Dr. Radha Ram, MD

Dr. Radha Ram, MD

Ophthalmology  |
Female
Dr. Radha Ram, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Austin, TX. Read her story

1700 S MO Pac Expy

Austin, TX 78746

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Avesis
  • CHAMPVA
  • EyeMed Vision Care

Learn about Dr. Ram

See how frequently Dr. Ram performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Glaucoma
Blepharitis
Eyelid Disorders

Dr. Ram's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Ram's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Ram "Born and raised in Texas, Dr. Ram graduated from Greenhill School in Dallas, graduated with honors from Columbia University in New York City, completed medical school at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, completed her ophthalmology residency at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine in Chicago, and then pursued an elective fellowship in pediatric ophthalmology and strabismus at Texas Children's Hospital-Baylor College of Medicine in Houston. Dr. Ram has authored several papers, has received a number of awards for her work, and has presented her work at meetings nationally and internationally."

This content was provided by Dr. Ram "Dr. Ram is dedicated to providing patients with personalized and comprehensive care. She is known for her compassionate, caring, and patient-centered approach with an emphasis on accessibility, approachability, and addressing all the questions and concerns of patients and their loved ones.

In her spare time, Dr. Ram enjoys maintaining an active lifestyle and spending time with her friends and family."

• Ophthalmology

Medical School | Graduated
  • Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
  • Texas Children's Hospital / Baylor College Of Medicine
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Ram has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Ram does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ram and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Ram's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ram to family and friends
Dr. Ram's Performance
in Austin, TX |
Excellent experience throughout consultation and all the way to surgeries. Dr. Ram was welcoming and friendly not only with me but with my family. During surgery I felt at ease knowing I was in good hands.
in Austin |
Dr. Ram was thorough in asking my child's history and working through his issue from the start. She was patient with him, she talked us through each step, and she was sure to explain what the goals were, what would happen next, and how to proceed. Can't wait for the next visit!
Cedar Park, TX |
Dr. Ram did an outstanding job on my eye surgery. She is such a caring person and does superb job in providing eye care for me. I couldn't have asked for a better eye specialist. I highly recommend Dr. Ram for anyone who needs eye care.
Austin, TX |
Dr. Ram was very informative in explaining everything. She didn't rush and push us out the door like other pediatric opthamologists have. So glad to have found her!
in Austin, TX |
As I was putting grocery bags into my car, I had to worst paper cut in my eye and after visiting Texan Eye under the care of Dr. Ram, I had found out that the cut was a lot more serious than I thought. Dr. Ram gave me strict instructions to follow her medical advice; after 3-4 visits with her, my eye sight gradual started coming back. I highly recommend her to ALL of my friends and family, not only is she knowledgeable but she is also very nice and caring with her patients!!
in Austin, TX |
My daughter's pediatrician recommended Dr. Ram. She was warm, friendly and professional. She explained what she was doing so my daughter was at ease. Her office staff was friendly and efficient. She's going to be our new opthalmologist for the whole family!
in Smithville, TX |
Dr. Ram...you are awesome! Your kindness and professionalism in all areas of my care were above my expectations. I am very pleased with the outcome of my Strabismus surgery ... no more prisms...yeah! Be assured I will recommend you to others who have interest in this surgical procedure. Many Thanks and Blessings Lanelle Amann
in Leander, TX |
As a mom we concerned a lot regarding our kids heakth. Dr. RAM was the best. She did an amazing cirgury with my little boy he is 4 years old.I am super pleased at her job, she is super friendly and knows what she is doing.make my boy so comfortable .i highly recomend her. The staff are so friendly.
Austin, TX |
I felt very confident with Dr. Ram taking care of my cataracts. She is very knowledgable and has a very calming demeanor. Thanks Dr. Ram.
in Austin, TX |
Really appreciate her thoroughness and patience.
in Austin, TX |
Knowledgeable, caring, considerate and personable - four qualities that make Dr. Ram the best eye doctor I have seen. She takes care to explain what she is doing and why, and she is thorough, listens carefully, and answers questions patiently. She is the first eye doctor who showed me how to correctly apply eye ointment, and explained how to maintain and take care of my eye. A compassionate doctor who not only treats patients, but also teaches them prevention. Keep up your good work!
in Austin, TX |
I loved my experience with Dr. Ram. She called me twice post-op to check on me. I am totally confident in her ability to treat me. I already made appt. with her for my annual checkup.
in Austin, TX |
Dr. Ram is an excellent doctor and physician, I personally thank her for all she did for me in performing my Catarac surgery and follow up appointments to check my condition and satisfaction with my new improved eye sight. I would strongly recommend her for any future surgeries and recommendations. This is probably the first survey I've ever completed. Thanks again, Mark
Austin, TX |
Dr. Ram was exceptional. Very thorough and clearly dedicated. She took her time and openly asked my opinions, and explained everything to me very carefully. I enjoyed my visit and would highly recommend!
in Kyle, TX |
Great experience w/Dr. Ram it was a first time for me having my eyes dilated and diabetes eye check up. All went well, the staff and Dr. Ram were the most caring and knowledgeable professionals I could of asked for. I will certainly return and refer others to them, thank you for your help.
in Elgin, TX |
Dr. Ram and her support staff did an amazing job taking care of our four-year-old after he got sawdust in his eye. He was scared about the visit and was in considerable discomfort but Dr. Ram was able to put him at ease and treat the issue. He's made a full recovery and we are very happy with the attention he was given.
in Buda, TX |
Dr. Ram was amazing with my 19 month old daughter. She did a thorough exam (which no other pedi Dr had done), answered all of my questions and didn't rush us at all. Her as well as all of the staff are very friendly. I am so glad we found Dr. Ram!
Austin, TX |
We are very pleased with Dr. Ram. She is very kind and gentle as well as making sure all of our concerns are addressed.
in Austin, TX |
I was not able to see Dr Neiman my ophthalmologist it was an emergency and was directed to see Dr Ram. I do have a lot of compliments for Dr Ram and will recommend her ,she is very professional, knowledgeable,pleasant ,easy to talk to and she helped . Thank you
in Austin, TX |
I immediately liked Dr. Ram. She had great bedside manner. I trusted her judgement.
in Round Rock, TX |
She is a great doctor and she takes care of her patient's very seriously and she is really professional in her profession.
in Austin, TX |
Saw Dr. Ram and was absolutely impressed. She took time and answered any and all questions we had and did not seem rushed. Pleasant demeanor and knowledgeable.
in Austin, TX |
She was very pleasant and knowledgeable. She made my visit one of the best I've had at Texan Eye.
Bastrop, TX |
I'm a late 40's male that has dealt with double vision all of my life. It progressively worsened over time to the point prism in my glasses would no longer correct it. If you have this problem please go see her. You will not regret it. Minimal discomfort for a week and the issue is 100% corrected. My lenses have zero prism and are incredibly thin and light. Thank you Dr. Ram!
in Austin, TX |
I actually thought I had an appointment with Dr. Walters who I have been seeing for 30 years. The appointment was at a different location, and I asked if there were any other openings. Consequently, I met with Dr. Ram. She was extremely thorough and complete. She was easy to talk to and answered all of my questions. I noticed that she also had a specialty with pediatric surgery and eye issues in particular strabismus. I give Dr. Ram the highest recommendation and would see her again.
in Austin, TX |
Dr. Ram performed strabismus surgery on both of my eyes in January 2016. She was very detail oriented and thorough throughout the entire process. She explained the procedure well and shared my options with me. Following the operation she took time outside of her working hours to follow up and be available for any questions or concerns i had. She also followed up with my general care optimilogist and made the extra effort to ensure everyone was kept up to date.
in Austin, TX |
Dr. Ram gave me a very thorough eye exam for a double vision problem and answered all my questions. She gave me several options on how to deal with this problem so I could continue to see with better vision. I would recommend Dr. Ram to my family and my friends.
in Austin, TX |
I received excellent care and service from Dr. Ram. She is very professional in delivery of eye care and provides great customer service. I highly recommend Dr. Ram.
in Austin, TX |
Unable to remove a contact lens on a recent Sunday night, I contacted Texan Eye at 9 PM. Radha Ram, MD met me at the office. She was professional, comforting; if there was any chance I could miss going blind, it was under her care. She thoroughly examined my eye, and could not get the lens out either - because it was no longer in there. Luckily, I had only irritated my eye. I'm eternally grateful to Dr. Ram and Texan Eye for their great judgement in adding her to their competent team - KUDOS!!!
Austin, tx |
Dr. Ram was very thoughtful and thorough. She answered my questions and put me at ease regarding my condition. I highly recommend her as well as Texan Eye!
in Austin, TX |
Dr. Ram was very thorough and professional, explaining everything clearly. She is very easy to talk to, and gave her full attention to all of my questions. I look forward to continuing as her patient.
in Austin, TX |
Dr. Ram was great with my first-time, nervous-about-getting-eyedrops 10-year old. She was incredibly patient and put my daughter at ease from the beginning. My daughter couldn't wait to send a selfie with her new glasses to Dr. Ram afterwards! Very highly recommend!
Have you seen Dr. Radha Ram, MD?
Are you Dr. Ram?

• Spectera
  • Superior HealthPlan
  • Superior Vision
  • USA Managed Care Organization
  • Vision Service Plan (VSP)

Hospitals where Dr. Ram has admitting privileges