Dr. Qualls Stevens, DO

Dr. Qualls Stevens, DO

Neurosurgery | Male

Dr. Qualls Stevens, DO is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Midwest City, OK. He is 41 years old and has been practicing for 15 years. Dr. Stevens is affiliated with Integris Canadian Valley Hospital, Saint Anthony Hospital, Saint Anthony Shawnee Hospital and Community Hospital.

Dr. Stevens' Experience

See how Dr. Stevens' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Stevens

Dr. Stevens accepts 8 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Stevens has admitting privileges.

Dr. Stevens' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Stevens to family and friends
    3.5
    Dr. Stevens' Performance
      GOOD
      GOOD
    Edmond, OK |
    I saw Dr. Stephens today for an evaluation on a possible surgical procedure on my back. Dr. Stephens was very personable, spent time explaining my evaluation. He wasnt in a hurry as some doctors are, but was very thorough on explaining my situation and was very knowledgeable. I would highly recommend him.
    Oklahoma City, OK |
    A few weeks ago Dr. Stevens performed surgery on my cervical discs. He fused 3 of them together. He cleaned out arthritis in the cervcal area. I have had pain which was not resolved and he placed me on something stronger. He and his PA are very caring. He also performed surgery on my daughter's neck. He is operating on my lumbar spine in August. He is reserved, but he is not a snob. He is excellent and cares for patients. I never write reviews, but for him, I took the time. That speaks volumes.
    in Oklahoma City, OK |
    Dr. Stevens seems knowledgeable and competent. The PA is helpful and answers questions. The Office staff seems apathetic.
    in Moore, OK |
    I have been a patient of Dr. Qualls for several years . I was out to lunch at Johnnie's and over heard his office manager talking to the receptionist about the other office staff. Being in management myself I was very appalled by this. In my corporation this is very unacceptable. Qualls seems like a very reasonable and seems to be a very by the book type person and I find it hard that he allows this type of behavior. He as a surgeon is outstanding. His office could use some better management
    Moore, , OK |
    I have been a patient of Dr. Qualls for many years. I was out to lunch at Johnnies and seen his office manager and his receptionist there together. I overheard them discussing the office staff in Dr. Qualls office. Being in management myself I found the things the office manager was telling the receptionist about the other staff was unacceptable. I was Appalled. If that was to happen in our corporation I face serious consequences. Dr Qualls as a surgeon is excellent.
    Oklahoma City, OK |
    After getting a cortisone shot that should have lasted "6-12 months" and only lasted 2. He doesn't return calls. Even after 3 weeks and multiple messages. His assistant told me i would be in for surgery early July which was later told to be false since she doesn't know the schedule and shouldn't have said anything to me. The office refuses to send data to new doctor even with the papers they required filled out.
    in Yukon, OK |
    Dr Stevens successfully removed a benign Schwannoma in my back at L1. He could tell that I was in immense pain during my visit and scheduled the surgery for as soon as possible. He is of a quiet demeanor, but does not come off as arrogant, he just doesn't have a lot to add to the diagnosis. His PA is very knowledgeable and caring. I personally haven't had any issues with the office staff, just everything is matter-of-fact. I have the utmost confidence in Dr Stevens as a doctor and surgeon.
    in Choctaw, OK |
    I have to say that I was very disappointed in the doctor.. He was rushed and spent a total of 10 minutes with me after waiting 45 minutes to see him. He did a physical examination that consisted of me moving my legs and arms up and down. He did not check anything else. He looked at my MRI results and said there was nothing wrong with me. Then in the same sentence he said he was sending me to a clinic to get spinal injections. I am still not sure why he wanted me to have them.
    in Oklahoma City |
    The doctor is very sincere and caring. I trust him. The staff do not return phone calls and if they do they call from a private number. My phone doesn't accept private numbers so it goes straight to voice mail. So in return I have to call back and leave a message and wait again for a return call and hope that I'm holding my phone in my hand when they call me back.
    Have you seen Dr. Qualls Stevens, DO?
    Are you Dr. Stevens?

Dr. Stevens' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurosurgery
    •  Board certified in Neurosurgery
    •  Malpractice claims in Oklahoma not available

Dr. Stevens has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Oklahoma.

Why It Matters: Dr. Stevens' Board Certifications

• Neurosurgery

• Brain Aneurysm
    • Brain Cancer
    • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
    • Cerebrovascular Disease
    • Thoracic Spine Fracture
    • Traumatic Brain Injury

New York College Of Osteopathic Medicine, New York Institute Of Technology

Graduated in 2002

Dr. Stevens does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Stevens and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurosurgery

• Brain Surgery
    • Carotid Ultrasound
    • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
    • Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
    • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
    • Herniated Disc Surgery
    • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
    • Neuroplasty