Dr. Rachel Tesser, MD

12 Reviews
Dr. Tesser

Triangle Ophthalmology

55 Vilcom Center Dr Ste 110 Chapel Hill, NC 27514

Dr. Rachel Tesser, MD is an ophthalmology specialist in Chapel Hill, NC and has been practicing for 15 years. She graduated from Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine in 1998 and specializes in ophthalmology.

• Trustworthy Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews
  • Friendly staff Patients said the staff was friendly. See reviews

Dr. Tesser accepts

Dr. Tesser accepts the following insurance:

No malpractice claims found for North Carolina

3.9

Dr. Tesser?
Dr. Tesser's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Rachel Tesser, MD
AFTER our visit, we were charged $39 because supposedly our insurance would pay for the exam and the glasses, but it would not pay for the prescription for the glasses. My EOB said that we owed nothing for the visit; my insurance told me to request a refund from the ophthalmologist. The ophthalmology office said that they didn’t bill insurance for refraction, and I signed something in the intake packet that said that I could be charged $39 for "refraction." I said I had never been charged for that before in our 10+ visits with other ophthalmologists, I am not familiar with the term "refraction" as it applies to ophthalmology, and I knew my insurance covered vision 100%, so I didn't understand that charge applied to us specifically. If it were a legit charge, all ophthalmologists would charge it, they would bill insurance for it and insurance would cover it, and they wouldn't slip it into the intake packet rather than actually telling patients face to face or by phone before the visit
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rachel Tesser, MD?
I feel so fortunate to have Dr. Tesser as my physician. She is very kind, caring and competent. She has her own private practice and it is so nice not to have to go through one of the nearby huge medical systems. I have seen many opthamologists over the years and some of these were quite gruff and had poor interpersonal skills. She is just the opposite and I highly recommend her!!u
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rachel Tesser, MD?
She asks excellent questions and offers information that my eye doctor of many years in NJ never told me. I thought dry eyes were just an unpleasant nuisance. Dr Tesser told me they affect vision. That had me take action about it with both drops and Vit E. Thank you.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rachel Tesser, MD?
My last interaction was dismal thus this very poor rating. My appt was pretty rushed and the next day I realized that I had a couple questions. I called the office and asked to speak to the doctor at her convenience. The person answering the phone informed me that the Dr does not return phone calls. If I wanted to speak to her directly I'd need to make another appt. I'd spent $300+ just the day before. Email and letter sent to the Dr informing her of this and asking for response-none rec'd.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rachel Tesser, MD?
My children & I see Dr. Tesser for eye exams. She is professional but kind & witty and went out of her way to make our youngest child comfortable during her first ever eye exam. As another reviewer commented, dilation of eyes in young children can last longer than 24 hours. When I called Dr. T I was told that it is uncommon but not unheard of. Both of my children's eyes were dilated for almost 48 hours, but this is no reflection on Dr. Tesser, my kids just happen to be one of the uncommon.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rachel Tesser, MD?
My daughter had an exam for intermittent exotropia of her left eye. I informed Dr. Tesser of her history & the previous dilation of her eyes by a pediatric ophthalmologist and didn't think it was needed. She insisted & I relented. She said the effects would last less than 24 hours. 24 hours later her eyes were still dilated requiring shades. A call to her office resulted in reassurance that it happens at times & to call on Sat if still occurring. Urgent calls were met with a full voicemailbox
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rachel Tesser, MD?
I was looking for a thorough eye exam and asked for a recommendation from a business owner who sells eyeglasses. The only doctor they could recommend was Dr. Tesser and I am so glad they did. I travel from Cary to Chapel Hill to have my eye exam and it is worth the time to get to her. She is professional and caring: something I was looking for in a doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rachel Tesser, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Tesser?

• Ophthalmology