Dr. Rafael Marrero, MD

Dr. Rafael Marrero, MD

Ear, Nose, and Throat  |
Dr. Rafael Marrero, MD is an ear, nose, and throat doctor who practices in Conway, AR. He is 52 years old and has been practicing for 26 years.

2200 Ada Ave Ste 202

Conway, AR 72034

• Ambetter
  • CoreSource
  • Health Advantage
  • Qualchoice

Learn about Dr. Marrero

See how frequently Dr. Marrero performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Laryngitis
Abscess or Fluid Incision and Drainage
Abscess or Cyst Drainage or Aspiration

Dr. Marrero's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Ear, Nose, and Throat

• Earwax Buildup
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Facial Fracture
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Laryngeal Cancer
  • Tonsil Cancer
  • Vertigo

• Ablation or Excision of Nasal Turbinates
  • Abscess or Cyst Drainage or Aspiration
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Balloon Sinuplasty
  • Cervical Lymph Node Dissection
  • Diagnostic Nasal and-or Sinus Endoscopy
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ear Surgery
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Excision of Parotid, Sublingual, or Submandibular Gland
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
  • Laryngoscopy and Laryngotomy
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Tonsillectomy
  • Tracheal Surgery
  • Wound Repair

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arkansas.

• BAYLOR COLL OF MED
    Medical School | Graduated 1991
  • Georgetown University Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1992
  • Georgetown University Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1997

Dr. Marrero has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Marrero does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Marrero and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Marrero's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Marrero to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Marrero's Performance
Greenbrier, AR |
Very rude. Lecturing me about my doctors decisions instead of treating me. And all up in my face.
in Morrilton, AR |
Love the quickness and efficiency of Dr. Marrero. very thorough and detail oriented.
in Conway, AR |
I started to get a sore throat with a cough that continued to worsen, until I was forced to go to a walk-in clinic that was open July 4th. I tested positive for strep throat and was given antibiotics. I wisely decided to go see Dr. Marrero when my condition continued to deteriorate even after the antibiotics. He fit me into his schedule the day after I called and was very informative during my consultation. He had me tested for Mono, which came back positive. I should have gone to him 1st.
in GREENBRIERGreen Ar |
I had sinus surgery. After just a few days I could breathe 100% better. Thank you Dr. Marrero for the excellent job you done. I would recommend you and this surgery. It was a speedy recovery.
Conway, AR |
Nope. Not appropriate in his post surgery moments. Very unsatisfactory.
Arlington, TN |
Great experience with sinus surgery!
Conway, AR |
He performed my daughters tonsillectomy, the surgery went well and she had a quick recovery.
in North Central AR |
I had almost all my sinuses blocked and a deviated septum. 5 hour surgery because doctor Marrero took extra time to get it right and make recover time and pain less. Virtually no pain or blockage after procedure compared to friends who used other doctors. HIGHLY recommend Dr. Marrero for any ENT work. 6 stars if I could give them!!!
in Vilonia, AR |
Dr. Marrero did my septum/sinus surgery and I could not be more pleased. He does not pack your nose and make you keep it for days! They took it out before I went home and I could immediately breath better than before. I had VERY LITTLE pain. The only time I took the pain meds was when I did the first few sinus rinses. Make sure you do the rinses! Everyone warned me that the recovery would be terrible but my recovery was a walk in park. Thank you Dr. Marerro!! You did an amazing job.
in Vilonia, AR |
Had a great experience with Dr. Marrero. He explained everything answered all my questions and suggested all options before just jumping into surgery.
in Dardanelle, AR |
Amazing! Cautious.. not “rush” w/options for tratment. I was informed and I felt like my son was a priority to them. Not a number or a “patient” but a person. Professional and prepared to make certain my son was well taken care of. Doc calls patients personally in a timely manner to communicate results and options. If I ever have an urgent need, his office works swiftly to help.They go above and beyond. I am thankful, impressed, and admire how he handles his patient care Great Doc!
in Vilonia, AR |
I am so impressed and pleased with the service I have received from Dr. Marrero. He has always speant pleanty of time listening and offering suggestions and help with my issues. He is the first Dr. who has listened to all my issues and is willing to tackle them ALL. What other doctor does that? He performed surgery on me and I had no brusing or pain afterwards. He is so thorough, patient, and I can't say enough good things about my experiences with him.
in Conway, AR |
I needed a new ENT for my children because last Dr wasn't great with kids. Dr Marrero came highly recommended by a Dr/mom friend. He is amazing with my kids! He talks to them, listeno to them and makes sure they are comfortable before exams and procedures. For him as well as the whole office, everyone is treating qith dignity and respect!
in Conway, AR |
Dr. Marrero was very good with my 8 year old son. When he needed to stick a tube in his nose to look at his throat my son was open and not nervous at all. That says a lot! Typically my son would throw a fit and resist doctors. We are still working thru solutions for my son's condition. I left a message for him to give the doctor an update and the next day he called me back with suggestions. I greatly appreciate his proactive steps.
Conway, AR |
Dr. Marrero listened very well to my concerns and took them seriously. He was very thorough and spent alot of time talking to me.
in Conway, AR |
Dr. Marrero has taken great efforts to help me with my diagnosis. I visited a physician at UAMS and found Dr. Marrero was more detailed in answering my questions and finding me relief. I highly recommend him not only for his bed side manner but in his above and beyond efforts to heal his patients.
in Heber Springs, Ar |
Patient with chronic sinusitis, nasal polyps,, loss of smell and suffer from asthma. My surgery went great no bruising and I could breathe so much better the next day. I had PROPEL sinus stents,removal of ethmoid sinus , sinus endoscopy,repair of nasal septum. It's been only a week and I'm back to my normal activities.??
Conway Arkansas |
Dr. Marrero was recommended to me by a coworker for my tonsillectomy. He had performed hers several years ago and she raved about the coblation procedure he uses to remove the tonsils. This surgery is supposed to be harder on adults and while it was no picnic in the park, I think my recovery time for a 56 year old was exceptional due to the coblation procedure he uses and his experience in performing it. I was eating solids four days after surgery and back at work (light duty) the following week
in Little Rock, AR |
I was very impressed with the amount of time Dr. Marrero spent with me on my first visit getting to know about my symptoms and history with allergies, as well as how comprehensive the exam was compared to Dr. visits in the past when I have had allergy issues.
in Hector, AR |
Dr. Marrero was very excellent in preparing me for my surgery. He made sure I knew all the details and the post surgery I would be experiencing. I had nose surgery and had my septum removed and straightened and replaced plus I had polyps. I had not breathed correctly for years and it had become very difficult to eat or sleep. After surgery I can now breathe normal and I sleep better than I have in years. I would recommend Dr. Marrero very highly. I appreciate his honesty and compassion.
Greenbrier, AR |
Dr. Marrero listened to me with great patience while I explained the long story of complications I've had over the past year. He never made me feel rushed. The experience was very pleasant and he was genuinely interested in my condition.
in Conway, AR |
Dr Marrero put tubes in my one year old sons ears in March of 2016. The consultation, procedure, and follow up were wonderful. It was my sons first surgery experience and I couldn't be happier with the results. Such an improvement!! Dr Marrero was informative about the details of the proceedure and patient with this nervous mothers many questions. The staff in the hospital were FANTASTIC on the day of surgery. Caring and gentle. Thank you Dr Marrero and staff for making it a good experience!
in Conway, arkansas |
Dr. Marrero put tubes in my daughters' ears. The whole process was easier than I expected. Dr. Marrero explained everything and the procedure only took 10 minutes. She has had the tubes for a year now. I'm please with him and glad we choose him as our doctor.
in Conway, Arkansas |
Dr. Marrero performed my septoplasty and turbinate reduction last week. I can breathe again! I could breathe immediately following surgery! After extensive research on the topic, I am convinced that I was very fortunate to find him. Many patients having undergone this procedure, reported that the most difficult part of their recovery period was suffering from the packing that was left in their noses for days by their doctors. Dr. Marrero doesn't make his patients go through that. I am so pleased
in Lonoke Arkansas |
Over the past 10 years I have been trying to get help with ENT issues that have sucked away my life. 3 in this past year at UAMS where you go after all ENT Drs. In NLR and LR would not pay attention. I had pictures of my tonsil stones ,swollen neck,records of constant infections. Only to be sent away with a huge bill. I thought that's where you go when no one else can figure it out. Waste of time, energy and money.Make the trip to Conway.Finally somebody cares. I found a DR. a real person.Thanks
in Conway, AR |
He is very condescending and rude. He was uninterested in hearing my medical history, and felt the need to tell me everything I was doing wrong. He talked to me like I was an idiot, and I did not appreciate that. He did nothing to actually help me with my problem. I've have seen him on two separate occasions, and he was rude both times. I would not waste your time or money seeing a doctor like this.
in Clinton AR |
I would highly recommend Dr. Marrero. He's great and really helped my ear.
in Conway, AR |
Dr. Marrero is wonderful. I have struggled with allergies and strep throat for almost 5 years. I have not had one issue with either since he treated me for allergies and took out my tonsils over a year ago. I was super nervous about the surgery as I have heard horror stories but I healed so much more quickly than I ever dreamed. I was eating solid food within three days. I highly recommend him and have done so in every opportunity I have been given.
in Conway, AR |
Dr. Marrero is a wonderful Doctor, very knowledgeable. We had a great experience & have been so happy with the outcome of our daughter?s surgery. She was so relaxed with him and even let him check her ears, nose, & throat without a fight (she?s only 1). I'm a very particular mother and want the best for my daughter, he completely impressed me. Before & after the surgery he came and talked with us & even called us after the surgery. I highly recommend him. His staff are very friendly as well.
in Greenbrier |
He did My granddaughters surgery and everything went great!! Would recommend him!
Have you seen Dr. Rafael Marrero, MD?
Are you Dr. Marrero?

Conway Regional Medical Center
2302 College Ave
Conway, AR 72034

Ear, Nose, and Throat
Pediatric Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat)