Orthopedic Spine Surgery  |
Dr. Qasim Husain, MD
Dr. Qasim Husain, MD is an orthopedic spine surgery doctor who practices in Red Bank, NJ. He is 36 years old and has been practicing for 10 years. Dr. Husain is affiliated with Riverview Medical Center, Mount Sinai Beth Israel and Monmouth Medical Center- Southern Campus.

80 Oak Hill Rd Ste 104

• Husky Health
  • inHealth
  • INTotal Health

Learn about Dr. Husain

See how frequently Dr. Husain performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Osteoarthritis of Spine
Bone Disorders
Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)
high

Dr. Husain's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Husain "My goal is to work with patients to improve their pain and quality of life.  I always advocate attempting all non-surgical treatment options prior to considering any sort of surgical procedures.  If patients have exhausted all non-surgical options, I aim to present all surgical options to the patients and to come up with a game plan that is best suited to them and their specific issue."

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Fracture
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot

• Knee Arthroscopy
  • Knee Surgery
  • Knee and Leg Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Disc Replacement
  • Separated Femoral Epiphysis Treatment
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spine Fracture Treatment

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• Cornell University
  • Stony Brook Univ Health Sciences Center School Of Medicine
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2012
  • Nyu Hospital For Joint Diseases
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2013

Dr. Husain has no media or publications listed.

• Hindi
  • Urdu

Dr. Husain does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Husain and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Husain's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Husain to family and friends
Dr. Husain Says:

I've been lucky to have a wonderful population of patients to work with and treat.

Dr. Husain's Performance
in port monmouth |
doctor Husain was amazing he did a 2 level acdf surgery on me after many years of pain in my left shoulder that had migrated to my bicep and pecturial muscle i was so scared not only for the surgery but also for my results afterwards, he took so much time explaining things to me and then again with my wife and daughter i truley have never met a surgeon like him he really cares for his patients, his staff is also amazing and caring. my surgery went great with good results i couldn't be happier.
in Rumson, NJ |
Absolutely the BEST! Put off my neck surgery for months out of fear. Got opinions from Hospital for special Surgery as well as 2 local neurosurgeons and Dr. Husain. I was so impressed with his easy bedside manner and knowledge. He explained all aspects of my problem and the surgery process in detail. Everything went as planned and now, 3 months later, I'm without arm pain and pins and needles! my arm is back to full strength. He was recommended to me by a friend and I recommend him to all!!
in Guttenberg, NJ |
Words can not describe My gratitude and lucky to be patience of a doctor, with such level of professionalism, integrity and kindness like doctor Husain. I had a lower back surgery and the entire procedure was absolutely amazing. From de first appointment to the visitations after surgery, Doctor Husain has being always impeccable. The combination of high level of professionalism, capacity and friendship made the Doctor Husain one of the best Orthopedic Surgeon, I ever meet. He is the BEST!
in Middletown NJ |
my son john had back surgery. greatest doctor we could ever hope for. my son fully recovered in a short time he found more damage when he operated he even sat next to him when having a hard time coming out of anesthesia, Me and my family cannot say enough on this doctors work. i do not generally leave reviews but this doctor has to be a god send.
in Philadelphia, PA |
Can't recommend him enough. He was thorough, friendly, and very skilled. Sat down and went thru all options for my neck. Answered all my questions in detail. Surgery went as planned and today I can do things that I wasn't able to do for years because of my neck pain that radiated all the way to my fingers. I am so thankful to Dr. Husain. I am also thankful to the multiple people who recommended me to see him for my spine problem. They were absolutely correct!
in Ocean |
My surgery with Dr. Husain couldn't have gone better. My L4-L5 fusion went exactly as he said it would. I followed his instructions afterward, and three months later, I am completely pain free. I would wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Husain. Remember though, you really do have to listen to the doctor and follow his directions. He won't steer you wrong.
Eatontown ,NJ |
I went to see him for my sciatica. He seemed pretty knowledgeable on what was going on with me. He was clear in explaining what could be going on and what the next steps would be. However, he seemed like he was in a rush. He didn't spend too much time with me, and he didn't ask if I had any questions. I had to tell the nurse to get him back so I could ask my questions. Despite that, he was very nice and I would most likely see him again if I had another issue.
in Belford nj |
Wonderful bed side manner! I had a laminectomy done on L 5, S1. Surgery was successful and I am back to my routine in two months! Would highly recommend Dr. Husain!
in Keansburg, NJ |
Went to see Dr.Husain for a problem that other Physicians could not diagnose correctly and from the first visit after looking over my X-ray and MRI he went over with me exactly what was wrong and how surgery would fix my situation. 3 weeks later I was having my surgery and just days after I already could feel the relief I was so anxious to get. He has great patient skills, does not rush you while in consultation and takes his time explaining things. Great surgeon! I recommend him 100%
Little Silver, NJ |
I had a C4-5 anterior cervical decompression with fusion on my C4 vertebrae. I saw Dr. Husain for the initial consultation. Although I was not prepared for the recommendation of surgery, he took the time to explain everything so I understood all my options. He also returned my calls when I had follow up questions and again took all the time I needed to address my concerns. He performed the surgery with Dr. Rosenblum. I am thrilled with the results. I highly recommend Dr. Husain.
in Old Bridge, NJ |
I had cervical spine surgery in November. Dr. Husain was amazing, from the procedure itself to the patient care. I had a fast recovery with great results with minimal scaring. I would highly recommend him to any one who needs a orthopedic surgeon. His bedside manner is is beyond reproach.
in Fair Haven, NJ |
I suffered a broken neck in a severe car crash. Dr. Husain with Dr. Rinkus did emergency surgery on me at Riverview. The two operations (one 5 hrs, the other 8 hrs) saved me from being paralyzed from the neck down. Dr. Husain is a competent and skillful surgeon. His beside manner is kind and compassionate, easy to relate to. He explains everything and answers all your questions. He returns phone phone calls quickly on any of your concerns. I would recommend him to anyone having spinal surgery.
in Middletown, NJ |
Dr. Husain explained thoroughly what was causing my pain and why. He took the time to tell me what was needed to be done, what the results would be and the timeline it would take to feel myself again. He also explained what would likely happen if I didn't have the surgery. I was in the hospital overnight and he checked in with me three times. He listened to all my concerns at subsequent visits and I always left the office feeling my concerns were addressed to my satisfaction.
in Holmdel, NJ |
I saw a few neurosurgeons and spine surgeons once I learned I had compression of my nerves in my cervical spine. My left arm was in excruciating pain and constantly tingling/numb. I felt most comfortable with Dr. Husain after a few friends had recommended him and I was very satisfied after I met with him. He was so caring and kind and very skilled. My arm pain was gone when I woke up from surgery. I can't recommend Dr. Hussain enough!
in Middletown, NJ |
I am 2 months post surgery with Dr Husain, and I would highly recommend him. After trying non-surgical options first, he explained everything to me clearly and we decided to move forward with the surgery. The surgery (microdiscectomy L5-S1) was done on an out patient basis and provided me with a lot of pain relief. He personally followed up the next day, and has seen me a few times post surgery to monitor my recovery. I am virtually pain free now, and am grateful to Dr Husain for his care.
in Sea Bright, NJ |
I think Dr. Qazim Husain is knowledgeable, considerate, and a excellent. I was able to have a conversation with him just like any other person. He spent time listening to my concerns and provided me with positive feedback and information so that I may help myself recover at home quickly. His nurses are quick to relay messages and return phone calls. I have a pleasant experience every time I go to the office even during times of pain. My visits to the office are on time and the wait time is short
in Matawan, NJ |
I was in pain, he cared. He listened carefully to my history, asked questions and waited for the answers. When explaining the proposed procedure he was clear and spoke to me not at me. He showed me the x-rays and explained what I was looking at and how it was causing the pain.
in Rumson NJ |
Great experience! Did plenty of research on surgeons and went to Dr Husain based on what I heard. Had a two level cervical fusion from the front. Neck and arm pain gone! Couldn't be happier.
in Holmdel,NJ |
I can't thank Dr. Husain enough. I feel like he helped me get my life back. I had crippling neck pain that went down my right arm and was losing feeling in my right arm. Several of my friends and colleagues had seen Dr. Husain and suggested I make an appointment. I'm so glad I did! He explained the situation of the pinched nerves in my neck and all the treatment options. I decided on surgery and was home the next day. My pain is minimal compared to before surgery and improving daily!
in Red Bank, NJ |
Wonderful experience overall! I had multiple pinched nerves in my neck leading to terrible arm pain and tingling. My hand was even becoming weak. It was very scary. Dr. Husain explained my options and showed me my pinched nerves on the MRI. I saw multiple neuro/spine surgeons who didn't take the time to explain everything. Due to my comfort leveI I chose Dr. Husain to perform the surgery and I am doing amazingly! My neck/arm pain are gone, and my hand is getting stronger daily. Thank you!
in West Long Branch |
I first visited with Dr. Husain in Sept. 2014 because of sciatica. At that time, he explained the process of surgery if necessary but first, epidural was tried. It worked for 14 months but the sciatica resurfaced in October, 2015. After three failed epidurals, surgery was performed by Dr. Husain on my L-4/L-5, L-5/S-1. I have found Dr. Husain to be very kind, knowledgable and my surgery, which I am still recoverying, appears to be a success. Dr. Husain's bedside manner is excellent.
in Red Bank, NJ |
DR. HUSAIN DID CERVICAL SURGERY ON ME - REMOVING A HERNIATED DISC AND PUTTING IN A TITANIUM PLATE AND A DONOR DISC AND STEM CELLS. HE DID THE SURGERY WITH NEUROSURGEON - DR. BRUCE ROSENBLUM. TOGETHER THEY GAVE ME MY LIFE BACK. I LOVE DR. HUSAIN. HE'S KIND, COMPASSION AND AN AMAZING SURGEON. AND THE NURSES AT RIVERVIEW LOVE HIM, THE NURSES ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH!
in Monmouth Beach, NJ |
Dr. Husain was the 3rd spine surgeon I came to see for my back and leg pain after a few of my friends had recommended him. He is the only one who took the time to explain the exact source of my pain and show me on my MRI where my nerves were being pinched. From the beginning, he was very kind and patient and made me feel comfortable. Surgery went as planned and even though physical therapy can be tiring, I am so happy with my results from the surgery! THANK YOU!
in Matawan, NJ |
100% recommend Dr. Hussain! Very professional and understanding. Explained all options to me. My neck surgery went as planned, and I am much better than prior. I procrastinated because I was so nervous about surgery, but Dr. H explained everything in detail and made me feel very comfortable. I wish I had the surgery sooner because I suffered for so long with the neck pain and arm tingling etc. Very Satisfied!
in Red Bank, NJ |
My experience before, during and after my surgery was excellent. Even after my surgery, Dr. Husain would take it upon himself to personally call me to see how I was doing. He always made me feel comfortable and reassured me during some difficult times. He is a talented and gifted doctor with extraordinary bedside manners. I would recommend him to anyone.
in Union Beach, NJ |
I would recommend Dr. Husain to anyone, he knows what he is doing. I had surgery on my L4 L5 fusion and very happy with results!
in Middletown, NJ |
Amazing surgeon and incredibly kind-hearted and patient. I was told by multiple orthopaedic and neurosurgeons in NY/NJ that I needed a neck fusion because of my arm pain and loss of strength without any real explanation. Dr. Husain spent time explaining all my options and even told me I was a candidate for a disc replacement surgery instead of fusion. It was perfect- today I have no pain and don't even feel like I had surgery! HIGHLY recommend him if others have told you to have surgery.
in Freehold, NJ |
Took my 18 y.o. son to multiple doctors who ignored his complaints of back/leg pain and weakness with his foot for months. Dr. Husain was thorough and also incredibly kind. He ordered an MRI which showed a gigantic disc herniation causing my son's symptoms. He did a microsurgery to take pressure off the nerve and today my son has no leg or back pain and finally walks normally! We are so grateful we came to see him!
Manalapan, NJ |
Best experience I've had at a doctor's office, and I've seen a lot of doctors including pain mgmt and surgeons! He explained to me my options for surgery and did not force it on me. I decided to go forth with the lumbar decompression and fusion and I'm so much better than before surgery. My leg and back pain have drastically improved and I can walk much further than before. He was such a pleasure--- can't recommend him enough!
Middletown, NJ |
Absolutely wonderful! I had seen multiple surgeons for opinions prior to choosing Dr. Hussain to perform my neck surgery. He was thorough and listened to all I had to say. He made me feel very comfortable. Amazing bedside manner. He saw me daily in the hospital and explained everything in detail before hand. Many of the nurses in the hospital told me they recommended him to their friends, and that really says a lot. I had terrible neck and arm pain for years and now I'm so much better!
in 07764 |
By Far, the rudest,most unkind Dr I've ever dealt with.This man is the epitome of a Dr with ZERO bedside manner ethics. As I sat there explaining my issue, he did not look at me ONCE, but instead stared at his computer, fiddled with his cell phone. He came across as a very young, immature, privileged, arrogant brat. He did not offer advice, or concern in any way with my condition and if I asked a question, he made it very clear with his voice & facial expression he did not want to be there.
New York, NY |
I had spinal surgery, c5 to c7. Even though I was really scared of the surgery, it went very well and there were no surprises. Everything went the way Dr. Hussain had explained to me.
Old Bridge, NJ |
He is excellent and trust him 100%. Some of his staff sucks though.
Holmdel, NJ |
Dr. Husain treated me for my lumbar disc herniation. I had terrible sciatica for years. PT and injections helped only temporarily. He performed a microdisc surgery in a surgery center and I woke up with my leg pain gone. He explained everything in great detail, and since none of the other options gave me lasting relief we decided to proceed with surgery. Everything went as he discussed and I had an amazing recovery. Very happy to have had Dr. Husain and his staff taking care of me!!!!
Holmdel, NJ |
Dr. Husain is excellent. I had a terrible worsening pain in my neck and arm with severe weakness. Dr. Husain promptly diagnosed me with a pinched nerve in my cervical spine. He was able to do surgery on me within days because my weakness was worsening. I woke up from the neck surgery pain free! Within several weeks of therapy my strength began to return and today I'm essentially normal. Him and his staff were an absolute pleasure. Thank you Dr. Husain!
in Eatontown, NJ |
His office canceled my appointment. He will not see you unless you send him records first if you have had a prior back surgery. I believe that he is not experienced enough to handle complex spinal injuries. Do not recommend him.
Have you seen Dr. Qasim Husain, MD?
Are you Dr. Husain?