Dr. Rafath U. Baig, MD

Orthopedic Spine Surgery | Male | 40 years old

Desert Spine and Scoliosis Center

Learn about this Doctor

Get to know Dr. Baig

Dr. Baig specializes in Orthopedic Spine Surgery and practices in Mesa, AZ. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Baig? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Baig's Experience

97Experience
Match

See how Dr. Baig's experience matches your preferences.

Why It Matters: Board Certifications

• Orthopedic Surgerynull

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• Other Education

• Phoenix Health Plan
      • State Farm
      • Triwest
      • Worker's Compensation

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 5 hospitals where Dr. Baig has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Baig

Dr. Baig's Review Details
      3.7 based on 51 responses
      Experience with Dr. Baig
      Dr. Baig's Office & Staff
        16 – 30 minutes (49)
      in Mesa, Az. |
      Had cervical spine fusion and it went great. Good communication with Dr. and staff. Concerned about my well being. Surgery was 3 months ago and just had my 2nd follow up. It is healing better than expected.
      in Queen Creek, AZ |
      At age 81, I was suffering from sciatica down the back of both legs. I tried physical therapy, chiropractic, acupuncture, and pain doctors and nothing relieved the pain. I was referred to Dr. Baig by my primary care physician. Dr. Baig showed me the MRI and explained what was causing the sciatica. He was very clear in his analysis and explanation of my problem. He impressed me as being very intelligent and well-trained. He was friendly, caring and very definite about what needed to be done
      in Mesa, AZ |
      I had neck fusion done by Dr Baig, and had so much better results than expected. A great surgeon.
      in San tan valley, az |
      So glad I went to him, he explained my condition, what needed to be done in surgery. Always Takes the time to explain concerns I have. Great surgeon. Best of all my major pain in my back is gone. Dr. Baig and his staff are friendly always willing to help with any questions or concerns you might have. I highly recommend him.
      in Chandler, AZ |
      Best possible results. Great bedside manner, Surgery on lower back was a total success. I went from not being able to stand on leg to no pain at all. Highly recommend.
      in Apache Junction, AZ |
      -Donna Kinnick- I Had Spine Surgery February 17th 2016, When I Came To Doctor Baig, I Had Pinched Nerves. I Had Been Seeing A Chiropractor And She Couldn't Help Me After Several Treatments. She Recommended Doctor Baig. I Was Scared To Have Surgery But Was Tired Of The Pain I Suffered Everyday. I Am So Glad I Had The Surgery I Am Without Pain Now, Thanks To Doctor Baig.
      in Florence, AZ |
      I have had 3 previous back surgeries, the last one was a fusion, 16 years ago. Dr. Baig did another fusion on my back 3 months ago. Wonderful Doctor. I received excellent care from him & his entire staff. Yes, waiting times may be long, but he gives you the time you need to get all your questions & concerns answered. I am now able to do what I love. Playing golf again & walking. Would highly recommend Dr. Baig to anyone with back issues.
      in Mesa, AZ |
      I was a hospital CEO for 31 years and have some experience evaluating a doctor. I am 67 years old and Dr. Baig did a fusion on L4 & L5. He was very up front about the pain, long recovery and the outcomes. He was 100% accurate with his predictions and after 6 weeks I am walking 3 to 4 miles a day. He has cleared me to ease into running and biking again. If I need orthopedic services again I will ask for him.
      in Mesa, AZ |
      Dr. Baig did my surgery May 2014. I had severe scoliosis and went to him for a second opinion.And I am so glad I did. I knew I was in good hands from the first time I met him. He was patient,knowledgable, kind and very sure of himself. My surgery was no easy task. It was supposed to take 6-8 hours but ended up taking 14 hours!! I am now fused from T4 to S1 and virtually pain free. No infections, or complications and every check up since then has been perfect. I couldn't be happier. Thank you
      in Casa Grande, AZ |
      Dr. Baig performed surgery on my back in May 2015, he was able to fix the problem another surgeon caused in 2009, I had been to many Drs. trying to find out why I had intense pain in my back and buttock, I had to live with the pain for nearly 5 years before I was referred to Dr. Baig, the surgery lasted 7 hours. The office staff has always been professional and helpful, I've never had to wait to see the Dr. I would recommend Dr. Baig to anyone that needs back surgery.
      in Mesa, AZ |
      Dr. Baig is an excellent doctor. He goes out of his way to address a patients concerns. More than 2 years after lower back surgery, I still have no pain. Dr. Baig is an excellent doctor. He goes out of his way to address a patients concerns. More than 2 years after having surgery on my lower back, I still have no pain. I would recommend Dr. Baig to anyone who is ha back pain or is considering sugery.
      in Chandler |
      Dr. Baig did a really great job fixing my back. I've had 2 previous spine surgeries before Dr. Baig, and I can finally say I feel like my old self again. My surgery was 12 hours long because he had to fix what the other docs did, but God blessed his hands. I highly recommend him for anyone with back problems.
      in Queen Creek, AZ |
      Baig was to revise previous discectomy.We met several times-I asked if I needed to remove several titanium piercings in sensitive areas,he said no.Day of surgery,I'm prepped,IV placed. Anesth stormed in wanting to know why my piercings were not out-told him Baig said not needed, he stormed out.Baig arrived,accused me of causing issues.Anesth AGAIN stormed in refusing to do surgery because he had no cardiac stress test (but cardiac clearance).Baig hadn't asked for one but threw me under bus.
      in Florence, AZ |
      Wait times are long, but I also noticed that he spent a lot of time with patients. He spent over an hour with just me. Plus, hes the only one who sees his patients, so you'll always have an appointment with the dr. not an assistant. I had pain for years and since surgery I don't even have to take Tylenol anymore. This Dr. is definitely to the point and doesn't sugar coat a thing but shows a genuine concern for my well being. Hes a darn good surgeon and I trust him completely.
      Mesa, AZ |
      Wait times for scheduled appointments were excessive.I waited for over 1 1/2 hours from appointment time to be seen.. Every visit had excessive waiting times which caused extremely angry patients in the waiting room.
      in Florence, AZ |
      Office wait time is a real problem in this office. I have waited up to an hour and a half past my scheduled appointment time. Very aggravating Dr. Baig is quite knowledgeable and explains things well. I trust his skill as a surgeon or I would not have gone to hime for two surgeries.
      in Arizona City |
      Very friendly staff. Always very helpful willing to get all answers to your questions. Clean office. Dr. Baig is willing to spend as much time with you so ask any and all questions you may think off.
      in Chandler, AZ |
      Dr. Baig is very knowledgeable and pleasant to work with. His office is very rigidly managed and rules are not flexible even when patients are traveling long distances. If it were not for him being trustworthy and knowledgeable, the staff alone would have scared me off.
      Have you seen Dr. Baig?
      Are you Dr. Baig? Post a response on your personalized profile.

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery

Why It Matters: Dr. Baig's Board Certifications

• Broken Neck
      • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
      • Cervical Disc Degeneration
      • Pathological Spine Fracture
      • Peripheral Autonomic Neuropathy
      • Pseudoarthrosis
      • Sacrum Disorders
      • Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
      • Thoracic Spine Fracture

• Cervical Microdiscectomy
      • Cervical Spine Surgery
      • Disc Replacement
      • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
      • Epidural Lysis of Adhesions (LOA)
      • Herniated Disc Surgery
      • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
      • Lumbar Laminectomy
      • Lumbar Microdiscectomy
      • Lumbar Spine Surgery
      • Microdiscectomy
      • Neck Surgery
      • Posterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion Surgery (PLIF)
      • Scoliosis Surgery
      • Spinal Fusion
      • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
      • Spine Fracture Treatment
      • Spine Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

Southern Illinois University At Edwardsville

Graduated in 2003

Orlando Regional Medical Center
        Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center
        St Joseph's Medical Center

Completed in 2011

Dr. Baig has no media or publications listed.

×

Dr. Baig's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Orthopedic Spine Surgery
      • Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
      • Malpractice claims in Arizona not available
      ×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Baig

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Baig's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
      Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
      Staff friendliness and courteousness
      Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
      16 – 30 minutes

Experience with Dr. Baig

Level of trust in provider's decisions
      How well provider explains medical condition(s)
      How well provider listens and answers questions
      Spends appropriate amount of time with patients