Dr. Rafael Arteta-Bulos, MD

HematologyMaleAge 50

Dr. Arteta-Bulos

Cleveland Clinic Florida

2950 Cleveland Clinic Blvd Weston, FL 33331

Dr. Rafael Arteta-Bulos, MD is a Hematology Specialist in Weston, FL. Dr. Arteta-Bulos has more experience with Blood Disorders than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with St. Luke's Boise Medical Center. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Arteta-Bulos to book an appointment.

Compare with other Hematology Specialists

Compare Dr. Arteta-Bulos with our nearby Hematology Specialists at Memorial Hospital West.

Make an appointment at Memorial Hospital West today at (954) 633-5024.

These providers are on the medical staff of Memorial Hospital West.

Dr. Arteta-Bulos' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Arteta-Bulos

4.2

Dr. Arteta-Bulos?
  • Office environment (9)
  • Trusted the provider's decisions (9)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (8)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (2)
  • Difficult to schedule appointment (2)
  • Appointment was rushed (1)
My father was recently diagnosed with Stage IV Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma 14 years after having had kidney cancer and having the kidney with the tumor removed. Dr. Arteta-Bulos was honest and direct about the type of cancer and what to expect with treatment. While he sometimes needs a few moments to recall past conversations (this is expected since he has many patients and all types of different cases and he is human), he always listens to our issues/concerns and always acts on them right away. Dr. Arteta-Bulos has been extremely helpful, kind, and proactive throughout this entire situation and while no one wants to be (nor expects to be) dealing with cancer, his demeanor has greatly helped to ease our anxiety.
Jun 01, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rafael Arteta-Bulos, MD?
Likelihood to recommend 5 I was diagnosed Sept. 2019 with Adrenocortical Carcinoma effecting approx. one case in one million people. I was scheduled for surgery at Cleveland Clinic in Weston Florida Jan. 22nd, 2020 but unfortunately my surgery was aborted because the surgeons thought I would bleed out because my organs were knitted together and they were not experts in my rare cancer. I met with my Dr. Arteta, who became my Oncologist in Feb 2020 and was given 6 months, plus or minus 2 months to live. He found Dr. Gary Hammer, endocrinologist at the University of Michigan who submitted my case to his board and the consensus was they would be able to take out my large tumor. I had the surgery a week after Dr. Hammer contacted me and Dr. David Hughes performed the surgery successfully removing the tumor July 6, 2020 at Michigan Medicine. My resent MRI and CAT showed no evidence of metastatic disease. Because of Dr. Arteta's passion and perseverance, I am alive today. Submitted Apr 29, 20
Richard Greenberg – Apr 30, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rafael Arteta-Bulos, MD?
Dr.Arteta-Bulos is a kind, compassionate doctor. Finding out you have cancer is frightening. When I met Dr. Arteta-Bulos he relieved much of my stress and worry. He is open,honest,caring and very knowledgeable. Dr Arteta-Bulos is always available for questions or concerns. I would recommend him to anyone in need of a specialist.
Patricia Suarez – Apr 29, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rafael Arteta-Bulos, MD?
Since I have been his patient, he has shown a very deep professionalism in the area of prostate cancer treatment. He is very compassionate and takes patients' problems seriously. Responds to the concerns of his patients with respect and patience. Important to mention that he's bilingual (Spanish-English).I fully recommend Dr..Rafael Arteta Bulos
Alvaro Garcia – Apr 12, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rafael Arteta-Bulos, MD?
I've been seeing Dr. Arteta for my kidney cancer since 2019. He's wonderful and very caring and compassionate. I recommend anyone to Dr Arteta. Thanks for eveyrhing!
Marci Hazelgrove – Apr 01, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rafael Arteta-Bulos, MD?
We have Dr Arteta-Bulos as my Oncology/Hematology Doctor since he arrived at Cleveland Clinic Florida. I was some what anxious but he came with the most outstanding references I knew he would be my Doctor. We have to call sometimes or get in to see him unexpectedly, but he is always available or gets right back with us. I totally respect his treatment for me and his judgement. He sits with me and goes over my progress and during the Covid always includes my wife on the conversation. Anyone who has any issues relating to Prostate or Bone Cancer you must make an appointment with Dr Bulos! I can say you will not be disappointed! Guillaume Van Niekerk Ft Lauderdale Fl
Guillaume Van Niekerk – Mar 31, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rafael Arteta-Bulos, MD?
Having a medical background myself, I found him unprepared and unorganized. He is tunnel visioned and does not look at the entire medical profile of his patient. Losses track of overall medical plan he needed redirecting even within his own specialty
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Long wait times
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Randall Bowers – Sep 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rafael Arteta-Bulos, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Arteta-Bulos?

• Hematology
  • Medical Oncology

• Hematology
  • Medical Oncology

What other Hematology Specialists practice nearby?

Click here to compare with other Hematology Specialists.

What are Dr. Rafael Arteta-Bulos, MD's top areas of care?

Dr. Arteta-Bulos frequently treats Blood Disorders. See all practice areas where Dr. Arteta-Bulos specializes.

Where is Dr. Rafael Arteta-Bulos, MD's office located?

Dr. Arteta-Bulos' office is located at 2950 Cleveland Clinic Blvd, Weston, FL 33331. Find other locations and directions on Healthgrades.

Does Dr. Rafael Arteta-Bulos, MD offer telehealth services?

Dr. Arteta-Bulos has not yet indicated whether they offer telehealth services. Please contact the office to check for availability/eligibility.

How can I make an appointment with Dr. Rafael Arteta-Bulos, MD?

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Frequently Treated by Dr. Arteta-Bulos

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Arteta-Bulos treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Arteta-Bulos treats other conditions, please contact the office at (954) 659-5640.

Blood Disorders

Blood disorders specialists diagnose and treat conditions that affect the blood's ability to function, including hemophilia, anemia, and sickle cell disease.Compare with other Blood Disorders specialists.

Dr. Arteta-Bulos is experienced in the area of Blood Disorders. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 25 conditions and procedures

• Acute Lymphoid Leukemia
  • Acute Myeloid Leukemia
  • Anemia
  • Anemia and Iron Deficiency Screening
  • Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
  • Bleeding Disorders
  • Blood Disorders in Pregnancy
  • Central Nervous System Lymphoma
  • Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
  • Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML)
  • Coagulation Defects in Pregnancy and Postpartum
  • Coagulation Disorders (incl. Hemophilia)
  • Cryoglobulinemia
  • Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Erythropoietin Test
  • Hemophilia
  • Hypercoagulable State
  • Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP)
  • Leukocytosis
  • Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma
  • Pancytopenia
  • Polycythemia Rubra Vera
  • Primary Central Nervous System Lymphoma
  • Primary Hypercoagulable State (incl. Factor V Leiden Disease)
  • Purpura
  • Qualitative Platelet Defects (incl. Glanzmann's Thrombasthenia)
  • Thalassemia
  • Thrombocytosis
  • Venous Embolism and Thrombosis
  • Vitamin B Deficiency
  • Vitamin B12 Deficiency

Dr. Arteta-Bulos accepts

Dr. Arteta-Bulos accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO