Dr. Rafael Mimbela, MD

Neurology | Male

SOUTH TEXAS PEDIATRIC NEUROLOGY 4770 N Expressway Ste 102 Brownsville, TX 78526 Get Directions
Dr. Rafael Mimbela, MD
Dr. Rafael Mimbela, MD is a neurology doctor who practices in Brownsville, TX. He is 53 years old and has been practicing for 27 years. Dr. Mimbela is affiliated with Doctors Hospital at Renaissance, Valley Baptist Medical Center - Brownsville, Harlingen Medical Center and Valley Regional Medical Center.

Dr. Mimbela's Experience

See how Dr. Mimbela's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Mimbela

Dr. Mimbela accepts 11 insurance carriers

Dr. Mimbela is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Mimbela has admitting privileges.

Dr. Mimbela's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mimbela to family and friends
1.7
Dr. Mimbela's Performance
    POOR
    Over 45 minutes
Harlingen |
Well i didnt get to see the dr. Because the front desk was so rude and the worst experience I've ever had. They are so unorganized. They didn't tell me what i would need on hand for my sons first visit. I drove 30 minutes to this clinic only to literally leave in tears from how upset i was with the customer service. The front desk was mean and rude. I tried my best to cooperate and get in contact with my family clinic to get everything faxed in again like they asked and they said it was to late
in Brownsville, TX |
the ladies in the phone are mean dont let u finish wat u want to say and hang up on you
in Brownsville, TX |
Horrible Doctor who has no honor, refuses to honor the Hippocratic Oath. He refused to see my son when he was given a referral by his pediatrician, because he had once visited the only other neurologist in our area. When questioned, all his staff would say is "those are the rules here." They were very cold hearted in their demeanor. My child is seven and has severe autism and adhd. I was shocked by the abusive way they victimized us with this discriminatory treatment.
in Brownsville, TX |
This place is terrible. You spend 1 to 2 hrs in the lobby waiting to be called and another 2 to 3 hrs for the doctor to actually see you. This is ridiculous, we have kids that are not able to stay put for 2 hrs nonetheless 5. Definitely do not recommend this place. I would give 0 stars if it was possible. The phones are never answered and you have to wait another 45 min in the lobby for your next appointment.
in Brownsville, TX |
I would not recommend him, he is kind of rude. I wanted to explain him something, and he didn't let me finish what I was telling him. I will not take my son to this clinic again. We were waiting for more than 3 hours.
Extremely rude staff, we went to Brownsville ( scheduled) 3 times , we had to wait an average of 1 hr to 2 hrs , his staff never got the appointments right , they would schedule me in Brownsville when he was Edinburg and then the 3 rd time he wouldn't see us because I didn't have the physical referral , we called his pediatrician and he wouldn't take the fax the next day, we left fuming and so upset , the Dr REFUSED to see him, we left crazy upset then he tried to Bill me for NOT seeing him.
in Brownsville, Texas |
I hate that this is the only neurologist in my area. The communication from the office is terrible. No one is ever on the same page. You have to wait well after your scheduled appointment time and then the Dr only spends a few minutes with you. I am very disappointed with this office.
in Edinburg, TX |
Nurse never answers calls or calls back or staff secretary receptionists doesn't give messages always excuses that office manager is not in. The reception do not help at all getting a manager or nurse on line obviously if it was their child they would care! Worst customer service staff!!!!
Have you seen Dr. Rafael Mimbela, MD?
Are you Dr. Mimbela?

Compare Dr. Mimbela

Dr. Mimbela's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurology

University Of Monterrey / Faculty Of Medicine / Division Of Health Sciences

Graduated in 1990

Austin Med Educ Program Seton Hlt
    University Tx Southwestern Med School

Dr. Mimbela does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mimbela and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurology
  • Pediatric Neurology

Dr. Mimbela does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Mimbela and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.