Dr. Qamar Khan, DO

Dr. Qamar Khan, DO

Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation  |
Dr. Qamar Khan is a fellowship trained, board eligible physical medicine and rehabilitation physician. Dr. Khan's residency program allowed him to be trained at the top orthopedic spine and sports, physical medicine & rehabilitation and pain management programs in Chicago. ??He completed his medical residency training at: Rush University Medical Center (Midwest Orthopedics, Rush Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation),?? Northwestern Memorial Hospital/Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago (Spine and Sports Rehabilitation Center – SSRC),?? University of Chicago Medical Center (Department of Pain Medicine),?? Loyola University Medical Center (Department of Pain Medicine). This made him one of the most well-rounded and best trained physicians in the field of pain management. He was selected to be Chief Resident for his Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation residency program at during which time he excelled the program in the field of interventional spine and pain management training and was subsequently selected as Resident of the Year by his peers at the conclusion of residency. Dr. Khan furthered his training by completing an ACGME accredited pain medicine fellowship at the ?University of California, Davis Medical Center under the top leading experts in Pain Medicine where he was noted to be the Top Interventional Fellow in his class. ??Dr. Khan's specialty and subspecialty training make him an expert in acute/chronic pain conditions and an interventional spine specialist. Dr. Khan practices at Wasatch Pain Solutions which is mainly an Interventional Spine and Pain and Comprehensive Pain Medicine practice.

661 W South Jordan Pkwy

South Jordan, UT 84095

Learn about Dr. Khan

See how frequently Dr. Khan performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)
Osteoarthritis of Spine
Sacrum Disorders

Dr. Khan's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Khan "As a pain specialist, I understand that not all pain can be eliminated but this will not dissuade me from attempting or offering the care I believe you deserve. My plan to treat your pain will not just rely on opiate pain medications so we do not give up on hope of other options."

• Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation

• Baker’s Cyst
  • Chondrocalcinosis
  • Chronic Pain
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Facet Joint Pain

• Thoracic Epidural Steroid Injection
  • Transforaminal Epidural Block
  • Vertebroplasty
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

• Emory University
  • Rush University
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2008
  • University of California At Davis / School of Medicine
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2009

Dr. Khan has no media or publications listed.

• Hindi
  • Urdu

Dr. Khan does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Khan and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Khan's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Khan to family and friends
3.3
Dr. Khan's Performance
South Jordan, UT |
Dr. Khan almost killed me! I spent approximately three weeks in the hospital because he punctured my lung while giving me injections in my back. This has changed my life incredibly! I’m terrified to get anything done in that area of my back to relieve my pain for the fear of haveing something like this happen again. Please, do not see Dr. Khan! If I could leave a zero star I would. He was with Granger pain clinic at the time.
in Draper, UT |
I've been a patient here for a few months now. After reading some reviews I'm lucky to say I have never had to wait long to see the Dr. More importantly my pain has decreased significantly since coming here.. Dr Khan is kind, patient and knowledgeable. He takes the time to listen and makes sure my questions are answered. The staff is also great. I would rate them above average. I'm happy to say so far I've had wonderful experience here. I highly recommend them
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Dr Khan and staff have been great! As the only Doctor currently trained professionally in Utah for Regenexx procedures, I’m grateful and privileged to receive his help! He is insightful on how to help me and the course of action needed for my chronic nerve pinching condition. His experience has been key success in my treatment. I wholeheartedly recommend Dr Khan, a dedicated doctor who truly cares in helping people with pain issues. Thank you Dr Khan for all your help and restoring my health!
Salt Lake City, UT |
Do NOT go to this office if you value your time. My husband and I waited over an hour after arriving and were never brought back from the waiting room. The front desk person never said a word about the long wait and when asked kept saying they were running a "little" late. This office has zero respect for their patients time and in turn we left without ever being seen. The front desk person acted as though this was normal for their office. I will not be returning.
in Draper UT |
Today, at the final follow up appointment, my mom had to wait for a full hour before getting any attention. I had to go in and talk with the front desk lady (since my mother doesn't speak English) and she said "we are sorry, we are so behind" Now, I can see if you are behind a few minutes.... her appointment was at 1:45, it is now 3:25 and she was just called back to see the Doctor.... Throughout the process of getting scheduled, the service was unprofessional, the scheduling was always off.
in South Jordan, UT |
Wasatch Pain Solutions & Dr Khan are excellent care providers! Unlike another place I went to prior, they had a plan of care for me and were able to explain things to me and take the time I needed to understand what was going on with my back. Steroid injections were quick and all staff were very pleasant and helpful. They did what was needed to help my back heal instead of leaving me wondering what was next. Thank goodness I found them! I am now not fearful of the future. Thank goodness for WPS!
in Riverton, UT |
I came in with tremendous pain in hip and leg and was treated with care and understanding. After first procedure, I began to feel 50% relief and after the second I feel no pain and better than I have in years!
in Herriman, UT |
A week ago was my 1st clinic visit, which was prompt, then an MRI a few days later, at a hospital, for severe sciatic nerve pain and some disk problems. A week later I received spinal injections. For me it was a question of seeing a surgeon or trying non-surgical procedures first. It is 1 day since the injections, and have about 40% relief but it is early yet. Dr Khan was engaging, once a dialog was started, and willing to explain what was the goal. Hope it works!
in Sandy, UT |
I would NOT recommend seeing Dr. Khan. Here's why: 1. Waited over 1 1/2 hours until he entered the exam room. 2. Unapologetic for the wait time and acted annoyed that I was even there. 3. Chomping on his gum, like a cow chewing cud. 4. ARROGANT. My husband didn't know the definition of the medical term Dr. Khan was trying to explain so Dr. Khan said let me draw you a cartoon so you'll understand, then proceeded to do so. 5. Hands down the most unprofessional Dr I've ever dealt with.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Dr Khan doesn't care about controlling your pain level. All he wants to do is give shots, so he can make more money. They are always running late, so plan on waiting from 30 minutes to 2 hours for your appointment. He is rude and has no sympathy. The shot in my back made my pain worst than it had ever been and all he suggested was another shot, but didn't know whether it would make it better or worse. It's been 5 months and still in pain from the shot. I won't recommend him at all.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
I am seeing Dr. Khan for a fairly severe knee trauma from a skiing fall. I can't yet comment on my outcome but I've been very satisfied with my experience so far. I will update as appropriate after giving the treatment plan time to work. Dr. Khan and his staff took a lot of time to help me understand various treatment options and I never felt rushed or pressured and they seemed to genuinely care about my medical care and outcome. His staff was courteous and helpful and wait times were similar a
Anacortes, WA |
I received steroid injections into my neck for treatment of herniated disks over a period of 4 months leading up to an enriched platelet therapy injection all in an attempt to heal an injury I received from a chiropractor. From the outset, I told Dr Khan I wanted to fix the problem and that I wasn't interested in medication and long term treatment. The end result is that the treatments did nothing for me and I paid an exorbitant amount to Wasatch Pain Solutions for nothing other than they got to
Have you seen Dr. Qamar Khan, DO?
Are you Dr. Khan?