Dr. Quentin Allen, MD

Dr. Quentin Allen, MD

Ophthalmology  ·

Dr. Quentin Allen, MD is an ophthalmology specialist in Stuart, FL and has been practicing for 24 years. He specializes in ophthalmology, cataract surgery, and more.Read his story

Florida Vision Institute

1050 SE Monterey Rd Ste 104

Stuart, FL 34994

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
Call now and Healthgrades will help with your appointment if this office is unavailable

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check Dr. Allen's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Allen treats this condition more than 60% of his peers

Eye Cancer

Dr. Allen treats Eye Cancer more than 56% of his peers

Dr. Allen treats this condition more than 56% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Retinal Cancer

• Corneal Diseases
  • Corneal Erosion
  • Diabetic Cataracts
  • Diabetic Eye Exam
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen
  • Vision Loss
  • Visual Field Defects
  • Vitreous Hemorrhage
  • Wet Age-Related Macular Degeneration

Dr. Allen is a board-certified ophthalmologist, obtaining his Doctor of Medicine degree from Duke University in Durham, NC. He completed his clinical internship at Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, FL, and his ophthalmology residency at Cleveland Clinic ...

• Ophthalmology

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Allen

Dr. Allen?
Dr. Allen's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Quentin Allen, MD
I believe I have a unique perspective in my recommendation of Dr. Quentin Allen, who operated on my left eye for a cataract. Previously, the cataract in my right eye was operated on by a doctor in my hometown. Because I had had Lasik surgery, the hometown eye surgeon was unable to determine the measurement for the correct lens for my cataract surgery; therefore, the choice of lens replacement was incorrect, and I did not attain clear vision in that eye. Though Dr. Allen was faced with the same situation with my left eye, he was quickly able to determine the correct measurements, and I have excellent vision today. I would recommend Dr. Allen for ANY condition one might have with his/her eyes. He is not only a brilliant surgeon, but a kind, caring, and very fun doctor to have. If you have a cataract, do not CONSIDER another surgeon. Run, don't walk, to see Dr. Allen.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Quentin Allen, MD?
Why I chose him: recommended by friend; educated at excellent school; Board-certified AND formally committed w/Board to furthering his education; >> 5-star reviews, few bad ones. Had cataract surgery, non-laser, monofocal lenses. On day after operation worse eye (op was painless), vision improved 20/300 to 20/30 & by 1-wk post-op was back to 20/20. Just had 1-day post op on other eye, at 20/30 & improving. Tough operation, 1 cataract so thick he couldn't see retina but vision great now!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Quentin Allen, MD?
I want to write a big thank you to Quentin B Allen M.D. of the Florida Vision Institute and Treasure Coast Center for Surgery in Stuart, Florida. Dr. Allen performed cataract surgery on both my eyes. I have worn glasses every day for 55 years. I now don’t need glasses – pretty amazing. Besides my wonderful vision – the whole process was professional and compassionate. Dr. Allen’s office staff was top notch. The surgery center was efficient and kind. I was well cared for by all who treated me fro
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Quentin Allen, MD?
Dr. Allen is an amazing physician and he is the only one I would trust my eyes with!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Quentin Allen, MD?
Excellent doctor had cataracts operated both eyes. Outcome excellent. But on the follow up appointments had to wait over 1-1/2 hours to be seen. Not happy.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Quentin Allen, MD?
Dr.Allen is a excellent Eye Physician& Surgeon. I am a myopic & very nearsighted also astigmatisms in both eys. All of my issues with this problem was taken care of with skillfully & Brilliant Hands & knowledge of his craft. I can say when other Doctors told me nothing could be done the laugh is on them. My vision now is remarkable, no more thick glasses, contacts & my catherac were remove. Now with all this said I wish I had more space to express my Gratitude to Dr Quentin Allen.??
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Quentin Allen, MD?
Dr Allen is so knowledgeable, great surgeon and so patient explaining procedure and answering questions. He truly cares about his patients. Every staff member I met was so kind and I could see they enjoyed working with him . A very easy , comfortable experience.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Quentin Allen, MD?
Now I can see perfect, Cataract surgery in both eyes and no problems at all. Very good and professional
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Quentin Allen, MD?
As a retired physician,I highly recommend Dr. Allen not only because his surgical skill is excellent, but also his ability to explain what you need as a patient and discuss your options. He also has an incredible team of nurses and assistants who are caring and thorough in helping you navigate the tests and surgeries. Ruth Willis,MD
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Quentin Allen, MD?
Dr. Allen performed cataract surgery on both my eyes in August 2018. He also corrected astigmatisims in both eyes. I found Dr. Allen to be very personable, sensitive to my questions and very professional. He is a highly skilled surgeon in my opinion. After hearing from numerous friends how he handled their surgeries I knew I was in good hands. His staff and the TC Surgery Center are excellent. I would highly recommend him to others.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Quentin Allen, MD?
Dr. Allen and his team combine highest skill and efficiency with the most considerable care. If he’s your doc, congratulations.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Quentin Allen, MD?
Dr. Quentin Allen recently removed my cataracts and it's as if I have new eyes. Apparently, the results were going to be questionable because I had had Radial Keratotomy and severe astigmatisms in both eyes but the results are wonderful. I'm functioning fine without eyeglasses, for now, at the age of 71. The surgeries were quite easy from the patient point of view. I highly recommend Dr. Allen and Florida Vision Institute for all of your vision needs, they have far exceeded my expectations.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Quentin Allen, MD?
Dr. Allen and his support staff where very friendly and helpful! Dr. Allen preformed Cataract surgery. No pain, fast and I see better than ever!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Quentin Allen, MD?
Dr. Allen replaced both lenses with Symfony® iol's because of cataracts and I can't thank him and his staff enough. I feel very fortunate. Before surgery I couldn't read the top line on the eye chart, now I don't need glasses. I highly recommend Dr. Allen, his staff, the surgery center staff, and the Symfony lense.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Quentin Allen, MD?
Dr. Allen is a first tier doctor who is managing a stellar practice. He diagnosed my problems and gave me the options and probable outcomes. I chose to have the standard lense and corrective surgery for the stigmatism in both eyes. He didn't try to push one option over the other. I now have 20/20 in the right eye and maybe 20/25 in the left. Needless to say, I am delighted with the results. Ignore the one negative review...probably a disgruntled Bernie supporter.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Quentin Allen, MD?
Dr Allen removed cataracts and astigmatisms from both my eyes. After my left eye was done, I saw so clearly it was just like 3D and I was amazed. This happened within 72 hours. After seeing the results with the left eye, which previously was the worst of the 2 eyes, I made an appt to get the right eye done. My sight now is 20/15 which is even better than 20/20. I was nervous about this procedure for sometime before I had it done, but after meeting Dr Allen I became very confidant.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Quentin Allen, MD?
HAD DECREASING SIGHT IN RIGHT EYE. DR. ALLEN PRESCIBED CATARACT SURGERY. HE STATED THE SURGERY WOULD BE A LITTLE TOUCHY BECAUSE OF MY UNIQUE SITUATION ( A CORNEAL TRANSPLANT) AND SUGGESTED THE MORE EXPENSIVE TAURIC TYPE LENS. ON MAY 24TH I WENT THRU A PAINLESS SURGERY. DR. ALLEN HAD 20 DIFFERENT LENSES ON HAND TO MAKE SURE I GOT THE RIGHT ONE FOR ME, A RARITY IN THIS TYPE OF PROCEDURE. THE RESULTS WERE STUNNING AND ALMOST IMMEDIATE. CAN'T THANK DR. ALLEN AND HIS WONDERFUL STAFF ENOUGH
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Quentin Allen, MD?
Dr. Quentin Allen performed cataract surgery on both of my eyes in March of 2016 and gave me back the gift of sight. He and his staff provided me with all of the information needed to make informed decisions about my treatment, both medically and financially, and the surgical procedures were easy and successful. I had worn corrective lenses since third grade and I no longer need them. I am so grateful for his talent as a doctor and couldn't be happier with the results of my surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Quentin Allen, MD?
Dr. Allen performed cataract surgery on both my eyes approximately one month ago. I am pleased to say the operations were successful. Dr. Allen is competent and has impeccable credentials. He and his staff informed me of every aspect of the operation. His office is very organized and efficient. I have already recommended Dr. Allen to a friend. I am extremely pleased.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Quentin Allen, MD?
Excellent Doctor. After my cataract removal and multifocal lenses implant surgery I have 20/20 vision in both eyes. For the first time in fifty years I do not wear glasses ! Thank you Dr. Allen.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Allen?

Florida Vision Institute

Blue Select
BlueDental Choice
Preferred PPO
Select HMO

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Allen treats patients.

Compare Providers