Dr. R Sangal, MD

Dr. R Sangal, MD

Sleep Medicine  ·
Dr. R Sangal, MD is a sleep medicine specialist in Sterling Heights, MI and has been practicing for 36 years. He graduated from All India Institute Of Medical Sciences (Aiims) in 1977 and specializes in sleep medicine and clinical neurophysiology.

44344 Dequindre Rd Ste 360

Sterling Heights, MI 48314

• Cofinity
  • HAP Insurance
  • Medicare
  • Priority Health

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Michigan

Check if Dr. Sangal treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Sangal's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • ADHD Testing
  • Adult Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Attention Problems
  • Idiopathic Hypersomnia
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Insomnia
  • Mild Cognitive Impairment
  • Multiple Sleep Latency Test (MSLT)
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Narcolepsy and Cataplexy
  • Parasomnias
  • Pediatric Attention Deficit (ADD)
  • Pediatric Sleep Disorders
  • REM Sleep Behavior Disorder
  • Restless Leg Syndrome
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Sleep Study
  • Sleep-Walking
  • Spina Bifida
  • Visual Evoked Potential (VEP)

I believe in taking the best possible care of patients with sleep disorders and attention disorders, using the best innovative techniques available. I believe quality health care can be rendered at a reasonable cost. I run an AASM accredited sleep di...

• Sleep Medicine

Johns Hopkins University Hospital
1979
SUNY Upstate Med Ctr Hosp
1977
All India Institute Of Medical Sciences (Aiims)
1972

4.1

Dr. Sangal?
Dr. Sangal's Performance
What People Say About Dr. R Sangal, MD
I have been seeing Dr. Sangal for the past 5 years and my sleep apnea has improved greatly during this time. Excellent doctor and staff! I highly recommend!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. R Sangal, MD?
Would give zero stars if possible. They only care about making money. It is very evident in their practices and treatment, as well as their attitudes.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. R Sangal, MD?
Dr. Sangal is very thorough. I have been a patient of his for 6-7 years. I would recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. R Sangal, MD?
Had a 8:45 appointment and was out by 9:13. Swift service and appropriate follow up care
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. R Sangal, MD?
From the time you enter the office door till the time you leave Dr. Sangal and his people teat you as if you were the only patient they had. I have never had a bad experience during all the years I have been going to Dr. Sangal or his office. Joseph O'Bryan
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. R Sangal, MD?
Dr. Sangal and his team are timely, efficient and work well with the patient. Dr. Sangal is friendly, personable and confident. The staff was very helpful and responsive to a timing issue that arose the day before our scheduled appointment.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. R Sangal, MD?
Arrogant doctor. Unfriendly staff. Horrible sleep lab employees. I'm looking for another doctor because I would not take my dog to this guy. My PCP said he has received numerous complaints about this doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. R Sangal, MD?
Dr. Sandal and his staff are very efficient. I enjoy my annual sleep apnea check up.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. R Sangal, MD?
Practice is more concerned about collecting deductibles then patient care.Sangal is a money hungry doctor.first they over charge me then months later I get a refund.then he puts me on a sleep medicine and has me come back 3 times while he increased the dose.then on the fourth visit I drive there for an 825 am appointment the girl at the front desk tells me My office visit is 100 dollars plus I owe another 86 dollars from for the last visit and this has to be paid before seeing Sangal.i FIRED him
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. R Sangal, MD?
Doctor is friendly and asks questions as well as give you the opportunity to ask question.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. R Sangal, MD?
Dr. Sangal is an excellent doctor who orders the right testing to ensure he can best help his patients. His thoroughness, experience, and honest assessments put me on the road to greater health. Thanks to his desire to do the best job possible, he ordered a test that identified an important issue I was not even aware of. Dr. Sangal's wife is also a doctor, who is an excellent doctor in her own right and provides a safe environment for testing. Both doctors are caring & impressive.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. R Sangal, MD?
I have a blood disorder and my oncologist thought sleep apnea was major contributor. After only 3 weeks with CPAP, My numbers have improved greatly! friendly doctors and staff.
He gets it.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. R Sangal, MD?
I started seeing Dr. Sangal about two years ago for chronic sleep issues. Dr. Sangal takes a very scientific approach to diagnose the cause of my sleep issues, ruling out dangerous issues such as sleep apnea. He recommended lifestyle changes which helped a little, but in the end, we found a low dose medication that has me sleeping restfully every night, without side effects. Now I only need to follow up with Dr. Sangal every six months, but I know he is always there if I need him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. R Sangal, MD?
I received service for an overnight evaluation during the week of December 16. The establishment was dirty. When I arrived to my assigned room, there was a hair on my bed sheets. The toilet in the East bathroom was not clean and had urine on the front of the toilet bowl. The doctor does not value the time of his patients or respects them. Other doctors would communicate through a patient portal to send messages or schedule appointments, this doctor makes you come to his office and charges.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. R Sangal, MD?
Very knowledgeable Dr in the area of sleep problems. Wish we would have went to him first!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. R Sangal, MD?
Professional, personable, compassionate, good educator.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. R Sangal, MD?
Seems that he’s only in it for the money! Office is quick to collect copays but does not deliver any results. Had a home study done for sleep apnea and after waiting an hour to see Dr. Singal, he informs me that the test was inconclusive! He spent less than a minute with me and then sends his girl in to schedule another lab sleep study. The diagnosis should have been provided via a phone call.........but wait........then he could not charge for an office visit. Won’t be going back!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. R Sangal, MD?
Dr Sangal has experience and vision. He listens and remembers so there is an accurate timeline and he really cares for his patients. He is invested in each one of us and we work through the diagnosis and treatment as a team
Great doc.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Sangal?

Insurance accepted

Special Needs Plan SNP
Priority Health
Tricare
TriCare for Life

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Sangal treats patients.