Dr. Rachel Brown, MD

Internal MedicineFemaleAge 44

Dr. Rachel Brown, MD is a Internal Medicine Specialist in Navarre, FL and has over 17 years of experience in the medical field. She graduated from U Of Tx Med Sch At Houston medical school in 2005. She is affiliated with medical facilities Ascension Sacred Heart Hospital Emerald Coast and Ascension Sacred Heart Pensacola. She has indicated that she accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Brown to book an appointment.

Dr. Brown

Emerald Shores Rheumatology

7552 Navarre Pkwy Unit 54 Navarre, FL 32566
Telehealth services available

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Internal Medicine Specialists in your area

• Friendly Staff
    Patients said the staff was friendly. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ See hospitals

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check if Dr. Brown treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Brown's conditions and procedures:

• Abdominal Pain
  • Abscess or Cyst Drainage or Aspiration
  • Achilles Tendinitis
  • Acute Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Acute Sinusitis
  • Anal or Rectal Pain
  • Anemia
  • Animal Allergies
  • Ankle Sprains and Strains
  • Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
  • Arthritis of the Elbow
  • Asthma
  • Asymptomatic Post-Menopausal Status
  • Ataxia
  • Atherosclerosis
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Bunion
  • Chronic Pharyngitis
  • Chronic Sinusitis
  • Coccygeal Pain
  • Constipation
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Cough
  • Cryoglobulinemia
  • Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Dermatitis Due to Food
  • Dysphagia
  • Electrocardiogram (EKG)
  • Emphysema
  • Enteritis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Esophagitis
  • Essential Tremor
  • Fever
  • Folic Acid Deficiency
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gout
  • Hyperkalemia
  • Hypogonadism
  • Hypokalemia
  • Hypothyroidism
  • Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP)
  • Immunization Administration
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Insomnia
  • Intertrigo
  • Irritable Bowel Syndrome
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Limb Cramp
  • Osteoarthritis of Hands
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Overactive Bladder
  • Overweight
  • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
  • Pericardial Disease
  • Peripheral Autonomic Neuropathy
  • Pharyngitis
  • Plantar Fasciitis
  • Pneumonia
  • Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR)
  • Polymyositis
  • Proteinuria
  • Puncture Aspiration
  • Pyogenic Arthritis
  • Rash
  • Raynaud's Disease
  • Restless Leg Syndrome
  • Sarcoidosis
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Shingles
  • Tobacco Use Disorder
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Stones
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Vasculitis
  • Vitamin D Deficiency
  • Wegener's Granulomatosis
  • Wheezing

Dr. Brown accepts

Dr. Brown accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO

Dr. Brown's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Brown

3.4

Dr. Brown

Dr. Brown is amazing she took her time and talked to me about my test from my pcp and explain what they meant. She sent me for a few more test and set me up to come back in 3 weeks. My test results came back in a week so she called and had me come on in to go over my test results. She explained everything and we discussed treatment options and decided together. She is a blessing. Her staff is absolutely amazing they go above and beyond so thankful for each one of them. I will never go anywhere else.
Tracy – Jan 20, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rachel Brown, MD?
Once Dr Brown moved to her new building and went to "virtual" appointments, her "Patient Care" SUFFERED and her attitude towards her patients got WORSE! I had been a Lupus patient of Dr. Brown for 2 years with her giving me requests for blood tests/Lab work after each physical face-to-face office appointment at her old office. However, once she started doing "virtual" appointments, she would tell you that her requests for Lab work would be emailed to you by her office staff. For my September 2020, March 2021 and May 2021 "virtual" appointments, there were NO LAB TESTS ever SENT TO ME as email attachments even after I called her office and sent emails telling her staff that I still have NOT RECEIVED ANY EMAILED "orders" for LAB TESTS as she claimed. Today, I finally got a call back from one of Dr. Brown's office staff stating that Dr. Brown has DISMISSED ME FOR NON-COMPLIANCE!! She decided to BLAME ME for HER 1 YR NEGLIGENCE (her failure to check why Lab work was not done on me)
Rita – May 28, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rachel Brown, MD?
I am a physician who was asked by a family member (my niece) seen in consultation by Dr. Brown to speak with Dr. Brown about her case (after my family member signed a HIPPA release allowing her office to speak with me). I was told by her office staff that Dr. Brown "doesn't do" phone calls. I find that behavior to be appalling and unprofessional. In my own career, I have spent countless hours on the phone with patients and other physicians. If a family member of one of my patients called and asked to speak with me, I would always take the call based on the assumption that the conversation could potentially help the patient (and especially if that family member is a medical professional). In this case, Dr. Brown is certainly not putting the care of her patients first. It seems to me that she is only willing to engage in interactions where she can be reimbursed for her time, rather than truly honoring a professional code that puts other's interests ahead of her own.
Feb 25, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rachel Brown, MD?
Dr. Brown, is incredibly acknowledgeable, I was very nervous & in a lot of pain when i arrived at my first visit. It was very comforting to see the she had her fur baby at the office, I also am a Dog Lover. My second visit was not as scary for me knowing that i would be greeted by the sweet fur baby. I would recommend Dr. Brown to anyone who need comfort & healing.
Asami Frances – Jan 30, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rachel Brown, MD?
After the office canceled two appointments and having a horrible flare, assistant Brooke, got me in to see the Dr. Brown. They put me in an exam room, where I sat for over an hour. When Dr Brown finally came in, washed her hands, failed eye contact and sat at the computer to take notes. While taking visit notes, I noticed she was not wearing a mask or gloves. I asked why and she turned on me with this statement. "I'm not wearing a mask BECAUSE I DONT WANT TO!" I asked "Arent you afraid because you (she had confided earlier that she also had RA), that you are at high risk?" She got in my face and said, "I am not at high risk and YOU are not at high risk!" She stood up and said, " I dont think there is anything more that I can do for you! All you do is complain!" She walked out. Several days later, I got a letter stating that she no longer will see me. We had a GREAT relationship up until this day. Please be cautious. The warm smiles are hiding negligence and substandard care!
Another unhappy patient – Jan 10, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rachel Brown, MD?
I would NEVER recommend her to anyone! I did not follow her suggestion for an MRI, due to the fact that the area of concern was not a problem by the time of my scheduled MRI. More apparent symptoms occurred a few months earlier. I called to schedule an appointment and the receptionist put me on hold for several minutes. At that time I began to suspect I was flagged. The receptionist did not come back to me after being on hold for several minutes. Without coming back she connected me with Dr. Brown’s nurse. I was quickly told from the nurse that if I didn’t follow through with the MRI that Dr. Brown would not see me. The nurse continued to say rudely that obviously I did not understand how they treat their patients. My question is, who knows their body better than the patient? Thankfully I sought out another doctor and received a diagnosis that day. The doctor was spot on. Don’t waste your time or money for Dr. Brown to treat you!
Unhappy Patient – Jan 03, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rachel Brown, MD?
This place is a fast turn over money hungry operation. Pay for the new building. If you can actually get past Brook get your referral approved get your paperwork filled out and make an appointment within nine months you’re doing great. Got a new referral for a great doctor in Pensacola, I wouldn’t come here if she was the last doctor on earth. Brook is a B***h
Andre – Jul 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rachel Brown, MD?
Dr is OK. Office problems like billing, communication and refills. Will not go back
louis couto – May 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rachel Brown, MD?
I drive over 4 hours to see Dr Brown. I had a very hard case to diagnose and she has treated me very well. Although I have been seeing her for 2 years now and we still haven’t been able to find a suitable medication for my specific needs she doesn’t give up. I find her and everyone in her office professional, kind and caring. If the phone doesn’t get answered I always leave a message and I get a call back within 2 hours. I will continue to see Dr Brown
Pease – Jan 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rachel Brown, MD?
In the office they seem great. As soon as you leave, good luck getting your med referral or getting ahold of them if you’re having issues. They never answer the phone including the front desk. Also she doesn’t treat fibromyalgia, but didn’t refer me to another doctor. She wrote a doc note for 12 weeks, but took 10 days to write it! Two weeks later without seeing me, even though I was getting worse, made me pay $25 for filling out the Family Medical Leave Act paperwork and put on it that I could work! Even though social security deemed me disabled and so did the base fit for duty exam! She also kept putting me on rheumatoid arthritis medications that weren’t helping and causing bad side effects.
Jul 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rachel Brown, MD?
Dr Brown has been treating my husband for several years for very rare Igg4rd. He is very difficult to manage with many underlying issues. Because she treated him with care and dignity I began seeing her for my PsA. She is charming and resourceful. No stone unturned. I believe she saved my husbands life, by pressing forward with medications that he would have been on hold for otherwise. We have been working on my PsA meds and she always listens and responds. A great doctor.
Mar 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rachel Brown, MD?
Brown cost me another couple hundred dollars to tell me exactly what I have been told by 20 previous doctors. Exactly what I told her wasn't wrong with me. The pain doctor sent me to her. If you have fibromyalgia DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY ON THIS PERSON. I can promise you they will just call and tell you they don't know what's wrong amd no further appt needed. May sure to pay all your bills though... Very pretty nurses, to bad they act like they have no time for you in their schedule...
Clint in Pensacola, FL – Jan 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rachel Brown, MD?
Honestly, Dr. Brown has issues with how she just lets a patient go. She doesn’t ask questions of why or how, she just lets you go from her care and then can’t even answer the phone to discuss anything. Very sorry doctor. Has no business in the medical field at all.
Gulf Breeze, Florida – May 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rachel Brown, MD?
Dr. Brown put me on medications that have caused multiple side effects and even though I have shown her the research from places like the Mayo Clinic and told her none of the problems existed before the medication she wanted it to be the new diagnosis and not the meds. Bloodwork showed that it wasn't the diagnosis too.
Chris in Crestview, Florida – Jan 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rachel Brown, MD?
Dr.. Brown is knowledgeable about my specific conditions asked me for my input as to what I need what helps me.
Milton, FL – Oct 04, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rachel Brown, MD?
The person answering the phones was extremely rude and couldn't answer simple questions for me. There was an insurance mix up and moved an appointment I had a month out. I waited for this appointment for a month and a half. This clinic does NOT put patient care a priority. When you have an autoimmune disease and the clinic could care less.... find one that does care! It makes a world of difference! I do not recommend this dr at all! It made me leave one star or I would have left zero.
Amanda Moore in Fort Walton Beach, Fl – Jul 20, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rachel Brown, MD?
What a terrible waste of time, money and energy. It would take me too long to list all the reasons. She gave up on me and didn't even try to help once testing didn't show the exact diagnosis she was looking for. She has a good bedside manor but not much else and don't even bother trying to work with her office staff. They are useless.
Shannon Winter in Pensacola, FL – Jun 05, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rachel Brown, MD?
Went to for 3rd opinion because I had 2 different autoimmune dx prior. First and only appt...brought in positive labs. Dr. Brown looked through and said it appeared I had both diseases, but she would run a couple of newer tests in hopes that we could differentiate. Six vials of blood were drawn in office. The nurse, Sonja contacted me 3 weeks later to inform me these labs were negative, I had nothing wrong with me, and instructed me to see my family dr to see if they "could figure it out."
Santa Rosa Beach, FL – May 16, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rachel Brown, MD?
Dr Brown has been my husbands rheumatologist for several years. After many years of him being misdiagnosed, she figured it out in his first appointment, and verified it with tests and imaging. I began having problems and she became my physician also. She is one of the most caring, brightest, funniest doctors we have ever had. No matter how rotten a problem is she gives you hope that it can be better. We are so grateful to have her. She is so busy because everyone loves her!
Tammy Franklin in Navarre, FL – Apr 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rachel Brown, MD?
Very very knowledgeable. Great staff. Highly recommend.
Vicki Hidinger in Gulf Breeze, FL – Mar 25, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rachel Brown, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Brown?
Provider explaining information to patient