Dr. Rachel Yankama, MD

Dr. Rachel Yankama, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology  |
Dr. Rachel Yankama, MD is an obstetrics & gynecology doctor who practices in Battle Creek, MI. She is 64 years old and has been practicing for 34 years.

601 S Shore Dr Unit 224

Battle Creek, MI 49014

• Priority Health

Learn about Dr. Yankama

See how frequently Dr. Yankama performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Vaginitis and-or Vaginosis
Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
Atrophic Vaginitis

Dr. Yankama's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Encounters for Normal Pregnancies
  • Endometriosis
  • Gestational Diabetes
  • Gynecologic Cancer
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Hemorrhoids
  • Hypertension Complicating Pregnancy, Childbirth and Postpartum
  • Maternal Anemia
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Miscarriages
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
  • Preeclampsia
  • Pregestational Diabetes Mellitus
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sickle Cell Disease

• Tubal Ligation
  • Vaginal Delivery and VBAC
  • Vaginal Surgery
  • Vulvectomy

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

• University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1983
  • St John Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1984
  • St John Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1987

Dr. Yankama has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Yankama does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Yankama and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Yankama's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Yankama to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Yankama's Performance
in Battle Creek, MI |
I had not been to a Gynecologist in years and I had no idea where to look for one in my town so I searched the web and found Dr. Yankama. I was treated with the upmost respect and Dr. Yankama always took the time to explain what was going on. After my surgery I now know what being pain free is! The aftercare was excellent and she takes the time to show pictures of what she found. I will forever be in her debt. Her staff is great! If you want a caring Doctor, Dr. Yankama is it! God Bless You
Battle Creek, MI |
I have been a patient of Dr. Yankama's for about 14 years. She's delivered 2 of my children (1 preemie), helped me through an early miscarriage, performed my annual exams, and a few other gyn services and I couldn't be happier with her as a Dr. She has always made the time to hear my concerns or questions and I trust her completely with my care. I highly recommend her office!
in Battle Creek, MI |
I have had the privilege of Having Dr. Yankama as my doctor for the last 10 years. I always feel like family at the office. She will take as much time as I need during my appointments to make sure I fully understand what's going on and answers all of my questions thoroughly! I just recently had my second baby and I couldn't be more happy with the whole experience. I have challenging pregnancies, I felt so safe and was well taken care of with her as my Dr. I miss seeing her and her staff weekly
I have been a patient of Dr. Yankama for at least 25 years. She is a very knowledgeable, patient, and caring doctor. She delivered my daughter and has performed a couple of surgical procedures. She always takes the time to listen to my questions and helps guide me through health problems that I am experiencing. I would highly recommend her to other women searching for a great OB/GYN.
Battle Creek, MI |
I have complete trust in Dr. Yankama. She has overseen my pregnancies and delivered my children and is extremely knowledgeable in the medical field. I would recommend Dr. Yankama to any women whether she is pregnant or not.
Battle Creek, MI |
I have been a patient of Dr. Yankama for over 18 years. She is patient, understanding and has a wonderful bedside manner. She makes you feel as if you are only patient. She has performed my ob surgeries and delivered my son who just graduated this year from high school when I was told that I possibly would not be able to carry any more children by another physician. Dr. Yankama has also performed other gyn surgeries that I have needed over the years. She comes highly recommended.
Dr. Yankama provides me with the latest, up to date information regarding any Gyn questions or concerns that I have on my visits. She is able to explain everything in language that is easily understandable. I completely trust her and welcome her suggestions for any changes in my health that she determines will benefit me.
in Battle Creek, MI |
I have been a patient of Dr. Yankama's since she came to Battle Creek and opened her practice. I felt more comfortable talking to her than my male physician at that time. A few years later she helped me figure out my abdominal pain with laparoscopic surgeries to help relieve the pain. Dr. Yankama is very knowledgeable and keeps up on the current procedures, treatments, medicines, etc. Dr. Yankama is not the doctor that writes a quick prescription just to get you out of her office.
in Battle Creek, MI |
Dr Yankama goes beyond normal expected care and truly cares about her patients. She is kind and takes time to listen and provides guidance when needed. Her sweet demeanor is only out done by her support and generosity for the community, that few ever hear about. I have been her patient for years and feel blessed to have her covering my health needs.
in Battle Creek, MI |
I have been going to Dr. Yankama for years now and I am very satisfied with her care. She is personable, she recognizes her patients in public and always says hello. I never felt uncomfortable since day one of being in her office for an appt. She takes the time, is attentive and always explains procedures prior to being done and makes sure you understand.She doesn't rush through my appts. Her holistic approach to patient care is what I like and she treats her pts. with respect.
in Battle Creek, MI |
Dr. Yankama has been my gynecologist for many years. She always will take time to address my concerns. She is well informed, keeps up with the literature and provides the best possible care. She is personable and caring.
in Battle Creek, MI |
Dr. Yankama is wonderful! She was my mom's prenatal doctor during her pregnancy with my little sister, so naturally I turned to her during my first pregnancy. And then my second. Not only did she deliver my two children, I have since chosen her as my OBGYN. I feel very comfortable talking to her and asking her questions, and she's great about answering them without rushing me out of the office. I don't know what I would do without her!
in Battle Creek, MI |
Questions were answered and service was excellent
in Battle Cteek,MI |
I have gone to dr. Yank am a for over 22 years now. She was my Dr. while I was pregnant 29 yrs ago. I wouldn't dream of going to anyone else for female care. I would recommend her 100%.
Battle Creek, MI |
Dr. Yankama is an excellent doctor. She has been my gynecologist for many years and is always friendly and professional. Her staff is helpful and efficient. I highly recommend her.
Marshall MI |
I've had Dr. Yankama for several years and feel very comfortable talking to her about any situation. She is very knowledgeable and would highly recommend her to anyone. My daughter has her as a doctor as well and she has delivered both of her children and highly respects her. I will sadly miss her whenever she decides to retire.
Battle Creek, MI |
In my opinion, Dr. Yankama is not only knowledgeable in the area of traditional medicine but also offers pertinent information from a holistic and natural standpoint.
in Battle Creek, MI |
After seeking advice from many specialists for my stomach issues, Dr. Yankama found my problem by doing blood work for food intolerances which no one else had even suggested. The results have been life-alternating -- what a blessing! Within a month of following the test results, I can sleep through the night without pain; something rare for the last twenty plus years. Many other benefits continue to flow from Dr. Yankama's wisdom and insight, and I am very, very grateful! Please see her soon!
in Burlington, MI |
I have been to several OB/GYN physicians but Dr. Yankama is by far the best! She takes the time to really listen to my concerns, addresses each one and helps to develop a plan of care with me. She never makes me feel rushed and I feel important to her. I would recommend her to my family and friends for sure!!!
in Kalamazoo Mi |
I have been with Dr Yankama for a few years now and couldn't have asked for a better doctor. She's so great at listening to you. I love the holistic approaches she takes. During my pregnancy I had a few complications and I felt so comfortable and safe with the decisions she made to keep my baby and I safe.
in Battle Creek, MI |
I have been with Dr. Yankama since I was a young lady. She is seriously the best doctor ever! She delivered my daughter and just recently my son. Her expertise is phenomenal; the time she spends getting to understand and manage your medical status displays her quality of work and how much she cares; and her knowledge is breathtaking. I would definitely recommend her!
in Battle Creek, MI |
I'm so pleased to have been referred to Dr. Yankama a few years ago by by family and friends. Her quality professionalism, research knowledge on traditional & holistic approaches, plus having longevity in the field have been life changing for me. I became quite ill recently, and she was extremely thorough in her clinical approaches, and was able to diagnosis the issue effectively and efficiently. She helped me strategically develop a plan of recovery and I'm so grateful for her medical direction
in Battle Creek, MI |
Dr Yankama is a knowledgeable doctor with a friendly approach, I have been seeing her for 25 + plus years. She is very easy to talk too regarding 'women's problems and concerns' and always has some updated research to share with you that is age appropriate.
in Battle Creek, MI |
Dr. Yankama is an exceptional medical professional. I have been going to her for over 15 years and so has all the women in our family. She has so many great qualities. Her approach is for your care as a whole and not just for female issues. She has a vast knowledge regarding many nutritional needs and shares new information with me each time I see her. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a new provider!
East Leroy, MI |
I could not ask for a better doctor. When I came to Dr. Yankama I previously had a horrible experience, she was extremely patient and understanding. She took the time to make me feel comfortable and allowed me to finally get the treatment I desperately needed. I was provided with options for treatment. I could not be happier with the outcome of my selected treatment. I am finally able to live a normal life. She truly went above and beyond to ensure I received the care I needed.
Battle Creek, MI |
Dr. Yankama is super She made me feel very comfortable from the first visit. I feel like she really cares about me and my concerns. She is very easy to talk to and ask questions. Made me feel at ease and I like her approach to care very much.
in Kalamazoo, MI |
I've been seeing Dr. Yankama for 6/7 years now. She's very knowledgeable and personable. Has answers about everything and anything you could need to ask about. When I was pregnant with my daughter she eased my anxieties about child birth and always explained everything.
Have you seen Dr. Rachel Yankama, MD?
Are you Dr. Yankama?