Dr. Rachel Careccia, MD

Dermatology ·  Female · Age 44

Dr. Careccia

Florida Medical Clinic

12500 N Dale Mabry Hwy Ste B Tampa, FL 33618

Dr. Rachel Careccia, MD is a dermatologist in Tampa, FL and has been practicing for 13 years. She graduated from University Of Miami / School Of Medicine in 2001 and specializes in dermatology and dermatopathology.

Dr. Careccia's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Careccia

3.8

Dr. Careccia?
Dr. Careccia's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Rachel Careccia, MD
If Dr. Careccia performs a full body dermatology exam on you, be sure to tell her face first, then feet! NOT the other way around, as was done to me. After handling my toes and feet, she put her hands all over my face to check for abnormalities. One only wonders if she bothered to wash her hands before seeing the next patient. This woman is not a practitioner of patient-centered care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rachel Careccia, MD?
Dr. Careccia is the best dermatologist I have been to. I was diagnosed with melanoma a week before I moved to Florida in 2015. I came to see her about 6 months after I moved here. She was very thorough with my exam and made me feel very comfortable. Anything new on me she takes off. Even if to her it looks benign, because of my melanoma history, she takes it off. I feel like it is mostly to ease my mind but that's okay with me. Her staff is amazing and always so friendly. I highly recommend her!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rachel Careccia, MD?
I went in for a black legion on my genital area that looked like cancer from all the info I gathered on the internet(rapid growth, a large size, uneven borders, uneven colors). Dr Rachel Careccia looked at it and told me she thought it was a mole and that I shouldn't worry about it, or to watch to see if it grows in 2-3 months. I told her I have been watching it for a year, its been growing rapidly, and I just want it removed. She said ok she couldn't remove it at that moment and I would have to
professional and caring forherpatients
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rachel Careccia, MD?
Dr has staff make all calls RE biopsy results even positive cancer diagnosis. Does not discuss diagnosis, treatment or prognosis. Had non medically trained staff handle everything which is basically to set up procedure appointment. Would put all zeros if I could. Recommend go elsewhere
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rachel Careccia, MD?
My daughter went to see Dr. Careccia and she was wonderful. She identified 3 different skin issues she had and treated them accordingly. She was great with my daughter and very thorough. The wait time wasn't long either which is big plus for us.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rachel Careccia, MD?
For my total body exam, I took in a list of about 20 areas of concern. Dr. Careccia said that she has a specific routine of doing an exam so that she doesn't "miss anything." In addition to her specific routine, she addressed each area about which I was concerned. None of the areas that I asked about looked worrisome to her. However, due to her specific routine exam she noted a precancerous lesion that I had never noticed! Also, she does an antiseptic cleaning of the exam table between patients!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rachel Careccia, MD?
Dr. Careccia is wonderful! I was seen exactly on time for my appointment. She gave me excellent advice and options, and her staff was extremely attentive and accommodating. I didn't think my insurance would cover my medication, but her tech looked up a local pharmacy and verified my insurance would cover it AND printed a coupon. I had an excellent experience and I look forward to continuing my care with her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rachel Careccia, MD?
She is very friendly, interacts well with patients, and is knowledgable and very thorough.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rachel Careccia, MD?
Dr. Careccia is wonderful! I always appreciate her thoroughness - and how she makes it easy for me to understand the "science" of what she's recommending for treatment of both me and my kids. Highly recommended!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rachel Careccia, MD?
Highly recommend -- I went to a few other local dermatologists in the area and was disappointed with the quality of care. Dr Careccia did a much thorough exam than others, and I feel very confident in her diagnosis. I plan to have the rest of my family see her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rachel Careccia, MD?
I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS DOCTOR. Diagnosis incorrect because Diagnosis not correlated with clinical facts . Apparently doctor perfers to make assumption. For me this resulted in antibiotics being unnecessarily prescribed. Refused to do a biopsy to correctly diagnose condition . Waste of money,Waste of time . RUDE
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rachel Careccia, MD?
Very caring,.... Terrific listener .... Great touch Had Dr. Careccia preform a removal of some skin cancer located on my back... The Doc and her staff were extremely professional in the way they handled the whole procedure. Well done ladies
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rachel Careccia, MD?
My experience with Dr. Careccia and her staff has always been great! I believe that with my issue, she was the most thorough with the process of evaluating my condition to ensure the best possible result and with subsequent monitoring has kept me in a normal lifestyle. I highly recommend her!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rachel Careccia, MD?
If there was a star that I could not highlight I would. There is a 30$ copay and all she does is tell you what you already know---actually she did not tell me anything.. she had a nurse assistant tell me everything. In the middle of my question she straight out walked up and left....like seriously so rude. This is a person's face we are talking about..for you to disregard it like nothing is very rude and very unrelatable for a doctor. There are many other dermatologists in Tampa. Save your copay
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rachel Careccia, MD?
I visited Dr. Careccia for my acne. She told me I would see a change in 4 weeks . Well it's been over 6 weeks and my acne has worsened . I went to a new dematologist that told me that what Dr. Careccia gave me would not of made a big impact on my acne , and only would worsen over time. What I really need was an antibiotic pill , which I was not given . So now I am 6 weeks in the wrong direction. Also , when I would see her , she acted like she had no time for my questions and wasn't sympathetic
Without a doubt, Fantastic
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rachel Careccia, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Careccia?

Dr. Careccia was born in Columbus, Ohio and was raised in Orlando, Florida. She has been in Tampa since 2006. Dr. Careccia lives with her husband and daughters in Odessa, and she enjoys reading, boating, and other outdoor activities.

• Dermatology

2002
2001
1997

Dr. Careccia accepts

Dr. Careccia accepts the following insurance:

AvMed
Commercial Insurance Company
Golden Rule
MedHealthInsurance
MVP Health Care

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check Dr. Careccia's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Lichen Planus
  • Lipomas
  • Melanoma
  • Mole Removal
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Molluscum Contagiosum Infection