Dr. Rachel Kaiser, MD

RheumatologyFemaleAge 46

Rheumatology

Dr. Rachel Kaiser, MD is a Rheumatology Specialist in Chevy Chase, MD and has over 21 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Kaiser has extensive experience in Osteoporosis & Screening. She graduated from University of Pittsburgh / Main Campus medical school in 2001. She is affiliated with medical facilities John Muir Health, Concord Medical Center and Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital and Trauma Center. Her office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Rachel Kaiser, MD

Arthritis and Rheumatism Associates, PC

5454 Wisconsin Ave Ste 600 Chevy Chase, MD 20815
Telehealth services available
Telehealth services available

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Rheumatology Specialists in your area

• Friendly Staff
    Patients said the staff was friendly. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Maryland

Frequently Treated by Dr. Kaiser

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Kaiser treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Kaiser treats other conditions, please contact the office at (301) 942-7600.

Osteoporosis & Screening

Osteoporosis specialists diagnose and treat conditions characterized by low bone density and bone weakness, such as osteoporosis and osteopenia.Compare with other Osteoporosis & Screening specialists.

Dr. Kaiser is experienced in the area of Osteoporosis & Screening. See the graph below to learn more about her experience.

Based on claims data for 2 conditions and procedures

High
Very High

Check Dr. Kaiser's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Kaiser's conditions and procedures:

• Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
  • Behçet's Disease
  • Bone Density Scan
  • Chondrocalcinosis
  • Chronic Pain
  • Dual-Energy X-Ray Absorptiometry (DEXA) Scan
  • Gout
  • Joint Fluid Test
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Limb Cramp
  • Lupus
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Muscle Weakness
  • Musculoskeletal Function Test
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Osteoarthritis of Hands
  • Osteoporosis Screening
  • Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR)
  • Psoriatic Arthritis
  • Quantitative Sensory Test (QST)
  • Raynaud's Disease
  • Sarcoidosis
  • Sjögren's Syndrome
  • Temporal Arteritis
  • Trigger Finger
  • Ultrasound, Musculoskeletal
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Dr. Kaiser accepts

Dr. Kaiser accepts the following insurance:

Select

Dr. Kaiser's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Kaiser

3.6

Dr. Kaiser

I had an appointment with Dr. Kaiser upon the recommendation of a doctor at the Pain Management Institute to see if something couldn't be done to relieve pain for arthritis in the cervical area. She was pleasant enough, but couldn't recommend any treatment beyond taking Celebrex, which I was already taking, presumably because it was not rheumatoid arthritis. Several weeks later I got a bill for $696 for a 45 minute appointment – $15.50 per minute – pretty outrageous I find. It's no wonder that we don't have a healthcare system that works when doctors gouge their patients and insurance companies in this way. Beyond the expense, I spent the time and effort to go through the appointment with absolutely nothing to show for it. Not a great experience.
Bruce Benton – Mar 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rachel Kaiser, MD?
I feel it was a complete waste of time to wait for 2 months to get an appt with this Dr. She did not discuss anything about arthritis or rheumitism with me. She prescribed a drug that after researching, I found I could not take because of my heart condition and thyroid condition (whch I let her know about during the visit). I called to inquire what I could take in place of that drug and which over the counter anti inflammatory was safest to take long term. She said I would have to make another appointment to discuss. Complete disregard for patient - no empathy whatsoever. I wish I could leave no stars. completely demoralizing experience. Searching for anther Dr. now.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Appointment was rushed
Oct 25, 2019
Thank you for your feedback, as we take all...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rachel Kaiser, MD?
Friendly and open; shares a lot of information. I found the tests and medication appropriate. I thought she was interested and engaged. She has a trustworthy demeanor. The office is very organized.
Sharon Buck – Oct 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rachel Kaiser, MD?
Review sites like this are so problematic. 1 star reviews because people felt they weren't heard enough? Be less "feely". I understand your frustration, but one star indicates incompetence: that's not present here. My impression is that she's a fine physician who knows her field and takes it seriously. It's possible that excess tests are ordered, but I'd rather have excess tests than insufficient testing 100% of the time. She wasn't 100% willing to work with me, which frustrated me. But I don't believe in this "patient is always right" sentiment that has developed over the last few decades. It irritated me a bit. I very much wanted pain medicine for my gout attack (I need to walk extensively for work, and couldn't) but didn't get any. If I was a physician I would have given it to a patient. But I'm not going to give her a 1 star review because she didn't. She took my history, addressed my problem - effectively -, and was ultimately very helpful.
Jul 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rachel Kaiser, MD?
Dr. Rachel Kaiser was amazing. My condition is not straight forward. I mush appreciate her critical thinking, looking at the complete history and trying to understand the issue to find the right cause and treatments. We are still investigating the condition and I will have more details once I see her next time. Thank you.
Ruk Dev – Jul 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rachel Kaiser, MD?
Dr. Kaiser is extremely thorough, very respectful, and communicates clearly. She patiently worked with me, taking my priorities into account, to find the best treatment option for me. Dr. Kaiser provides excellent care. Also, the practice can provide many tests (x-rays, blood draw) on site, thereby obtaining results quickly or immediately and therefore speeding the care process.
Mar 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rachel Kaiser, MD?
There is no concern or real care for patient support and treatment. Over-testing, over-billing and a lack of consideration for the patients needs and concerns. Many specialists who understand there must be patient-doctor dialogue and that being dismissive and condescending to a patient is not the way to establish a trusting relationship. Apparently being respectful is not D. Dr. Kaiser's style. She has little respect for her clients, does not listen and fail to provide adequate treatment.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
Marie in Bethesda, MD – Feb 12, 2019
Hi Marie, Thank you for your feedback, as we take...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rachel Kaiser, MD?
Excellent. Rarely has a doctor taken as much time to study mt existing paperwork and listen to previous medical consultations which had lead to getting her advice. I am extremely hopeful that we will be finally getting to the bottom of my issue. She even went over my existing xrays with me to explain what she saw and counseled me. I am hopeful that things will turn around now, a feeling I have not experienced in a long time. It took more time to get an appointment with her than I had hoped.
Barbara Hoover in Chevy Chase, MD – Jan 03, 2019
Hi Barbara, Thank you so much for your feedback...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rachel Kaiser, MD?
I was referred due to blood test results during my pregnancy. During my visit, Dr. Kaiser did not take the medical history I relayed seriously. She had me do additional blood testing (on what I already told her was my issue) to "make sure" and low and behold my results came back positive and I was stuck with an extremely expensive medical bill to boot. Shame on me for second guessing myself. I wasn't taken seriously and had to pay for it.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Feb 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rachel Kaiser, MD?
At my first appointment with Dr Kaiser she spent 40 minutes with me. She listened closely, took careful notes about my symptoms and concerns, and was extremely thorough in her questions, analysis, and explanations. I was very impressed by her knowledge and, specially, her bedside manner. I would recommend her 100%.
Chevy Chase, MD – Oct 10, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rachel Kaiser, MD?
Dr. Kaiser was very attentive and insightful. Listened and worked diligently to diagnose a difficult medical issue. I have interacted with many physicians. She is wonderful.
Washington, DC – Jun 15, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rachel Kaiser, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Kaiser?