Dr. R Sangal, MD

Dr. R Sangal, MD

Sleep Medicine | Male

Sleep & Attention Disorders Institute 44344 Dequindre Rd Ste 360 Sterling Heights, MI 48314 Get Directions

I believe in taking the best possible care of patients with sleep disorders and attention disorders, using the best innovative techniques available. I believe quality health care can be rendered at a reasonable cost. I run an AASM accredited sleep disorders center, and have published several papers in Sleep Medicine, and on the use of specialized EEG methods to confirm the diagnosis of attention deficit and determine what medicine will work best for a give patient.

Dr. R Sangal, MD is a sleep medicine doctor who practices in Sterling Heights, MI. He is 62 years old and has been practicing for 40 years. Dr. Sangal is affiliated with Beaumont Hospital - Royal Oak Campus and Beaumont Hospital - Troy Campus.

Dr. Sangal's Experience

See how Dr. Sangal's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Sangal

Dr. Sangal accepts 11 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Sangal has admitting privileges.

Dr. Sangal's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sangal to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Sangal's Performance
Eastpointe, MI |
On my first appointment, he said he couldn't help me with my insomnia. Apparently, I had too much insomnia for him. No explanation was given. Waste of time, waste of money ( I still had to pay him), and I could have been seeing another doctor. Now it's back to searching for a good sleep specialist again and hopefully I won't die from going without sleep.
Rochester, MI |
Very professional and friendly staff. Efficient detailed and caring. Highly recommend.
in Macomb, MI |
The Nurse took my BP and started putting my comments from the form I filled out into the computer and answered easy questions I had and told me to ask the hard questions to the doctor. When Dr Sangal came into the room he listen to my breathing by putting his scope just on my left shoulder and said take a heavy breath and I did and he said good. He sat at the computer and started flipping thru the pages saying nothing, he said I needed a sleep study and said a nurse would come in to set it up
in Sterling Heights, MI |
Dr. Sangal and his staff are courteous, professional, and patient centered.
I had my first appointment re: sleeping issues today. Upon him entering, I was greeted with a fist bump, really? Second, he spent 10-15 minutes tops asking the same questions the MA asked and testing reflexes. He wanted me to do a sleep log and explained what to do, then told me "not to take offense, but I needed to lose some weight". Now, I am 5'9" used to range in weight from 145-150lbs (athletic) my lowest weight 128.When I was skinny I had the same issues and FHx of insomnia! NEVER go back.
Utica, MI |
This was my first visit with this doctor. I was very impressed. Dr Sangal is very caring and patient.
Livonia, MI |
Appointment takes an hour and a half. 10 minute of that is the doctor actually evaluating you TOPS. Then he just wants to do testing at his office so he can make the biggest profit. Doesn't care about helping the patient. Won't refer out for sleep testing. TOTAL WASTE OF TIME. Wouldn't even help me with the attention problems unless I did a sleep study. My primary doctor would have been just as good or better.
Warren, MI |
I've been seeing Dr. Sangal concerning sleep issues for 4 yrs and I've found he and his staff very helpful and professional. I highly recommend him. John F. Murphy
Howell, MI |
My experience with Dr. Sangal was poor at best. His appeared uninterested in me and my issues as he followed the same new patients script like he had done thousands of times in his career. I was just another source of income. After Cigna rejected his request for a 2nd sleep study I questioned why it was necessary and was told "that is how I run my business" and I could leave if I didn't like it. So I left!
in Rochester, MI |
Dr Sangal has helped me improve my sleep quality significantly. I would highly recommend him and his office
Warren, MI |
If you are having trouble sleeping Dr. Sangal and his great staff are the professionals that you want to see.
in Rochester, MI |
Worst experience ever. After several trips to have my medical records transferred from old doctor, I was told they didn't have any idea where the forms I filled out where and I'd have to fill them out again. I was told I had to take sleep monitor and must return it at time that is in the middle of my sleep cycle. Scheduling was inflexible, staff was incompetent, and arrogant Dr Sangal had the unmitigated gall to drop me as patient when questioned why my normal sleep hours can't be monitored
in Okemos, MI |
Dr. Sangal is very attentive with our sons symptoms with ADHD. He explores all avenues and is willing to try new things. I appreciate a physician that doesn't box my son in to drugs that he uses on everyone because he feels comfortable with them.
in Clinton Township, Mi |
It was my orientation appointment. Dr. Sangal discussed what he planned to do after he receives my previous sleep study results. We talked about family and heredity issues. It was a good first visit.
Roseville, MI |
Very professional and very thorough
in Detroit, MI |
Today was our first visit... so far so good once we were seen. The only thing that was a concern was the wait time... for a place that specializes in attention disorders, waiting an hour is a little bit ridiculous.
in Clinton Township, Mi |
I've been a patient of Sr. Sangal for over ten years. He is very knowledgeable, helpful and courteous and has helped me greatly. He always allow me the opportunity to ask questions and discuss issues.
in Livonia, MI |
Through his help I can sleep at night
in Troy, MI |
I've been seeing the doctor for several years now. I was always napping, and being a college student, it was nearly impossible for me to stay awak and study. I was diagnosed with narcolepsy, and managed to survive college, thanks to Dr. Sangal. His staff is amazing too!
Harrison Twp., MI |
I only had a problem when it came to payment. For some reason, the receptionist ignored the fact that I had 2 types of insurance when she looked up my information. She then stated to me that the insurance only covered so much and I was left with a bill of 'X' amount. I paid it, but later after talking to my insurance rep I found out she had never contacted them. My insurance rep called and resolved the situation. I will get my money back. I wasn't to be billed in the first place.
in Rochester, MI |
I have been seeing Dr Sangal for 15 years. He and is staff are attentive, very professional, and I never have to wait beyond my appointment time.
in Grosse pointe, MI |
I have received excellent care. Dr. Sangal is professional and always takes time to answer my questions. The staff is kind and courteous. Very little if any waiting for my appointments.
in Sterling Heights, MI |
The staff is very unprofessional. Even though you have a right to question excessive procedures - it is not advisable if you want to stay a patient. I believe that the insurance company was asked to pay for testing that was unnecessary and when asked about tithe staff were very rude about it.
Rochester Hills, MI |
Dr. Sangal has a very thorough and comprehensive approach. All office staff and Sleep Study staff are courteous and professional.
in Troy, MI |
Dr. Sangal is very knowledgeable and professional. His staff is very friendly and you are seen on time for your appointment. The sleep study was also a very good experience - the atmosphere was very relaxing and the staff for the sleep study was also very friendly and courteous.
in Clawson, MI |
Dr. Sangal is absolutely fantastic! His office staff is friendly and extremely helpful when I need it. I would highly recommend his services to anyone looking for help with sleep and attention disorders. I have been a patient for over a year now and within the first two months, I was able to see a vast improvement in my life. He has a great online/smartphone App called Follow My Health that alerts me of new notifications and appointments. Highly recommend him!
in Macomb, MI |
For many years I have been dealing with issues relating to memory. It is only recently that I decided to actually see a doctor. Dr. Sangal worked with me to determine what the best course of action was to treat my ailment. I can proudly say that today my memory and health has greatly improved and I owe it all to him! THANK YOU!
in Auburn Hills, MI |
Impressed! I participated in two home studies and a clinical sleep study in this office. The staff in the overnight sleep study were wonderful, excellent personalities, made me feel so comfortable in hotel room setting. I really appreciated Dr. Sangal's forwardness to helping me with my sleep concerns and lifestyle changes that will help me reach my health goals. While it turned out that I did not have sleep apnea, he still took the time to explain how I can keep my snoring away for better rest.
in Sterling Heights Mi |
My sleep life has improved tenfold over the last year under the treatment of Dr Sangal. The doctor and his staff are friendly and efficient.
in Rochester, MI |
I have had years of sleep attention issues and with moving often I was always having to find new doctors to help treat my sleep/attention problems and most often was told that I should just learn to live with it. No one would take me seriously and I was beginning to think I was a bit crazy. Meeting Dr Sangal was a new beginning for me and refreshing that finally I was being listened to and taken seriously. His approach to finding the answer makes me feel confident that now I can have an improved
in Macomb, MI |
Dr. Sangal and his staff have bee able to diagnose and treat my sleep apnea. I can now get a good night's sleep.
in Warren, MI |
Dr. Sangal and his professional staff are accessible and courteous, communicate and explain all diagnostic tests and insurance coverage and costs. There are no surprises! Easy to contact and prompt to respond.
Waterford, MI |
I would like to thank the staff on duty on Friday night September 16th, my husband was not looking forward to his "overnight" experience but the staff was very kind and understanding. He was even able to sleep. Thanks again.
in Detroit, MI |
Doctor and staff are outstanding!
in Chesterfield, MI |
I would highly recommend Dr. Sangal! He is kind and compassionate. He takes the time to listen and answer all of your questions. He is extremely knowledgeable and I am very pleased with the care that we receive when we are in his office.
in Sterling Heights, MI |
I would NOT suggest taking a child to this man. He is rude, arrogant, borderline hostile, disparaging, and unfriendly. He did not listen to us, at all. It was a huge waste of time. In comparison to all of the specialists, hospitals, clinics, and sleep studies I have taken my son to, this was by far the worst experience with a physician we have had in over 7 years. The office is not inviting, or friendly, so don't expect to feel warm and fuzzy during any part of your appointment.
in Bloomfield Hills, MI |
This was the worst clinical experience I have had. As a medical student I expected evidence based medicine to take place. From the clerk, nurse, and physician, I felt as though I was diagnosed with a revisit for a copay; I was charged $40 for a thorough exam that lasted all of 2 minutes. All the while I was told to come back for sleep apnea, a completely different reason for why I was there. I will never return to this office or this doctor.
Have you seen Dr. R Sangal, MD?
Are you Dr. Sangal?

Compare Dr. Sangal

}

Dr. Sangal's Care Philosophy

Dr. Sangal's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Sleep Medicine
  •  Board certified in Clinical Neurophysiology, Psychiatry and Sleep Medicine
  •  Malpractice claims in Michigan not available

Dr. Sangal has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

Why It Matters: Dr. Sangal's Board Certifications

• Clinical Neurophysiology
  • Psychiatry
  • Sleep Medicine

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adult Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Attention Problems
  • Breathing-Related Sleep Disorders
  • Excessive Daytime Sleepiness
  • Idiopathic Hypersomnia
  • Insomnia
  • Mild Cognitive Impairment
  • Narcolepsy and Cataplexy
  • Parasomnias
  • Pediatric Attention Deficit (ADD)
  • Pediatric Sleep Disorders
  • REM Sleep Behavior Disorder
  • Restless Leg Syndrome
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Sleep-Walking

All India Institute Of Medical Sciences (Aiims)

Graduated in 1977

Nih-Johns Hopkins U

Completed in 1983

Delhi University

Graduated in 1972

Dr. Sangal does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sangal and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Sleep Medicine
  • Clinical Neurophysiology

• ADHD Testing
  • Brainstem Auditory Evoked Response Test
  • EEG (Electroencephalogram)
  • Evaluation and Treatment of Sleep Disorders
  • Multiple Sleep Latency Test (MSLT)
  • Sleep Study
  • Visual Evoked Potential (VEP)