Dr. Rudolph Glattes, MD

Dr. Rudolph Glattes, MD

Orthopedic Spine Surgery  |

Dr. Rudolph Glattes, MD is an orthopedic spine surgery doctor who practices in Nashville, TN. He is 46 years old and has been practicing for 20 years. Dr. Glattes is affiliated with Saint Thomas Midtown Hospital and Tristar Centennial Medical Center.

Elite Sports Medicine + Orthopedics

2021 Church St Ste 200

Nashville, TN 37203

• Bluegrass Family Health
  • Golden Rule
  • Worker's Compensation

Learn about Dr. Glattes

Elite Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Center provides comprehensive orthopaedic care and services throughout Tennessee and the southeast region. Our mission is to provide unsurpassed orthopaedic care to our patients so that they may pursue and maintain more healthy and active lifestyles.

Dr. Glattes' Experience

Dr. Glattes' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Clavicle Fracture
  • Coccyx or Sacrum Fracture
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Pathological Spine Fracture
  • Pelvic Fracture
  • Sacrum Disorders
  • Scapular Fracture
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture
  • Torticollis

• Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Spinal Compression Fracture Repair
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spine Surgery

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

• Southwest Missouri State University
  • Vanderbilt University Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2002
  • Washington University School Of Medicine
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2003

Dr. Glattes has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Glattes does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Glattes and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Glattes' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Glattes to family and friends
Dr. Glattes' Performance
in Portland, TN |
Very impressed with Dr. Glattes. We were referrred by our primary provider to check on some ??? re wifes spine x-rays and mri. Dr Glattes was very pleasant and personable,. listens to patient concerns. and very knowledgeable,..Dr Glattes was able to answer our ???"s and resolve my wife's hip issues with 1 visit. .5 stars for his PA. as well.,she is knowledgeable and they both have an excellent abilty to relate to the patient. Highly recommend Dr Glattes and his staff..
Franklin, TN |
Outstanding surgeon!
in Nashville, TN |
A few years back, I had a severely ruptured disc in my Cervical Spine (neck) that resulted in paralysis (waist down), and interference with the function of my hands as well. Doctor Glattes was recommended to me as a second opinion, and he actually caught something that the first ortho-surgeon who examined me did not. Had he not done the additional work, I would have been back in surgery again in no time. I'm 49, & had never experienced a doctor with his A+ bedside manner. Highly recommended!
in Smiths Grove, Ky. |
I highly recommend Dr. Glattes. He has been treating my back problems for several years now. He always knows what the best treatment option is for me. I trust him completely!! An awesome doctor and a kind person. He really cares about his patients...I can say from experience.
in Clarksville, TN |
Dr. Glattes is amazing! My husband had a previous back surgery (fusion) that had not gone well. It had taken several years to talk him into seeing another doctor. Dr. Glattes's knowledge and calm demeanor put my husband at ease. It has been one year since Dr. Glattes operated on my husband's back, correcting and adding a level to the fusion. My husband is not completely pain free but he now has his life back! We are able to go places and do things we had not been able to do because of the pain.
in Hermitage, TN |
Dr. Glattes is a very knowledgable doctor. He took time with me to listen to my aches & pains. I never felt rushed during my visits. I would recommend him to anyone! I would definitely go back to see him if I ever have anymore back issues.
in Nashville, TN |
Dr. Glattes is wonderful. He has a great personality and treats patients with respect.
in Murfreesboro, TN |
Dr. Glattes is the finest of physicians and surgeons. It is a privilege for me to write this Review. Dr. Glattes is kind, personable, very knowlegable, and provides easily understood explanations of my diagnosis, treatment plan, and prognosis. I trust his judgment implicitly. As a Registered Nurse, where I practiced primarily in the Los Angeles area, I was concerned when I moved to Murfreesboro and required the services of a spine specialist. I made a great choice and make this recommendation!
in Elkmont, AL |
Without a doubt, Dr. Glattes is one of the finest physicians by whom I have been treated. One quickly recognizes his excellent medical skills and knowledge, however, in my opinion, equally important and perhaps more paramount in some situations, his natural ability to communicate with you as a patient. I have been treated by many orthopedic specialist. Dr. Glattes' technical abilities and interpersonal skills are certainly in the top one percent. Please accept my personal thanks.
in 1155 bear creek Rd Collinwood Tn 38450 |
Dr.Glattes He a very nice Dr great bed side manners. He work on neck. Stop all of my problems In my neck. To me he is one the best Dr . He help me
in Georgia |
After a surgery done locally in 2015 failed my primary care recommended a trip to Nashville to see Dr. Glattes. It was the best trip i could have made, from the moment I met Dr Glattes I felt more at ease. His (& his entire staff) level of knowledge, care and professionalism by far exceed that of any other Dr. or surgeons office i have been in. They worked with me & i was scheduled for (& had) 2 surgeries (one anterior,one posterior). I am now not quiet 2 weeks out, and doing great. Thankful
nashville, tn |
Dr. Glattes, Lizzy and the other staff could not be nicer or more professional. My lower back surgery was a complete success. I highly recommend him for lumbar surgery. I had appointments at 3 of his locations pre- and postoperatively. All were reliably on time, polite and respectful.
in Bowling Green, KY |
Dr. Glattes and his staff are true professionals that are truly concerned about their patients well-being. His professional, yet relaxed demeanor is very comforting especially when dealing with difficult painful situations. I was especially pleased with his thoroughness in evaluating my spinal situation. His detail in evaluating my problem was very professional. I must say that following surgery my pain was completely removed and I can honestly say that he gave me back a normal life!
in Nolensville TN |
Dr. Glattes was recommended to me by a fellow nurse as well as a family member on whom he had done cervical spine surgery. He was easy to talk to and took his time with me, never making me feel rushed. He offered conservative treatment options and did not recommend surgery as a first line of treatment. I felt very comfortable with him, and if surgery does become necessary in the future, I know I will be in good hands.
in Brentwood |
He is simply the best in every way! Dr. Glattes never seems rushed, he listens to you as a person, not just as a patient. He seems to want to answer you questions, and to engage you as a part of the health journey.
Mount Juliet, TN |
Great doc who is personable and will spend time answering questions.
in Madison, TN |
Very caring, personal doctor, who listens to your needs, and cares about you as a patient. He takes his time with you, and always wants what is best for you. After my recent back surgery, I now have no pain, and a huge Thank You goes to Dr. Glattis. He is a wonderful doctor.....
in Franklin, TN |
I was able to schedule an appointment within hours of my call. The office and facilities are extremely clean with a nice relaxing atmosphere. I felt very confident in the care I received from Dr. Glattes and his staff and couldn't be more grateful for the fast appointments and results!
in Bowling Green, KY |
I have been in the Allied Health field for 40 years. Because of this I am very selective in choosing physicians for specialized care and treatment. I was referred to Dr. Glattes by another physician regarding neck and shoulder pain. I am thankful I saw Dr. Glattes and his staff. After exhausting all treatment options, surgery was the only option. Dr. Glattes is an exemplary neck and spine surgeon. Wouldn't think of going to anyone else regarding injuries or problems of the neck/spine.
in Nashville, TN |
Dr. Glattes and his team are exceptional. I was given full explanations of my options and they helped me decide what was best for me. They didn't waste my time with extra procedures and he tells it like it is. I love that! The care before and after surgery was phenomenal. I had 2 surgeries one day after the other. I had been given full descriptions of each surgery as well as reading materials to help me prepare. Patient care is taken very seriously. Would highly recommend.
Acworth, GA |
Thoughtful, good listener
in FranklinTN |
Dr. Glattes came highly recommended and I'm so pleased with the care I've received.
Smyrna, TN |
Super caring and has an awesome staff working for him!
Nashville, TN |
Dr. Glattes was a total lifesaver. 6 doctors who didn't listen, 4 painkiller/muscle relaxer prescriptions, x-rays, MRI's, ultrasounds, and no one could tell me what was wrong until him. He correctly diagnosed my back pain as stemming from a shoulder issue, and his treatment gave me the first pain relief I'd had in 6 months. I can't tell you how thankful I am that I gave one last doctor a chance. Make this one your first stop and save yourself months of trouble.
in Nashville, TN |
Dr. Glattes is an incredible surgeon, highly intelligent, gifted, and knowledgeable. I would trust him with my life. I have seen him myself and I have also taken my daughter to see him for her back problems. I am in the medical field and word spreads as it does in any other business – word is – he’s the man to see if you are having spine issues!
in Nashville, TN |
I had a wonderful experience with the spine team.
in Nashville, TN |
My son was having neck issues & could hardly turn his head. Dr. Glattes & his team were FANTASTIC!!!
in Nashville, TN |
I have had so many Dr appointments in the last few years... I have NEVER come across a staff as friendly and helpful as this one. Across the board, every person I was in contact with was efficient and friendly. Every person smiled at me and made me feel welcome and that they were glad I was there. The receptionist went out of her way to get me an appointment bc of the pain I was in.. From start to finish I was impressed with this doctor and his staff. So thankful for these health providers
in Gallatin, TN |
Dr. Glattes is a very kind and caring doctor. He always makes you feel better knowing he will find out what is wrong with you. I would not go to any other doctor for my back.
in Nashville, TN |
I highly recommend Dr. Glattes and his staff. My neck surgery went very well due to their expertise and wonderful attitudes.
in Chattanooga, TN |
I was recommended to Elite by my primary care doctor in Chattanooga after a neck fusion I had done locally in 2015 failed. It is almost a 3 hour drive from my home & I have made the drive several times now as I believe in Dr. Glattes (& the group). Everyone from the reception desk to the nurses are professional & Dr. Glattes inspires confidence by his knowledge and level of care. I have surgery to be scheduled this month & have the utmost confidence in my choice of care.
in Columbia, TN |
I went to Dr. Glattes for a second opinion and I am so glad that I did. This is my fourth back surgery and hopefully my last. Dr. Glattes is a proactive doctor and not a reactive doctor. I wish that I would have found him sooner. PROS: Great listener, awesome personality, takes time for his patients. CONS: I personally have not found any!!! Thank you Dr. Glattes and your team for giving me independence again.
in Nashville, TN |
Dr. Glattes has been wonderful to work with. His staff is awesome!
in Franklin, TN |
Wonderful physician, very caring and compassionate, I had an awesome outcome. Very positive and energetic. Explains treatment plan. Will continue to recommend to family and family.
in Nashville, TN |
Dr. Glattes is an excellent surgeon. I had back surgery of my lower spine a few years back. Since then, I have recommenced several of my family members and friends to him and to Elite Sports Medicine. The staff is friendly and helpful. Dr. Glattes always spends ample time with his patients. He and his staff are very accommodating. Dr. Glattes is willing to try conservative treatments in addition to surgery. If you need treatment of the spine, this is the best guy in town!
in Culleoka, Tn |
Dr. Glattes and his entire staff at Elite Orthopedics are kind and courteous. Dr. Glattes is never in a hurry when I see him and always listens to my concerns. I would highly recommend him and his practice to anyone.
in Columbia, TN |
I had herniated discs L-2 thru L-5. Dr. Glattes and his entire staff were top of the line with their care for me and my issues! Never at any time was I treated as though they did not believe me or in any careless way. Dr. Glattes was at all times very concerned, and a bedside manor from the heavens above. He always answered all my questions without any impatience at all. My surgery went amazingly well. I was only off work for 2 weeks.
in Nashville, TN |
Not only is Dr. Glattes highly skilled as an orthopedic specialist, he's kind, caring, and patient even amidst an incredibly busy practice. His team demonstrate a positive and friendly attitude everyday, along with stellar professionalism. I'm so thankful to know them and have them as healthcare providers.
in Lewisburg |
We cannot say enough good things about Dr. Glattes and Elite Orthopaedic! Elite has the most professional office staff, super facilities, and knowledgeable doctors who really care about their patients. Very highly recommended!
in Franklin |
Awesome MD, caring and excellent educator in regarding to treatment and outcome. Would and have recommended him to family and friends
Franklin, TN |
Has been excellent in my care. Didn't force surgery, worked with my wishes. I eventually did go ahead with the surgery and he has fixed my problem with no setbacks. He is very good at what he does and I would strongly recommend him. Great doctor.
Ridgetop, TN |
I have been a patient of Dr. Glattes for 4 years and have only praise for him and his staff. He discovered a benign tumor inside the spinal cord and recommended a wonderful neurosurgeon. He followed my case carefully. Later, after conservative treatment of spinal stenosis failed, he did a 2-level fusion (and other procedures) which was and is completely successful. I awoke from surgery pain-free for the first time in recent memory. He and his staff continue to monitor my recovery.
in Bowling Green, KY |
Willing to spend as much time as needed. Never rushes, and always listens.
Nashville, TN |
Dr. Glattes is a rock star! He diagnosed a herniation in my lumbar, and operated on me after exhausting all other options. The operation was a complete success, and my back feels better than it has in almost 2 years! His knowledge, understanding, skill, and bedside manner is second to none. Thank you to Dr. Glattes and the entire Elite Sports Medicine Team!!
in Smyrna, TN |
Dr. Glattes and his staff are great! They have been courteous, professional, and very informative throughout my treatment.
Nashville, TN |
I have recommended Dr. Glattes to several of my family members already! He is wonderful!
Nashville, TN |
Dr. Glattes is an outstanding physician, and is very knowledgeable. He is kind and caring, and spends ample time with his patients. His staff is friendly and helpful as well. He has treated me for neck pain for several years now, and I would highly recommend him to anyone that is having issues with their neck and back!
Very gppd
in Brentwood, TN |
Dr Glattes and team provided me with excellent and compassionate care. When I called, I quickly and consistently, reached a qualified clinician. This high level of responsiveness is, in my experience, extremely rare. I NEVER felt rushed when meeting with Dr. Glattes. He answered all of my questions thoroughly and in easily in understandable terms. He and his team accommodated my needs. I am now pain free and living life thanks to this fine physician and his team. Thank you.
in Franklin, TN |
It was wonderful meeting with Dr. Glattes and his staff. Everyone was very accommodating. Dr. Glattes takes his time explaining the different issues. He also explains, in detail, any/all possible remedies he thinks would be beneficial. He is very knowledgeable and I look forward to working with him on my continued care.
Have you seen Dr. Rudolph Glattes, MD?
Are you Dr. Glattes?

Nashville, TN 37203
Saint Thomas Midtown Hospital
2000 Church Street
Nashville, TN 37236

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists like Dr. Glattes at Elite Sports Medicine + Orthopedics