Child & Adolescent Psychiatry  |
Dr. Quazi Imam, MD
Dr. Quazi Imam, MD is a child & adolescent psychiatry doctor who practices in Arlington, TX. He is 65 years old and has been practicing for 38 years. Dr. Imam is affiliated with Texas Health Arlington Memorial Hospital.

1833 W Pioneer Pkwy

Arlington, TX 76013

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • Molina Healthcare

Learn about Dr. Imam

Dr.Imam is a highly qualified psychiatrist dedicated to helping patient restore balance & joy in their lives by utilizing the most up-to-date treatment strategies & the highest quality of care. He offers a wide range of services for behavioral & emotional disorders including psychotherapy, medication management & combined treatment strategies to help patient grow & reach their goals.He believes that ? Pills does not give you the skills.? medication is just a training wheel to achieve your goals

Dr. Imam's Experience

Dr. Imam's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
  • Board certified in Addiction Psychiatry, Forensic Psychiatry, Geriatric Psychiatry and Psychiatry

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Addiction
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcohol-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Amphetamine and Other Psychostimulant Dependence
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Autism
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Disruptive Behavior Disorders
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Nondependent Cocaine Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Nondependent Opioid Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Panic Attack
  • Panic Disorder
  • Pediatric Behavior Disorders
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Tobacco Use Disorder

• ADHD Testing
  • Adolescent Counseling
  • Behavior Modification
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Pediatric Counseling
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychological Testing
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • Stress Management

• Rostov Medical University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1979
  • Rostov State Med University Rostov Russia
    Medical School | Graduated 1979
  • Columbia University, New York.
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1982
  • Chief Resident
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1985
  • Columbia University, New York.
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1984
  • Childrens Hospital-Harvard Medical School
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1996

Dr. Imam has no media or publications listed.

• Bengali
  • Hindi
  • Russian
  • Urdu

Dr. Imam does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Imam and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Imam's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Imam to family and friends
3.3
Dr. Imam's Performance
in Fort Worth |
I have been taking my grand daughter to Dr. Imam for just over a year. She has mood disorder and ADHD. Dr. Imam took her off meds prescribed by others and put her on fewer and better for her age.. He essentially gave me a new child! The office closed recently for personal reasons, but I just spoke to him and he is hoping to re-open in December! Thank God! Can't say enough good things about him and Ms. Lillian, office manager. Highly recommend this doctor. Evening appts. are a plus.
Grand Prairie, TX |
Dr. Imam has been my doctor for years now. He always takes as much time as I need with him. He is a compassionate man and I recommend him to anyone.
in Grand Prairie, TX |
I have been taking my now 12 year old son Jeremy to Dr. Imam for 6 years. Our first visit in 2011 we just told his symptoms which turned out to be A D H D .Dr imam prescribed him medication non stimulant to see how it would work for him . At same time he had us take an evaluation sheet to school and ask his teachers to write short paragraph describing his behavior . It immediately helped him. I am very happy with Dr Imam. First review I have ever written about a Doctor and I am 53 years old.
Arlington, TX |
Dr. Imam is knowledgeable and uses good judgment when deciding what is best for his patients. He strives to form a trusting relationship with his patient even in the most challenging circumstances. His receptionist is courteous, experienced, and accommodating to patients' needs and concerns. Dr. Imam and his staff have been very supportive in some very difficult times.
in Mansfield, TX |
Dr. Imam is very careful about the long-term effects of medications and he does not prescribe medications that are clinically shown to be blatantly detrimental. His approach is different from any other psychiatrist I've ever been to and he doesn't dole out medication like candy. He is cautious and caring yet very firm with his policies and procedures and I have great respect for Dr. Imam because of that.
Very informative and helpful
in Arlington, TX |
No candy coating with this Dr. This Dr. is serious about about the kind of treatment he is offering. Receptionist was detail about of what to expect. Went over the policy before my family came in. I knew before coming in about my co-pay. Initally my child was seen weekly due to some severe issues but now it is montly. I like his approach and my child & family has benefited from it. Thanks Doc
in Arlington, TX |
I was really surprised!! I was not seen by a Nurse Practioner. I saw a Dr. and not just any Dr. He was Board Certified in many areas of psychiatry. I never had someone explain things as he did and he was not quick to prescribed either. He is very reserve about prescribing medication and tried to understand me and listen and then he would ask more questions.
in Mansfield, Texas |
I had United and my cost 145.00. The 2nd visit would be 110.00. I asked what their regular fee. 150.00 for follow up visits. W/insurance I got a discount. I appreciated the break dwn. The receptionist said, the Dr. wants patients to come in without adding financial hardships or worries. Since, I would be required to see him monthly. I scheduled. I am concentrating better and sleeping well. My work productivity and my family life improved. I trust this Dr and referred fam & friends.
in Haslet, TX |
My son has been a patient of Dr Imam since 2011 when he was about 4 1/5 yrs old. He was suffering from ADHD where he is unable to focus, always irritable, unable to sit calmly and unable to express his thoughts in a sentence. Dr Imam helped my son to be able to overcome hislearning disability by prescribing small dosage of medication that helped him focus. Now my son is in fourth grade, active in sports such as Tae Kwon Do and baseball and he is getting A's in school thanks to Dr Imam.
in Grand Prairie, TX |
At first he was ok, he sat with us for 45 mins or so and talked about what's going on etc but after a few weeks we became cattle that he was hearding.The visits were less then 10 mins and he became distant.On the last visit he said he didn't take our insurance anymore and couldn't see us even though we were willing to pay cash. He didn't even refer us to anyone. I would not recommend Dr. Imam. The office us shady and good luck getting them to answer or call you back.Only doctor and receptionist.
Have you seen Dr. Quazi Imam, MD?
Are you Dr. Imam?