Dr. Qasim Husain, MD

Dr. Husain
Telehealth services available

Orthopaedic Sports Medicine and Rehab Center

80 Oak Hill Rd Red Bank, NJ 07701

Dr. Qasim Husain, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Red Bank, NJ. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Centrastate Medical Center and Hackensack Meridian Health Bayshore Medical Center. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Husain to book an appointment.

Compare with other Orthopedic Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Husain with our nearby Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at Community Medical Center.

These providers are on the medical staff of Community Medical Center.

Dr. Husain's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Husain

Dr. Husain?
  • Explained conditions well (91)
  • Trusted the provider's decisions (91)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (89)
  • Appointment was rushed (4)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (3)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (3)
I had a herniated disk and required a spinal fusion and arthroplasty due to an accident. The disk was doing permanent damage to my nerve. I heard of Dr. Husain from friends who are very pleased with this group. His office got me in right away. He listened to my concerns and was understanding and kind. Dr. Husain explained what needed to be done clearly and after speaking with him I had confidence that his recommended course action was what I needed to have done. Because the damage to the nerve was ongoing, Dr. Husain adjusted his schedule to get me into surgery right away. Being this injury resulted from a car accident dealing with the PIP insurance aspect was complicated, but Dr. Husain's staff helped me through it all the way. The surgery went very well and I'm very pleased with my results and recovery.
Carol N. – Apr 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Qasim Husain, MD?
I highly recommend Dr Husain. Very progressive treatment resulting in immediate relief after surgery and very quick recovery. I had experienced chronic neck and upper back pain for years. I finally decide to address the condition when I experienced almost constant numbness down my left arm. From the minute I walked in to his office for results of MRI and discussion about surgical options I had complete confidence in his skill. He explained all my options and what the expected outcome would be. He did spinal fusion on 4 discs and had me back at work in 3 1/2 weeks. Great bedside manner, checked on me every day.
Patty – Mar 31, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Qasim Husain, MD?
I would certainly recommend Dr.Husain to my family and friends. Dr.Husain is a caring physician who answered all my questions and came to see me in the Hospital everyday after my surgery.
Robert C. Tully – Mar 19, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Qasim Husain, MD?
Dr. Husain is very clear and knowledgeable with a (bonus) fantastic bedside manner. I had painful sciatica for 2 years radiating down my leg, I no longer have sciatica since my surgery. He was very explicit about the procedure and his expectations after surgery. I'm very thankful for Dr Husain's skills as a surgeon. My quality of life has greatly improved now that I no longer live with chronic back and sciatic pain.
Kim H. – Feb 27, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Qasim Husain, MD?
He has a warm and gentle manner. Opted to do a less invasive procedure to get maximum benefit. Explained all options in a way that was easy to understand but was very honest as to what to expect postoperatively. Office staff was very friendly and professional. Doing very well . Surgery is a big step but Dr Husain allayed our fears and have put us on the road to feeling so much better. Thank you so much
Dr Neil R Lapidus/ KarenLapidus – Feb 06, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Qasim Husain, MD?
I thought Dr. Husain was wonderful, kind, patient and informative. He took the time to explain why surgery was the next step in my treatment. He explained what needed to be done and what I could expect. I was pleased with the results after surgery and the follow up care afterwards.
Lori Manfredi – Dec 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Qasim Husain, MD?
Ended up in the hospital in extreme pain. I was barely able to walk and unable to sit after care from another doctor for several weeks who was convinced my leg pain was a hamstring injury and had me on steroids and PT regime. Dr. Husain was brought in for a consult after the MRI showed a large herniation in L5/S1. I found Dr. Husain to be extremely professional and crystal clear on my options. I felt no pressure from him and elected same day surgery. Hours later I was able to walk and sit without pain. Happy to say recovery is going well. Dr. Husain is extremely professional and very thoughtful in how he explains medical issues in layman's terms and took his time to address questions fully. In today's medical world whereby it's a rush to get-in and get-out, it was a pleasure to be in Dr. Husain's care. He made me feel as I was his only patient. I'm very confident in my knowledge on my condition and my path to better health. Highly recommend Dr. Husain.
Jennifer – Dec 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Qasim Husain, MD?
Dr. Husain and his team have been excellent in all regards from pre op consultation, thru the operation procedure and post op. He fused my lumbar spine about 4 weeks ago and I am feelling no pre op symptoms at this time. I would highly recommend Dr. Husain and his team.
Dave Downie – Dec 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Qasim Husain, MD?
I am most grateful to Dr. Husain for my recent surgery to relieve severe back pain. He is a true professional. From my first consultation and throughout the surgery and follow up he has always been an excellent listener and provided answers to my many questions. Happy to report I am feeling great! Thanks again Dr. Husain.
C.F.STRAUB III – Sep 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Qasim Husain, MD?
This was my second surgery with Dr. Husain. I can not stress how wonderful I feel due to the doctors care, performance & professionalism. The entire process from consultation to surgery to recovery was flawless. Probably one of the most professional medical staff team in New Jersey. If you are in back pain and need the confidence around your choice for care, then Dr. Husain should be the doctor you choose. Dr. Husain and his staff make you feel like you are their only patient. They care for you and it shows.
Robert Familetti – Jul 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Qasim Husain, MD?
Met with Dr. Husain after several consultations with other physical therapists and Doctors for extreme pain in my neck/arm due to a herniated disk in C6/C7. Felt the most comfortable with him and his office and didn't feel pressured to go any which way. He explained all avenues for treatment and told me to schedule a surgery with him but to do PT in the meantime in hopes the surgery wasn't necessary. Never felt rushed at all and he answered all my questions happily. Unfortunately my injury worsened and Dr. Husain and his staff went out of their way to fit me into their schedule to move up my surgery. I woke up with instant relief, was out of the surgery center that day and was back to work in a week. He was able to give me a full disk replacement instead of fusing the disks together which is what I stressed to him that I would greatly prefer. It's been about a month since the surgery and I would say I'm about 85-90%, just have the normal stiffness that is expected. Highly Recommend!
Dave Ross – Apr 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Qasim Husain, MD?
Making my appointment to see Dr. Husain was the best decision I made to resolve my chronic lower back issues which were increasingly getting worse in the months before my December 10th surgery. I could be out walking and all the sudden have severe burning pain in my posterior pelvic region and fear of losing my ability to walk and worry about losing my balance. It would last for a few minutes and then be back to normal. This was occurring on a daily basis. My MRI revealed many regions of serious concerns within the lumbar vertebrae and in my spinal canal. Seeing the word severe throughout my impressions had me seriously concerned. Dr. Husain and his assistant Toni were critical in making me feel at ease about my upcoming surgery. Since having the procedure by Dr. Husain, I no longer have the symptoms that were affecting the quality of my life and fear of becoming paralyzed. I am very grateful to have found Dr. Husain who made a very positive affect on my well-being.
Henry Roth – Feb 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Qasim Husain, MD?
My problem with spondylolisthesis become very painful in 2019. My quality of life was changed tremendously by constant back pain and right leg pain. During 2019 I did many months of physical therapy and also had 3 epidural injections. Tremendous fear is instilled in us when we bring up the subject of back surgery. I found Dr. Husain because I was familiar with the practice. When I read his reviews I knew I had to go see him. When I met with Dr. Husain he spent a tremendous amount of time with me explaining what was going on. He knew I had done PT and had epidurals, but never pushed surgery on me. I knew I couldn’t live this way any longer and made the decision to have surgery. I had decompression surgery with fusion at L4-5 with instrumentation. Everthing was explained to me about the procedure, nothing was sugarcoated. I had my surgery on Jan. 7. I am about 90% better. You do not need to go to NYC to find a great surgeon. Dr. Husain is smart, compassionate and an excellent surgeon.
SP – Feb 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Qasim Husain, MD?
I first started seeing Dr. Husain in June 2019 as a result of a large herniation at L5-S1. Dr. Husain initially recommended conservative treatment (i.e. physical therapy and epidural steroid injections) and did not at all pressure me into getting surgery right away. Fast forward to the end of July and my symptoms got SIGNIFICANTLY worse. I could not walk or even stand long enough to shower. I spent my 30th birthday in excruciating pain and nothing seemed to help. In September, Dr. Husain ordered a second MRI (which showed that the herniation got worse, compressing a large chunk of my sciatic nerve) and quickly scheduled me for a microdiscectomy on September 23, 2019. Following surgery, my symptoms greatly improved. At about two weeks, I could walk normally again. At three months, I started going back to the gym. Now, I am proceeding to live my normal 30-year-old life (with a few bad days, of course). To be frank, my only regret is that I did not get the procedure sooner.
Bianca – Jan 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Qasim Husain, MD?
Dr. Husain is incredible. He is Attentive and caring. Surgery with him was the best decision I made for my health. I highly recommend him.
Dec 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Qasim Husain, MD?
I recently had ADCF surgery performed by Dr. Husain. I am so grateful for his expertise, professionalism and overall approach. His constant reassurance set my mind at ease for this complicated procedure. He was clear and upfront as to expectations relating to recovery. Prior to surgery, my pain was unbearable. Thankfully, after surgery, I am back to normal functionality with little (if any) residual affect. I am very grateful to have been a patient of Dr. Husain and would recommend him strongly.
M. Flattery – Nov 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Qasim Husain, MD?
Dr. Husain is awesome. If your back hurts go see him if you want relief! I broke my back and he was a crucial part of my recovery.
R. Stone – Oct 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Qasim Husain, MD?
I recently had a discectomy procedure performed by Dr. Husain. Prior to surgery, I was in significant pain and experienced difficulty walking and sitting. Less than a month after surgery, I feel 100% better and am so grateful. I cannot say enough about Dr. Husain and his staff. From the initial consultation to the day of the surgery to the follow-up appointments, I felt in competent hands.
Richard Spigai – Aug 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Qasim Husain, MD?
Excellent all around! Dr. Husain is professional,sensitive to patient concerns, clear, communicative and a highly skilled surgeon. I would recommend him to anyone that is in back pain. Surgery is never fun, but he made the entire process more than bearable. Thank You again Doc!
Joseph Littmann Jr – Aug 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Qasim Husain, MD?
The office staff is welcoming, professional and efficient. Kelly, in surgical, was especially helpful to me, personally. She knew my anxiety about the procedure and would answer all my questions, return my calls and had a reassuring and calming spirit. Dr. Husain is an incredible surgeon. On my initial visit, he took time and thoroughly explained my condition, as well as my options. I had 2 herniated discs which would required a fusion. I was totally unfamiliar with back surgery and was, admittedly, anxious about having the procedure. As Dr. Husain explained the details of the procedure to me, I felt a sense of confidence and trust in him. I had the surgery 2-1/2 weeks ago and I am now walking with a cane, only for long distance, and stopped taking pain meds days ago. Most people would seek a second opinion for this type of surgery but after meeting Dr. Husain, I knew there was no need for another opinion. I thank God for directing m
Joanna P – Aug 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Qasim Husain, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Husain?

My goal is to work with patients to improve their pain and quality of life.  I always advocate attempting all non-surgical treatment options prior...Read more

Awards: