Dr. Radu Sulica, MD

Dr. Radu Sulica, MD

Ear, Nose, and Throat  |

Dr. Radu Sulica, MD is an ear, nose, and throat doctor who practices in New York, NY. He is 50 years old and has been practicing for 24 years. Read his story

Sean Parker Institute for the Voice

• HealthFirst
  • MVP Health Care
  • Oxford Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Sulica

See how frequently Dr. Sulica performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Larynx Conditions
Laryngoscopy - Laryngotomy - Laryngectomy - Pharyngolaryngectomy - Pharyngectomy
Laryngoscopy and Laryngotomy

Dr. Sulica's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Sulica's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Sulica "Dr. Sulica is the Sean Parker Professor of Laryngology and the Director of the Sean Parker Institute for the Voice at Weill Cornell Medical College. Dr. Sulica received his undergraduate degree from Dartmouth College, and his MD from Georgetown University School of Medicine. Following a residency in Otolaryngology - Head & Neck Surgery at Georgetown, Dr. Sulica pursued additional fellowship training in laryngology. Before joining the faculty at Weill Medical College, Dr. Sulica practiced at both Beth Israel Medical Center and the New York Eye & Ear Infirmary, where he established the Center of the Voice for the multidisciplinary treatment of voice disorders. He has served as consultant to several vocal arts training and teaching programs in New York City. Dr. Sulica's research and clinical investigations have focused on the treatment and prevention of vocal cord scar; vocal cord hemorrhage, neurologic disorders of the larynx and voice, including spasmodic dysphonia, essential tremor and other movement disorders; laryngeal electromyography; therapeutic use of neurotoxins; and the evaluation of outcomes and efficacy in voice treatment. Dr. Sulica is the author of the textbook Vocal Fold Paralysis, and editor of a volume entitled Classics in Voice and Laryngology. He has authored more than 60 journal articles and 30 book chapters covering such topics as voice physiology, clinical evaluation of voice disorders, microsurgical technique in larynx surgery, principles of evaluation and surgery for vocal fold paralysis and the use of botulinum toxin in the head & neck. He has lectured extensively in the United States and abroad. Dr. Sulica has been selected one of the Best Doctors in America biannualy since 2005; one of America's Top Physicians in Voice Disorders/Laryngology since 2006; a Castle-Connolly Top Doctor for the NY Metro Area; and a New York Magazine Best Doctor in 2009, 2010, 2013, 2015 and 2017. He has been elected to the Council of the American Laryngological Association, and to membership in the American Bronchoesophagological Society, the American Laryngologic, Rhinologic and Otologic Society (the Triologic Society), the American Academy of Otolaryngology - Head & Neck Surgery, and the New York Academy of Medicine."

This content was provided by Dr. Sulica "The Sean Parker Institute for the Voice, part of the Weill Cornell Medicine Department of Otolaryngology, provides the highest quality of care for patients with voice disorders, whether they are performers, public speakers or other intensive voice users, or people with more routine vocal demands.

Voice is essential in our personal and professional lives, but most people take it for granted. Anyone with a voice problem knows how limiting it can be; often, it is no exaggeration to call it disabling.  Although voice disorders affect more than 20 million people in the United States, finding specialized care can be a challenge.

The Sean Parker Institute offers expert diagnosis and sophisticated, effective treatment appropriate for each patient's vocal requirements. "

• Ear, Nose, and Throat
  • Laryngology

• Otolaryngology
    Accredited by: American Board of Otolaryngology*

• Acute Laryngitis
  • Chronic Laryngitis
  • Ear Ache
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Laryngeal Cancer
  • Laryngitis
  • Larynx Conditions
  • Nosebleed
  • Sore Throat
  • Spasmodic Dysphonia
  • Throat Cancer (Oropharyngeal)
  • Tongue Cancer

• Microlaryngeal Surgery
  • Thyroplasty
  • Vocal Cord Surgery
  • Vocal Fold Medialization Surgery

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Dartmouth College
  • Georgetown University
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1999
  • St Lukes Roosevetl Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2000

Dr. Sulica has no media or publications listed.

• French
  • Romanian

Dr. Sulica does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sulica and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Sulica's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sulica to family and friends
Dr. Sulica's Performance
New York, NY |
Great professionalism with excellent expertise!
in Easton, PA |
Dr Sulica is a brilliant physician and I am thankful for his knowlrdge in being able to control my condition. Very cordial and efficient staff
in Stroudsburg, PA |
Dr. Sulica maintains the highest level of skill and professionalism . Grateful for his expertise, care and excellent staff.
in East Rockaway, NY |
Great people and great doctor I strongly recommend
Brooklyn, NY |
Unlike many doctors Dr. Sulica listens carefully to what you have to say and makes you feel respected. From my first appointment I’ve felt like he understood my condition and I feel confident in his approach to my treatment. I would highly recommend him!
New York, NY |
A thoughtful, genuine, caring and knowledgeable physician. Post op he visited me twice before discharge. And followed up on my recovery which went as scheduled. Great bed side manner and professional. Most physicians this good don’t take insurance. I’m grateful he does. He is on time for appointments. I would highly recommend.
North Massapequa, NY |
Dr. Sulica explains all procedures in layman's terms, Answers all questions and is caring and concerned about his patients.
in Massapequa, NY |
Dr Sulica is an incredibly skilled doctor in every way. He is informative, knowledgeable and professional. He inspired confidence in me that he was choosing the best treatment for me and had the skills to carry it out successfully. Singing is my livelihood and what I love to do, and he preserved my ability to sing while making sure to protect my overall health by choosing a method which took care of the problem and did not endanger my ability to do what I love. He has my utmost respect and trust
New York, ny |
I’ve seen Dr. Sulica several times over the past few years. He not only is extremely professional and knowledgeable, but also has a calming sensibility. Having vocal difficulties for a singer can be stressful. Dr. Sulica’s visits always put me at ease and solve whatever problems I might be having.
in New York, NY |
I had a wonderful experience with this office. They are keyed into the particular issues the performers have, and were able to make time to see me last minute. Dr. Sulica gets high marks from me for his great bedside manner, his thorough exam, his patience in educating me about the vocal chords, his honesty, his understanding of the theatre performer's complicated situation, and his sincere interest in helping me work through my vocal issues as a performer in the long term. Thanks!
in Long Island City, NY |
Dr. Sulica took his time and listened. I completely felt that my time in his office was very much focused on my medical issue. His exam was thorough and he took the time to inform me of what was going on and what next steps would/could be. He is very knowledgeable and was also very approachable and kind. I am remiss in not remembering his colleague':s name- she conducted a few further tests and was also very informative. Office staff was also very good. I highly recommend Dr. Sulica.
in Westfield, NJ |
I recently consulted Dr. Sulica, for a serious vocal cord issue. His education and expertise were quite obvious. In addition to feeling like I was in good hands, I felt understood and respected as a patient. He provided a thorough evaluation .I highly recommend him..
in Queens,NY |
Listens well, explains options and is incredibly knowledgeable.
New York, NY |
Listens well, asks all relevant questions and draws out answers, great diagnostic tests conducted carefully and good supporting staff.
in New York, NY |
Great dr. He cares about your condition and answer questions in a clear and honest way.
Bronx, NY |
Dr sulica is the best, and his staff very nice people
in NY |
My voice was destroyed during brain surgery, and Dr. Sulica has worked with me diligently, using all available methods, to help me to get and maintain the best possible results. He is caring, patient, knowledgeable and kind. I highly recommend him.
in New York, NY |
I found Dr Sculica most professional and thorough with a good bed side manner explaining in layman's terms my condition I could understand. Leaving my visit with him confident and someone I could trust with his diagnostic of my condition. I would not hesitate to recommend him. Thanks
huntington station, ny |
I would definitely recommend Dr. Sulica because of his professionalism, understanding my concerns and caring
Hudson, NY |
I' was sent to Dr. Sulica 10 years ago with a vocal hemorrhage and a cyst on my vocal cord and he removed the cyst perfectly. I can credit him with saving my voice and he has been treating me ever since. He is kind and always finds time for me in a pinch. I recommend him to everyone.
in Pittsburgh, PA |
He is extremely knowledgeable, takes time to thoroughly understand your medical history and is compassionate. Highly recommended. I selected him for vocal cord surgery after seeing several top voice doctors and am happy with my decision and the result.
New York, NY |
The most thorough and caring doctor.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Sulica knew right away that my symptoms all pointed to adductor dystonia. He was very patient as I tried to explain my symptoms. His staff were also very friendly and I never felt rushed. I waited only a few minutes after filling out my paperwork. Adductor dystonia is quite frustrating as I can barely make sounds when I speak. Understanding it better after being examined has definitely helped me have peace of mind. I received reading material to take home. Overall, the visit was excellent.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Sulica is EXCELLENT! He knows his specialist inside and out. He was a good listener, caring and compassionate. I HIGHLY recommend him !!!!
in New York, NY |
Dr. Sulica listened to my problem, examined the issue, and thoroughly explained what he saw and what he thought was going on and thoroughly explained my options for treatment. Follow-up visits were handled in a similar manner. He has a great bedside manner and I am confident in his abilities to diagnose and treat my problem.
Have you seen Dr. Radu Sulica, MD?
Are you Dr. Sulica?