Dr. Rachel Gordon, MD

Dr. Rachel Gordon, MD

Dermatology  ·
Female  ·
Dr. Rachel Gordon, MD is a dermatologist in Dallas, TX. She graduated from West Virginia University School Of Medicine and specializes in dermatology.Read her story

8144 Walnut Hill Ln Ste 1300

Dallas, TX 75231

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas

Learn about Dr. Gordon

See how frequently Dr. Gordon performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Skin Discoloration
Excision of Skin Lesion
Seborrheic Keratosis

Dr. Gordon's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Gordon's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Gordon "Dr. Rachel Gordon is a graduate of Ohio State University, where she graduated Magna Cum Laude before attending the West Virginia University School of Medicine and then the University of Pittsburgh, where she completed her internship in internal medicine. Before completing her dermatology residency at the University of Texas at Houston, where she spent her last year as Chief Resident, Dr. Gordon devoted two years to clinical dermatology research. During that time, she participated in more than 20 different clinical studies regarding new treatments for eczema, acne, psoriasis, genital warts, herpes, and rosacea, and has worked with several newly approved drugs for rosacea and psoriasis. Dr. Gordon has authored many dermatology industry publications in peer-reviewed journals and book chapters in addition to presentations at national, state, and local dermatology meetings. Dr. Gordon's dermatology interests include general, pediatric, surgical and cosmetic dermatology. Dr. Gordon enjoys treating all skin conditions and also brings with her a special enthusiasm for solving psoriasis problems as a Dallas board-certified dermatologist. I grew up on a farm outside of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and fell in love with Texas when I moved to Houston for my research and then dermatology residency. At the end of my residency when I was looking for practices to join, NDDA was highly recommended by several of my professors. When I visited NDDA, right off the bat I could tell this was a great group of dermatologists who really enjoy what they do. I'm excited to be a part of a Dallas dermatology team where I have a great sense of camaraderie and a common philosophy of putting the patient first."

This content was provided by Dr. Gordon "My care philosophy is to 'keep it simple.' I enjoy looking for the cause of a skin condition and targeting it with the most effective treatment. Even more so, I like getting to know my patients and educating them to the best of my ability about their skin. My goal is for patients to leave the office with a better understanding of their condition, and for them to feel involved with their care. We live in an exciting time in medicine – newer technology has led to more treatment options than ever before and there is a never-ending influx of health-related information available to patients. Medicine has changed, but I believe the practice of medicine will always be, at its core, within the relationship between a patient and their doctor. That's what 'keep it simple' means to me."

• Dermatology

Dr. Gordon does not have any board certifications listed.

• Acne Surgery

Medical School | Graduated
  • University Of Pittsburgh
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • University Of Texas At Houston / Medical School At Houston

Dr. Gordon has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Gordon has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Gordon does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gordon and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Gordon's Reviews

4.4
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gordon to family and friends

Dr. Gordon's Performance

My first visit with Dr. Gordon was excellent! She is friendly, yet efficient. Diagnosed my rare condition correctly and then performed tests to confirm her diagnosis. I never felt rushed - she answered all my questions. She called me later with test results and answered even more questions. I...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Very sweet and very courteous. I really loved how she was very concerned about what was going on with me . Love her
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
I needed a same day appointment and was able to get one. Dr. Gordon was very personable and answered my questions.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Gordon is wonderful!! She is very knowledgeable and personable. I? always look forward to my appointents with her. She is proactive in my skin care and i love that!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Very compassionate. Listens to you.
Are you Dr. Gordon?