Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. R Oliver, MD
Dr. R Oliver, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Duxbury, MA. He is 67 years old and has been practicing for 41 years. Dr. Oliver is affiliated with Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital - Plymouth.

95 Tremont St Ste 1

Duxbury, MA 02332

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
  • Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
  • Tufts Health Plan

Learn about Dr. Oliver

Dr. Oliver's Experience

Dr. Oliver's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Coccygeal Pain
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Gout
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain

• Shoulder Fracture Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Total Knee Arthroplasty With Robotic Assistance
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for Massachusetts.

• Univ Of Mi Med Sch
    Medical School | Graduated 1976
  • Univ N Carolina
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1978
  • Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1982

Dr. Oliver has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Oliver does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Oliver and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Oliver's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Oliver to family and friends
Dr. Oliver's Performance
in Brewster, MA |
Dr. Oliver is simply the best. On October 23, 2015, I had partial knee replacements in both knees. This summer I did a 16 mile day hike to the bottom of the Grand Canyon and back up. My knees were great.. I had no pain going up or down. Thank you Dr. Oliver. Knee replacement surgery can be scary, but with Dr. Oliver's professionalism, his caring manner, and his use of the most up to date methods, I felt confident and the results speak for themselves.
in Hull, MA |
Dr. Oliver replaced my hip eight days ago and I couldn't be more pleased. I was in the hospital two nights and came directly home, no rehab. I only wish I had gone to him sooner.
in Plymouth, MA |
Very caring, easy to understand. Made my bad situation MUCH, MUCH Better with my knee replacement.
in Harwich, MA |
I had been experiencing increasing knee pain and my daughter informed me it was time for help. She had worked with Dr. Oliver and in the hospital he uses and strongly recommended I get an appointment. The office and staff are great! They are efficient and caring. I loved that there were two offices to choose from.....distance does matter. It also helped that the husband of a friend and former coworker had the same surgery and they were totally pleased with the experience.
in Plymouth, MA |
Dr. Oliver and staff (receptionists, xray techs, nurses, NPs) are very friendly, attentive to patient needs and thorough. They listen to patient concerns and address professionally. I had a R THR in March and a L THR in May, performed by Dr. Oliver. Leg lengths came out equal and the pain I was experienced before surgery was gone immediately. Hospital length of stay was 1 night for both surgeries with d/c home. I am grateful for Dr Oliver & staff as I am now pain free. Highly recommended!
in Wareham, MA |
Went see Dr Oliver about year after I started having a lot of pain in my hip. It was clear replacement was what I needed. Dr Oliver made me feel very comfortable when he explained the procedure. This Dr knows his stuff. I had my surgery and the only pain I had was at the incision sight. I am currently 3 weeks out and pretty much pain free unless I do too much. The entire staff at Plymouth Bay Orthopedic are very professional and friendly.
in Pembroke, MA |
Dr. Oliver performed a total right hip replacement for me in February 2015...Great Job! On May 8, 2017 he performed a total hip replacement on my left side. It's now June 1st and I've been walking without a walker or a cane for two weeks. No need for pain medication...another great job! I must say, I have followed all precautions and other than a little stiffness when I sit too long, I feel great. Thank you Dr. Oliver.
in Plymouth, MA |
Excellent. Did a great job with knee replacement surgery. I am experiencing a fast recovery. He answered all of my questions with professionalism.
Plymouth, MA |
I recently had a total hip replacement by Dr. Oliver at BIDH Plymouth. This was my second hip replacement in 4 months. As with my 1st surgery, from start to finish, my recent surgical experience was terrific. Every member of the joint replacement team did a great job. Dr. Scott was excellent. He explained everything thoroughly and answered all my questions. He has excellent surgical skills and bedside manner. I would highly recommend him. I will have him do my osteoarthritic knees in a few years
buzzards bay, ma |
Dr. Oliver replaced both my knees. Glad it is over, wouldn't want to do it again, but so glad I chose Dr. Oliver.
in Plymouth, MA |
Dr.Oliver made me feel very confident in his skills to do his job. He listens to your concerns and makes you feel comfortable with the decision to have the operation. I had total knee replacement on Feb.1,2017. Within 1 month I had permission to drive and can not believe how well I felt right from the start, had very little pain,one week with walker,2 weeks with cane ! Every one of the staff was helpful and considerate. I have done so well because of Dr.Oliver's expertise .
in Plymouth, MA |
Dr Oliver made my total knee replacement as painless and effective as possible from preop instruction, explanation of the procedure, and postop expectations. I felt well informed and extremely well treated from start to finish. Dr Oliver made me feel very comfortable about the total process with his professional and comforting manner.
in Plymouth, MA |
I had my 1st knee Replaced on May 18, 2016 and 2nd knee replacement on January 18, 2017. The process was fully explained, x-rays along with a class at the Hospital on what to expect and how to deal with recovery and ongoing therapy. I was expecting 5 times the pain I had, which was minimal. I do believe the therapy after is the key to the whole process. As for the office staff and medical staff at your office was 1st class. The Hospital staff was excellent as well extremely Happy
in Plymouth, MA |
I had a Knee replacement done by Dr. Oliver on February 8, 2017. Today, I visited with him and we both agree the knee looks outstanding and has progressed as schedule. I am especially happy with the surgery and highly recommend him for anyone that needs knee or hip replacement/surgery. He did an outstanding job for me and his staff have been very pleasant/professional through the process.
Plymouth, MA |
Dr Oliver performed my total hip replacement about 4 years ago so the fact that I just had the second one completed says it all. I had total trust in this organization for the second one, which was competed one month ago. I am truly grateful and blessed.
in Bourne, MA |
My hip replacement surgery was amazing - from pre-op to post-op. Dr. Oliver and his staff as well as Beth Israel Deaconess - Plymouth are a a great team. No questions were left unanswered. The level of care from Dr. Oliver and the hospital staff are second to none. I would highly recommend anyone look to Dr. Oliver and his practice for Ortho care.
in Marshfield, MA |
Doctor Oliver was very direct in telling me everything that would happen to me prior to and during and after my operation.
in Marshfield, MA |
Dr. Oliver has a very well run operational procedure between his office and Beth Israel Hospital-Plymouth. All of the coordinating appointments were made through his office staff, the hospital experience was extremely positive, and all the staff I encountered were caring, helpful and encouraging. His booklet and information packet educated me as to what to expect, and Dr. Oliver made me feel relaxed and in good hands during my hip replacement operations.
in West Yarmouth, MA |
I was very pleased with Dr Oliver, his staff and everyone involved with my surgery after my total knee replacement. I am a retired RN and felt the team was looking out for my best outcome. Going to the joint replacement class was beneficial in my pre and post op care. After viewing Dr Oliver's youtube video and hearing others, I thought "this is the doctor I want doing my surgery'"Every precaution was taken to prevent infection,verifying the site,strict attention to details. Superb credentials!!
in Marshfield, MA |
Being able to compare this knee replacement surgery with a past one, I can confidently attest that Dr. Oliver's procedure was much easier on me physically and emotionally. I am healing much faster, have had much less downtime and much less pain and discomfort. His team is amazing, as is he. The team provided the support that I needed promptly and with respect, as if I was their only patient.
in Middleboro Ma |
TOTALLY SATISFIED
in Harwich, MA |
I was diagnosed with advanced severe arthritis in both hips. I met with 2 doctors about hip replacement and felt completely comfortable with Dr. Oliver. My right hip was replaced in August of 2016, and my left in January 2017. I was walking the first day of both operations, and have had a fabulous recovery both times. Dr. Oliver and his staff along with BID-Plymouth nurses, therapists and staff were all great. I knew exactly what to expect before the operations, and what I had to do myself.
in Middleboro MA |
From top to bottom I give straight A+ and I am a sceptic !!
in Halifax Ma |
I found Dr. Oliver to be very caring, very knowledgeable, and answered all my questions related to my hip surgery.
in Brewster, MA |
After much frustration with Cape Cod Orthopedics (no follow through on MD requests by staff & office mismanagement) I had the good fortune to hear of Dr. Scott Oliver. What a difference. The office is well managed, and the staff are knowledgable. Dr Oliver treats his patients with respect and explains injuries and treatment. I saw him for two total knee replacements and had excellent results. I was very mobile within one week, walking without a walker or cane. Excellent protocol.
in Plymouth, MA |
My total right knee replacement was done Monday November 14, 2016. I was walking (slowly but un-assisted) on the street in front of my house that Thursday. Four days. Lots of Physical Therapy to be done in the months ahead but this Doctor is making the BID Plymouth hospital the premier knee replacement hospital in this area. But it is much more than an operation. He has had nurses and physical therapists at my home every day since I left the hospital.
in Kingston, MA |
Dr. Oliver is a true professional. He takes pride in his work and is extremely caring to his patients. I have had two surgeries with him and I would highly recommend him as the best of the best for Orthopedics.
in Halifax, MA. |
Very skilled doctor with an excellent bedside manner. I felt very safe and secure with Dr. Oliver and the outcome was outstanding. I was walking well before I thought I could. I absolutely recommend Dr. Oliver to anyone with joint pain.
in Plymouth, MA |
He keeps up w. the latest, best techniques available for orthopedic surgery in Boston. Had him perform my second hip replacement. First was great; second was greater ! His staff members are outstanding! I'd send everyone to him !
in Marion, MA |
Professional,experienced orthopedic surgeon. Dr. Oliver helped write the book on hip & knee replacement surgery. Has an extremely low infection ratio. TOPS!
in Plymouth, MA |
Very professional. The pre-op protocol preparation he developed from meeting with hospital staff for a slide presentation and question and answer class, to the admission process which was sequentially constructed to keep waiting to a minimum, calmed my apprehension about the whole process, and helped me look forward to knee replacement surgery with confidence.
in Duxbury, MA |
Dr. Oliver was kind, considerate, knowledgeable and he solved my problems. I think he is absolutely wonderful!!!
in Kingston, Ma 02364 |
I highly recommend Dr. Oliver. In 2005 he performed a bilateral knee replacement on me and the results were fabulous. I hear stories from other people who have had replacement surgery and the results never seem to be as satisfactory as mine have been. Just recently I had my right hip replaced by Dr. Oliver and again the results are great. I can't imagine going to anyone else. Dr. Oliver is the best!!!
in Duxbury, MA |
excellent experience. Total Knee replacement. Well prepared for the experience and went exceptionally well.
Have you seen Dr. R Oliver, MD?
Are you Dr. Oliver?