Dr. R Kim Hartwig, MD

Dr. R Kim Hartwig, MD

Family Medicine  |
Insurances Accepted

Dr. R Kim Hartwig, MD is a family medicine doctor who practices in Spokane, WA. She is 44 years old and has been practicing for 14 years. Dr. Hartwig is affiliated with Deaconess Hospital, Providence Holy Family Hospital, Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center and Providence Sacred Heart Children's Hospital.

Hartwig Health

2204 E 29th Ave Ste 202

Spokane, WA 99203

• Bakery & Confectionary Union Plan
  • First Choice Health
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • ODS Health Plan
  • Premera Blue Cross
  • Providence Health Plans
  • Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. Hartwig

Thank you for considering Hartwig Health, PS, a family medicine practice, for your medical care. It is truly a privilege to be considered a partner in your health care. We believe that this partnership is one of the most important relationships in your life as your health is one of the greatest gifts that you have received. Our goal is to work with you to achieve the best health that you can achieve with compassionate and dignified care from conception to natural death.

As a board certified family physician, our philosophy of medicine is that your health care depends your understanding of the medical concerns and it is our job to help you understand what is going on in your body so that you can make the best choices to preserve or improve the health you have. Prevention is also extremely important in your health. Our emphasis on preventing disease is also a tenet of the care we strive to provide.

We also have a special interest in assisting with infertility and women's health issues.

Dr. Hartwig's Experience

Dr. Hartwig's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine

• Injuries
  • Menopause
  • Pediatric Diseases
  • Pneumonia
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)

• Abscess Incision and Drainage
  • Nail Avulsion
  • Neonatal Care
  • Skin Biopsy
  • Wart Treatment

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Washington.

• Loyola Marymount University
  • Family Med Of Spokane
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2006
  • Fertility Care Medical Consultant Of The Creighton Model Of Fertility Care
    Other Education | Completed 2012

Dr. Hartwig has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Hartwig does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hartwig and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Hartwig's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hartwig to family and friends
3.7
Dr. Hartwig's Performance
Spokane, WA |
Dr Kim Harwig is hands down the best MD in Spokane. She is always willing to have a collaborative approach of methods or other medical professionals when working with her patients. Spokane is lucky to have such a genuine, empathetic and progressive doctor.
in Spokane, WA |
Excellent care! I always feel like Dr. Hartwig listens to my concerns and provides me with all options available. I highly recommend her to anyone.
in Portland, OR |
Dr. Hartwig is the first doctor I've ever had who actually took the time to figure out what's going on with my body. She listened to me, and when she explained her findings to me, she did it in a way that we could understand. She's always been terrific, and I wish I lived closer to her office! It's always been easy to schedule an appointment, the staff and especially her MA are terrific!
in Spokane, WA |
This doctor is the most caring and patient person... Very happy with everything ...
in Spokane, WA |
I have found Dr. Hartwig to be an attentive, caring and professional provider. She goes the extra mile to make sure that all the bases are covered and that I'm understanding her explanations. Even though busy, she takes the time necessary to be complete. Her courteous and supportive staff further adds to the sense of assurance. I am entirely pleased to be a patient in her practice.
in Spokane,ID |
Dr Hartwig has been my mothers primary for a number of years. She is very thorough and she is very patient with her. The Dr was concerned about a issue and insisted on further testing and basically saved her life. I highly recommend her.
in Spokane WA |
Not considerate of your time. Consistently late for appointments with no real apology. Very irritating!!!
in Spokane Wa |
My experience with her and her staff was rather unconventional. Firstly there was an odd misty smell that was my first impression. I witnessed the front desk gal ask inappropriate questions, eating food and handling phone calls that should have been handled in private. Dr Hartwig was pretty much a signature on a referral and otherwise didn't help me at all. I experienced the same rude and condescending treatment from both the Dr and the staff. I would not recommend coming here.
in Addy |
She is my new PCM and fit me in when I was having a severe, painful episode and I was glad to see her rather than have to goto the ER. She was able to schedule an urgent scan that night and phone in meds to ease my pain and curb the infection - after hours. Very grateful to have found her.
in Spokane, wa |
Kim Hartwig was my pcp for 5 years. During that time I witnessed behavior from her that is unacceptable for a Dr. Rude, judgmental, mean and bully are 4 words that best describe her AND her staff. I personally know 3 patients who I referred to help her out when she first opened her private practice on the S Hill, all 3 plus myself, have left for similar reasons. Her practice will not survive more than 5 more years in this town, word of mouth spreads fast. Did I mention how moody?
in Spokane, WA |
Very good experience with Dr. Hartwig. She listens, and isn't a pill-pusher. She seems to analyze things, and is knowledgeable in all aspects of care.
Spokane, WA |
Dr. Hartwig would not help me with a severe, and painful issue I was having, she was refusing to do anything that would work in tandem with my life style, and ended up looking for more problems than she did solutions. I was incredibly disappointed, and even more so when I received a bill months later because she sent me to a lab that my insurance did not cover even after I explicitly was told that it would. Very crooked, and will never, ever return to that office.
Takes time to listen and educate in a thorough way. Love the more natural treatment approach she uses!
in Spokane, WA |
My first visit with Dr. Hartwig was better than I expected. She is calm, warm and listened to my concerns. Her staff is super nice!!!
in Spokane, WA |
Dr. Hartwig is a treasure. She has been very helpful in managing my (unexpectedly) complex medical needs, answers questions in ways that are easily understood and takes time when time is needed. She is thoughtful, patient and thorough. I have recommended her to a number of friends who were looking for a good primary care physician.
in Deer Park, WA |
The woman at the front desk is always either on a personal call or eating. She does not follow up with getting referrals. If you want a referral (which the doctor ordered) be prepared to call 6-7 times and wait a good 8 weeks. I could almost overlook this level of negligence if Dr. Hartwig was a good physician, but the couple of times I have been to her I have left feeling unheard and belittled.
in Spokane, WA |
My daughter is autistic and Dr Hartwig literally walked out of the appointment after 5 minutes and didn't return. Would not recommend her.
Spanaway, WA |
Not thorough. Rude. Condescending and unprofessional.
Have you seen Dr. R Kim Hartwig, MD?
Are you Dr. Hartwig?

Visit Dr. Hartwig

Dr. Hartwig accepts 12 insurance carriers
  • Bakery & Confectionary Union Plan
    Blue Cross and Blue Shield
    Cigna Network
  • First Choice Health
    First Choice Health POS
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA