pain
  • Chronic Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Chronic Pain
  • Chronic Sinusitis
  • Cold Sore
  • Confusion
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Constipation
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Cough
  • Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Dehydration
  • Dizziness
  • Dry Skin
  • Dysentery
  • Dysphagia
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Ear Disorders
  • Earwax Buildup
  • Emphysema
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Enteritis
  • Fever
  • Food Poisoning
  • Fungal Infections
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastroparesis
  • Hypertensive Chronic Kidney Disease
  • Hypoglycemia
  • Hypokalemia
  • Hypotension
  • Hypotension (Excluding Maternal)
  • Hypothyroidism
  • Impetigo
  • Indigestion
  • Influenza (Flu)
  • Insomnia
  • Irritable Bowel Syndrome
  • Itchy Skin
  • Kidney Stone Pain (Renal Colic)
  • Leg and Foot Ulcers
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Osteoarthritis of Hands
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Overactive Bladder
  • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
  • Partial Lung Collapse
  • Peptic Ulcer
  • Pericardial Disease
  • Peripheral Autonomic Neuropathy
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Pharyngitis
  • Phlebitis and Thrombophlebitis
  • Phosphorus Metabolism Disorders
  • Pinkeye (Conjunctivitis)
  • Pneumonia
  • Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR)
  • Polymyositis
  • Salivary Gland Stones and Inflammation
  • Sarcoidosis
  • Secondary Hypertension
  • Sepsis
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Shingles
  • Thrombosis
  • Thyroid Disease
  • Tinnitus
  • Tobacco Use Disorder
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Tremor
  • Ulcer
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Stones
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Vaginitis and-or Vaginosis

• Thyroid Screening
  • Urinalysis
  • Vaccination
  • Wellness Examination

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• Rimc, India
  • Thomas Jefferson University
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2008
  • Baylor University
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2009

Dr. Mohindra has no media or publications listed.

• Hindi
  • Punjabi

Dr. Mohindra does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mohindra and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Mohindra's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mohindra to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Mohindra Says:

Thank you for providing feedback. I have always valued my patients comments and feedback to continuously improve your experience.  If you ever have any questions or concerns please reach out to my office, staff or myself.  We are doing our best to provide the best possible experience.

Dr. Mohindra's Performance
suncity west, AZ |
he listened by looking me in my eyes for the entire 20 minutes visit, he spent time, ordered the appropriate tests and also checked for all appropriate medicare recommended preventative testing, and personally spoke with my 2 specialists while he was in the room with me. i think he is a very good physician who truly cares and embraces objective tests and modern technology, for the right reasons
Phoenix, AZ |
MOHINDRA is the worse! Don’t waste your tine. You end up waiting almost an hour so he can walk in for a few seconds while he plays on his ipad. Tbe other review is correct. He wanted to order a bunch of tests on me probably to bill medicare. He doesn’t care about his patients. No thanks!
Sun City West |
Seems to be more interested in billing Medicare than helping to diagnose.
Surprise, AZ |
Dr. Mohindra used to be great, until he got his own practice. Since then, his service and attention to detail has nosedived since he has taken on so many patients. He recently diagnosed me with strep without even looking at my throat or giving me a strep test. I had to ask if he was going to look at my throat as he was writing the RX, at which time he then gave me a strep test, which was negative. His go-to remedies for all illnesses seem to be a steroid shot and antibiotic shot in each buttock.
Glendale, AZ |
an outstanding,, intelligent, knowledgeable, courteous, gracious, respectful clinician, I feel blessed to have him as my physician.
Gilbert, AZ |
Dr Mohindra is great! He truly takes time and it's evident he cares about you as a person. His staff is polite and his office is beautiful! Thanks for everything Dr Mohindra.
Surprise az |
It is really unfortunate as the doctor himself is terrific but you do not get answers from the office staffin fact the level of service from the front office and back office is below par. If you can just see the doctor and don't have to deal with them he is wonderful.....anything beyond that go elsewhere the staff is not meant to be in this line of work something needs to change. Surprise location
Phoenix, AZ |
Very nice. Can usually get in same day or next day if needed. Unfortunately he has gotten to busy with so many patients. When he sees you it is very rushed. I believe being overbooked and rushed is what was partially to blame for a missed diagnosis.
in Peoria, AZ |
Dr. Mohindra is great. I had back problems, and he helped with pain management as I healed. He takes time to talk with me, and his office is very efficient. He has taken care of me since before he started his own practice. It is amazing how much it has grown. His PA and nurses are great too. Dr. Mohindra is professional but has a good sense of humor too.
in Surprise, AZ |
Dr. Mohindra cares deeply about his patients and is constantly on the alert to properly diagnose and treat medical issues before the become huge problems.
in Surprise, AZ |
He is the kindest and most caring doctor you will encounter!
in Phoenix, AZ |
Such an amazing doctor. Really took the time to listen to my questions and concerns. Was able to help me where other doctors were not. So knowledgable. Also loved the whole office staff. Receptionists were great as well as the friendly MA. So grateful
in peoria az |
Without question, Dr Mohindra is the best physician I've ever had. He genuinely cares for his patient's welfare and health. He even leaves you his personal email so you are able to contact him for any questions you may have. He responds back to you via email within an hour also. He's the best of the best. I highly recommend Dr Mohindra as your care provider.
in Avondale, AZ |
I have been taking my 90 year old father to Dr Mohindra for over a year. He moved here with many medical issues and Dr Mohindra has addressed them and kept a good eye on him. He is available through calls and emails all the time and is wonderful with his patients and their family! His NP and PA's are wonderful. I HIGHLY recommend this practice.
in Surprise, AZ |
I have never had an issue with Dr. Mohindra or any of his staff members. Always get prompt responses and quality care.
in Sirprise |
Don't push me off to a PA when I've made my appointment with you. I don't want to explain my reason for being there twice. I also don't appreciate the doctor telling me about other patients treatments and a bunch of medical jargon I can't understand. Kimberly is the rudest medical assistant ever. Makes you feel like you are always bothering her. I would not recommend.
in Buckeye, AZ |
I found Dr. Mohindra fine after 3 visits over 1.5 years. However I could not recommend his office because of his staff. They kept mixing up my appointment date even though I was very clear as to my availability. They would only read part of an email so didn't have all the facts. They then provided me with wrong information. They told Dr. Mohindra that they apologized to me and that I was just being difficult. I have all their emails and their voice mails and they never apolgized. Awful!
in Surprise, AZ |
the reason I changed to DR. Mohindra was that he said he retruns calls any time . He e mails and one time I ask three questions I he was not happy with that. . in the beginning he was great just the doctor I was looking for. Now he sends in his men nurses assistance and they act like the Doctor. I want to visit the doctor and not have to answer our reason for my visit to them. He is a good man and is very friendly. However I feel rushed now when I have an appointment.
El Mirage, AZ |
Great Doctor!
Arizona |
Dr. Mohindra did not listen at all, ignored patient's discussion of condition and concerns, and jumped to incorrect conclusions based on faulty assumptions and bias.
in Glendale, az |
I love that I can get into see him when I need to in the times I need to I love his flexibility great doc keep it up
in Peoria, AZ |
Dr. Mo is such a compassionate Doctor. I love his bed side manner and his knowledge. He is very responsive to our questions and always gets back to us in record speed. Thank you Dr. Mohindra for you're dedication and for keeping our family healthy and on the right track medication wise.
in Surprise, AZ |
Dr. Mohindra is a great doctor who has an amazing PA working for him. His PA has extensive geriatric experience, plus the doctor still sees you! My visits now make me feel like I have not one but two great providers caring for me. Recently I was hospitalized and Dr Mohindra communicated with me through my hardest time making sure medications were correct. Best doctor around.
in Sun City |
Don't like seeing a PA when I'm there to see a doctor. Feels like no personal attention anymore from the dr himself. Lack of communication and more mistakes.
in Sun City, AZ |
Had my first my appointment Dr. Mohindra. He was very prompt and on time. He took the time to listen to my concerns and was very helpful in giving me some insight as to what he thought my problem was. He did not hestitate to refer me to a specialist. I am looking forward to having a long term patient relationship with his office. The nursring assistant and the RA also were outstanding. Way a way to start the new year.
in Sun City, AZ |
You do NOT get to see Dr. Mohindra but rather you have to see his PA instead. This was not told to me before I signed up with him. This is apparently new this year. Dr. Mohindra stated that he will always come in AFTER his PA has done his exam/ information taking however the doc does nothing. Apparently all diagnoses, treatments, scripts are done by the PA....NOT Dr. Mohindra. I feel that this is deceitful and I do not trust this PA taking care of geriatric patients.. especially me.!!
in Sun City West, AZ |
Dr. Mohindra is very thorough, caring and available to answer questions or to provide follow-up. He is very willing to provide referrals to excellent specialists, as needed, and then coordinates the care for his patient. I already have and will continue to refer friends and family to him! My experiences with the entire office staff at both the Peoria & Surprise offices has been stellar!
Have you seen Dr. Raghav Mohindra, MD?
Are you Dr. Mohindra?

Visit Dr. Mohindra

Evening
Saturday
Dr. Mohindra accepts 35 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Cofinity
    Cofinity PPO
  • Community Health Choice
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA