Neurology  |
Dr. Rafiya Khakoo, MD
Dr. Rafiya Khakoo, MD is a neurology doctor who practices in Holmdel, NJ. She is 58 years old and has been practicing for 35 years. Dr. Khakoo is affiliated with Raritan Bay Medical Center, Riverview Medical Center and Bayshore Community Hospital.

RAFIYA KHAKOO MD

• Oxford Health Plans
  • QualCare

Learn about Dr. Khakoo

Dr. Khakoo's Experience

Dr. Khakoo's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Neurology

• Hydrocephalus
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Meningiomas
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors
  • Stroke
  • Subdural Hemorrhage
  • Syncope
  • Thrombosis
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Tremor
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Vertigo
  • Visual Field Defects

• EEG (Electroencephalogram)

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• Karnataka Institute Of Medical Sciences, Rajiv Gandhi University Of Health Sciences
    Medical School | Graduated 1982
  • University Of Louisville
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1993
  • R W Johnson University Hospital
  • University Louisville School Of Med
  • Pennsylvania Hospital Of University Of Pennsylvania Health System
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1997

Dr. Khakoo has no media or publications listed.

• Urdu

Dr. Khakoo does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Khakoo and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Khakoo's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Khakoo to family and friends
3.1
Dr. Khakoo's Performance
Middletown, NJ |
WORST DOCTOR EVER!!! I waited almost 6 weeks for my appt. I received a reminder text few days before with the WRONG TIME for the appt. It was her office's mistake not mine. I can't explain fully here but read GOOGLE review for details. She is a disgustingly rude disrespectful woman. STAY CLEAR OF HER!!
Holmdel, NJ |
Dr. Khakoo puts her patients first. She listens to concerns from the patient as well as taking an interest in all aspects of their lives.
in Jackson, NJ |
During my first visit I realized that she is a very dedicated doctor. She went over my history and medical issues thoroughly and requested further information, this is to help make appropriate diagnosis. Very professional and polite, much better than other doctors I have dealt with for other issues.
Linden, NJ |
I went to this Dr. She is so rude and unprofessional. She said I have Parkinson,but not going to do a ct scan because they are to expensive, then writes me a prescription? For what she didn't do any testing and I'm going to take medication for something I'm not sure of, I don't think so.Then asks if I smoke I said I did, then this rude so called Dr. Said to me that's why you look so old, I have 80 year old patient that look better then you. Nasty person
Freehold NJ |
Dr Khakoo is one of the few Doctors who really listen. She has helped me understand what's going on with my body as well as treat me. Thanks to her I have hope. I would recommend her highly.
in Keansburg, NJ |
I feel very fortunate to have found Dr. Khakoo as my neurologist. I have seen other doctors before and I find her to be the best fit for me. She is very professional and takes care of my medical needs. She is kind, professional, funny and I always look forward to my appointments with her.
in Cliffwood beach, NJ |
I've been seeing Dr. Khakoo for over eight years now. She is always professional and listens to me. When waiting for my appointment I am never in the waiting room longer than 15 minutes. She is truly a caring person.
in Middletown nj |
I have been seeing Doctor Khakoo for several years now, due to a neurological problem. She is always thorough and listens to all my concerns. When I was in the hospital for a non related issue she took the time to stop in every day to check on me. I feel she is knowledgeable and extremely caring.
in Matawan, NJ |
met D r Khakoo while a patient in Riverview hospital she was very professional and explained to me who she was and was very concerned about my condition I would recommend her to anyone
Middletown, NJ |
This doctor is TERRIBLE, extremely rude, no manners what so ever. She acts as if she is better then you, and God forbid you have a question to ask her, the snippy answers you manage to get are far from helpful, She acts as if you aren't supposed to ask any questions, as if answering them isn't a part of her job!! AVOID THIS WOMAN!
Matawan, NJ |
Dr Khakoo has been my wife's Dr for her neuropathy related ailment since 2009. Since the pain can be sometime excruciating you need the Dr to attend on her at very short notice. We have found Dr Khakoo to be very accomodative, and they have been times when she has called in to the pharmacy at very short notice. She is a very good doctor and very caring and I will reccommend her without any reservations.
Bronx, NY |
This was the most unprofessional "doctor" I have ever seen! I was not told that she only takes cash or check so I didn't have either with me. She told me to walk across the street and use the hospitals ATM so I did and when I got back I told her usually doctors offices will tell you before hand and her reply was "well they don't have to, common sense would tell you to bring a checkbook with you whenever you go to the doctor". I asked her for my copay back and took my paperwork and walked out!
Manasquan, NJ |
This apt was a follow up apt from my Moms 3rd stroke. The 1st being in Feb 2011 when we met Dr Khakoo in the ER. She was timely, patient, understanding, completed her own assessments (actually personally feeding my mom to observe her abilities).She asked my mom all the questions, patiently awaited the answers displaying grace & dignity to mom, the 80 yrs. We chose to drive 45 minutes to see her in her office for followup visits & have never been disappointed in her. Mom is now 86.
This is by far the WORST Doctor I've ever met IN MY LIFE! I can't believe that she actually has a license to practice medicine! She's insulted me and my family too many times she even told me to go find some other doctor because she doesn't want to waste her time. What Doctor does that!? She's rude, careless, ignorant, inconsiderate, horrible, and the sorriest excuse for a Doctor imaginable. If I could give her a negative star I would. My advice to anyone reading this is please please stay away!
Edison, NJ |
I have been going to the Dr for quite some time. I recently asked her for a letter of diagnosis. When she returned my call she was extremely rude. She told me she wouldn't write the letter, that she had better things to do. She then asked me if i understood english. This letter was not for me it was for my lawyer. Her rudeness was uncalled for and completely took me by surprise. I will not be returning to her facility anymore.
Have you seen Dr. Rafiya Khakoo, MD?
Are you Dr. Khakoo?