Dr. Raad Jajo, MD

Dr. Raad Jajo, MD

Psychiatry  |
Dr. Raad Jajo, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Livonia, MI. He is 63 years old and has been practicing for 39 years.

34841 Veterans Plaza

Livonia, MI 48152

• HAP Insurance
  • Priority Health

Learn about Dr. Jajo

See how frequently Dr. Jajo performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
Psychiatric Evaluation
high

Dr. Jajo's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Psychiatry

• Psychiatry
    Accredited by: American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology*

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Combination Drug Dependence
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Emotional Disturbances of Childhood and Adolescence
  • Impulse Control Disorders
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Nondependent Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychogenic Disorders (incl. Psychogenic Pain)
  • Psychosis
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Schizophrenia
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Separation Anxiety

• Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

• University Of Baghdad
    Medical School | Graduated 1978

Dr. Jajo has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Jajo does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Jajo and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Jajo's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Jajo to family and friends
Dr. Jajo's Performance
Monroe |
Dr. Jajo was wonderful, he took the time to listen and understand my problems. It has been difficult to find a doctor who truly cares. Thank you.
Belleville, Mi |
I’ve had issues with alcohol and depression for the last few years and met a couple therapists to help me during this time, but I’ve never had anyone truly listen to me like Dr. Jajo! I left his office feeling that someone truly cared about my personal well being! I know I can conquer my challenges with Dr. Jajo on my side. I would recommend Dr. Jajo to anyone!
in Livonia, MI |
Best doctor around he gave me another chase at life. Thank you Dr. Jajo for helping me when everyone else gave up on me.
Inkster, MI |
I have been coming to Dr Jajo since 2007 after being in a car accident. In order to go back to work, I was required to see a therapist. At first, I didn't want to go. However, after my first session I realized that I should have been coming all along. Ten years later, I'm still coming to see him. He has persistently been trying to find the right meds for me and I am so happy that I did not give up! I have felt better these past 2 months then i have felt in 10 yrs! I am very appreciative??
in Southfield |
Dr. Jajo is truly a magician he immediately figured out a medication that would work for me and it did. Upon seeing Dr. Jajo i knew I had some cognitive disfunctions, but once he put me on Straterra for ADHD I was blown away. At last I got to experience the world like everyone else and most importantly I got to see my own behavior. Thank you Dr. Jajo Two thumbs down for 2 out of the three receptionist at the front desk. They make it difficult to schedule appointment.
Dearborn, MI |
Dr JaJo is an excellent doctor. He is very experienced. He listens, he is kind, caring compassionate and honest. He takes time with you and explains the medicine. He cares about his patients. His staff is very friendly and helpful. Highly recommend him.
Westland, MI |
Dr. Jajo is very kind and will help. I went through an unpreventable, unforseeable life changing family tragedy and went to see him for help. His genuine compassion to help and his desire to listen helped me recover. Highly recommend Dr.Jajo. You will feel better. :)
in Livonia, MI |
Dr. Jajo has been my doctor for 2 1/2 years, in that time, I've had a complete turnaround. I feel like I have my life back. Thanks for all your help and support Dr. Jajo!
I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Jajo! He is very understanding, thorough, and wise. He gave me hope when I felt like I was at rock bottom. I am so much happier & healthier... and I have Dr. Jajo to thank for that!!
in Canton, MI |
Dr. Jajo has saved me. I was in a very dark place with my depression when I started seeing him. He took time, made eye contact, actively listened and then based on my history was able do diagnose and start my treatment. He is charismatic, compassionate, professional, very knowledgeable and genuine. He also tells you as is. He does not walk around egg shells. He is very direct, and he says "pills don't make skills". Dr. Jajo comes highly recommended by someone with severe depression and bipolar.
in Detroit, MI |
Dr. Raad Jajo is a very kind man and a very competent, knowledgeable helpful and insightful psychiatrist. Dr. Jajo is honest and expects honesty from his patients. He has helped me for years with my mental issues and I wouldn't change Drs for any reason.
I have no idea how this Doctor got great reviews. There is every possible barrier to seeing him. The staff won't let you see him until you see a therapist first and then it could be months before you see the doctor. They won't let you schedule the therapist and also an appointment for the doctor so you can save the spot. The most arcane way of doing this. Wow, glad I don't have a serious illness. This place is useless.
in Detroit MI |
Dr. Jajo is such an excellent doctor. I've been to many doctors. But Jajo has surpassed them all. He is the most caring, straight forward, compassionate, dedicated doctor. I've stumbled upon being his patient and he welcomed me. Ive haven't felt this good in awhile and that's because of his expertise in his field. I will continue to be his patient. Much love.
Dr. Jajo is very kind doctor. He don't make you feel like you are being judged and goes straight to the point. After seeing him for just the first month, he diagnosed my issue and gave me proper medication that has changed my quality of life for the better. Dr. Jajo helped me in one meeting more then all the doctors I have seen in the past. Highly recommend Dr. Jajo for anyone that is seeking help when no other doctor was able to help.
in Detroit, MI |
I was very pleased with his services. He didn't seem as if this was just a regular job; he seemed as if he really cared about my well-being. I recommend him 100%!
in Ferndale, MI |
After reading all the great reviews, I was very disappointed with my care. I wouldn't of minded the hour wait time if I was happy but that was not the case. I don't want to spend 4 hrs at this place on my day off. Not to mention my medications almost put me in the hospital. Not sure if that was his fault or the pharmacy, but it was very scary. After trying multiple appointments, wasting my time and getting no where, I had no trust here so I canceled. Sorry but truly awful experience all around.
Southgate, MI |
I have been seeing Dr. Jajo for over two years now. He is a good psychiatrist. The only issue that I have is waiting up to two hours to be seen. It wasn't like that in the beginning, but over the last 6 months it has been an issue. Who has that luxury time to spend half the day at a doctors office only to be seen for a 15 minute appointment? I'm not sure if it's the staff's fault for over booking or his. For that reason I am looking for a new doctor.
in Commerce, MI |
I was diagnosed with Bi polar depression about 15 years ago. I have seen several psychiatrists and tried many different medications to battle depression. My last psychiatrist was very impersonal, I felt rushed and as if she really didn't care. I went on line to find a new psychiatrist and after reading many 5 star reviews on Dr. Raad Jajo I decided to make an appointment. I have been seeing Dr. Jajo for a year now and he is by far the best psychiatrist I have been to. He really cares and listens
Royal oak Michigan |
He helped me with school by showing me how to balance my focusing issue and building a routine to ensure success
in Redford, MI |
Dr.Jajo is an excellent psychiatrist, and I would highly recommend him to anyone who is need of a caring, supportive, intelligent, comfortable, and kind "family-style" environment that is compassionate in helping all people cope through whatever you may be struggling with. Personally, I trust that Dr.Jajo truly cares about the importance of helping you heal, cope, and establishing a happy quality of life again! I feel he is an advocate for his patients and is amazing person!!
in Farmington, MI |
Dr. Jajo is consistently double and triple booked. Wait times are always around an hour.
in Royal Oak, MI |
I started seeing Dr. Jajo about six months ago & he is by far the best psychiatrist I have ever had. He takes the time to actually talk to you and listen to your needs. He is very knowledgeable about the different medications and different routes to try when one method isn't working. He is a very genuine, kind, & caring man. He also monitors physical symptoms, which I have never experienced from a psychiatrist before (which has helped me!). I would recommend him to anyone who needs help.
in Dearborn |
Dr. Jajo has been my physician for almost a year now. He's an excellent psychiatrist who I would highly recommend to family, friends and colleagues alike. Dr. Jajo tries to take as much time as you need when you meet with him. He is warm, approachable, thorough and very knowledgeable.. With him you have a great dialogue and all your questions will be addressed! He & his staff will return your calls promptly. Excellent service all around.
in Taylor, MI |
Started going to Dr. Jajo because I needed to be sure I wasn't really going Crazy! I new my symptoms existed, but all tests were coming back fine. Finally Dr Jajo suggested a new Doctor and MRI. I'm starting to feel better than I have in past 4 years! Thank you for Listening!
in Allen Park Mi |
Dr. Raad Jajo is the epitome of an excellent psychiatric doctor! He really takes the time to listen to and understand your problems and needs. I don't know what I would do without this wonderful man as my doctor?? He is very caring, compassionate, understanding, and humorous doctor! I always look forward to seeing him! Without a doubt I would definitely recommend him to anyone I know! Thank you from the bottom of my heart and soul Dr. Raad Jajo! Raniah Elmoussali
in Westland mich. |
Very nice and caring and understanding great doctor i would definitely recommend him he also has a good sense of humor
in Livonia, MI |
He was very helpful in recommendation of medication I needed to help with my problem. I am doing so much better now in only of month. He listens and is very kind.
Atlanta, GA |
He takes the time to listen and he helped me very much.
in Warren, MI |
I was amazed on my first visit with Dr. Jajo. I have seen many psychiatrists in the past. Dr. Jajo communicated with me using eye contact, excellent listening skills, did not judge me, and extremely knowledgeable in his profession. He has tweaked my medications and explained the role these medications play with my depression, anxiety, PTSD and ADD. Not just with the medications; Dr. Jajo has given me tools/skills to work on. I am doing so much better on my medications. Thanks to Dr. Jajo.
in Dearborn, MI |
Dr. Jajo is my psychiatrist for 2 years and I feel relieve after each visit. Good listener, warm hearted person. I highly recommend him to anyone looking for good psychiatrist
in Oak Park, MI |
I would highly recommend Dr. Jajo and the Eastwood Clinic.
in Detroit, MI |
Are you kidding me? Have all you people been paid for positive responses? Dr. Jajo is awful. I call him a breathing prescription pad. He doesn't care and doesn't want to listen to anything I have to say. I am looking for a different doctor.
i love dr. Jajo, he is so far the best psychiatrist. He is able to discover what is the problem and how to treat it in a minimal time. I have excessive anxiety and depression and obsession since my childhood but i with dr. Jajo help i changed and improved a lot in less than two months. I also use to be very moody and get angry easily but now i feel relaxed and very confy.
in Dearborn, MI |
Dr. Jajo has been treating my daughter for PTSD. After just a few months of treatment her condition has vastly improved. Dr. Jajo listened to my concerns and was able to connect with my daughter. She is happy and improving and I could not thank Dr. Jajo more for his intervention and treatment. His understanding and treatment of PTSD could not have been more on point. 5 stars for sure.
in Michigan |
I absolutely love Dr. Jajo I have been seeing him for over 3 years he is the best. I will never see any other person but him, he listens to anything you need to say, he makes sure the medication your on works best for you and he is a very kind hearted person. He has seen me at my best and worst times and I will continue to put my trust in him like I always have been! I give him 5 stars! - Melissa.
in Dearborn Heights, MI |
Dr. Jajo made me feel very comfortable. He has been very helpful and I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a great doctor.
in Royal Oak, MI |
I have met many psychiatrist and Dr. Jajo was by far the best one I have ever met and would highly recommend. He was very intelligent in diagnosing and treating me, (my grandfather was a psycho psychologist). He was very attentive, caring, understanding and It was the best experience I have ever had with a psychiatrist and I have met many of them. I am very pleased with this doctor.
in Dearborn Heights, MI |
I highly recommend Dr. Jajo for various reasons. Not only is he highly attentive to your personal thoughts/views, but he puts in a significant amount of effort to ensure you meet your desired goal(s). Dr. Jajo has helped me overcome the hardships I used to face involving severe social anxiety. He's extremely empathetic and understanding, I felt comfortable sharing my progress throughout the course of several months, improving my mental health -- I'm genuinely thankful for his help!
in Macomb, MI |
Dr.Jajo addressed every issue and explained everything very well. The medication he prescribed worked fantastic for my issues. GREAT DOCTOR !
in Detroit, MI |
Dr. Jajo took the time to really listen to me and my concerns and that was very important to me. He got me on a treatment plan that is working well for me.
in Flat Rock, MI |
my name is Andy , Dr. Jajo is a very professional doctor ive been under his care for almost 5 years its time I tell others how much he had helped me I look up to him ALOT he has helped and stuck by me and my wife for very hard times, I cant thank him enough.... he will listen to your problems and trials and tribulations and lead you in the right direction if you need a good psychiatry doctor he will be there for you thru your issues and hes is 100% open ears, give him a try .THANK YOU JAJO
in Oak Park, MI |
Dr. Ja jo is one of my best doctors. He was helpp me come from my lowest state of emotional pity to the highest degree of excellency. He listens to all of my complaints, and phobias,and helps me to master them when they were mastering me. He doesn't rushes me out of his office, but let me get out what ever is ailing me which makes me feel good inside, after shedding a pool of tears. To me he's great, and brought me a long way to recovery.
in Dearborn, MI |
Dr. Jajo is an excellent doctor and I highly recommend him.
in Westland |
I see Dr Jajo & so does my cousin & we both made the move to his new office to stick with him! He's a good Dr who cares & I definately recommend him if your somebody looking to find a good Dr in this field!
in Redford, MI |
Great doctor! Very friendly and caring.
in Troy, MI |
Dr. Jajo is extremely attentive and professional. He takes into considerations my feelings as a patient and is never dismissive. I highly recommend him.
in Canton, MI |
I would recommend Dr. JaJo to anyone who wants a doctor who really wants to help you solve your problems I had seen a doctor before him my BP was very high along with other problems and the doctor was more interested in payment then my health ( no insurance paying out of pocket ) the first day I met Dr. Jajo I explained my problems he took my BP along with stander questions and prescribe what I needed that day and overall he helped me and I still thank him each visit.
in Taylor, MI |
I had worked with four psychiatrists before seeing Dr. Raad Jajo, so I arrived for my first appointment with certain assumptions pertaining to the approach Dr. Jajo was likely to take. I admire that Dr. Jajo looked beyond what I perceived to be my immediate need and assessed my entire person and history when adopting a treatment strategy. I also appreciate the way the doctor provided insight and explanations for his choices. By my second visit, I had already achieved significant improvement.
Very knowledgeable as well as professional. You actually can feel that he cares.
in Troy, MI |
Dr Jajo brings a tremendous amount of professionalism and expertise into his work. Providing a compassionate and listening ear, he was able to effectively analyze my symptoms and address them accordingly by carefully prescribing the medications necessary. While I of course cannot speak on other patients' experiences, I have seen comfort and optimism in every individual exiting his office prior to my entry. Having now found the best treatment, I can truly say that he has changed my life.
Have you seen Dr. Raad Jajo, MD?
Are you Dr. Jajo?